Start by marking “The Footsteps of Cain” as Want to Read:
The Footsteps of Cain

The Footsteps of Cain

He made a mistake. His punishment? Kill the world.

A nameless immortal wanders a desert of his own making, on a planet mostly devoid of life. He is imprisoned to the will of a malevolent spirit...limping toward atonement through a chain of uncountable bloody deeds, and across many millennia. The only thing that keeps him going is the promise of freedom...not for himself, b
Published June 24th 2016 by Derek Kohlhagen

To ask other readers questions about The Footsteps of Cain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Footsteps of Cain

Start your review of The Footsteps of Cain
Lara Pittmon
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Phenomenal job. Sucked me in and didn't let go, superb ending. Felt like an epic, can't wait to see what else the author has
Linda Collins
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book...Very strong characters and well written
Maria
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
For a first novel,bravo! Derek Kohlhagen weaves us an expertly written story. While it does start slowly, by the end you may feel as if there aren't enough pages that could be filled with his writing. There are more things I would like to be clearer and less confusing, but for the sake of spoilers I may just attempt to re-read and figure them out myself! Overall, wonderful book!
Tony Parsons
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Samuel “Sam” Wade was the Spire mining facility Maintenance Chief.
A colossal structure that housed the Dome, the miners living quarters, 8 guard towers/cannons, surrounded by a 30’ thick 60’ wall.
Anything beyond the wall was considered the Wastes.
The computer room was 3 levels down. This was Kelly Prince, Henry Goodwin’s (tech), & Seth Feron’s paradise.

The drilling mechanisms were gargantuan.
Tristan Englewood was in charge of the Church of the Reclamation.
Men, women, & children had been van
Kieran Double
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
I received a free kindle copy from the author in return for a review.

I would give this four and a half stars if I could (I save five stars for my favourite books, and good and all as this is, it isn't one of those). It's not flawless by any means, but what it is... it's human and reading it hurt, but that's a sign of true art in my opinion. That feeling... there is nothing so cathartic, so healing. When I finished it, there was a hole in my heart, a hole in my soul. Few books make me feel that w
chris cunningham
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth the read

Worth the read. First half I was unsure about the characters. The second half made up for the first half
Aly
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
At first I wasn't sure what I would think of this book, but I liked it very much. It was hard to put down and it captivated me. I really liked the ending and was glad to have it go the way it did. Overall, this book was rather good. * I received this book from the author---this is my honest review*
Charles Daniel
Heavily Influenced by Christian Mythology . . .

This novel has complex characters, plot, and concepts a plenty.

The concept of "souls" are not specifically discussed at any point, but the entire novel relies on their eternal existence and the concept of "sin," (though consistently refer to as "crime") and ablution of sin from the soul after death. The novel never specifically mentions The Bible or the Book of Revelations, but alludes to its concepts throughout.

The author has committed his own sin
Amy Shannon
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wildly entertaining

I enjoyed this book, and recommend it to anyone who loves adventure on a wild and holy ride. With light and darkness inside the story, it takes the reader on an adventure, to say the least. The characters were intriguing and likable, (and some, you love to hate), but that's the beauty of this work. With surprising twists and turns, Kohlhagen brings the reader into the story until the very end. I look forward to more of this author's work.
Brandon Peoples
Mar 19, 2017
deb perks
Jun 05, 2017
Jesse Wright
rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2018
Alicia Catlos
Mar 06, 2017
Stephen
Mar 07, 2017
Derek Kohlhagen is a writer of speculative fiction, often flavored with a science-fiction spice. He believes that the powerful words, "what if", can become the roots of some of the most interesting, provocative, soul-stirring stories that can be told. He views life through the lens of experimental thought, where fascinating new characters and conflicts can spring into being across an eye-blink.

Der