Start by marking “Bad Reputation (Bad Boys of Sports, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Reputation (Bad Boys of Sports, #1)

Bad Reputation

(Bad Boys of Sports #1)

Meet the most wanted players in sports . . . one ridiculously hot alpha male at a time.

Chase: With a nickname like “Sin,” it’s no wonder they call me the bad boy of hockey. Opponents curse me. Fans scream my name—in the arena and in other, much more private places. Penalties or not, I’m not afraid to dish out a little pain. But pleasure? That’s my weakness. And no one
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 273 pages
Published October 3rd 2017 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Bad Reputation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Reputation

Start your review of Bad Reputation (Bad Boys of Sports, #1)
Melanie
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Buddy Read with Paloma

This was not what I was expecting it to be. I normally love sports romance books, especially starring hockey players because of my love for the Off-Campus Series by Elle Kennedy, but this was mostly just a let down.

Bad Reputation is a friends to lovers story that surrounds two best friends that are both ignoring the fact that they feel more for each other than just friends. Chase is your typical
~Mindy Lynn~
3 Friends to lovers stars!

Cassie met Chase in college when she became his tutor and they have been best friends since. They are opposites in everything. Cassie is pretty tamed and has a five-year plan and hopes to have a successful career while also having plans to meet Mr. Right, get married, and have kids. She isn't interested in one night stands and has only had 2 sexual partners who she was in short-lived relationships with.
Chase is referred to as the bad boy of Hockey and spends the majori
Geri Reads
Sep 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF at 69%

Despite the fact that I love the trope contained in this book, I couldn't muster an ounce of care about the two main characters. Bad Reputation is about Chase, who just happens to be one of the hottest player in the NHL and his best friend Cassie. Chase has been attracted to Cassie but they have different priorities then so nothing happened.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Another thing you should know about Chase and Cassie is that they are literally two of the most good-looking, most perfect, most buff, the most
Dali
A fun, lighthearted story I enjoyed reading.

This romantic comedy sizzles with a story about two people who’ve known each other for close to a decade, have done everything to avoid romantic messes especially one with each other. Bad Reputation is a fun read that balances sexy times and sweet moments. The banter between the protagonists is appealing, which makes the book that much easier to read.

We meet Chase Barret who is presented as the bad boy of hockey. An NHL player who’s not afraid to t
Michelle
*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Chase is so sexy I want him!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I really enjoyed this book. I 've not read anything from this author before but I have to say I will definitely read more after reading this. The story was really good it had me dying to know how things were goin to work out between Cassie and Chase.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Cassie is a great character I really liked her. She is a very focused woman and as worked hard in her job to get where she is. Cassie
Zoe
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Witty, sexy, and delightfully romantic!

Bad Reputation is a passionate friends-to-more rom-com about the sinfully, delicious Chase, who finds it harder and harder to keep his attraction for his best friend a secret, and the focused and determined Cassie who realizes that sometimes things happen for a reason, and everything she's ever wanted may be standing right in front of her.

The writing is crisp. The characters, including all the supporting characters, are fun-loving, charismatic, and lovable.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

This is the story of Chase & Cassie. They've been friends for nine years now. Best friends.
He's a hockey superstar in Texas and she's an app-tech-something-too-complicated-for-this-blogger-to-understand-person. They spend a lot of time together - enough for Cassie to know that her bestie is a class A manwhore! But - he always treats the ladies like queens - if only for that one night.
Cassie couldn't do that one night thing. And she's too busy with work anyway. And also - Chase is scaring away ev
Bark
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I requested this book from Netgalley but I have no idea why. I am not interested in sports. I’m guessing it was the cover.

I managed to get through this one despite myself. It was touch and go there for a bit, I’m not even going to attempt to pretend otherwise. Only my laziness to figure out what I wanted to read next kept me going. One of these days I will learn how to DNF correctly.

Chase is a rich and famous hockey star and has a reputation as being “the bad boy of hockey” because he’s a troubl
Aileene
This book opens to Chase Barret, our bad boy, multi - millionaire and sexy hockey player and Cassie Desrosiers, our very smart and attractive heroine.

Best friends became lovers after so many years of maintaining friendship.

