Start by marking “Mistaken Identity” as Want to Read:

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  102 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
The last time I saw my sister was the day before she vanished from my life. I’ve spent the last five years searching for her, clinging to the hope that one day I will find out what happened to her, but every lead has ended up at a dead end.

Until now.

He took me because he thinks I’m Her.

My instinct is to run. I want to fight my way out of there, but I can’t. This man is my
Published May 16th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Mistaken Identity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistaken Identity

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

description

descriptionOK this cover would be great FOR A DIFFERENT BOOK. The heroine has long BLONDE hair, and there is NO mention of the hero having tattoos. Covers that have NO connection to the story or models that look NOTHING like the characters found within is such a HUGE pet peeve of mine. This book was AWESOME and deserves a cover that at least somewhat represents the characters.description

descriptionSo this review is going to be a little vague as I don't want to give too much away about this one. Suffice it to say that I LOVED it
Olga therebelreader
This one was an ok read for me. I actually liked the beginning of the book, when Lena and Jake meet. It was a suspenseful, spicy romance with a tiny mystery. It didn't blow my mind, but it was still an enjoyable read!
My biggest issue with the story is the plotline of Lena faking being her twin. It truly dragged on for longer than it should. Plus, the excessive wordiness that tired me out.
Well crafted, but the characters and their connection never went past the superficial. It was angsty and lig
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MISTAKEN IDENTITY: by M.C. Jackson is a stand alone suspenseful, psychological romance novel that will having you guessing right up till the end. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives'

This was super easy to get into, straight away you're pulled into the grittiness of what Lena is discovering after waking up in a place unknown, locked in a basement, chained to a bed, her body, bruised, bloody, swollen, left in nothing but tattered pyjamas.

One minute she was out clubbing with six co-workers celebra
2OCC Reviews
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
I love a good psychological thriller type book every now and then and the feeling I got from this book was that it would been one heckuva ride trying to figure out what was going on.

Lana was strong willed in figuring things out that she put her self in a crazy position but you can't help but respect her because of her motives.

Jake was easy to read but at the same time he was very hard to read. I really liked his dedication to what he was doing because he knew that it was right.

I can't go into to
Beneath The Covers Blog
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alison, arcs, 2017-reads
Twists and turns you don't see coming

Lena is kidnapped and she soon realizes her captor thinks she's her missing sister. Does she go along in hope of finding out what happened to her twin?

Mistaken Identity is a suspenseful read with twists and turns along the way.

Jake takes Lena and I know when something like that happens we aren't suppose to love the character but I loved him.

There is so much to this story that I can't say because I don't want to give out spoilers, but there were things I didn'
Alex ♈
May 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: vile, safe
Michaelene
Mistaken Identity is a suspenseful, psychological novel that makes the reader question what happens when you forget who you are.

Lena wakes up in a strange basement, tied up, and as the captee of a man she doesn’t know. Nor does she have any other memories besides her name and that she was looking for her twin sister, Anna. It leads Lena on a journey to find out who she is, what her past is like, and what happened with her sister’s disappearance.

The story definitely starts with the conflict. Len
Shannon
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These are my Happily Ever After Novel Thoughts...

This story starts out as pretty good. It was a good, solid 4 star read, and then #plottwist! Bam!! Just like that, 5 stars!

Lena is a great character and it's hard not to feel sympathy for her. Jake is out of his mind with worry and it causes him to run hot and cold a great deal.

There are quite a few things you get hit with and didn't see coming right at you.

I love how unpredictable this story is. No matter how hard I tried to figure things out,
Corrine Pickering
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

Mistaken Identity by M.C. Jackson

### 5 Hashtags ###

Wow ! very unexpected and clever twist ! I loved this book, a really great read that had me hooked from the very beginning and I love that it's a standalone.

I actually thought and secretly hoped that this book was going to be a little darker but it didn't matter ....it was much more psychological, really unpredictable and totally gripping. I love it when a book catches you by surprise and hold your attention all the way.

I'm not recapping or giv
Cassie
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Mind-Bending Stars!

This one ~ mmmm, it's hard to talk about without giving too much away. Sooooo GOOD!

