Start by marking “Seven Suspects” as Want to Read:
Seven Suspects

Seven Suspects

(Bobbi Logan Crime Novel #3)

Bobbi Logan is a successful businesswoman and a celebrated hairdresser. She is a witty, articulate woman who has survived rape, gender transition, a murder investigation, and countless acts of bullying and bigotry to get where she is--and she's made enemies along the way. Now one of them is stalking her. With each passing day, the threats become more brazen, more violent, ...more
Hardcover, 1 page
Published October 3rd 2017 by Oceanview Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Seven Suspects, please sign up.
Ije the Devourer of Books I think it is better to read them in order. I started with book two then went back to book one but if you read from the beginning you can see how…moreI think it is better to read them in order. I started with book two then went back to book one but if you read from the beginning you can see how Bobbi transitions and learn more about her friends and family.(less)

Start your review of Seven Suspects
Hirdesh
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks Netgalley and respective publisher for giving me such a good book.

Excellent thrilling book,

It made me remind the kind of story-telling as Agatha Christie's thrillers.
I would not like to spoil , But as name suggest, 7 suspects were there behind a wonder woman(not exactly a woman).

Some moments were greatly defined and written.

Intriguing storyline and wonderful writing.
Louise Wilson
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This is the third Bobbi Logan novel.

Bobbi Logan is a successful business woman and a celebrated hairdresser. She is a witty, articulate woman who has survived rape, gender transition, a murder investigation and countless acts of bullying and bigotry. She's also made enemies along the way. Now she's being stalked. Each day the threats become more brazen, violent and personal. No one knows who the stalker is or why they rafter her. Bobbi is intimidated but had vowed never to be a victim
Paul Falk
In exchange for an unbiased review, I accepted this ARC from NetGalley. Gratitude offered to Oceanview Publishing for making this edition available.

Renee James gave me an intimate, close-up look into the life of a transsexual woman living in a closed-minded, for the most part, unforgiving world. Opposition to the norm. An eye-opener. This well-written narrative took me by surprise as I'd witnessed her daily struggle to belong. Actually, to cope. After proper introductions, the main characters
Linda Strong
Bobbi Logan is tough, she's funny, she's a successful business woman who owns a thriving up-scale beauty salon. Bobbi is smart, lovable, ... and she's a transgender.

Transgender people are people who have a gender identity or gender expression that differs from their assigned sex. Transgender people are sometimes called transsexual if they desire medical assistance to transition from one sex to another.

Bobbi has survived many obstacles to get where she is .. she's been bullied, assaulted, and
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"Fate. Karma. God's grand design. Call it what you will, some days are just fucked before you get out of bed." Ain't life grand? And Renee, I agree - sometimes life just deals you what it deals you, no matter which side you get up from.

I'll be honest, I struggled through the first few parts of this book. Bobbi comes across as this extremely smart, strong and successful woman but the insecurities rise like the sludge of leftover soup. The constant need to make everything sexual became very off
Dee
This story is told in first person, present tense, and completely from Bobbi's point-of-view. I struggled with the narration when I read this authors last book, however, now that I'm more familiar with Renee's writing style, I had no issue with the dialogue. Quite the opposite. I adore Bobbi, and can't even begin to fathom all the prejudice she encounters, simply from being true to herself, something that takes guts!

In this installment, Bobbi has the uneasy feeling she is being stalked, and
Sofia
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This is my second Bobby book. I thought I'd give the second (third in the series) book a try even though the first (second in the series) was a bit of a hit a miss for me. This time I remained in the same boat still hitting and missing.

My wishes for Bobby:

I wish her comfort with herself and with her body.
The assurance that woman can be strong
And that she believes that it is woman-like to be angry if anger is required
To be a woman does not mean to be soft and outwardly beautiful all the time,
Jessica
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: partner-read
Thanks to Oceanview Publishing for the advanced ebook copy in exchange for my honest review!

SEVEN SUSPECTS by Renee James is book three in the Bobbi Logan series, however it did read well as a standalone. The author brings the reader into a world of paranoia, stalking, and the life of one woman trying to figure out who, of her seven enemies, is harassing her.

Bobbi Logan is a successful hairdresser and business owner. She's gone through her share of hardships to get to where she is now. She's
LenaRibka
It is NOT a stand-alone. Seven Suspects is the book #3 in the Bobbi Logan Crime Novel Series and you SHOULD read BEFORE at least the previous book to understand and to enjoy it.