Chase, who had no problems in ladies department has been harbouring a secret crush on Cassie but never acted on it thinking it could ruin their perfect friendship. It also didn’t help when Cassie made it clear that, thanks to her mother’s track record on men, she’s not intere
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!

photo IMG_1502_zpsxhjilqz0.jpg

Cassie Desrosiers is a 28 yr. old woman from Wisconsin who is the Vice President of app development at a company working with software. She now lives in Houston, Texas where her best friend Chase Barrett lives. Cassie met Chase at the University of Wisconsin, & they have been inseparable for the last nine years. Chase is a professional hockey player for the Texas Tornadoes & has a reputation as the bad boy of hockey in the NHL. He’s popular in the media, & fans call him Sin. Cassie &
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, 2017
An enjoyable friends to lovers story. I will say I was expecting more of a bad boy in Chase but he was actually a really nice guy and I liked that about him. I love sports romance books and the ones that don't have a player H are always a nice surprise. Cassie was a likeable heroine. She was smart and beautiful, if maybe a little to prim. However, she sure loosened up when they finally got together. I'm not always sold on the friends to lovers scenario but the author did a good job with the reas ...more
 Mary~❤️~DBO

Oh, My God!!!…This book is officially the sweetest book that I ever read. I fell in love right away…I savored every word.

Two or maybe three years ago, my friend Ralu insisted that I should read… Alluring Indulgence series and Club Destiny series by Nicole Edwards. Obviously, I postponed them and read them much later…I was so very sorry that I did that and don’t read them earlier…I loved this two series!

Some people say that at some point you get bored because she describes a lot and gi
Rejane
Sep 15, 2017 marked it as not-interested
NOTE TO MYSELF.
Again!!!??? Friends to lovers where they have feelings for each other but never said anything. Of course he's a womanizer in some kind of sports -hockey- And she only have a couple of sexual relationships yadda yadda blah blah blah. Of course, probably, some reviewer will show up saying even if it was done before there's something different about the writing and the emotions. Etc etc etc.
Me tired
No... thank you.

And the cliches. Of course.
And some reviewers said they were not a
Jenny
Plot rating: 5 stars
Dialogue rating: 4 stars
Storytelling rating: 4.5 stars
Story ending rating: 5 stars
Other woman/men drama: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)

~Stéphanie's Journal~
Oct 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc
description

What to say? I'm so disappointed. First book by Nicole Edwards that I have the chance to review and.... bummer!

I'm sorry to say that nothing worked for me in the book. I didn't feel the connection between MC at all - even as best friends.
There was a lot of saying in the book instead of showing. It was really repetitive. Over and over again we get to know that Chase want something more but never really try and that Cassidy has only felt friendship even if she finds the guy hot.

There was also a l
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (live 10/5)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2sRd0yc

Bad Reputation was totally fun! Sexy with a side of sweet and a whole lotta lickable hockey player. My catnip, yall. My catnip.

Basically Chase has a thing for his best friend. But he's kept his naughty paws off her for 9 years and she's got him completely friend zoned but that's okay, really, because they're besties and do everything together. And then...Vegas happens.

Yeah.

Yeah. Vegas happened real hard (heh) a
Madeline ❤️ Romance Bibliophile ❤️
♥♥ 5 Friends-to-Lovers Stars ♥♥

This is one of my favorite reads recently. I've been on a huge sports romance binge, and this is definitely one of my favorites. Chase and Cassie have been best friends for nine years. Cassie is a successful businesswoman and Chase is a big star hockey player (tbh, hockey romances are completely my thing right now). They met in college and have stayed close over the years.

One of my favorite aspects of this book is Chase's point of view; he's always had a thing for
Alex
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, that just happened! This book was flipping awesome sauce! I feel like I got all my favorite parts of contemporary romance books I've ever read, and then some. The "bestfriends" (a word that is very frequent in this story) love story is new for me though, and I loved it.

Chase is a sexy, rough around the edges bad a$$ athlete. A terrific player, on and off the rink (hockey) but has a best friend who he can't help but love. And Cassie is a strong and brilliant career woman who knows what she
~Mandi~
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bad Reputation
Bad Boys of Sport #1
Nicole Edwards
4.5 Stars ✨

Another one that made it to my favorites list. A cute and sexy sports romance where What Happens in Vegas stays in Vegas isn't always the case. I love it when best friends turn into lovers. I can't wait to get my hands on more books by Nicole Edwards. She has a very easy to read writing style and you can get lost in her books right from the beginning.
Thanks NetGalley for the arc in exchange for my honest review.
Pam
Nov 13, 2017 marked it as arc-up-next
Copy kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept, via NetGalley, for an honest review.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Bad Reputation (Bad Boys of Sports #1) by Nicole Edwards is a sweet and easy digestible “friends-to-Lovers” novel.
As I previously read AND liked the “Unhinged” series by this author I was not surprised that I liked her writing style a lot. The characters are well developed and I really loved the natural feeling of the banter between Cassie and Chase.

Adorable is that everybody seems to see what those two are to blind to notice. Because if you take a close look – it is obvious that they are actu
Carvanz
Cassie and Chase have been best friends for ten years. Cassie has never thought to have more with Chase but he can’t say the same. Their relationship is relaxed, comforting and gives them both peace. When a trip to Vegas brings about some drunken decisions, this couple is left reeling. But it’s not what you may think. (Well, it is, but it isn’t.) There is an unexpected surprise that carried this story from predictable to intriguing.

