Start by marking “Defiance (Smirnov Bratva, #3)” as Want to Read:
Defiance (Smirnov Bratva, #3)

Defiance (Smirnov Bratva #3)

She was promised to me.
I was promised to her.
She was the daughter of a drug lord, I was the cousin of one.
Together we could have been beautiful.
Oh, so beautiful.
But beautiful doesn’t factor into my life.
Death.
Destruction.
Pain.
That was my life.
She’d had her taste of it.
But was she really ready for it?
Because I lived in hell, and my wife would soon be Satan’s bitc
Kindle Edition
Published April 2017

To ask other readers questions about Defiance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defiance

Fre06 Begum
Becca
Mar 02, 2017 Becca rated it it was amazing
description

The little devil in me is dancing with pleasure. The queen of dark and evil is back to the field and she raises hell with this book! I couldn’t wait to put my filthy, grabby hands on this one, because Viktor and Freya have been fucking with my mind since the first book.

description

To tell the truth, I’ve fallen in love with TL Smith’s writing when I’ve finished Distrust. With Disbelief, I was almost sure this woman does dark like no one else. But with Defiance? My dear children, TL Smith will torture your m
Jan
Mar 11, 2017 Jan rated it really liked it
Defiant,courageous,feisty, Freya was all that.

I was so looking forward to Freya's story the little spitfire who could certainly put these scary men in their place.

From the moment Freya entered this series it was to be married off to kaizer but Keizer was bewitched by Elina and that wedding was never going to happen so with family tradition Freya had to be married off to someone and that someone was Viktor.

I like all these characters, Viktor was not a man of many words and he definitely didn't
Heather Pollock
Mar 04, 2017 Heather Pollock rated it it was amazing
@LsmithT #Defiance #MafiaRomance #SmirnovBratvaSeries #TLSmith

QueenZany 5 Star Review
Defiance
TL Smith

Defiance is a full fledged dark horse, of mixed desires, and mouth watering temptations! Which will kick you in your frickin
gut and just keeps steamrolling along! Just like a fast moving train. That will plow into your bring, stealing your soul and ripping you to shreds! Just a fucktastic thrill ride of cosmic proportions!

Phyl
Mar 11, 2017 Phyl rated it really liked it
Oh Freya, what can I say about this girl. She's so unpredictably crazy. I love the relationship between Viktor and her, it's so funny the shit they do to each other. Anton had me pissing myself with his antics I'm glad he's getting a story he deserves one.
I love the brotherhood of these men they maybe dicks to each other but they've will always have each other backs. I enjoyed this book, it was a great like the rest of this series.
Maddison Spiteri
Feb 14, 2017 Maddison Spiteri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-reads
TL's writing is something I've loved from the moment I read one of her books for the first time. She knows how to pull you in and keep you there until you realize you've finished the book and wish there was still more!
Defiance was so different where it wasn't so much on the romantic, lovey dovey side and it was perfect. Viktor and Freya both have such strong personalities who aren't afraid to show how they really feel and understand each other in a way they don't even realize. They come from po
Nic *The Wandering Bookaholic* Spears
I cannot think of a better title for this book. Its the perfect title. 'Defiance' is exactly what we get. From a woman pushed too far to someone who you'd least expect it from, and the repercussions that come with it.

I absolutely loved being back in the world of the Smirnov Bratva with the dark and delicious men that we have come to know and love.

All cold, ruthless and powerful men with women who are just as strong and powerful in their own way.

First Kazier and Elina, then Death ~sigh~ and Poll
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Think of the definition of this books title and it describes the character, Freya to a T as well as Viktor who never goes against his Boss and family. As the story of the Russian Mafia continues we see turns that we thought couldn't get any worse and oh they are good ones. TL always does an amazing job of getting you hooked from page one to the very end and then wanting more when we are done.
Freya poor girl is like a bouncing bean bag in the arranged marriage category. You will have to figure o
Brenda Travers
Mar 07, 2017 Brenda Travers rated it it was amazing
I want to start by saying I am addicted to TL Smith's writing. The #SmirnovBratva series is one of my all time favourites and was always going to be a action packed ride.

Right from Book 1 you are introduced to the firecracker herself Freya, now Smith knows how to write Strong Female leads and Freya is one Bad Ass chick. She is not afraid of much and gives every bit as good as she gets!

That is until she is told she is to Marry Viktor...oh he is the real deal and will challenge her in the badass
ConfessionsofaRomanceJunkie
Mar 13, 2017 ConfessionsofaRomanceJunkie rated it really liked it
Yet another brilliant read from one of my go to authors. She's the queen of all things dark and I love it!

