Start by marking “Mythic Orbits 2016: Best Speculative Fiction by Christian Authors” as Want to Read:
Mythic Orbits 2016: Best Speculative Fiction by Christian Authors

Mythic Orbits 2016: Best Speculative Fiction by Christian Authors

This anthology is a showcase for the best stories submitted in the general field of speculative fiction by Christian authors for this project. It represents a wide variety of genres, including science fiction, fantasy, horror, and paranormal. There is no common theme to these tales, though the subject of empathy or lack thereof does come up in them repeatedly. This is most ...more
Published December 31st 2016 by Bear Publications

To ask other readers questions about Mythic Orbits 2016, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mythic Orbits 2016

Deborah O'Carroll
(Review also posted on The Page Dreamer in a slightly easier-to-read format. XD https://thepagedreamer.wordpress.com/...)

Ratings ranging from 1-5 stars; rounding to 2.5 stars for whole collection overall -- individual ratings later. :)

I don’t think this is a collection I would have picked up on my own, but I met a wonderful author, Lisa Godfrees, who has a story in this collection, at a writer workshop event, and she was kind enough to give me a copy. It looked like something very different from my previous experience, so I curi/>Ratings
Anna Tan
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TBH Mythic Orbits wasn't exactly what I expected. (Actually, I don't really know what I expect these days.) The title and the cover made me think that it might be more space/scifi than it actually turned out to be; 'speculative fiction', of course, is a rather large umbrella term (though 'Mythic' is also another clue). The actual stories, however, are skewed to the more paranormal/fantasy side of things.

There isn't any single unifying factor that ties these stories together, other than that lar
Laurin
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fascinating collection of stories! There is a little bit of everything in here, from ghosts to twisted fairy tales to robots to aliens. If you can’t find a story in this anthology that you like, there must be something wrong with you. Just kidding. But seriously, I was impressed with the breadth of speculative fiction that is represented in this collection.
Equally important to me was the variety of lengths of the pieces. I know that may sound weird, but if you only have a few minute
C.O. Bonham
Mythic Orbits 2016 is a short fiction anthology. It features speculative stories written by Christian authors, it is not "about orbits which are somehow mythical."

I thoroughly enjoyed each of these stories, though I do have favorites.

My favorite story was HMS Mangled Treasure, by L Jagi Lamplighter Wright. In this story a single mother goes after a gang of car pirates (yes you read that right) to reclaim her son's favorite toy. It is a tale of sorrow and wonder and you will enjoy ev
Katherine M
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good spec fiction collection

I really enjoyed this collection of speculative fiction. Most are fantasy of some type, but a couple are sci-fi. Dental Troll was one of my favorites, reminding me of the old versions of Faerie tales. I also liked the Red Riding Hood re-imagining.
Janet Sketchley
Mythic Orbits is subtitled “best speculative fiction by Christian authors,” and it’s intended to be an annual anthology.

The 2016 edition is packed with well-written stories in a variety of speculative flavours, including fantasy, dystopian, paranormal, horror, and science fiction. Some are disturbing, some funny, some sweet. And some have happy endings.

You’ll meet fairies, monsters, robots, ghosts, and more… and humans from young to old.
Some stories have an overt Christian thread, others a mo
Tracey
Mar 01, 2017
Dec 18, 2018
Camilla
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an interesting collection of stories! It will appeal to a wide range of people. The variety of stories and writing styles keeps the pace moving, and it is great for anyone who likes sci-fi fiction.
Jessi Roberts