Start by marking “Addison Cooke and the Tomb of the Khan (Addison Cooke #2)” as Want to Read:
Addison Cooke and the Tomb of the Khan (Addison Cooke #2)

Addison Cooke and the Tomb of the Khan

(Addison Cooke #2)

The Goonies meets Indiana Jones in Addison's second laugh-out-loud adventure! A journey through Asia in pursuit of the legendary tomb of Genghis Khan.

Fresh off of a victorious treasure hunt and rescue mission in South America, Addison Cooke just can't seem to steer clear of rogue bandits, pesky booby traps, and secret treasure troves. But it sure beats sitting around in sc
Published November 14th 2017 by Philomel Books

To ask other readers questions about Addison Cooke and the Tomb of the Khan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Addison Cooke and the Tomb of the Khan

Start your review of Addison Cooke and the Tomb of the Khan (Addison Cooke #2)
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Schools out, summer is in, and Addison and his group of friends are off to Asia!

Trouble seems to follow Addison no matter where he goes, fresh of a treasure hunt and rescue mission in South America – Addison finds himself in a whole new set of trouble out in China.

When Addison and Molly’s Aunt and Uncle get kidnapped in China by the mysterious Madame Feng, they must use their knowledge as survival skills in order to beat Madame Feng to what she really wants – the Golden Whip from the lost grave
Ms. Yingling
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
ARC provided by publisher

Addison is chafing to be off on another adventure now that school is over (and he's managed to avoid detention), and is glad that Aunt Delia and Uncle Nigel are willing to let him take Eddie and Raj to the Gobi desert when the museum sends them off China. They meet with Eustace Hawtrey in Hong Kong, but before Addison can soil his new white dinner jacket, his aunt and uncle are kidnapped by Madame Feng and her band of Triad gang members. It turns out that a shield Hawtry
Gineesh T G
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Man, what can I say ? I totally love this series. Though i think 'tomb of khan's ' storyline is little better than 'inca tresure', the previous addison cook series. Yeah this book will totally make you crazy for addison cook's upcoming novel ( Though i didn't hear anything about next book in the series).

As you guys know, story line is about adventure of Addison cooke and his friends in extemporoneous search for tomb of Genghis Khan, famous notorious Mongolian leader. Addison cooke is only 13 yea
Julia
May 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I don't remember when I read this. Took me a while to get through it, though. Whenever I put it down, I didn't really feel like picking it up again.

CONS OF ADDISON COOKE AND THE TOMB OF THE KHAN

There was another attempt at character development. At least this time it was started at the beginning of the book. But it was totally forgotten about for most of the middle, then picked up again at the end, as if the author was like 'oh wait, need this! haha'. Me at him: haha NO.

Addison really seems to l
Ethan
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shona
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is the second in the Addison Cooke series and it was a good read. My 12 year old grandson and I have been reading this for our summer reading program. It is full of action and clue solving. Very appropriate for a tween boy or girl. Looking for the third in the series.
Daria Tetcu
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Genială...
Allison Tebo
RTC
Georgiana-Laura Gheorghe
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review for “Addison Cooke and the Tomb of the Khan” by Jonathan W. Stokes:

It’s the second book from the “Addison Cooke” series written by Jonathan W. Stokes. The story focuses on another adventure of the Cooke children and their friends.
The author attracts his readers through his simple style that can be easily understood. The world that he created resembles a mix of Indiana Jones and The Goonies taking the readers on a ride across Asia this time.
We all have a little bit of each character in us
Nathan
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another Cooke book down.

