Start by marking “Cage of Darkness (Reign of Secrets, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cage of Darkness (Reign of Secrets, #2)

Cage of Darkness

(Reign of Secrets #2)

While traveling to Fren, Allyssa and Odar are hijacked by a ruthless assassin who divulges a stunning secret that changes everything.

Trying to come to terms with this newfound revelation, Allyssa is taken to Russek and delivered into the hands of a malicious and twisted royal family. She finds herself an unwilling pawn in a risky political game that will either end with
Published April 4th 2017 by Reign Publishing (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Cage of Darkness, please sign up.
Jennifer Davis Yes! It's entitled Cage of Destiny and it comes out November 7, 2017.
Jennifer Davis Cage of Darkness comes 4-4-17. The third book, Cage of Destiny, comes 11-7-17.

Katerina
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, fantasy
Jennifer Anne Davis did not disappoint.

Cage of Darkness was an addictive adventure envelopped in darkness and horrors that made my heart pound throughout the story! My only complaint is the way the author handled the main romantic relationship, and I'm afraid that Odar's actions were out of character (and out of the blue, to be honest). I'm off to start Cage of Destiny!

- Full review will be posted if I manage to find free time (that's a huge if)! -
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
*SQUEALS* IT HAS A TITLE!

EDIT: That does not seriously say 2017.

EDIT x2: Okay, I'm months late, but the cover. The COVER.

I FINISHED!

Okay, I liked book one better, but book two is still good. Review to come (assuming my college brain doesn't forget crossposting...).

EDIT: I moved to WordPress and now I have a review that posted. At last!

I received this book for free from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Well,
Minx
Amazing, chilling, and heartbreaking! By the end of Cage of Darkness, I was just shaking my fist at the sky! This was my actual response “For the love! For the freaking love! I can’t even! When is the next book out?! So many emotions right now. For the love.” That was over two weeks ago and I am still shaking my head. I want a do-over on that ending, kidding.

At the start of the book Odar and Allyssa are in the hands of an assassin. At first they are unsure as to why he had taken them. It become
Paula
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge of Jennifer Anne Davis. Her stories always captivate me and transport me to another world. I thoroughly enjoyed Cage of Deceit, but I have to say that Cage of Darkness blew me away! The book grabbed me from page one and did not let go. One of my favorites of the year. I cannot wait for the next book!
Megan Olguin
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well... Dang it. Sooooooon of a horse. I read it... Waited so long to have it... And I finished it in less than a day.

*This may contain minor spoilers. I am upset so I cannot be trusted.*

This book was very dark. The title is perfect. I admire Jennifer's ability to "go there" by allowing terrible things to happen to Allyssa. I'm used to feeling confident that the main character will always be rescued before anything truly horrendous happens to them. That is not the case with this book. She has to
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
9/16/18
So I honestly almost forgot about this series until I got an email stating that the fifth book is coming out this December. To which my reaction was, "WHAT BOOK 5!? Where did the time go?" Lol, but anyways I remember really like the parent series and the first book of this one so I think I'm going to try and get back into this series soon.
---
No consistency, it seems there can be no consistency or continuity in series' book covers these days
 photo raw_zpsapjikavt.gif
Kelly
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Warning: Do not read until you have read Cage of Deceit first. You are forewarned

When an assassin finds Odar and Allysa on the road to Fren, he takes them as POW's to Russek. Where all the turmoil and war is originating from. But along the way, Allysa finds clues about this assassin by the way the assassin is greeted and finds there to be some disgruntled people in Russek. Once there, the castle in the cold winter of Russek is dark and she ends up in the dungeon and tortured. Don't worry, nothin
Rebecca
Since the explosive ending for Cage of Deceit, I have been anxiously waiting to find out what would happen to Allyssa and Odar. Rest assured, there is no second book slump in this series. From the beginning moments, Cage of Darkness is action packed and never relents. I couldn't even bother to sleep, staying up late into the night to finish. There are numerous plot twists and alliances are constantly shattered and realigned. Cage of Darkness represents everything I enjoy in a YA fantasy series.

Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
Review to come, but wow what a great second book in the Reign of Secrets series! I highly recommend you read the first book, Cage of Deceit.
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
I cannot wait to have a finished copy in my hands!!! Great sequel!!!!!!!!!!
Ivusha (Tenebien)
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't even know what to say about this. It had all the flaws of the first book, plus it was boooooring. I didn't get much of an explanation for the characters' behavior and when I got something, it was unbelievable and superficial.
The master plan of getting rid of the antagonists was idiotic. The execution was poor and I got to dislike the main characters even more.
The only character that's interesting is Kerdan.
Why am I giving this 2 stars again?
Leah Alvord
This is a book that doesn't deceive. There is evil in this world, and Allyssa is unfortunate enough to meet some of the worst of it. It is also a reality in which she learns what it means to be powerless, but not helpless.

Summary:

Ambushed on the road to Fren, Allyssa and Odar find themselves the responsibility of the lone assassin that had haunted their steps. He is a clever man who sees much more than they could wish, and whose threats drip with promise and an eagerness to follow through. It is
Shelley
*Source* Blog Tour
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*MY Thoughts*

Cage of Darkness is the second installment in Jennifer Anne Davis's Reign of Secrets series. Picking up right where Cage of Deceit left off, Allyssa, Princess of Emperion is in a whole lot of trouble. She, along with Odar, Prince of Fren, have been spirited away from Emperion by an assassin who has already left bodies in his wake. The why becomes quickly apparent as is the identity of the assassin. The assassin plans on tak
Dee/ bookworm
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-2018
I love this series, after I finished it I read it again!! Can't wait to start the next one.
Emily
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for this book for over a year.

