Start by marking “Love by Design” as Want to Read:
Love by Design

Love by Design

Two years ago, Jeremy Lanzo's life almost fell apart when he fell for his boss and the golden prince of McIntyre Corporation, Benjamin McIntyre, the Third. After being ruthlessly rejected, he swore off the blue-eyed blond and did everything in his power never to cross paths with Ben again.

Now the two of them have been chosen to lead the company's largest project to date; a
Published January 17th 2017 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Love by Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love by Design

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Very sexy with a hint of sweetness, Love by Design is a friends to enemies to friends AGAIN and finally (finally!) to lovers story.

It took Ben a while to figure out what he wanted. I didn't blame Jeremy for being so standoffish, but Ben was hard to resist. He meant well; he just didn't know how to break free of his controlling, manipulative father.

I loved the interactions between the men, and I really liked Addie, Ben's friend. She was an awesome female character, strong and supportive, but no
Ele
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: second-chance
Second chances+ enemies to lovers! I have LOVED Sam Morgan's A Rookie Move and Slow Burn, and Love by Design was another winner.

I loved the writing, the well crafted characters, the banter, the self-sarcasm, and the dialogue. Not a lot happens in the first 50% of the book. It's mostly slow burn with a lot of tension. The second half, though, really makes up for it. A lot of steam, tons of feels, and the right amount of angst and conflict.

Favorite quote (which showcases just how evocative the w
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.25 Stars!

I don't understand why this book has such a low average rating.

I've really liked all of SBM's books - and this one was no exception.

Loved the enemies to lovers vibe.
Loved the slow build.
Loved the banter.
The angst was well done.
Nice amount of steam.

Definitely a recommended read!
~Kristin~
4 Stars
This was a new to me author, and all in all I think it went pretty well. It started off slow for me, and I didn't initially connect with either of the main characters, so I was a bit worried. But once they started interacting and put some of the past issues to the side, I was able to get more into the story.
I think I will read this author again.
Aeren
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me ha gustado mucho, personajes con muy buena química y una historia dulce y llena de pasión, ¿qué más se le puede pedir?
A.E.
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent as always

I've been a fan of Morgan since Slow Burn. I was excited to see this new release and just as I thought...,,,it was amazing!!!
Riina Y.T.
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderful story, awesome characters. Strong 4 stars.

I was super excited when I saw this new release from Sam B. Morgan :)

I adore her previous work. This was just as charming, fun and sexy.

Love, love, love the guys.

Also, loveliest epilogue I've read in a while :)

I found some scenes a bit drawn out with repetitive inner monologue. They do dance around each other and if that's something you don't like.... You might wanna skip this book.

I think it could've been polished a tad more in the first ha
Bogusia
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, autobuy-author, mm
Another winner from Sam B. Morgan.
I really loved this story and these characters a lot :)
Good read!
Cynster
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF@35%

I love Sam B. Morgan, especially the first two books, and I'm sorry that I had to give up at 35%. The reason is that the story is BORING. I don't feel the chemistry. I don't feel the story around the romance. I don't see the reason why Ben pushed Jem away when he already had two experiences with men - so what is this book's conflict? I kept asking myself that. I kept pushing myself, hoping that I'd get to love it but it just didn't work.
Usually I love slow burn but I didn't feel the spark
Lada
Jan 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
Purple prose, repeated whining and mutual admiration, pages of sex, and finally the MC grew some balls at 94%!
Amber
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Hearts

I find myself going into every Sam B. Morgan book hoping for the same feels as Rookie Move and I realized that is doing a disservice to this author. I can’t keep comparing every single book to something that I found exceptional. I realize that. With that said, Love by Design is pretty stankin’ good. I really enjoy this author.

Ben McIntyre is good at his job. Probably one of the best in his field what he doesn’t need is distraction. And the company would think starting a romance with thei
WMD
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, my-mm-reviews
a well done simple romance

This is about Jeremy, uptight defensive sharptongued architect/designer, and Ben, golden child super salesman heir to the company throne, charmer. It's a romance, as other Sam B Morgan books, and the story focuses pretty narrowly on the two MCs. They have a history, two years prior to the book, of teetering on the edge of something great....but Ben ran away and Jeremy let it happen. So this isn't a quick romance but a lot of the slow burn happened before this book. Thi
Ali
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 2 stars out of 5

Ugh, I really wanted to like this story and kept hoping the tone would change and it would pick up, but it never seemed to. Jeremy has pretty much been on his own since he went off to college and has sworn to stay away from Ben as much as possible while Ben is hoping to get their friendship going again. Their connection to each other is strong, but they worry of what others would think could very well be their do
Lisa The Novel Approach
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ben and Jeremy are about to embark on another project in Sydney after having their friendship blow up and ending two years before. Ben is hoping to build a bridge and fix what went wrong, while Jeremy is doing everything in his power to keep Ben out of his heart and life. As the story flows the reader gets both MCs’ perspectives on what happened two years prior, via the alternate POVs, and can sympathize with both characters and how they are feeling and what happened.

Ben is an engaging mix as an
Ro Dubose
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Benjamin McIntyre is torn between pleasing his very traditional father and being happy in his personal life. For Ben, true happiness can only be found in the arms of Jeremy Lanzo.

Love by Design is a charming on and off romance. Ben and Jeremy have a mutual attraction to each other, but both men desperately try to hide their feelings.

Ben is bisexual and the vice president in his father’s international commercial construction company. He has an exuberant personality that works well for gaining new
Theresa
May 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF. Disliked Ben immensely.
Georgia Callaghan
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars, I loved this book! Good writing, great banter bw the MCs, lots of steam
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
second chance, friends to enemies to lovers.
sex and sweetness... my favourite combo!
I loved both characters, the plot is a bit predictable but I still enjoyed it a lot!
Kenzie
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one was all sorts of adorable, sexy, and lovable. I really enjoyed this one, contrary to some reviews on it that I kept seeing. Will definitely continue to check out Sam B. Morgan's books!
Mainely Stories
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second chance, an unparalleled success

Wonderful read. New author to me recommended by a favorite author and a valued gift which I will acknowledge. Storyteller brings the passion and strong characters who find and accept what they want in life and love. What they need. I'm told that it had been some time between books. Looks like Sam got the groove back!
DaisyGirl

I'm in emo heaven! This book is all about angst and some serious feels. Oh, and sexy smexy ... lots of that too!

Bottom line: This book is yet another reason that Sam B. Morgan is one of my fave m/m authors. Highly recommend!
Amanda
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great one by Sam B. Morgan.

Jeremy and Ben were wonderful together. Even after two years apart, the chemistry between them could not be ignored. There were some reservations, yearning on both ends, and some definite sexy times to be had. Throw in a little bit of relationship angst and you have a wonderful story.
Karen Lane
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I feel like this is a slow build story, and it probably is, but they had a moment 2 years before until one of them ran. The first 40%+ is spent going over old stuff and continual angst because they both want it but are too scared, but once they get their moment there is no holding back. *sigh*.
A little more angst towards the end of the story because daddy Mack gets involved, but I like the way it played out.
Natalie
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 but rounded up to 3.

I don't know why but I found myself getting bored reading this book. I can see why it has good reviews, but something was missing for me. Maybe it's my mood today (exhausted parent) o_0
~RMG
Feb 04, 2017
Ayesha Devi Seebarat
Jun 13, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sam B. Morgan writes contemporary gay romance with complex, complicated men. A love of travel means settings from small town South Carolina to Sydney, Australia serve not only as backdrops, but supporting characters in each and every book. Sam enjoys fast cars, slow Sunday mornings, hot coffee, and even hotter heroes.