Start by marking “The Enemy's Daughter” as Want to Read:
The Enemy's Daughter

The Enemy's Daughter

Alaric Patterson is a powerful man, but he has just lost the most important deal of his life to his long term rival. Alaric is tired of fighting, so he comes up with a plan. His enemy has a daughter, a very plain woman. Alaric is going to find her, make her fall in love with him, and then he’s going to break her.

Bella Reed works at a veterinary practice, and when an
Published January 16th 2017 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Enemy's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enemy's Daughter

Start your review of The Enemy's Daughter
Sabrina
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was a fast, hot read.
Didn’t like it so much because the reason for him to go after her is just bullshit.
And I don’t get why he ever thought that that was a good idea.
Fre06 Begum
Talltree
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
The H's POV was horrible - immature, small-minded, vindictive. I'd expect a 48 yr old succesful man to be wise, resourceful, broad-minded but not the case here. The h, her dad and friends were adorable though, and admirable. The sex scenes were also hot and I liked that the H was good to the h in bed and in his own small ways.

3.5 stars! Recommended for readers who like older H's, assh*le H's and grovelling H's.
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Def one of Sam's better books. No OW drama - no scenes, no memories, no mention of OW besides the fact that he didn't have a problem attracting them - and the heroine wasn't a virgin.
♡Tonya♡

If you enjoy a storyline with a jerk who redeems himself, then this is for you. I personally like it, as long as they're is good grovel.

Alaric was a real jerk. He set his sights on Bella in order to seek revenge on her father. He was very dismissive of her when looking at pictures stating he could imagine she was someone else when he had sex with her. ...real peach, huh? Upon seeing her though, he instantly felt something. Never having feelings like that before, he kept pushing them
Julia
What a shitty book. The hero was probably the stupidest person I've ever read about and the heroine was not great either. And of course he's a manwhore who had women on rotation and she's this shy misunderstood curvy girl who was celibate for 3 years. I think I'm gonna quit Sam crescent for awhile.
Michelle
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
When Alaric feels that his business rival needs to be taught a lesson, he develops a plan to get his revenge. Putting himself in the path of his daughter, Alaric turns on the charm with the hopes to get Bella to fall head over heels before he breaks her heart.

The Enemy's daughter is a love story that pairs a much older Hero with a heroine that is young enough to be his daughter. Alaric at first comes across as this hard-ass older businessman. A bit ruthless, but as he attempts to woo Bella, the
Chitra *CJ*
"The Enemy's Daughter" is the story of Bella and Alaric.

In this tale of revenge, our older H decides to get revenge from his enemy, by seducing his much younger daughter and discarding her. He goes out of his way to plan the retribution, from adopting a puppy to finding out all her interests, slowly wooing her with his charm. The h is a sweet, curvy and confident woman, who falls for the sexy H's charms. They bang enacting the whole Kamasutra, the truth is revealed, and after minimal groveling
Jenny
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hero was 48 Heroine was 25! I loved that and I loved that hero was a very successful ruthless businessman with a revenge plan but Bella changed him and made him a better man. Instead of revenge he now wanted love!
C
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: totally-safe
3/5
Hot fast safe read
NOT an insta Love. He is at first set out for revenge, slowly falls in love with her. Then relies he's an asshole and is fucked because at this point he's crazy in love and still has not told her the truth.
( he only lies about his name and job)
HEA and epilogue
No OW/OW Drama
Both not virgins
Big age gap
H was a playboy, no detailed scenes of past women
Simona
It was pretty meh...Hero wasn't alpha enough.
Emily
Alaric Patterson is furious that his competitor stole away the contract he was pursuing. Deciding he needs to retaliate, he decides revenge in an unconditional way is the best way to make the man hurt. Alaric pursues Bella Reed, his enemy's daughter.