Review to come......
Marah
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I was gifted an ARC of Mistaken Identity by M.C. Jackson in exchange for an honest review.

Lena finds herself in a precarious situation and she doesn't know how or why it happened. She wants answers and a way out of her prison. She feels as though her life was just starting to make sense, before she is taken by her captor, Jake. She can't figure who Jake is and why he has kidnapped her. She's even more baffled by his looks of familiarity.

Lena soon realizes that Jake is connected to her sister, he
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

My Rating: 3 and a half stars

I've been waiting for so long to have a book pull this twist and have me blind to it all. This is one of few books in the suspense genre that kept me intrigued throughout the story.

Lena was a very confused character. When you consider her childhood it becomes painfully believable. Though I didn't understand why she kept up her "farce" for so long and why she didn't rush to read the journal she found. Other than that I liked her as a character. S
Tanya Santiago
***4 Crazy Stars!***

This was a phenomenal story! There was so much suspense and I honestly did not see the ending coming at all.

Lena is taken by Jake who thinks she is her twin Anna who has been missing for 5 years after leaving their home with their aunt and uncle. Lena has no memory in the days leading to her abduction. She does realize that Jake thinks that she is Anna and she plays along so that she can get the answers that needs regarding her sister. Lena and Anna lost their parents young a
Beth
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My 1st read, written by: M.C. Jackson, was curious to know more about the author, but Goodreads is not helping, neither does Amazon??! ... find it interesting how some authors are so quiet about themselves ... & you wanna promote to help their great awesome books but there is nothing to share?

this is a thriller, suspenseful, romance, very unexpected twist, a great and wild ride M.C. Jackson does take you on. this book will pull ya in and away from all going on ... you will not be able to put
Shrimalya
The blurb for this book had piqued my interest and I was really excited to read this one!
Girl kidnapped and pretending to be her missing twin-tell me this doesn't interest you!
The book started off well and the mystery had me wondering things along with Lena.We start off knowing almost nothing like she does and the author feeds us the info bit by bit, through flashbacks and discoveries.
Halfway through the book I kinda guessed the twist that was to come and I think that sorta ruined the experience
books are love
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am still reeling from this. Still trying to wrap my mind around it. This book takes you on a very bumpy ride. You think you see where it is going but than you get thrown again and bam your at the beginning wondering what the heck.

Lena, Anna and Jake are the focus but for me Jake is where it all lies within. He is a catalyst for many things.

Jake is a good character. He genuinely cares for Anna and do whatever it takes to help her for he does love her. He gave up so much for her and is still wi
Corey
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mistaken Identity is a romantic psychological suspense that had me guessing until the end. Lena is as straight-laced as the come with her twin sister Anna, the rebel running away from everything that haunts her, they couldn't be more different sisters if they tried. Jake is as complicated as he is charming, who knows what he is capable of. These character relationships intertwine in such a unique way, making this storyline especially original.

Told in first person, from the lead characters perspe
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
When Lena opens her eyes, she immediately begins to panic, she has no idea where she is, why she is restrained, and how she wound up in this predicament. Then her captor speaks, and for some reason instead of being afraid of him she is drawn to him, there is something about him that makes her feel safe, even though she hasn't a clue who he is. With a little time she begins to realize he has her confused with someone else, her long lost sister, and instead of telling him the truth, she decides to ...more
Kristie
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By: M.C. Jackson

⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 Star Review by Kristie K

There is only one thing to say about Mistaken Identity…it is a phenomenal, complete and total mind-f***…

Holy plot twist!! M.C. Jackson definitely brought the rain with this one! As my first book by this author, I wasn’t really sure what to expect. Pleasantly surprised is an understatement. Mistaken Identity went from a well written psychological thriller, to a jaw-dropping phenomenon in less than a paragraph. This book deserves to b
Pamela Greving
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
**I did receive an Advanced Reader Copy of Mistaken Identity by M.C. Jackson in exchange for my honest review**

This book really ticked me off, in a good way. At 25% through, I was having a really hard time trying to figure out the plot. At 50% through, I was still having a hard time following what was going on. At 75% I thought I had a good idea at what was happening. 82% BAM! Talk about walls crumbling, heads rolling, and OMG what on earth, I had no idea! It happened like that.

