Start by marking “Elegant Retribution” as Want to Read:
Elegant Retribution

Elegant Retribution

Teased and taunted all her life, Lilijana Bartholomew found herself pregnant, beaten and alone.
She thought he had loved her.
Little had she known, it was all part of his sick little game.
Toying with the business card in her hand, could she call on a perfect stranger and ask for help?
What did she expect from him? Rescue? Protection? Escape?

Denim Gargliano, is a powerful,
ebook
Published March 2nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Elegant Retribution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elegant Retribution

Allyson Morris

This was a good book not really great.. fell short on a few things that would have made it better but I would read another from this author.
Joanne
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
❤❤❤❤❤❤ I had the pleasure of reading Elegant Retribution as a beta reader and I absolutely love it. Would I recommend this book yes indeed. There is so much more to this book, each character grows throughout the book and you will be amazed.
Denim just catches your heart from the start with his kindness to others but underneath he is a badass not to be messed with.
Marie Pedrick
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg what a read, I couldn't put it down. This book was amazing, you can't help but get wrapped up in the storyline, you just have to know what's going to happen next. If you like pure simple romance wrapped up in a thrilling story this is the book for you. This review was given on behalf of Amo and Sarah's book corner
Bloggers From Down Under
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Received on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Kylie from Bloggers From Down Under **

Lilijana has had a hard life. Her mother is dead and she lives with her alcoholic father. She is always on the receiving end of taunts from the local school girls. But what makes Lily's life worse, she's just found out she's pregnant and the father wants nothing to do with her or the baby.

Enter Denim. The man you call if you need help. A total stranger, until the night Lily desperately n
Holly Bargo
Sep 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Puerile, clunky writing with TSTL characters

Was this written by a 14-year old? Aside from plurals masquerading as possessive, stilted dialogue, and myriad information dumps, the heroine displays practically bipolar behavior, by turns weeping, resentful, arrogant, suspicious, and too stupid to live. The hero is a cardboard character with no real depth and a corresponding level of idiocy written in such a manner as to attempt to portray a criminal as a nice guy. The story also tries to pass itself
Brandy Roberts
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a interesting read very unique it would be the first book by Tee Smith that I'v had the pleasure of reading and I know I will be reading more from . This starts out with the heroine really needing someone she is about to do something but a handsome stranger intervenes and changes the course of her life . Once he comes the rescue after having a really bad day Lilijana doesn't know what to think of her savior or what he would want in return . I felt so bad for Lilijana with the way she gr ...more
Melissa
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Read

Lili is a young woman who found herself pregnant and betrayed. Denim offers his help the first time he meets her. When she takes him up on his offer, what will happen between the two?

This is the first book by Tee Smith that I have read, and she hooked me on page one with the story of these two. From the storyline to the character development, this was a book that I just could not out down.
ViolinVixen
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lilijana met Denim while she was in the midst of making the toughest decision of her life. He couldn’t stay long, but gave her his card in case she ever needed help with anything. Lilijana wasn’t one to ask for help. Teased and bullied all her life, she knew better than to trust a stranger. She couldn’t even count on the people who were supposed to love her, why on earth would a stranger want to help her?

Soon though, she finds herself in a desperate situation and she calls Denim’s number. She’s
Wanda  Hensley
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a good book . I had a hard time putting it down . Loved both characters and the story line. Well done Tee
❤❤❤❤
Kathy Biviano
Disappointing

Was okay until the last few chapters. Was it necessary and/or considered okay to have the main characters commit murder and go on their merry way?
Tracy- OMGReads
*3.5 Star review*

While there was much to be enjoyed about this book, certain aspects fell flat to me. In Elegant Retribution, we meet Lili and Denim. Lili is a young woman at 19, who has been through a lot of sorrow and heartbreak. Denim is a successful man, with a bit of a hero complex.

Certain parts of the book pertaining to Lili and why she is the way she is were done beautifully. Lili, to me, is a well developed character, who is just trying to find herself and her place in the world. Denim
Kelly Mccurdy
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

I absolutely loved reading this book! This is one of those books that you can't help but read until you can't read it any longer because you have ran out of pages to turn. So what would you do if you had nowhere to go, and the only thing that could save you is a business card? Would you call the number on the card, or would you chance with the life that you currently have?

This is the first book by Tee Smith that I have read, and I can tell yo
Mspraise50
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lilijana is half Vietnamese and half white and Denim is white.

