Start by marking “Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1)” as Want to Read:
Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1)

Single Malt

(Agents Irish and Whiskey #1)

The heart’s a resilient beast

Eight months after the car crash that changed everything, FBI agent Aidan Talley is back at work. New department, new case and a new partner. Smart, athletic and handsome, Jameson Walker is twelve years his junior. Even if Aidan was ready to move on—and he's not—Jamie is off-limits.

Jamie's lusted after Aidan for three years, and the chance to
Published February 27th 2017 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Single Malt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single Malt

~Mindy Lynn~
Partner's to lovers is a trope I love and I definitely loved it in this book!

Aidan (Irish) Talley is heading back to work after eight months of healing and grieving from a horrible car accident that he had not only been seriously injured in, but one that also took the life of his work partner Tom and his husband Gabe. SAC Cruz (his boss and Gabe's sister) has cleared him fit to head back to work, but she has also put him in a new department working Cyber and assigned him a new partner, James (Wh
Gigi
I hate to say it guys, but we've got a cliffhanger on our hands. Not a traditional cliffhanger when someone is in peril and we have to wait to see if they live or die, but a spoiler alert cliffhanger (I won't mention because it's a delicious twist) and a relationship cliffhanger (but, duh, we all know they will end up together.)

Aidan/Irish

Warm breath tickled his neck. “No promises, Whiskey. We have fun, we enjoy each other, we keep it casual and quiet,” Aidan whispered, voice low and seductive.
Jaime
Single Malt is a thrilling, fast paced mystery that will keep you engrossed and flipping the pages as fast as you can! I loved the MC's, Agents Whiskey and Irish, and their personalities, how they interacted with each other, and that they were both already firmly aware and accepted their sexuality.

REVIEW:
Single Malt is book one in the new series, Agents Irish and Whiskey by author Layla Reyne.  This is a book that you are going to want to run out and get, it is the type of story that keeps you
Simone
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Re-"read" July 2018 via audiobook
Next desensitization therapy subject: Tristan James
Status: in progress
Preliminary result: nice voice, a bit monotone at times, no distinctive voices for the characters = Ugh!
Story: as amazing as the first time around
----------------------------------------

***4.5 Stars***
Beautiful photos of gay couples:

He rotated and folded his arms on the tub's edge. "What would you do," he said, voice rough and rumbling, "if you'd already lost the love of your life, only to find a second chance at something -
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***ALL THE STARS IN THE SKY FOR THIS SERIES***

THIS SERIES IS MY FAVORITE OF 2017!! And this first book is a debut people...A DEBUT!!

This series has owned me this week and it has skyrocketed to the top of my 2017 favorites. Not only that....but it's now one of my favorite series with one of my favorite couples EVER!!

AMAZING!! PHENOMENAL!! I can't recommend this series enough.

Layla Reyne has easily planted herself on my auto-buy author list. Her writing is sharp and addicting and sucks you in e
Lena♥Ribka
DNF at 63%

I really tried. But I couldn't cope with this writing style. I found it artificial, scattered and difficult to enjoy.

I noticed that I couldn't concentrate on the story-line and had to go back again and again to re-read what I had read on the previous page. It is normally not my art to read a book, and I blamed the story itself first, but it was most certainly the writing.

Besides, I have to confess that the case the both FBI Agents were working at and the way they approached it, was n
Jewel
This was a pretty good start to this series. Action packed and two MCs I really liked. The ending was a bit cliffie, so I am glad book two is out. Also, that ending was not what I expected. Not at all.
Mo
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Strong Stars.

Aidan Talley - "Irish"

Jameson Walker - "Whiskey"

I really enjoyed this one. The technical lingo "cyber-crime" stuff made my eyes glaze over a bit but I guess the author did her job and her research.

"Autumn." Walker answered, voice dropping an octave.
"Like a pile of fall leaves back home, right after it rains. Dark brown swirled with brick and flecks of gold."

"Autumn"? Would an American use that expression? You guys call it "Fall" - I am not nit-picking but maybe Jameson has so
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Really great start to this series.

The perfect mix of romance and suspense.

Nice tension and chemistry between the MCs.

An intriguing mystery.

I've started book 2 and Aiden is starting to piss me off with his self-denial and guilt.
Sara
5 hearts or... ALL THE HEARTS EVER!!!!

I really wanted to be eloquent with this review. I wanted to do the writing justice with a symbiotic review that really explained how much I adored this book. I wanted to do a lot of things, say a lot of things but the only thing that comes to mind now that I’ve got fingers to the keyboard is… FUCK. You know, that four letter word can be used in so many ways and I used it over and again while reading this. The romance? Fuck. The mystery? Fuck! The emotions?
Wendy
I really enjoyed this first book in this new series. I am a sucker for all kinds of suspence/mystery and action books and I do love me some hot FBI agents. This books totally delivered on those points, but it also gave me something extra... A hot (former) jock turned FBI geek, all in one !! I have found myself a new favorite character...mr. Jameson Walker.

