Start by marking “Trickery (Curse of the Gods, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trickery (Curse of the Gods, #1)

Trickery (Curse of the Gods #1)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  8,502 Ratings  ·  661 Reviews
Willa Knight: Dweller. Slave. Non-magical being.

In Minatsol, being a dweller means that you are literally no better than dirt. In fact, dirt might actually be more useful than Willa. Her life will be one of servitude to the sols, the magic-blessed beings who could one day be chosen to become gods.

At least her outer village is far removed from the cities of the sols, and
Published February 28th 2017

Jilly
Mar 11, 2017 Jilly rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This book is hilarious. At first I almost DNFed because it seemed like the main girl was so stupid that I didn't think I could take it. But, I have seen how much everyone loved it and decided to give it a chance. I'm so glad I did.

Yes, the heroine is clumsy. She's a walking disaster area who is a danger to herself and anyone around her. Actually, "walking disaster" is inaccurate because she never makes it more than a few steps without tripping, running into something, or falling down stairs.

"Ho
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Wow, I actually liked this book. A lot. Willa Knight (18) and the Abcurses; Coen, Rome, Siret, Yael and Aros were awesome. The book actually reminded me of Demons at Deadnight by A.E. Kirk with Aurora and the Hex boys, just a bit more...mature? I adore the lightness, the funniness and hilariousness, the jokes and the mystery the book got going on.
Some things in life were a given. It was a given that the sols were the bridge between the dwellers and the gods.

I love all the Abcurses equally,
Cheski Rose
Oh my Gods. (And yes I mean Gods, not God) ;)

The Basics:
Genre: High Fantasy Reverse-Harem
Standalone/series: Series. Book #1
Rating: 4.75 stars.

Okay, so this books about Willa, who I've totally decided, is basically my spirit animal. (The amount she falls over and makes an ass of herself really leaves no question.)

Willa is hilarious. I laughed out loud, pretty much most of the time I was reading the book. (My boyfriend now thinks I'm nuts.)

The book is set in this really cool fantasy set up,
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
HILARIOUS HEROINE WHO LITERARLLY FALLS INTO ADVENTURE
BEAUTIFUL COVER
REVERSE HAREM
WHEN THE F*CK IS BOOK 2 COMING OUT??

descriptiondescription

Meet Willa Knight:the quirky, ultra-clumsy, sassy heroine you haven't read yet.
“Fuck the gods,” I said again, a little louder this time. Just double-checking. “Fuck the fucking gods!” I screamed. I had no excuse for that one. It just felt good.”

description

It was only a childish prank to graduate. Just mess up the computers. Improve her grades. She didn't realize it would send her off t
Rhea_sways
FIRST OF ALL: I WANT THE NEXT BOOK!!
Second of all: I am a hypocrite!!

1. Let me explain, I am always going off about the MC's needing to be well rounded. But I forgave the MC's for their assholeness..

2. I always complaining that there is no strength in the plot points. But I forgave the book for no substantial visible plot line

3. I just LOVED each and every one of those boys!! I am just in LOVE.

4. I hoped to god that less clothing of the male population would be involved and more action
Amber Robertson
DNF @ 40%

I felt like I've been reading this for three weeks. I started enjoying it, having fun with the characters. However, as the story went along I became confused. Utterly confused.

There's a massive info dump in the beginning and then a massive character dump. I kept getting things mixed with characters, that could be because the world building was all over the place. I honestly couldn't tell head from tail in this book.

This book did have its funny moments, but most of that was just that o
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
I loved absolutely everything about this book.

The world building, the dweller/sol/gods set up, all 5 brothers, clumsy sassy Willa, the flirting, the group dynamic, the humor - just everything. And I cannot wait for the next one (especially if that 'pact' they have going on crumbles).
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Reverse Harems... That moment when my good taste (at least in my opinion) in books takes a nose dive for worst.

You can't take my word for this. I mean, honestly, I have no rating criteria other than raging fangirliness. That's it. That's as far as my intellectual (HA!) brain will take it.
Saya ☽ Queen Of The Night
OH MY GODSSSSSS, THIS BOOK WAS GLORIOUS!

I mean I loved every single thing about this book, especially the Abcurse brothers *swoons*
I honestly can't pick between these godly brothers, and ihopetheyallenduptogether yus, i definitely did say that, because they all are individually amaze-balls but together, holy hell, it's like...... a dream turned reality

Now, lemme talk about Willa-the clumsy af-badass dweller-who's tethered to these brothers. This girl had me laughing 24/7. I mean she was absolu
Talltree
Mar 15, 2017 Talltree rated it really liked it
Shelves: b-rh
Holly
Jun 20, 2017 Holly rated it it was ok
Heroine is borderline obnoxious. But I just kept reading! This is totally one of those shameful books you're embarrassed to like. Plot twists seem pretty obvious so far. I'm sad to say I'll probably read the next one despite the 2 stars.
Alexus
Feb 09, 2017 Alexus rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites
I won an ARC for this story through the live event a couple weeks ago. It wasn’t required for me to give a review, but I just finished it (after binge-reading for hours), and I just… I have to review it. You guys don’t wanna miss out on this one, I promise.