I enjoyed the story and the couple. I thought it was a good read. I would have liked to see some more action in the story since Denim was a Boss. However, still a good read. My first by this author.
Angela
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this story. I still want to know about some things, but they were left unanswered. This story is very fast paced from the very beginning. I loved Lili being a badass. The way the book ended was spectacular. I can’t wait to read more from this author!
Jennifer Jones
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story line in Elegant Retribution. However I have mixed feelings regarding some of the wording that was used in the book. For example, there was a part in a hospital where there is an operation happening. The nurse stated no one was allowed in the operating theatre. I have never heard an operating room, called a theatre. Could be an age and cultural thing. The setting of the book takes place in Australia. I have never been, to know which side of the car they drive on. Here in the U ...more
Mary Harden
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary Harden

I loved this book. The people in it was real. So many writer don’t write about real live. Many of us have had people be mean to us over thing that we cann’t help. This writer has made me feel like a part of the book. I will be looking for other books by this writer. Please take the time to read this. It will be worth your time.
Suzanne Gall-perez
Great read

This is the first book that I have read by this author. I really enjoyed the story. It is a fast paced, suspenseful romance that will make you fall in love with the characters. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Mandy Stump
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Wow what a read. This book was great. Loved how strong Lili turned out. Even glad she stood up for herself. Love Denim and Lili together they were made for each other.. Fantastic book.
S.T. Williams
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Review: I want to avoid spoilers here so I will try not to say too much. I really loved this story. I've come to expect a great plot surrounding wonderful characters whenever I pick up a Tee Smith book and the first book in the Elegant series was no exception.
Denim and Lili were great characters. Denim was strong and compassionate, he was sexy and also a bit hard headed. I wanted to shake him just about as much as I wanted to kiss him and I loved it. I love a male character with flaws especially
Dela
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Kristy France
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Denim Gargliano was absolutely clueless when it came to women and love; however, he did manage to help others when in need. Little did he know that his knight in shining armor complex would come into question when he met Lilijana. Lilijana Bartholomew was bullied and lacked trust for men since all the men in her life had let her down in one way or another. She finally had no choice but to escape and called upon Denim to rescue her. It was unfortunate that her knight in shining armor wasn’t so sh ...more
Chanel
This is one of those Dark Romance type books with a questionable Hero, Damin, and an innocent young girl, Lilijana. The more I read the book, the less I liked it. By the title I should have now, this book would have revenge, but there was nothing "elegant" about it. If you think some of Lilijana's goodness is going to rub off on Damin, you would be wrong. I expected Damin's actions, as he I knew he was a controlling man with a dark side, but I was totally shocked by the Lilijana's actions at the ...more
Angel Dollxoxo
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

A great second chance, fast paced, love affair. I enjoyed the characters and plot. I read this book in one setting but was not entirely happy with some parts where there seemed to be some skips in the story. The ending seemed like a quick wrap up and I just wanted more. But overall it is a good read and I will be reading more books from this author.
Karen Jones
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

I loved the synopsis, so I decided to give this book a chance. I'm so glad I did! I loved the storyline and I loved he characters. This book had a HEA but is was not predictable.
Susanti
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I couldn't stop reading it.
Lilijana is a broken girl, bullied by her schoolmates and toyed by her crush? Idk who Lewis is to her 😂

I really enjoy seeing Denim being all protective and caring. He's a boyfriend anyone would ask for!
Barbararose
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lilijana...wanna a banana?

Was always the taunting that classmates threw at her. Mostly by Jenny and her boy friend Lewis.
Lewis even told her he loved her, that he hated Jenny, and he got her pregnant.
Running away when her father beat her, to the man who said he helps people!
Paula
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous

I really enjoyed this story. Such a emotional storyline.
Great characters . I highly recommend reading this story.
Heartbreaking at times , action ,and thank goodness a H. E .A .
Chantell Reid
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Denim, a night in shining armor. Lili, a troubled recent grad of 19yrs old. Two worlds, unsuspectingly intertwined.

Suspense, violence, jealousy and love. But is there a happily ever after?
Marie C. Jones
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I really enjoyed the book very much. Would like to read more books by this author. Always waiting to see what comes next.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

Lilijana Bartholomew was always teased and bullied in school. When she turns up pregnant by someone she always had a crush on, she ends up beat down by her father. With nothing left to do she calls upon a stranger she met outside an abortion clinic.
Denim Gargliano owns strip clubs, among various other businesses. Needing a temporary manager at one of his clubs, he hires Lili. She's sweet and innocent, and he can't keep his mind off of her. When trouble comes calling and she has to do the unthin

• Abattoir
  • Caught Up (Drawn Series, #2)
  • A Right to Remain
  • As It Seems
  • Something Worth Saving
  • Emily (Skipping Stones #1)
  • His Perfect Imperfection
  • The Falling of Grace (Falling, #2)
  • Whipping Girl
  • Pinnacle Lust
  • Wait for Me (LoveStruck #1)
  • The Alien Mate's Abduction (Alien Abduction, #2)
  • Sweet Violet (English Ivy, #3)
  • Forsaking All Others (From This Day Forward Duet #2)
  • Mad Love (Guns & Ink, #1)
  • Aloha Also Means Goodbye
  • Fighting History (Fighting For Love, #4)
  • On Best Behavior (Conduct #3)
Tee Smith is an Australian author, who lives on a farm with her husband, four teenagers and a host of animals, including two donkeys.