Cage of Deceit ended in a cliff hanger. While it was the perfect ending for the book, it also made for a very long, hard wait. Cage of Darkness is the culmination of all that waiting and it was well worth it. This book was perfection. I loved the first book but Cage of Darkness was 10 times better. It was interesting, exciting and surprising. Jennifer Anne Davis took everything I loved about Cage of Deceit and amplified it or subverted it in Cage
Elisabeth Wheatley
It only took me three months to read this, right? No biggie. Not shameful at all. That’s entirely on me as this was an absolutely fantastic book, though I thought there were a few problems.

Mainly, I thought the author underestimated herself in conveying emotions. It was a “show, don’t tell” issue in some scenes where a character’s feelings/intentions were displayed very well, but we still had Allyssa put it to words in her head. If those sections had been cut, I wouldn’t have had any problem rat
Corine
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
I finished this in a day but if it wasn't for adult responsibilities, I could've easily finished this in one sitting. Wow. There just wasn't a dull moment in this book. Allyssa and Odar have been captured by Russek. And the trials that Allyssa must go through will make you hold your breath. Then along comes Kerdan... and things start looking up. The trail of betrayals, deceit and unexpected allies made me keep turning pages like a lunatic. My heart is a bit shattered and I'm disappointed in Odar ...more
Jan farnworth
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I loved this one we are really getting into the dark and dirty part of this series. The tones of darkness in this book go perfectly with the title. The amount of pain and torture that our characters have to face in this installment are spot on. I was cringing and on the edge of my seat as the amount of action is ramped up. Allyssa really comes into her own as a determined princess to save her kingdom and at times in this story at the risk of personal harm to herself. I really liked how it was ha
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Jennifer Anne Davis proves once again that she is the queen of unpredictable story lines, shocking twists, plenty of action, and endings that leave you torn between wondering what just happened, and begging for the next book. This book was not what I was excepting and I LOVED it!

FULL REVIEW http://mundiemoms.blogspot.com/2017/0...
Tim Lumsden
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Really loved this book!!! Great read!!!

Allyssa is such a great character!!! But Kerdan is probably the most intriguing. Such a great exciting story. It flows along so easily, seems i just started, and it's done! Looking forward to more. Happy Reading!!!!!
Tim
Pam (YA Escape)
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked it except (view spoiler)
Taylor Fenner
Review & Rating to come during the Cage of Darkness Review Blog Tour (My post is scheduled for April 11 on my blog)
Dania Mcclanahan
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
still really liking this series, lots of lies, deceit, love, hate and the constant feeling of something just wrong going on and some things unfold more come into play... excited about the next book
Devon Lawler
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was good

It was very good, if you enjoyed Throne of Glass I think you'll like this, although the love interest becomes kind of a disappointment.
Michelle
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Please note: This is a series that must be read in order. If you are new to this fantastic series, check out the first book, Cage of Deceit!*

Cage of Darkness by Jennifer Anne Davis is the second in a young adult series called the Reign of Secrets series. It is a young adult fantasy series that totally rocked my world! The first book, Cage of Deceit was my favorite books of 2015. And it continues to be one of my favo
Katherine
HIDDEN GEM! KICK-ASS ROYAL FEMALE PROTAGONIST DONE RIGHT
S
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A thoroughly entertaining read. You know, just know, that the heroine is going to be ok in the long run but you're not sure how it's going to work out and then BAM, everything changes and things don't work out the way you think they will. This was an unusual book from the beginning until the last page. It had some unusual twists and turns that the reader isn't expecting and doesn't end like we think it will. All in all it's a good, quick read. Can't wait for the last installment to come out.
Angie Taylor
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Great 2nd True Reign Installment

I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this second book, especially after Alyssa arrived in Russek. But once Kerdan came into the picture I loved the mysteries surrounding him and his motives, and I'm excited to see what happens there with alliances and such. As for Odar? Who knows what I want. Kerdan is much more interesting right now, so fingers crossed the next book meets my expectations.
Kathy
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not as tightly woven as the first and one of the three twists wasn't a surprise, but still enjoyable. Unlike other series, reading the first and second book close together didn't diminish the second.
Ria
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Makes the PLLs look honest!

Family secrets. Court secrets. Relationship secrets, oh my! These families make mine seem functional, but never mind that when there are swords, torture and thrones to overthrow.
I suggest snacks, a nail file, a friend on speed dial so you can properly rant about the characters you love to hate and plenty of tissues to mop up your heart... This one is an all nighter!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fire in the Blood (Shards of a Broken Sword #2)
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • Jaded Stone (Souls of the Stones, #0.9)
  • Anomaly of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #3)
  • Windswept : The Hightower Trilogy, #2
  • Beyond the Iron Gate: Zara's Journey (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada #0.5)
  • ReEmergent (The Guardians of Vesturon, #4)
  • The White (The Dragon Pearl, #1)
  • Empyreal Fate
  • The Underground Witch (Incenaga, #2)
  • A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2)
  • The Golden Cage (A Dance of Dragons, #0.5)
  • Defiance (The Priestess Trilogy, #1)
  • Monarch (War of the Princes, #3)
  • Knight Assassin
  • City in Ruins
  • 7 Folds of Winter
  • Broken (ShadowLight Saga, #2)
Jennifer Anne Davis graduated from the University of San Diego with a degree in English and a teaching credential. She is currently a full-time writer. Jennifer is the recipient of the San Diego Book Awards Best Published Young Adult Novel (2013), winner of the Kindle Book Awards (2018), a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards (2014), and a finalist in the USA Best Book Awards (2014).

V

Reign of Secrets (5 books)
  • Cage of Deceit (Reign of Secrets, #1)
  • Cage of Destiny (Reign of Secrets, #3)
  • Oath of Deception (Reign of Secrets, #4)
  • Oath of Destruction (Reign of Secrets, #5)