Yet another book that, had I read it for myself, would have elicited a lower score. Maybe even lower than I had wanted for the first in the series. The author has picked up some affectations that quickly get weary. There are now extremely frequent flourishes of floundering fiction, where weak wisps of weary words in consonance bounce off sentence after sentence. Alliteration aspires to act awesomely, only awkwardly achieving the asinine. Rhyme tries to repeat the beat in
April
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Addison Cooke convinces his Aunt and Uncle to take him, Molly, Raj and Eddie with them to Hing Kong. Aunt and Uncle promptly get kidnapped again. This time by the Triad led by Madame Feng.
The Russians get involved too, and the race is on to find Genghis Khan's tomb.
I swear these kids must be the engergizer bunny come to life. The story is nonstop action and destruction. They crash a plane, blow up an airport, set fire to a museum, blow up a palace and reset the course of a river.
The ending leads
Noor Khan
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Addison Cooke is back with the same wit and charm from the first book! This thrilling sequel gives a spellbinding tale of mystery, Russian mafia out for revenge, dangerous but friendly Chinese triads, and of course the witty, life-saving charm of Addison Cooke. Despite the whole save-a-precious-tomb-from-ruthless-criminals element, I think it's Addison's natural wit that kept me laughing form literally the title of the first chapter to the very end. This adventurous and humorous novel, written f ...more
Emily Carlyn
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! Addison, Molly, Raj, and Eddie are off again on an adventure across China. Of course the A & U get themselves kidnapped quite quickly in the book and the kids are left to their own devices. This time, they are off to find the tomb and massive treasure of Ghengis Khan. Chock full of adventure, action, humor, and suspense. Can the 4 kids scramble their way out of the Thousand Buddha Caves? Throw in a horse race across Ulaanbaatar and several explosions, you’re in for a wild plane ride! ...more
Adrian
Sep 28, 2020 rated it liked it
(Please note, I liked this series enough to read the second book, which is not true of some of the other books my 8 yo has read) Liked it a lot right up until the ending. Then at the ending his parental figures die in front of him, and he swears revenge. A little too grown up for my taste for kids. Really? Swearing revenge?
April
A great adventure, with a precocious young man and his gang, through the Gobi desert and into the mouth (and beyond) of the Khan's tomb! What more could you want from a middle-grade story? Adventure, comedic banter, and dozens of perilous situations. It did not disappoint! Just as good as the first Cooke adventure. And if they decide to tackle another relic, we'll be sure to tag along!
Rohan D
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Addison Cooke Series. They are very similar, but instead of taking place in the Americas, it takes place in Eastern Asia. In this sequel, Addison and his crew encounter many other challenges, to find a different type of treasure.
Elizabeth
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an exciting, fast paced archeological adventure many young teens will enjoy. It's in the vein of Indiana Jones, with some historical attributes, but much wild and somewhat unbelievable adventure. The story is enjoyable and Addison is an engaging, smart main character.
Travis
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read aloud for my boys. I don’t think I’ve ever had to stop reading so that they could catch their breath from laughter more for any of the book. And! The alliteration! Looking forward to seeing how the series wraps up.
Willo
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
You can tell that the author loved The Goonies as he admits in his bio.

Still, an enjoyable read. The silly wordplay is my favorite part of these pleasant, generally unsurprising children’s books.
Viola Sung
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Santi
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It

So good. I recommend this to adventure and realistic fiction lovers. All in all, READ THIS AMAZING BOOK NOW !
Becky
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Can’t wait till next one!
aem
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
good adventure!
Whitney
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A fun read, but not very deep. Like reading an action movie for 12year olds, so obviously my boys loved it.
Brenda
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it
I can imagine lots of kids who will eat this series up!
Maria
minicrab
May 31, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Word of Mouse
  • Danger Down The Nile (Treasure Hunters, #2)
  • Peril at the Top of the World (Treasure Hunters, #4)
  • Treasure Hunters (Treasure Hunters, #1)
  • The Secret Lake
  • Belly Up (FunJungle, #1)
  • Last Day on Mars (Chronicle of the Dark Star, #1)
  • Sal and Gabi Fix the Universe (Sal and Gabi, #2)
  • The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary (Dog Days revised and expanded edition) (Diary of a Wimpy Kid)
  • Frost in May (Frost in May, #1)
  • Mrs. Smith's Spy School for Girls (Mrs. Smith's Spy School for Girls, #1)
  • Lion Down (FunJungle, #5)
  • Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #2)
  • Max Einstein: The Genius Experiment (Max Einstein, #1)
  • Mr. Lemoncello and the Titanium Ticket (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #5)
  • The Dollhouse Murders
  • Kenny & the Book of Beasts
  • Signed by Zelda
Jonathan Stokes is a screenwriter living in Los Angeles. He has written on assignment for Fox, Paramount, Universal, Warner Brothers, New Line, and Sony. He is the author of several upcoming kids' books being published by Penguin Random House. Jonathan is a street taco aficionado, an urban explorer, and koala enthusiast.

Addison Cooke (3 books)
  • Addison Cooke and the Treasure of the Incas (Addison Cooke #1)
  • Addison Cooke and the Ring of Destiny (Addison Cooke #3)