Jump to ratings and reviews

Perfumes, Splashes & Colognes: Discovering and Crafting Your Personal Fragrances

Discover the joys of crafting your own unique and personal perfumes. Nancy Booth shows you how to pinpoint your fragrance preferences and design personalized products for both body and home. Learn how to use herbs, essential oils, natural plant extracts, and alcohol to create one-of-a-kind perfumes, sprays, colognes, and potpourris that not only smell great, but are free of harsh chemicals. With helpful tips on storing, packaging, and even marketing your products, you’ll be inspired to explore the aromatic world of homemade fragrance.

176 pages, Paperback

3 books8 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
5 (6%)
1 star
1 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews
Profile Image for HBalikov.
1,787 reviews674 followers
May 28, 2012
I don't think that I will ever be concocting my "signature" aroma, though this book would be where I would begin. I enjoyed it because it explored the whole realme of scent and provides such a good look at what many popular fragrances are composed of.....from Chanel No. 5 to Drakkar Noir.
Profile Image for elaynne.
127 reviews
January 6, 2015
I've had this book for a number of years but re-read it again to refresh my memory.

It's a fair beginning source for crafting your own fragrances and give you ideas about how to go about discovering your own recipes. It explains the concept of fragrance "notes" and fragrance "families" or types. There was some history about perfumes but it didn't dwell too long on that bit.

In all, if you're interested in perfumery or maybe even some aroma therapy, it's a pretty decent place to get started. The last chapter (More forms of fragrance ..) reminded me some good ideas.

The copyright is from 1997 so the source list might be outdated but I did notice some essential oil companies that are still currently in business.
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.