Defiance is Viktor and Freya's story. Freya is feisty and fits into this dark world with ease since she was raised in it it's totally normal for her. Viktor and Freya don't hit it off to the best start after being forced together and have hit several bumps along the way which really don't help matters. In fact it pushes Freya over the edge and really leaves her with mixed feelings towards V
Jessica
Mar 12, 2017 Jessica rated it really liked it
This is Viktor and Freya's book. I have been looking forward to them since the Distrust. Like I imagined they blew my mind. Freya was been a sassy little b**** in book one and book two she was just bad a**. Defiance takes the cake. Though the story was good I did not feel the connection between Viktor or Freya. There was a certain part in the book which I really didn't agree with, I felt like Viktor did not take a stand for his woman like the other men did in the pervious books. That to me ment ...more
Vickie
Mar 10, 2017 Vickie rated it it was amazing
I've been desperate for Freya and Viktors story since this series started and I ended up loving Freya even more after reading this.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I've always liked Freya. Her attitude, the fact she's a pawn been used by her family...how could I not like her.

Freya steals the show in this book. She shows enough is enough and her badass attitude is out and she's taking no prisoners.

What I wasn't expecting was to not like Viktor. I've adored this man from the start but De
Cinthia
Mar 14, 2017 Cinthia rated it it was amazing
T.L. Smith never seizes to amaze me with her compelling writing and captivating characters. This series is by far one of my favorite mafia romances. This author definitely didn't disappoint with the third installment in the series. The Smirnov Bratva series has become one of my favorite mafia romances. After reading book one and two, I was very excited to dive in book three. You know you're reading a good book when you're simply unable to put it down. Honestly it didn't take me very long to devo ...more
Leah
Mar 22, 2017 Leah rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Smirnov Bratva series focuses on the relationship between Freya and Viktor. Man, is this one hell of an explosive relationship. It definitely alternates between love and hate and you almost wonder if they will even be able to survive their marriage. I wasn’t sure I liked Freya much in the first book but I have come to really like her character. Viktor, well, there were numerous times I wanted to smack him upside the head but I think that those emotions mean the author has d ...more
United Indie Book Blog
May 25, 2017 United Indie Book Blog rated it really liked it
Freya's and Viktor's story finally! I think people had a hard time understanding Viktor, all his life he followed orders even in marriage. I'm glad they both pushed each other to be able to find themselves and be happy. Honestly, I really hoped Freya would have taught a bigger lesson but can't be killing off some of my favorites. Death's and Polly's book is my favorite by this one runs a close second. Bring on more!

review by raychel
Cindy
Mar 13, 2017 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Defiance is book 3 in the Smirnev Bratva series by TL Smith. However you do not have to have read the first two books to LOVE and ENJOY this book.

It's the story of two people promised to each other. As this happens in between the different mafia families. The story of Viktor and Freya. And WOW, what a journey! TL is becoming a favorite author if mine. She's FABULOUS at feeding my DARK & TWISTED side! Her writing leaves me breathless and wanting more. I felt so drawn in and invested in all t
The Book Fairy Reviews
Mar 13, 2017 The Book Fairy Reviews rated it it was amazing
Being in the criminal world is dangerous. Dangerous for you and for those that are in your proximity, specially when you are a loyal member, you always do what you are told. For Viktor being told that he had to marry was shocking, marrying someone he was attracted to even more so. This was business, not a romantic connection, until it wasn't.
Freya was a bargaining chip, some one to tie families and fill them with power. Her father used her as a pawn, so did her brother. The only one that could c
Mary
Mar 13, 2017 Mary rated it really liked it
I love Freya. She is this amazingly strong woman that grew up in the male dominated mafia wold. The expectation is that she will marry someone from a rival family for the power it brings her family which shapes how she is raised but she still finds herself in this world of chaos. When she meets the Smirnov brothers, she surprises them with her fire, she doesn't cower. When the original marriage falls through, she is told to marry the second in command, Viktor. She has been attracted to VIkto fro ...more
Sarah Dale
Mar 10, 2017 Sarah Dale rated it it was amazing
Love this series and this author and this was the book in the series was waiting for after meeting Freya and Viktor in book 1. Even though she was due to marry someone else you could feel the sexual tension between them. I knew when they got together it would be explosive.

For Viktor to settle down and give up his manwhore ways it would take a really strong, feisty woman and I think he met his match in Freya. I loved her instantly in book 1. She has the look of an angel but wow never get on the w
Kathryn Dee - CLiK Book Blog
Mar 11, 2017 Kathryn Dee - CLiK Book Blog rated it really liked it
Defiance by T.L. Smith (Smernov Bratva Book #3)

Well I thought it couldn't get any better but Book #3 in the Smernov Bratva series by T L Smith has just taken it up another notch.

All the characters from the first two books are in residence but this books focus is on Viktor and his arranged marriage to Freya.