The story starts off right in the midst of things. We’re in the mind of a girl named Willa who’s got a knack for a lot of things, namely being clumsy and wreaking havoc. Willa is a dweller, which means she’s pretty much worthless, destined to
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
So good. Starting book 2 now. I never start a series before it's all published because I'm impatient and forget where I left off but I was too intrigued to leave it alone. So worth it! Full review to come.
Wanheda (Commander of Death)
Mar 02, 2017 Wanheda (Commander of Death) rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-stella
His eyes sucked. He had sucky eyes, and so did his brother.

Possiamo tutti inciderci nella testa la regola base che il troppo storpia? In tutti i sensi? Perché se nelle prime 50 pagine il fatto che Willa non riesca a restare in piedi per più di due secondi è anche divertente alla lunga il fatto che questa non riesce neppure ad alzarsi dal letto senza sfracellarsi al suolo è solo irritante e una continua fonte di roteamento di occhi.
La protagonista continuava a non riuscire a fare due passi di s
Jemimah  Zafoune
Feb 28, 2017 Jemimah Zafoune rated it it was amazing
Trickery was absolutely amazing! I loved it and right from the very first sentence it drew me in. I'm mahoosive fans of both Jaymin Eve and Jane Washington so when I heard they were writing a book together, and in the reverse harem genre which is one of my new favourites, well I was jumping for joy and just could not wait to read it. As soon as I could get my grabby little hands on this book, well I devoured it in one sitting and I'm about to read it all over again once I've written this review. ...more
Anne
Apr 02, 2017 Anne rated it it was amazing
Jaymin Eve is one of my favorite authors, so when I see that she has a new book out -- and she cranks out 3-4 books every year -- then I immediately buy it.

This one is totally worth the read.
If you want to watch my review on YouTube, here is the link: https://youtu.be/ZtloXM4mjK0

In this world, there are Gods, Sols and Dwellers.
Gods are gods (well, duh).
Sols are magical humans who might become Gods when they die.
Dwellers are non-magical humans, the lowest of the low, and essentially slaves to the
Me_LissaH
Mar 26, 2017 Me_LissaH rated it it was amazing
I did not want this story to end this book just drew me in form the beginning and I did not want to put it down. Willa was an amazing character, she was loveable, funny and I love her clumsiness. Coen, Rome, Siret, Yael and Aros were amazing. I loved the friendship the guys have with Willa but I hope Willa ends up with all of them. Overall this was a great read can’t wait for book two.
Lili
Mar 11, 2017 Lili rated it liked it
Almost DNF because the h is an idiot but kept with it & was pleasantly surprised. Interested to see how the author is going to resolve the "pact"...
Cecilia Richards
Feb 10, 2017 Cecilia Richards rated it it was amazing
Willa Knight is a dweller, a slave. A non-magic being. In Minatsol, deweller means that are no better then dirt, actually dirt might be more useful than a dweller. Two people from her village are to be chosen to serve the sols, the magic beings who could be chosen to become gods. Willa makes ones tiny mistake which changes everything. Awarded a position to serve at Blesswood, top sol academy in the world - which also happens to be a position she did not deserve. Her task at Blesswood? to serve t ...more
EmmaMay
Apr 24, 2017 EmmaMay rated it it was ok
This is a hard book to review - the first 60% does it no favours (well, except for the Abcurse brothers)
My biggest problem was Willa, the h. She makes no logical sense as a character in this world. She grows up dirt poor (emphasis on dirt) Her mothers the town trollop. They have no access to things like TV or computers, so books & school are the only ways to learn. And by Willa's own admission she rarely attended/listened at school.
So we are presented with Willa - smart-alec, sassy, rebelli
Nazbit91
May 13, 2017 Nazbit91 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so I started this book to just pass time, procrastinate, avoid responsibility....you know? The usual. But oh-holy-moly-cow-face-butt crack! I really enjoyed this book.

It was hilarious, really easy reading, to the point i didn't want to put it down. I mean, it was one of those 04:38am 'just one more page' situations!

I've been trying to think about what makes this book so good, and I'm not sure. The characters are hilarious! I mean, yeah the main female character is a bit slow (I did roll my
Raven_Blake
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

REVERSE HAREM ALERT!