Jaydenkiss's uploaded images - Imgur:

Now before I continue with this review...let's talk about that name some more !! Jameson Walker..nicknamed "Whiskey" ....how freaking awesome
~Kristin~
5 Stars
Oh...my..goodness....this book was fan-freaking-tastic!!!
I am completely smitten with this book and can not wait for this series to continue....

This book was the kind of law enforcement thriller that I love, add two MC's that I can find no flaws with and that each bring a different kind of perfect flawed humanity to the story...that right there is my perfect storm, my sweet spot if you will.

I will admit that this is a thriller and the romance is not what drive this story, but for me the b
~Volha~
Wow. Just wow! I so loved this book, if I loved it any harder my Kindle would break - I kept squeezing it so hard from adrenaline and sheer fangirling going on! And they way the they called each other "Whiskey" and "Irish" - so s*e*x*y! *melting in a puddle hot*

It's the first time I read about agents investigating cyber crimes and I thought to myself: "Oh well, I will survive through this". But it was so engrossing, so new and fresh I could not stop reading - even though I was right there with I
Ele
DNF @45%

I tried. God knows I did. This is me being in the minority, since everyone appears to love this.

The mystery/suspense overshadowed the romance. Sometimes that's ok, I 've occasionally enjoyed such stories like Bitter Legacy or A Solitary Man. But here I couldn't get into the storyline at all, and kept spacing out with all the details about the main case. Maybe it's the fact that English is not my mother tongue, because sometimes I was completeley unable to understand what the hell they we
Aerin
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, m-m
I devoured this book and I couldn't get enough. I like crime shows on TV so this book was right up my alley. I loved everything about it, the plot, the characters, the suspense, the romance... Jesus fuck the romance was exquisite!

I'm an absolute sucker for emotionally damaged characters and for brainiacs who are sexy as hell, and this book gave me the best of both worlds. Jameson "Whiskey" Walker is a hotter than hell brainiac smarty pants hacker extraordinaire. Ex basketball star who gave up h
CrabbyPatty
Whiskey (given name: Jameson Walker) helped the Tar Heels win two national basketball championships and is now with the FBI in the Cyber Crimes division. Irish (given name: Adian Talley) is an Irish ex-pat and just returning to the FBI after the car crash that changed his life. His FBI partner Tom, and Aidan's husband Gabe died in the crash and Aidan is determined to find out what happened that day, and who is to blame.

But first Irish and Whiskey must solve a case involving cyber attacks on a bi
Dia
3,5 rounded up to 4 stars

I completely forgot about writing this review. Hmm, this is the very reason I promised myself not to use "review soon" anymore. Anyway, I should write a few words about this one, as it was a nice surprise.
I ended up loving it more than I expected. It's quite an action packed book, but I wanted SO much more between these two hot men. I get it, there are 3 books in this series, BUT I don't work good with slow burning between the main characters.

Aidan (Irish) was still g
Cadiva
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and compelling characters

Well that was a damn good read, excellent quality in execution, plotting and character development.

I loved every bit of this first glimpse into the world of agents Irish and Whiskey from the suspense itself, to the great secondary and background characters, to the main men themselves.

This whole narrative just worked for me, I had no clue where the twists were going to come from or who the bad guys accomplices were going to be and the tension was expertly deli
∙ Teal ∙
Simply. Dreadful. DNF @ 37%. I really, really wanted to make it further into this book, if only to give my review more credibility. But I just can't do it. I just don't hate myself that much.

I don't know what lifeforms the author modeled her characters on, but it wasn't human beings. None of these characters are recognizably human, in word or in deed. Just as a couple of examples:

- Gay-but-closeted FBI agent Walker goes into poetic raptures over the color of fellow agent Aidan's eyes at their fi
Christelle
Damned these stories split in 3. So, advice : wait until the release of the complete book !!

Aidan, one sibling from a wealthy and close-knitted Irish family, is grieving both Gabe, his husband and Tom, his FBI partner, killed during a car crash while Aidan was driving. After 8 months of leave, Aidan is going back to work in a new division for him, cyber crimes, and with a new partner, Jamie.
Jamie, an ex-professional player, more at ease behind his computer than on the field, is thrilled to be p
Chris
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, military-crime
I really enjoyed this - the pace, the storyline and the chemistry between Irish & Whisky. Although this book was light on heat, it was heavy on "wanting" and I had a feeling this was one big build that would continue into future books. Looking forward to the next adventure which hopefully brings these two into more smokin hot moments
Jaya
Hmmm

3.65-interesting-enough-to-check-out-the-next-one-in-the-series-starred-read
Natalie
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, amazon
7/29/17 rereading because book 3 is out and I waited to read 2, and I'm going to read all 3 in a row.