Bella is a full figured beautiful woman, she just doesn't see herself like that. When Alaric expresses interest in her, Bella is expecting the other shoe to drop. Every man she has been involved with has been after her fathers money or some other
lily waheed
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cried and smiled , this book is amazing.
Dee
Jan 22, 2017 rated it liked it
A fair 3 I think.
Rather better than the last Sam Crescent I read, To Claim His Girl but by no means perfect - marginally better editing shown, somewhat better scene continuity and exposition, colossally better plotline and characterisation (though for a 48 year old man Alaric read about a decade younger). It was a pleasant Mills & Boon type revenge plot so of course I enjoyed that, Sam can write good sex scenes as we are aware, and I would classify this as being fairly much back to the Sam
Jennifer McGurk Finn
This was another book that I started and then stopped and moved onto something else. I'm just sick of the whole pretending to be someone you're not, the other person finds out almost at the end of the book and then BAM everything gets fixed in the last 5% of the book. Alaric Patterson is a 48 year old businessman, who is very wealthy and he believes Jackson Reed is his nemesis. When Jackson gets a deal that Alaric wanted and was working on for himself Alaric decides it's time to get revenge. ...more
Lauren
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
I really enjoyed this book! I devoured it in one sitting. I just have to say: I thought Alaric was an a**hole for most of the book. I know this sounds mean but when his plan backfired on him I couldn’t help but feel smug. I liked Alaric and Bella as a couple. I liked Bella, she truly deserved love. She was a good person. Although I hated Alaric in parts, I couldn’t help but like him. I could honestly start to see his guilt and his love for Bella.
I couldn’t help but chuckle when Alaric
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
This book was an okay read. I usually pick up Sam Crescent's book when I have nothing to read or when I need something short to read before I go to bed. This book is a tad ridiculous but I loved that the heroine's plain and how the Hero come to see her as attractive... gradually. If that makes sense?
Debbie
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!

Yet another great book by Sam Crescent!! I just absolutely loved it and I can't wait to read what she will come out with next!! A definite must read!!! Happy Reading!!!! :)
Darlene I read to many boooks
Alaric has one thing to do to his "rival" Jackson revenge!!! Jackson has made him look like a fool taking away his contract. Now he has a plan he is going to make his daughter Bella fall in love with him and break her heart.

The plan is set he bought a puppy to go along with this plan it was a piece of cake. Until he met Bella in person she was a sweetheart, it started off awkward between the two teasing and playfulness..

Bella has been burned in the past by her ex's but Blue aka Alaric is
Lily#Hopeless Romantic
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: older-hero
“I’m going to fuck her. I’m going to make her fall in love with me, and then I’m going to break her heart.”

hero: forty-eight years old
heroin: twenty-five

Plain Bella is suspicious when Blue is interested in her. She begins to fall for him while he only aims for revenge because of her father. He starts to see beyond her "plain" appearance, and falls hard and fast for her. And just like he had planned, he breaks her heart when she learns about his lies and intentions all along. Now he has to beg
VivaVixen Virtuda
May 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book could have been so much better but the author ruined it by making the heroine spread her legs for another man. What’s the point of portraying a plain, shy heroine who has let other dudes into her body? The whole point of the scheme was to get a shy, awkward plain woman to fall for him. It would have been so much more emotionally connective and powerful if she had been a virgin.

I swear, this is why Sam Crescent drives me Meshugenneh. She has great plots but destroys them by screwing up
Alexa
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why to go "Revenge" bits

Sam did it again. Alaric aka Blue to Bella wanted to hurt his competition and the best way thru his daughter Bella. But revenge has a way to BIT back. Great story the usual hot and steamy SEX. Don't miss out.
Terry
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
adorable !

Bella and Alaric make a great couple . A sweet love story about mistakes and forgiveness . this is a great book.
Doussa
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't care if it was Alaric or Blue the matter is he is handsome
Tanya
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the fact that this started off as revenge but ended in love.
Dawn
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The lie

Another great story I hate liars but it all worked out in the end two lonely people looking for happiness.
Tanya
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I loved this story
Alaric and Bella are a match
He’s the devil in disguise
And she’s the perfect one to bring him to his knees
Kristy Kountz
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading it a little short but wonderful story
Victoria
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I am glad she decided to wait until he fought for her.
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, alpha-male
ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Alaric Patterson is powerful business man, but he just lost an important deal and to get back at the person that took that from him he decided to date his daughter, make her fall in-love with him and then he's going to break her.

Bella Reed is an ordinary plain girl who lives a normal life despite her fathers wealth working at a veterinary office. She is sweet, caring and a bit of a loner.

So when Alaric meets her, he can't understand all these feelings

• Big (A Real Man #20)
  • The Mobster's Masseuse
  • Sugar Plum
  • Savage (The End #1)
  • Chasing Bunny
  • Venom's Revenge (Ruthless Rejects MC #1)
  • Sugar is Sweet
  • Secret Baby
  • Just Friends (A Real Man #19)
  • Restored
  • Cherry Poppins
  • Not Yet
  • The Billionaire's Secret Babies
  • Stalk Her
  • Dominic's Touch
  • His Innocent Mate (Unforgiven Country #1)
  • Mine (A Real Man #13)
  • The Baby Deal
Sam Crescent is passionate about fiction. She loves a good erotic romance and so it only made sense for her to spread her wings and start writing. She began writing in 2009 and finally got that first acceptance in 2011 by Total-E-Bound.
She loved creating new characters and delving into the worlds that she creates. When she’s not panicking about a story or arguing with a character, she can be