My first reaction, when I found out that Renee James wrote a new sequel in Bobbi Logan Crime Novel Series was a mixture of excitement and concerns. As much as I enjoyed the series, I was a bit skeptical: The case was solved (you have to know that the both books ARE about the same case, but from different perspectives),
Lisa
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an advance copy of this book from Renee James. The book will be released in the fall. Those of you who know Bobbie Logan will be happy to see her back with another mystery-suspense thriller. For those who haven't made her acquaintance yet, you will enjoy meeting this gutsy but sensitive transwoman.

When Bobbie senses someone stalking her as she escorts her niece to school, she has flashbacks to the trauma of her previous assault and rape. Unable to keep the feeling away, she embarks on
Courtney Stuart
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it

It’s not often that you get to say you learnt something from a work of fiction that will leave an indelible mark on who you are as a person. But this book is capable of making such a change on a reader.

The world of transgendered people is not, I'm willing to bet, something that many people have experience with. Sure, we might have seen a documentary or two on it, but the day to day life, the reality of what a transgendered person goes through in this world of cisgendered people is something to
Pat Camalliere
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Renee James’ writing is near perfect. The right amount of description, nicely said, in the right places, realistic dialogue, fast pace, no irritating errors or inconsistencies. Having read Eugenides’ Middlesex, I had some concept of the difficulties of living a transgender life and the courage it takes. James brings this home in a sympathetic way that does not get maudlin. Although I could not agree with much of what Bobbi did, I understood her and cared a great deal about her. Other reviewers ...more
Ije the Devourer of Books
If you enjoyed the first two books in this series then book three is an absolute must!

I really enjoyed revisiting Bobbi and seeing her life after transition. Bobbi is now a business owner and a property owner, and although she has come close to losing both her life and her business, this book shows her making real progress on both fronts. Despite all the challenges of transition and the battle she had to fight against the person who was intent on murdering her, Bobbi is in Chicago living her
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received Seven Suspects as an ARC from NetGalley.

I had no idea that this was book 3 in a series, had there been something stating that I may not have requested it. Some books you can jump into the middle of a series but this did make me feel more than a little lost! There has obviously been a lot happen to Bobbie in the previous books that I really feel I need to know in order to better understand the dynamics of this one.

That being said it is clear that Bobbie is a strong, fighting female
Yvonne
This story is set in Chicago and involves Bobbi Logan, a successful business woman and owner of Salon L’Elegance. Originally born a man, but went through gender transition to become the woman she is now. The story is told through Bobbi, she has a tough life as a woman, having to deal with bullying, bigotry and people’s ignorance as well as having t deal with the process of being a rape victim. When Bobbi realises she is being stalked, her paranoia and insecurities are evident. But with ...more
Carolyn Injoy
Seven Suspects by Renee James Seven Suspects by Renee James is a brilliantly written story about Bobbi Logan who is smart and a successful businesswoman. She's also survived gender transition and rape, along with bullying and blatant bigotry.

"Time will never sweep away this memory. It will live in me like a virus that alternates between dormancy and soul-searing eruptions. It will be part of me as long as I have a mind." It is filled with suspense and kept me guessing.

I gave it five stars. She's
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my third Renee James book to read about Bobbi and probably the toughest one for me to get through. My issue wasn’t the writing which was great as usual but some of the content because of how vivid and detailed James writes.

Her character work allows you to explore the world around Bobbi, her protagonist who is a transwoman, thanks to some interesting supporting characters. Her characters are definitely the best part of the story as the plot line is pretty brutal. In Bobbi we find a
LucyLui's Reviews

First Published: Oct 2017
Publisher: Ocean view Publishing
Price on Amazon: Hardback 20.79 Kindle: 19.74
ISBN: 1608092550

Seven suspects the third novel in the Bobbie Logan Series.

Bobbie Logan is a successful business woman, a wonderful hairdresser and a tremendously strong person. She has survived rape, gender-transition, bullying and bigots, a murder trial and so much more and now she has another battle to survive.

Along the
Joey
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'll be reviewing this for Windy City Times. I'm not giving away my thoughts completely but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the writing and editing. I've read so many books by queer authors and the only bright spot that can be said is that it's a queer author. I'm happy to find someone who is both queer and a good writer who brings a fresh perspective. I enjoyed the book.
Jan Ashley
Apr 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm giving this 3 stars, because it held my interest, the story follows Bobbie, a very successful transsexual hairdresser with a colourful past and her quest to find the creep who is stalking her. She starts by writing a list of likely candidates....I'm not going into any depth on the story due to not wanting to spoil it for others but suffice to say, I felt a bit let down at the end. I thought there would have been a final twist....
Leslynn
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Copy courtesy of NetGalley

This book is a confusing mish-mash of happenings -- while the story is quite captivating, it's poorly told. The main character is, in turn, big and powerful then small and vulnerable....this is not how women are. Yes, Bobbi is a (view spoiler); we get that from the start, but do...you...have...to....harp....on....about.....that? Lots of unnecessary information, including the broomstick, which just did not provide relevance for the
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book free from the publisher via netgalley.com in exchange for an honest review.

