Start by marking “Defiance (Smirnov Bratva, #3)” as Want to Read:
Defiance (Smirnov Bratva, #3)

Defiance

(Smirnov Bratva #3)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  391 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
She was promised to me.
I was promised to her.
She was the daughter of a drug lord, I was the cousin of one.
Together we could have been beautiful.
Oh, so beautiful.
But beautiful doesn’t factor into my life.
Death.
Destruction.
Pain.
That was my life.
She’d had her taste of it.
But was she really ready for it?
Because I lived in hell, and my wife would soon be Satan’s bitc
Published April 2017

To ask other readers questions about Defiance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defiance

XxTainaxX
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Note to self: A line is crossed that should never be crossed especially not with a spouse. Forgiveness comes way too easily.
Fre06 Begum
Tina H
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Defiance did not disappoint. This book is funny, disturbing, sexy and great.

Freya is a firecracker who is tired of being pushed around and used as a pawn make business deals.

Viktor is fearless and loyal. He follows orders even if he doesn't agree with them.

Freya and Viktor are forced to marry and they are not happy with the situation.
Immediately after the wedding a series of fucked up events forces them to evaluate their feelings....they love and hate each other. But will love or hate win in t
Becca - ✭Little Red Reading Hood✭
description

The little devil in me is dancing with pleasure. The queen of dark and evil is back to the field and she raises hell with this book! I couldn’t wait to put my filthy, grabby hands on this one, because Viktor and Freya have been fucking with my mind since the first book.

description

To tell the truth, I’ve fallen in love with TL Smith’s writing when I’ve finished Distrust. With Disbelief, I was almost sure this woman does dark like no one else. But with Defiance? My dear children, TL Smith will torture your m
Na
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you once fall for one of Smirnov Bratva boys, you'll fall for all: 4 solid and well deserved stars!
Love this book!
So far this is the best of all three. With each book T.L. Smith improved the reading experience. Even though I really enjoyed reading all books of this series, Defiance is by far my favorite. Not only because I fell in love with Freya in the first book but also because the whole plot is almost flawless.

Freya is like a heroine in perfection. She's brave, fierce, dauntless. She kno
Jan
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Defiant,courageous,feisty, Freya was all that.

I was so looking forward to Freya's story the little spitfire who could certainly put these scary men in their place.

From the moment Freya entered this series it was to be married off to kaizer but Keizer was bewitched by Elina and that wedding was never going to happen so with family tradition Freya had to be married off to someone and that someone was Viktor.

I like all these characters, Viktor was not a man of many words and he definitely didn't
Silvy_1309
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the uncommon plot ,the struggle ,Freya temper ....and Viktor....holy goodness it was almost time...hot series for sure
Maria11
@LsmithT #Defiance #MafiaRomance #SmirnovBratvaSeries #TLSmith

QueenZany 5 Star Review
Defiance
TL Smith

Defiance is a full fledged dark horse, of mixed desires, and mouth watering temptations! Which will kick you in your frickin
gut and just keeps steamrolling along! Just like a fast moving train. That will plow into your bring, stealing your soul and ripping you to shreds! Just a fucktastic thrill ride of cosmic proportions!

EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
NEW RELEASE
LIVE: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

This book is a mafia genre book and a standalone.
Maddison Spiteri
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-reads
TL's writing is something I've loved from the moment I read one of her books for the first time. She knows how to pull you in and keep you there until you realize you've finished the book and wish there was still more!
Defiance was so different where it wasn't so much on the romantic, lovey dovey side and it was perfect. Viktor and Freya both have such strong personalities who aren't afraid to show how they really feel and understand each other in a way they don't even realize. They come from po
Phyl
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh Freya, what can I say about this girl. She's so unpredictably crazy. I love the relationship between Viktor and her, it's so funny the shit they do to each other. Anton had me pissing myself with his antics I'm glad he's getting a story he deserves one.
I love the brotherhood of these men they maybe dicks to each other but they will always have each other backs. I enjoyed this book, it was great like the rest of this series.
Heather
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars and only because I really liked Freya. She can do SO much better!****Spoiler Alert**** I'm sorry but they do not make enough cupcakes for her to have forgiven him. The only thing she should have given him was the name of her divorce attorney. Sorry, I was really looking forward to this story after Death's which I liked, but this one really just made me angry.
Nic *The Wandering Bookaholic* Spears
I cannot think of a better title for this book. Its the perfect title. 'Defiance' is exactly what we get. From a woman pushed too far to someone who you'd least expect it from, and the repercussions that come with it.

I absolutely loved being back in the world of the Smirnov Bratva with the dark and delicious men that we have come to know and love.

All cold, ruthless and powerful men with women who are just as strong and powerful in their own way.

First Kazier and Elina, then Death ~sigh~ and Poll
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Think of the definition of this books title and it describes the character, Freya to a T as well as Viktor who never goes against his Boss and family. As the story of the Russian Mafia continues we see turns that we thought couldn't get any worse and oh they are good ones. TL always does an amazing job of getting you hooked from page one to the very end and then wanting more when we are done.
Freya poor girl is like a bouncing bean bag in the arranged marriage category. You will have to figure o
Tasha Williams (Red's Midnight Readers)
::..Reviewed for Red's Midnight Readers..::

I was kindly provided with an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I have given it 5 stars.

I suppose like many others Freya was possibly my least favourite character but after reading Defiance, my opinion is now completely the opposite . She is now probably my favourite character out of them all.

My heart actually ached a little for her, as she was used like a pawn by the men around her and Viktor, I would have happily cracked him over the head myself!
Courtney
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Judy Miracle
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again TL Smith delivers a book that will suck you and from beginning to end!!!

In Defiance, you get Freya and Viktor. If you have read any of the Smirnov Bratva books before then you will be familiar with both characters.