There wasn't one
Melissa King
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Mistaken Identity is the first romantic suspense that I have from M.C. Jackson. She did awesome job of grabbing your attention and not letting go until the very end of this story.

Lena is identical in looks with her sister, Anna. They both have long golden hair and deep blue eyes, but opposite in personality. Lena is the goody two shoes out of the twins, Anna is the one always getting into trouble and running from her problems. Then you have Jake, he is charming & cute but who knows if you c
Tiffany Readz
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Tried my Patience

What a wicked tale we weave...right from the start I didn't know which way was up reading Mistaken Identity. Sure, from the title alone I should have realized I was going to be on quite the ride, but sheesh, this was a bit much.

Anna and Lena are sisters with nobody but each other left. They have endured too much in thier young lives and each dealing with the situations differently. Now, Lena is in over her head, wondering how her sister is still causing trouble from so far away.
Char Sowers
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
MC Jackson's "Mistaken Identity" is a wickedly twisty Romantic Suspense. The opening Prologue is thrilling and wonderfully ambiguous; no answers com easily in this novel. The heroine, Lena, is a frustrating character. When she finally has a clue in her hands she seems to take her time examining it. MC Jackson does a fantastic job of keeping the reader guessing as to what are Jake's true motives. Then Jake becomes a tremendously sympathetic character. The storyline is intriguing with Jake's many ...more
Jennifer Lessard
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily wrote an honest review.
I was very intrigued and excited to receive the ARC for this book once I read the synopsis. So when it popped up on my kindle I could not wait to start it. I wasn't really sure what to expect from it I just knew that after I read the synopsis I thought, hmmmm, I have got to get my hands on this book. I just had a feeling that it was going to be one of those books that would take me on a roller coaster ride and have my bra
Megaden
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was unexpected. I had an idea of what the twist would be and I was wrong! I love that this book kept me guessing and was so unique and original that I couldn't even figure out fully what was going to happen. It was a mystery and I loved it. It could have been a little more polished and some ideas either needed to be expanded or left out but all in all it was a really interesting and good book. I was sucked in and I wanted to know what was going to happen, as the pages left in the book ...more
Lisa
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mistaken Identity is full of suspense, romance and will keep you reading to trying to figure out what's going on....

This is the story of Lena (Anna) and Jake. Lena wakes up in a basement, she has no memories of what has happened to her or why she's there. She can't figure out who Jake is, or why he looks so familiar. "One word. Anna. Oh god, oh god, oh god. It all makes sense now."

Jake has called her Anna, little bits and pieces are now coming back to her. Lena plays along and lets Jake think sh
Vickie
3.5 stars.

I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book after reading the synopsis. I had no idea what I was getting into having never read anything by this author before.

Lena is kidnapped and she soon realises that her kidnapper thinks she's her sister Anna. Lena can't remember how she came to be there and she's even more determined to find out what happened to Anna than before. But she soon starts to see that things aren't what she was expecting, leaving her with more questions than answers.
Stephanie
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow. I am new to M.C. Jackson. I wasn’t sure what to expect. This was not my usual read. But wow! At first I was trying to understand what was happening in the story. But then, as I finished each chapter I found myself hooked! Mistaken Identity is a psychological thriller. I haven’t read too many of them. As the story started to come together I found myself going crazy with the what??? & why???

Lena:
Last night I was surrounded by friends and today I’ve woken up and I’m locked in a basement,
H.B. Jasick
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was intense right out of the gate. I could not put this book down, because I constantly NEEDED to know what was going to happen next, and I kept needing answers to questions that were continuously popping up. There are romance undertones, but I would classify this book as a psychological Suspense. The characters suffer, and the story is tragic in a lot of parts. You start to get depressed learning all of their stories. Your heart breaks, and then you get hopeful just before the rug get ...more
Amy Mccann
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of this book through the Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

Mistaken Identity is a great book thoroughly enjoyed it!
Beware though it is a real mind-trip, it's based on Jake and Anna after he re-captures her after she found out about his secrets only to be chased down by him fall and bang her head so then she is suffering from a bout of 'amnesia' and cant remember anything, then Jake has a whole other life trying to protect Anna and to top it off this guy is
« previous 1 3 4 next »