Start by marking “Grumpy Cat And Pokey: Grumpus (Grumpy Cat And Pokey Vol. 2)” as Want to Read:
Grumpy Cat And Pokey: Grumpus (Grumpy Cat And Pokey Vol. 2)

Grumpy Cat And Pokey: Grumpus (Grumpy Cat #3)

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The World's Grumpiest Cat -- and the world's most adorable internet sensation -- continues to delight fans of all ages with her comic book misadventures (although she's actually quite disappointed to delight anyone, of course)! Whether she gets drawn into her fun-loving brother Pokey's games of hide-and-seek, spends her afternoon daydreaming of a world without humans, or u ...more
Published January 11th 2017 by Dynamite

To ask other readers questions about Grumpy Cat And Pokey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grumpy Cat And Pokey

Kristin Davison
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents and children, grumpy cat fans
date read: 8/12/16
date published: 17/1/17

I would like to thank netgally and Diamond Book Distributors for the opportunity to read this book.
This is a series of adorable stories featuring Grumpy cat and her brother Pokey. I can't quite work out where this stories come in the grumpy cat and pokey comic book series, but it does mention issues 3, 4,5 and 6. The drawings are refreshingly clean and suit the style of grumpy cat. The writing is hard to read on the computer so I mostly just followed the
Wayne McCoy
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
'Grumpy Cat: Grumpus' is another graphic novel collection of stories starring Grumpy and Pokey. Grumpy is surly, and Pokey is energetic and imaginative. Grumpy is not thrilled by this.

There are nine short stories in this volume with a variety of story-lines. Grumpy and Pokey play hide and seek and Grumpy finds a completely different annoying kitten. The circus comes to town and Grumpy is mistaken for one of the attractions in the sideshow. The title story is the story of how one of Santa's helpe
Megan - Alohamora Open a Book
I liked the short comic collection; this format is great for reluctant readers. I liked Grumpy Cat's statement of "I'm allergic to fun." Though, the things I enjoy end there.

All in all I felt Grumpy Cat and Pokey: The Grumpus! was random, boring, and lacked any real point or story line in any of the various comics. Even the stickers at the end (shown below) were random.

I love finding books for reluctant readers, but I feel there are other great books for reluctant readers in this age group.

H
Paul Franco
Second collection of stories about the cat who’s “allergic to fun” that I’ve read.
Don’t take a Grumpy Cat to the circus. . . unless you want her to join it.
Best Christmas story ever!
You’ll find what happens when cats discover the internet.
“Actual magic lamp. Seriously.”
15 pages of bonus alternate covers, of which “My Little Grumpy” was the best.
I liked the previous one better, the stories were more entertaining.
Eileen Hall
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Grumpy Cat books, only just discovered them.
This book of short stories brings out the "lovableness" of her.
The Christmas and the Circus stories are my favourite.
On another note - I know some humans who are just like her too!
Highly recommended.
I was given a digital copy of this book by the publisher Diamond Publishing via Netgalley in return for an honest unbiased review.
Christyn
3.5/5 Stars

Grumpy Cat & Pokey: Grumpus is another collection of full color, comic styled adventures featuring Grumpy Cat and Pokey (and occasionally dog). I actually liked this one more than the first that I read Grumpy Cat & Pokey, maybe it was my mood, but I think I liked the adventures in this collection more. I had fun with this collection of comics. This book had the following comics (and themes, I'll tag them as spoilers in case you don't want to know what they're about, but I do
Nadin Adel
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, children
Lovely drawings and stories. Absolutely suitable for kids. Having a mere sense of value to be learnt in some of the stories. I enjoyed it myself. Maybe also my love for cats is a factor for my rating!
Marjorie Elwood
I had no idea that Grumpy Cat had her own comic series....
Colette
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
A grumpy looking cat, plenty of puns, and the best story in my opinion is Grumpus out of this collection. I love Twas the night books and takeoffs. Love this grumpy girl, but love Garfield more.
Andréa
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book through NetGalley.
Tami
I have heard so much about Grumpy Cat, but never really learned any intimate details about Grumpy until I read this comic book. I was surprised to find that Grumpy is a female (imagine that) and has a younger brother named Pokey.

Grumpy also hates climbing trees, but she will begrudgingly help another cat out of a tree. Grumpy prefers curling up in a comfy place for a nap and eating treats to any other activity.

The most notable stories in this edition of Grumpy Cat, is a cute Christmas story and
Liliyana Shadowlyn
A great book for older kids, teens, and adults. I greatly enjoyed reading it. As a Grumpy Cat fan, I thought this had the right amount of snark and whimsy to be thoroughly enjoyable.

Advance Review Copy
Penny Olson
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cats, cat, graphic-novel, humor
I received a digital of this book from Netgalley.
This is a very amusing collection of graphic novel style stories of the adventures of Grumpy Cat and her sidekick Pokey. The illustrations are excellent. Grumpy Cat is suitably grumpy and there is plenty of humor for adults and kids. My favorite stories were the Harry Potter-esque "Every Witch Way" and "Cat-Astrophe", a cat apocalyptic story.
Heather
Sep 17, 2017
Shellina Borgman
Aug 03, 2017
Bonnie Kernene
So very cute...er, grumpy! It was a fun comic to read and would be perfect for young kids. It is funny and heartwarming (just don't tell Grumpy cat! A lot of fun to read!
Jax
May 10, 2017
Ashley
Dec 30, 2016
Thomas Cavanaugh
Nov 15, 2017
Sara
Aug 06, 2017
British comic book writer, Ben McCool has gone from selling comics to writing them. He has written for Justice League: Unlimited and Negative Burn and is now working on the forthcoming graphic novel NEVSKY (April 2012). McCool is engaged to Heidi MacDonald, whom he lives with in New York.

Born and raised in Birmingham, England, Ben McCool was a long time fan of US comics. He first began to work wi
More about Ben McCool