Freya is a firecracker, brave and she's also tired of being used as a pawn by her family. Viktor is loyal and follows his orders no matter what they are. These two are forced to marry and neither are happy with this.

But what happens when shit hits the fan after the weddin
Brenda Travers
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want to start by saying I am addicted to TL Smith's writing. The #SmirnovBratva series is one of my all time favourites and was always going to be a action packed ride.

Right from Book 1 you are introduced to the firecracker herself Freya, now Smith knows how to write Strong Female leads and Freya is one Bad Ass chick. She is not afraid of much and gives every bit as good as she gets!

That is until she is told she is to Marry Viktor...oh he is the real deal and will challenge her in the badass
ConfessionsofaRomanceJunkie
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yet another brilliant read from one of my go to authors. She's the queen of all things dark and I love it!

Defiance is Viktor and Freya's story. Freya is feisty and fits into this dark world with ease since she was raised in it it's totally normal for her. Viktor and Freya don't hit it off to the best start after being forced together and have hit several bumps along the way which really don't help matters. In fact it pushes Freya over the edge and really leaves her with mixed feelings towards V
Mandy
Oh man, do I absolutely love Freya. From the previous books, we get a glimpse of the person she is. She may come across as ready to jump when ordered because that is what she has been taught to do since young, but in this book, we see the true Freya. Realizing that she will never have and be the “normal” person she always wanted to be, Freya is out for revenge. She has a hit list and yes, her husband (Viktor) is on that list. She is one tough cookie who just so happens to love cupcakes.

I fell in
Brenna
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aingstly waiting ......

Finally the love story between Freya and Victor. It's a forced, arranged marriage mafia romance.

They like each other but they don't want to marry each other. The very day of her wedding, she walks out when Pollie goes into labor and has her baby boy. Yay!

Their wedding night is horrible. Shortly afterwards she's forced to marry someone else, she runs away, is trafficked and rescued by her brother's friend. She gets her revenge by killing Kaziers father and step mom.

It take
Jessica
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Viktor and Freya's book. I have been looking forward to them since the Distrust. Like I imagined they blew my mind. Freya was been a sassy little b**** in book one and book two she was just bad a**. Defiance takes the cake. Though the story was good I did not feel the connection between Viktor or Freya. There was a certain part in the book which I really didn't agree with, I felt like Viktor did not take a stand for his woman like the other men did in the pervious books. That to me ment ...more
Angela
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Wow, what a read!
I've come to expect nothing less from TL Smith. The she writes a book and gets you sucked in from the start, you have finished it before you have even realized. This one was no different. I've been waiting to read Freya's story since we first met her and have enjoyed her character snippets throughout the other books and this book did not disappoint. Her and Viktor, the things they did to each other had me laugh a time or time. I have enjoyed this series and getting to e
Vickie
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been desperate for Freya and Viktors story since this series started and I ended up loving Freya even more after reading this.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I've always liked Freya. Her attitude, the fact she's a pawn been used by her family...how could I not like her.

Freya steals the show in this book. She shows enough is enough and her badass attitude is out and she's taking no prisoners.

What I wasn't expecting was to not like Viktor. I've adored this man from the start but De
Jessica
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again T.L.Smith has went beyond twisted and screwed in ber dark romance series. This woman is a Queen in Dark romance. Freya and Viktor are so twisted and messed up. Freya is my favorite female in this series. She is strong beautiful and takes no crap from anyone her dad a mob boss and wants certain things and her and her brotber Patrick survive together and become powerful in their own way. Patrick is set to take over and Freya only wanted to live her life. She and Viktor are forced to mar ...more
Erica Crawford
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one kicked my ass

This one chewed me up and spit me out. I really wanted to hate Viktor but at the end he finally won me over. I do feel Freya was treated like crap! By everyone except the girls.
Spoilers- I can't believe no one stopped her from being sold. I cried for like 10 minutes! Thank God for her friend Sin. Damn did she come back and kick some ass. Even though the book was good I'm still but hurt that no one would help her. Hell even Anton spoke up and said it was wrong. Freya is one
Melissa Christenson
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Freya and Victor's book! She's such a b*dass and doesn't take crap from anyone. She was originally supposed to marry Kaizer then they told her she had to marry Victor and then they tried it again and she was like screw this and all of you. I also loved how she made Victor sweat after he pulled some not ok stuff on her. Hr finally decides he wants to fight for her and she's all nope I'm moving back to my apartment lol. I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes mafia books. Yo ...more
Cinthia
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
T.L. Smith never seizes to amaze me with her compelling writing and captivating characters. This series is by far one of my favorite mafia romances. This author definitely didn't disappoint with the third installment in the series. The Smirnov Bratva series has become one of my favorite mafia romances. After reading book one and two, I was very excited to dive in book three. You know you're reading a good book when you're simply unable to put it down. Honestly it didn't take me very long to devo ...more
Alison Chewning
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved Defiance book 3 in the Smirnov Bratva series. These books keep getting better and better with each new book and new characters that are mentioned for each book. I was hooked since the beginning of the book and the series. Defiance is dark, sexy and entertaining with amazing storytelling and lovable characters that you can enjoy reading about. Freya was crazy at times but she could hold her own she was a force to be wreckin with. Viktor was strong and loyal he was dark and dangerous. Grea ...more
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L Smith can be found in almost any chocolate store, eating all the chocolate. She lives in Brisbane, Australia with her two kids and husband. Her favourite things to do is dancing, writing, reading and travelling the world. A lover for twisted words and things that make your heart pump you can find her on the following pages.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/auth

Smirnov Bratva (4 books)
  • Distrust  (Smirnov Bratva, #1)
  • Disbelief  (Smirnov Bratva, #2)
  • Dismissed (Smirnov Bratva, #4)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice