Start by marking “What the Heart Seeks (Soulmate, #5)” as Want to Read:
What the Heart Seeks (Soulmate, #5)

What the Heart Seeks

(Soulmate #5)

A love scorned. A heart enraged. A soul shattered.

Dylan McBride never knew pain until he lost Heaven. As if her betrayal didn't break his heart, his involvement in her death sends him spiraling into a web of darkness. The new power he wields makes him a deadly threat to his father, but it's unpredictable. Killing his dad will be simple. Killing Layne won't be.

Layne Perry's
Published September 7th 2017 by CreateSpace (first published August 28th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about What the Heart Seeks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Heart Seeks

Naughty Mom Story Time
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As with the previous books in the Soulmate Series, I was pulled in from the start. Each installment picks up from the last and brings to light more secrets.

The sage surrounding Heaven, Dylan and Layne is far from over. So much has happened in the year they’ve known each other. Their lives were not what they thought and they keep learning new truths about their pasts, heritage and destinies. It’s a bit heartbreaking for me to see them go through so much and with What the Heart Seeks I see how al
Coco.V
Mar 25, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/25/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
A love scorned. A heart enraged. A soul shattered.

Layne Perry's soul is shattered, along with his heart. After discovering the truth about the Af
Spunky N Sassy
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

I shouldn't be surprised and awed by the sheer talent Kelli McCracken possesses but every new book I read by her just shocks me. She knows how to weave an incredible story around you and leave you craving more and more. Her characters are strong and independent with a fire inside them. This book blew me away and I was left with my mouth hanging open in shock and awe. The explosive story is one that has been building since What the
CJ at Book Happiness
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I find myself in awe of Kelli’s writing skills. It is apparent that she has put much thought, attention to detail, and care into the creation of these incredible characters and the storyline. She has an astonishing imagination.

For someone who NEVER delves into the paranormal genre, I cannot wait to read more and look forward to seeing where this inventive and riveting story leads Dylan, Heaven and Layne.
madpharmd
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This latest installment of the series is, once again, action packed . As the characters continue to evolve and new ones are introduced, we are further ensconced in this world within our world. And, as the characters evolve, so do my feeling for them. Where I have always liked Dylan, but started to feel for Layne, now I am wholeheartedly in Dylan's corner! Yes, he may make mistakes (some really bad!) but how can he not when everyone he had called family and friend turns on him and does not seem t ...more
Georgina
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had my jaw dropping on more than one occasion! Did not even see half of what happened happening, I found myself at times wanting to be inside this book and giving a good piece of my mind ha! That is how invested I became with these characters. Please can someone get me my own Layne?!

I am a massive fan of the soulmate series since book 1 and each book has absolutely exceeded expectations! The twists and turns has you going crazy at times but still had me turning those pages at a ridicu
Zarmie
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant! I was not able to put this book down, I just kept on reading. Again Kelli did an amazing job with this fifth book. There was a lot of twist and turns when you least expect it. The story was captivating and I just got to read what happens next. It surprised me how the story went 'cause it wasn't what I thought it will be(in a good way), but I really enjoyed and loved how Kelli wrote this book. From the first book to this one it was just amazing and did I already mentioned brilliant?Yes ...more
Glenda
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved #4 so much, I went out and borrowed this one and loved it even more!
Surprise after surprise greet our beloved characters in this installment of the series. Some questions will be answered and more will arise. You'll meet some new characters and have a change of heart about some old ones, some will rise and some will fall. I was on the edge of my seat and didn't want to put it down. I wait with baited breath on #6.
Lena
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm upgrading this bc of the switch in antiheroes. Its good to keep the readers on their toes and was my favorite aspect of the series. I also like Layne(underdog) and didint like how Dylan behaved even in early books(too jealous and selfish if it didint fit with his perceptions).
But it still made me skim, couldn't keep my interest bc it was too sweet overall-the grittiness didint seem realistic(Kelly was trying too hard)
Samantha Lundergn
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is one of my favorite series! This book did not disappoint as it kept me hooked from the start!! It was so beautifully written that I went through the gauntlet of emotions right along with the characters. This one is now my new favorite in the series. If you have never read this series, I suggest you pick up the first book in this series, as you will not be disappointed! I can't wait for the next one to come out!!
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just want to say this series is absolutely amazing. I love how while reading I feel myself falling into the story and getting lost. The secrets and twists and turns keep this story so interesting and kept me glued to my seat reading. Amazing story!!!!!

**received an advanced copy for an honest review**
Lisa Baffi
Three stars!!

I liked the paranormal twists, and characters in this story, just like the rest of the series. However, just like the others it is annoying to not have an ending. Lastly, even though I like the series, I also think this would be better characterized as a young adult series. Which is some what disappointing.
Bethanywhitling
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Can't wait for the next book in this series, I hope it is very soon I need to know what happens next with Dylan, also I need to know if the fallen are brought back to the light..and a little a about the next generation would be awesome...Thank You
Leigh
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just wow! So many secrets revealed. You will love it. It's so unpredictable with all the twists. Heaven, Dylan & Layne! This is my favorite series! I highly recommend it.

Thank you, Kelli! You are a gifted writer. I've enjoyed all your books. I CANNOT WAIT FOR BOOK 6!!!
RNDK
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm still hanging on there and yes, I'm gonna read the final book cause I want to see how this mess is cleared up.
Beyond this series, I don't think this kinda story is my cup of tea.
Jackie
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I'm a Dylan fan and it won't change. I'm enjoying everything he loves. Love his character with every twist and turn. I just feel for him because of what he has to go through. But I love what he's doing to other characters.
Lots more answers in this one. I highly recommend it. Give this series a chance you just might fall in love with it.
Rendi
Mar 18, 2018
Heather Jackson
Feb 26, 2018
The London Institute Book Club
rated it did not like it
Sep 05, 2017
Apr 05, 2018
Brandy
Oct 22, 2017
Karen Boozer
All I can say is another awesome "chapter" in this wonderful series. I just couldn't believe some of the things we learned in this book that just blew the previous thoughts and understandings out of the water. Such powerful writing that includes suspense, fantasy, sensuality, sexuality along with people being real. If you have read the others, hold on to your socks because this is going to blow your mind. If you haven't read an of the books in this series...don't start with this one, start at th ...more
Nov 20, 2017
Robin King
Sep 09, 2017
Misty
Sep 13, 2017
Kelli McCracken is an author of rock star-themed contemporary and paranormal romance. She loves penning a good, sexy story that stirs emotions and tantalizes the senses. Most days you'll find Kelli knee-deep in chocolate bars, coffee, and kooky characters.

When she’s not writing, chatting with readers, or plotting her next story, Kelli loves to read, listen to music, and most of all, spend time wit

Soulmate (5 books)
  • What the Heart Wants (Soulmate, #1)
  • What the Heart Needs (Soulmate, #2)
  • What the Heart Takes (Soulmate, #3)
  • What the Heart Desires (Soulmate #4)