I loved Chase and his inner monologues. He knew who he was and
Treena
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
I was given an ARC of this book by NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. Thank you NetGalley.

I think I was expecting more from this book --- sports romances are one of my favorite tropes --- but this story fell a little flat for me.

Chase, the H, isn't as much of an a-hole as the blurb makes him out to be. He's, in fact, a pretty darn nice guy. I loved that he has 2 dads and he's so proud of it. Cassie, I didn't like as much.

I wish there were more snark, more fun banter, more push-and-pu
Polly
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super tame for a Nicole Edwards book but still enjoyable.

Full review to come.
Rebecca
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
In a way, the title of the book, Bad Reputation, forces readers to head into Nicole Edwards’ latest release with a few preconceived notions about the hero, and these bias ideas are not necessarily a bad thing since Chase Barrett proves that he’s so much more than a label, especially one that doesn’t truly define the man that he is or how his best friend, Cassie Desrosiers, truly feels about the guy whose bullshit she doesn’t tolerate. But it is interesting to hear about and even witness slanted ...more
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

♫ I don't give a damn about your bad reputation ♫

I have been singing that song since this book turned up on my kindle weeks ago (I know, I changed the lyrics slightly but whatever!)

I am a sucker for a hockey book, but throw in a friends to lovers story and am all in.

I adored Chase and Cassie's relationship - in all forms! I love the bite and snark, and oh my gosh the sexual tension between them - you could cut it with a knife!

Now, as you read, it do
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

This friends to lovers, sports romance by Nicole Edwards was a really good read for me.

Chase and Cassie have been best friends since college and have always been there for each other. As Chase has worked his way into a "Bad Boy" of the NHL status and Cassie has worked her way up to executive status in the business world, they have always had each other to count on for fun, conversation, and sometimes to get rid of unwanted attention from the opposite sex. But they've been just friends, or so th
AJ
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 fun, sexy, friends-to-lovers stars

I really enjoyed this book! It’s fun, funny and seriously sexy with a bad-boy NHL player that you can’t help but love, and a gorgeous best-friends-to-lovers romance.

Chase and Cassie are best friends. He is the manwhoring bad boy of hockey – spending almost more time off the ice than on it, and she is the super-organised, successful career woman. Total opposites, but they have remained best friends since their college days. They fight and bicker, they laugh, te
Danielle
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the premise of this book but sadly it didn't live up to what I was hoping it would be. I felt like the first half of the book was a bit slow and then the last half was super rushed. I also didn't think there was much chemistry between Cassie and Chase. Also, I wasn't that big of a fan of Cassie.

All in all, a quick but okay read.
Lisa Sylva (The Book Bistro)
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chassie - BFF’s 4Eva

Have you read a Nicole Edwards novel? If not, you have to get with the times. I have been reading Nicole Edwards for at least 4 years now and the chemistry that lives in all her books are undeniable.

I can’t help but love the euphoric feeling of reading such a great book. Once your done reading it, you feel so fulfilled - you’re sad that it ended but your just elated that you had the chance to get your little paws on such a good read - Bad Reputation!

This book contains 2 mai
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Slap Shot (Aces Hockey #5)
  • Top Shelf (Aces Hockey, #3)
  • Score (San Francisco Thunder, #1)
  • Legend (Arizona Vengeance, #3)
  • Body Check (New York Blades, #1)
  • Hot Stuff
  • Playing Hurt (Aces Hockey, #6)
  • Cutslut (Devil's Renegade MC, #4)
  • Face Off (Nashville Sound, #1)
  • Irresistible You (Chicago Rebels, #1)
  • Erik (Arizona Vengeance, #2)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Game On (Aces Hockey, #8)
  • In It to Win It (Wynn Hockey, #2)
  • On the Line (Milwaukee Dragons, #1)
  • From That Moment (Promise Me)
  • Bishop (Arizona Vengeance, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
New York Times bestselling author Nicole Edwards launched her professional writing career in July of 2012. Having been an avid reader all of her life and a huge fan of creative writing, it seemed the likely path for her to take. Since then, she has released more than sixty books and has no plans to stop. As her full-time career/hobby, Nicole writes steamy contemporary and erotic romances.

Nicole is

Bad Boys of Sports (2 books)
  • Bad Business (Bad Boys of Sports, #2)

News & Interviews

“I want it so bad I can taste it. I’ve spent years wanting her, denying to myself and everyone else that I could have her if I tried. Because I didn’t want to lose the best thing in my life, I’ve never acted on it.
But I do want her. This. Us.
So fucking badly.”
2 likes
“I know what I want.
I want Cassie.
I want her with everything that I am.
And not merely her body either.
I want every piece of her. To have and to hold and to love for the rest of my damn life.
I’m not sure I could settle for anything less.”
2 likes