Viktor has his place in the family as cousin to Kaizer but also as muscle and enforcer. He lives for the family, bleeds for the family and kills for the family but Freya knows the way this li
She's a Lip Biter
Mar 11, 2017 She's a Lip Biter rated it really liked it
God I really enjoyed this book. It was a great entertaining read but was tame for a TL Smith Book. Although we got a lot of the norm, this book wasn't a big bloodfest. Unlike what we got from the previous books in this series.

Freya was the highlight of this book for me, she was amazing and held her own in a world full of men, she showed huge amounts strength and had no fear. The story revolves around the forced marriage of Freya and Viktor and although they were attracted to each other they were
Lisa Stinson
Mar 16, 2017 Lisa Stinson rated it really liked it
While I didn't love this book as much as Distrust and Disbelief, I did enjoy reading Viktor and Freya's story. There were times that I felt the connection between Viktor and Freya but then later something would happen and I just couldn't imagine them working out. There was a lot of back and forth between them for most of the book. You knew that deep down they really liked each other and wanted their arrangement to work.

There were quite a few twists and turns along the way. Viktor and Freya's re
BFDU
Mar 08, 2017 BFDU rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Again....TL has done it again.
I have so much love for her and her writing hand.
I have read everything TL, and again she has given us another perfectly executed read that I couldn't put down.

In this instalment of the Smirnov Bratva Series, we get to meet at length Viktor and Freya. Although we know them both from the first two novels which touched on their characters briefly, Defiance is
Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books
Mar 11, 2017 Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
I can't get enough of TL Smith's writing, her writing grabs you from the start, she pulls you in keeping you captive till the end and leaves you wishing there was more!

Defiance is the third instalment of the Smirnov Bratva Series, we are right back in the thick of the Russian mafia following on from Disbelief.
Viktor and Freya have been forced to marry, while they may have been attracted to each other they weren't happy about it. Freya comes from a life where someone has always controlled it, sh
Donna Wright
Mar 10, 2017 Donna Wright rated it really liked it

Nardia Barnes
Mar 15, 2017 Nardia Barnes rated it it was amazing
There is always the talk of all things dark when it comes to Vicktor's life, that is until the very strong willed Freya enter his dark mix and shakes things up in a big way.

Promised to one, married to another, Freya must feel like she is being pulled in so many different directions, but to add insult to injury, another faith lays ahead for her resulting in the worst betrayal.

Another great read, I'm loving this series. I love the danger and quirkiness of the characters and I'm again looking forwa
Konny
Mar 08, 2017 Konny rated it it was amazing
I have no words to say how much I love this book and the series.

Defiance by T.L. Smith is the third installment in the Smirnov Bratva Series.
This is not a stand alone. You should read Distrust and Disbelief first.
Defiance picks up where Disbelief ends.

Viktor is ordered by Kazier to be married to Freya.
Freya is the daughter of a russian drug lord, Viktor the cousin of another mob boss.
Viktor is a quiet watcher, a planner and serious man.
Freya is impulsive , sarcastic and has a temper.
Both like ea
Victoria
Mar 15, 2017 Victoria rated it it was amazing
This book is intense and dark with twists and turns. It will pull you in. Freya is strong and feisty and Viktor is dark and intense sexy alpha. They have a love and hate relationship that makes you want to scream at times. I enjoyed the banter and steamy chemistry between them. It's a great addition to the series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book.
Natalie Miernicki
Mar 13, 2017 Natalie Miernicki rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review. Wow TL has done it again with this the 3rd instalment of the Smirnov Bratra series... Freya is a little firecracker who does not suffer fools; Victor is the very dark, brooding and very loyal mob man... when his boss tells him he must marry Freya then that is what he does. This book is full of twists, turns and shocks that will keep you on the edge of your seat up until the very last page. A Russian Mafia story with an edge, everyone needs to read this ser ...more
Kaye
Mar 14, 2017 Kaye rated it it was amazing
If Death's story is dark and twisted, Viktor's is just twisted it'll make your head spin. All the underhand machinations will throw you out of the loop.

This is definitely one of those stories that you just won't be able to put down. I stayed up until 4am, just to finish reading this book. And I would gladly lose sleep again, for this amazing read.

I was provided a copy for review purposes.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L Smith can be found in almost any chocolate store, eating all the chocolate. She lives in Brisbane, Australia with her two kids and husband. Her favourite things to do is dancing, writing, reading and travelling the world. A lover for twisted words and things that make your heart pump you can find her on the following pages.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/auth
More about T.L. Smith...

Smirnov Bratva (3 books)
  • Distrust  (Smirnov Bratva, #1)
  • Disbelief  (Smirnov Bratva, #2)