Please see my full reviews available at www.coffeeandtrainspotting.com.

For requesting arcs and books to review, please visit www.netgalley.com.
Kirsty
Jul 17, 2017 added it
Shelves: unfinished
I like that the protagonist is transgender (more of that please!), but the story just didn't hold my interest and the prose was too functional for my taste. I'd try another in the series though.
Retired Teacher
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Our Book Club read this book in pre release form.

June 13, 2017

Murder and Mayhem Reading Group

Camas Public Library

Camas WA 98607

“Seven Suspects”, Renee James

Overall rating:

Would you recommend this book to other bookclubs? 50/50

Did you like this book: 3 yes; 3 +/-; 3 no

Q: who was the most sympathetic character OR your favorite character?

“The Hitler’s” were “unfortunately real”, made some of the people laugh

Cecilia~everyone liked her…for one reason or another ~ she was smart, gritty, funny, wise,
Jule
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbt, crime, arc
My actual rating is 2.5, because I am on the fence about this book. This is the third book in a series about the protagonist, trans*woman Bobbi, but unlike other reviewers, I do not think the main issue of this book was me not having read the previous installments.

(Trigger warning for assault, rape, trans*phobia and slurs.)

What was good: I enjoyed reading a queer book that was not about coming out, because I feel this might still be a rarity. The open conversation about trans-sexuality, the
Ray Moon
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
A Too Edgy Psychological Thriller

Seven Suspects opens with the heroine, Bobbi Logan, a transgender woman, setting the stage with her recent history with a serial killer as an aside. This background is needed as this is the third book in the series. After this introduction, the main storyline starts with Bobbi’s daily life as a hair salon owner/operator, apartment building owner, and transgender woman. Also during this the reader learns more about Bobbi through her interactions with her ex-wife,
Breakaway Reviewers
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Who can you trust when you are the victim of a stalker?

The central character of this novel is forty-something Bonnie Logan, a transgender woman running a high class, and extremely successful hairdressing salon in Chicago. Bonnie transitioned a number of years before the story begins and now has a close, sisterly relationship with her (his) ex-wife Betsy and Betsy's daughter Roberta from a subsequent relationship.

I hope I haven't lost you, as it becomes more complex as Bonnie's transgender friend
3 no 7
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
“Seven Suspects” by Renee James is the third in the “Bobbi Logan” series. Since I had not read the previous books, I had to spend time sorting out all the players and the backstories, however the author provided background explanations within the context of the storyline to help fill in information from the previous books. Ideally, a reader should start with the prior books before reading this one.

I begin with a caution; this book deals with a difficult social issue and contains graphic
Svetlana Tishchenko
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The woman in you. The woman in me.

Honestly, who says women feel this and don't feel that. Women can do this and absolutely cannot do that. The main characters thinks she knows what women supposed to feel, think, do. She wants to imitate them. STOP. Do not imitate anyone. Be yourself.

This way your suspence would have been so much better. Constantly self-doubting, paranoyed, self-depreciating characters is not a joy to read. I found it pitying.

The story dragged for a very, very long time. I did
Madalina Negrea
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many thanks to Netgalley for this book. I didn't know such a series existed, I should have started with the first volume, but I don't think I lost much. There are enough references about other dramatic episodes in Bobbi's life to fill in the gaps. And you can't help liking the novel and the character.
Bobbi is unique, she's a survivor, reckless and outspoken. Are these female or male features? Is fighting back and seeking revenge testosterone driven or estrogen driven behaviour? Bobbi blames her

• A Step So Grave (Dandy Gilver #13)
  • A Death in Bali: A Jenna Murphy Mystery
  • As Husbands Go
  • The Other Girl
  • Lies She Told
  • A Stranger in the Family: A True Story of Murder, Madness, and Unconditional Love
  • The Spider and the Fly: A Reporter, a Serial Killer, and the Meaning of Murder
  • Vindication
  • Poison
  • A Beautiful Composition of Broken

Bobbi Logan Crime Novel (4 books)
  • Coming Out Can Be Murder
  • Transition to Murder (A Bobbi Logan Crime Novel)
  • A Kind of Justice
“SUNDAY MORNING SEEPS into my bedroom window like whispers in a dark place, gray and still and ominous for reasons I can’t identify. I should be feeling great. My business is thriving, I have great friends, I have family, my bills are paid, and it’s my day off. Life is good. Yet the sense of dread is all around me, and I can’t think why.” 0 likes