3/16/17 Amazing series start

New to me author and it appears to be a debut novel, although I'm sure Layla Reyne has published before, just probably not in MM. (Edit: I'm assuming she's written or published before, because it was done well.) That was an excellent story overall. I had some minor niggles; occasionally it was difficult to follow who was speaking a bit of dialogue and sometimes an exce
Elsbeth
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

Loved Irish (Aiden) & Whiskey (Jamie).

description

“I need...”

“What do you need?” Walker angled his face in, more than a mere brush, noses nudging each other, mouths inches apart.

“I need to feel alive again.”

“Then kiss me, Talley,” he whispered..

This book is low on steam but high on cyber talk. It took me some time to get used to. But I'm looking forward in reading about Aiden & Jamie's relationship. Aiden is having a hard time letting his husband go.

“No promises, Whiskey. We have fun, we enjoy e
Ariadna
Feb 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating is 0.3 out 5 (yes, really)

This is one of those books that had gotten a quite impressive amount of hype--including lots of high ratings on GR. I kept an eye on it and, once it went on sale for $0.99, I snagged a copy. But then, I kinda forgot I had it until some time later when River suggested it for a BR.

The one thing that was good

You could tell that the author did a lot of research in regards to the tech, the hacking, and the computer lingo.

Unfortch, the rest of the book was a
fleurette
A great new series.

Aidan, one of the best FBI agents, returns to work after an accident in which his husband and partner died to learn that this accident was in fact a planned murder. His new partner is Jamie, a computer expert and former basketball player. Their first task is to solve the security breach problem of one of the Texas university laboratories.

Some people claim that Aidan 'Irish' and Jamie 'Whiskey' remind them of Ty and Zane and this is so true, in the best way of course. There is
Kaje Harper
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, mystery
This book pulled me along in spite of myself. It hews to a well-worn and very popular M/M formula, in the tale of two brilliant, handsome, talented FBI agents paired together, with sparks flying despite one agent's widowerhood of 8 months. I did like the emphasis on the FBI case, and an actual workable plot to the mystery. It has some of my pet peeves (like disappearing major injuries, agents as lovers letting it affect their work, pet names, and irresistible MC looks) but was entertaining enoug ...more
Caipi
Mystery and romance, a great start to this series!

Eight months after FBI agent Aidan Talley (Irish) lost his husband Gabe and his partner Tom in a car accident, he gets back to work. Together with a new department and a new case comes a new partner, twelve years younger Jameson Walker (Whiskey). There's chemistry between them right from the start, but with all that is going down, Aidan still grieving and the tricky case, things need time to develop.

I so loved the dynamic between Irish and Whiske
JR
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mm mystery lovers
FBI agents Irish(Aidan Talley) and Whiskey(Jameson Walker) are brought to Galveston to investigate a cyber crime that may lead to a bio weapon being unleashed. However, Irish is not sure of his rookie partner, or the attraction he is experiencing for a man 12 years his junior.

This was a thrilling, fast paced mystery. It was a tightly written, page turning ride. The characters of Irish and Whiskey are complex and complicated, as is their partner/relationship. A marvelous supporting cast, round
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
The mystery/crime and Aiden's guilt and shame over being with Whiskey almost drowned out the enjoyment for me. But....I liked Aiden and I adored Whiskey. And Mal is just a BAMF.

I enjoyed it enough to continue but I hope the angst gets better rather than worse.
Turning Pages At ...: Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey #1) by Layla Reyne 49 26 Apr 28, 2017 07:39AM
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • P.S. I Spook You
  • Bitter Legacy
  • The Mystery of the Curiosities (Snow & Winter, #2)
  • Murder and Mayhem (Murder and Mayhem, #1)
  • Fair Chance (All's Fair, #3)
  • Where Death Meets the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • The Merchant of Death (Playing the Fool, #2)
  • Long Shadows (Common Law, #1)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Fish Out of Water (Fish Out of Water, #1)
  • Hush
  • Collusion (Diversion #2)
Author Layla Reyne was raised in North Carolina and now calls San Francisco home. She enjoys weaving her bi-coastal experiences into her stories, along with adrenaline fueled suspense and heart pounding romance. When she’s not writing stories to excite her readers, she downloads too many books, watches too much television, and cooks too much food with her scientist husband, much to the delight of ...more

Agents Irish and Whiskey (4 books)
  • Cask Strength (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #2)
  • Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #3)
  • Tequila Sunrise (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #4)
“It was desperate, it was messy, and it was the best kiss of Jamie’s life. He” 1 likes
“It was the fifty-something woman behind the desk who had her office lights dimmed, a bottle of bourbon on her desk, and her eyes locked on Aidan’s hand on his back. Some emergency. A senior FBI agent caught in a cougar trap. Jamie” 1 likes