Firstly, I loved the beautiful cover of this book and violet is one of my favorite colors. secondly, it’s a reverse harem genre so I knew nothing’s going to keep me away from this book. I was so excited when I first read the premise of this book and If you don’t know I’m total sucker for reverse harem genre. It’s very rare to find a good book with reverse harem and while reading Trickery I really felt like I was reading a R
Merve Özcan
Jun 05, 2017 Merve Özcan rated it liked it
Başları çok komik. Kahkaha attığım oldu. Ama sonra tekrara girdi ve sıktı. Benim kedim Duman'a yaptığım gibi kızı sürekli kucaklarına falan almaları baydı. Ama işte tatlı bir yanı da var kitabın.

Üstelik kurgusu yüzeysel, tamamen beş kardeşe odaklı. Kız da bir mal sormayın gitsin. Hani mal var mal var ya, bu malx73737373737 gibi bir şey.

Hoşuma giden şey kızın kendisiyle dalga geçip durması. Kardeşlerin tatlılığı.

Kitabın sonuna doğru dedim bunlar orgye girecek terbiyesiz ahlaksızlar ama girmedi
Secretly Adorkable Readers
This is a five star NO Spoiler Review by Secretly Adorkable Readers of Trickery (Curse of the Gods) by Jane Washington & Jaymin Eve!

The saying always goes that laughing is and will always be the best form of therapy. I just fell in love with all the characters and I want the next book now!

The chosen dwellers Emmy & Willa were called to go on a journey to Blesswood for school of elite sols. They will become servants for the sol gods who live there. Emma is a very smart and sophisticated
Kimberly Johnson
Feb 09, 2017 Kimberly Johnson rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. LANTA!!

I just can't even right now!! I literally don't have words only sound effects!! This is such a cool concept and I love the mythos of this world. I shouldn't be surprised as all of Jaymin's books are so incredible especially when she partners up with my favorite authors. Jane and Jaymin knock this out of the park. I love how seamless this book is between their two writing styles. I've read two of Jaymin's collaborations now with two different authors. I can definitely separate her
Alexandra
Feb 28, 2017 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
Wow...just..wow!

I have just finished reading Trickery a few hours ago and I am already trying to find something similar to read in the meantime until the next book is published to prevent going crazy waiting. But that's just mission impossible! This was one of the fastest reading that I've done and I am so sorry for that now! I should have slowed down...savor it more, but I just couldn't stop! And now it's ended :((

Jaymin, if you reading this please know that every time I finish one of your book
Sharon Mariampillai
Thank you Sharon J for recommending this book to me. This was an amazing read. The storyline was really interesting. The story as a whole was amazing. I loved Willa. She was strange yet wonderful. The greatest thing is she gets to be surrounded by a bunch of hot guys. I can't really choose my favourites. However, I think it is a tie between Coen and Yael. This is the beginning of a fantastic series. The characters, and the writing make me and the other readers fall in love as the author brings m ...more
Treena
Mar 14, 2017 Treena rated it did not like it
DNF after the first 2 chapters.

I felt like my eyes were drooping from boredom after the 1st chapter. I forced myself to read the 2nd one but still, I couldn't work up any enthusiasm for this story. Too wordy for my taste and nothing really encouraged me to keep on reading. Plus Willa, the MC, was already annoying me. Maybe it gets better in the middle or towards the end but I wasn't interested enough to try.
Max
Mar 14, 2017 Max rated it did not like it
DNF.

I stopped at "accidently". Was it deliberately spelled that way or was it accidentally peppered throughout the book?

Willa' voice was just too childish. The circumstances were just too weird. I could not continue.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 May 21, 2017 11:11AM
Two pregnancies...theories **Spoilers 3 83 Apr 12, 2017 05:38PM
Jaymin Eve is the USA Today Bestselling author of the Walker Saga, a young adult fantasy series, Hive Trilogy, a young adult urban fantasy, as well as the Supernatural Prison series. She loves surrounding herself with the best things in life: her two girls, a good book and chocolate.

Living in the beautiful Gold Coast, Australia, the family loves spending lots of time on the beach. And travelling a
More about Jaymin Eve...

Curse of the Gods (3 books)
  • Persuasion (Curse of the Gods, #2)
  • Seduction (Curse of the Gods, #3)

“It’s your own fault, Will. What did I tell you about walking?” “That I should leave it to the experts,” 6 likes
“He dropped my hand, and I knew that he was moments away from kicking the door down like a crazy, deranged sol, so I quickly raised my fist and knocked. They all turned to stare at me, looking like I’d just stolen their favourite toy and ripped its head off. “What?” I asked defensively. “Just trying to be polite.” “We’re here to kill her,” Siret reminded me, his voice a frustrated groan. “Don’t see why we can’t kill her politely,” 6 likes