Start by marking “Moribund (Circuit Fae, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moribund (Circuit Fae, #1)

Moribund

(Circuit Fae #1)

High school sophomore Syl Skye is an ordinary girl. At least, she’s trying to be. School photographer and all-around geek, she introverts hard and keeps her crush on sexy-hot glam-Goth star Euphoria on the down-low. But when a freak accident Awakens her slumbering power, Syl is forced to accept a destiny she never wanted—as the last sleeper-princess of the fair Fae.

Suddenl
Published September 12th 2017 by Monster House Books

To ask other readers questions about Moribund, please sign up.
Genevieve Eldredge Yes, both heroines are gay. The book is about them kicking butt, taking names, and falling in love despite being mortal enemies. Thanks for asking! :)

Start your review of Moribund (Circuit Fae, #1)
Alice (MTB/Alice Tied The Bookish Knot)
I was part of the blog tour for the second book in the series (Ouroboros) and received free digital copies of that book plus Moribund for review! Let me say this readers, I was not disappointed by what I read. An action-packed start to a series that I am really looking forward to dive into further. The chapters switch between POVs of the two main characters Syl and Euphoria who attend the same school. Their worlds collide after a freak accident and a choice between staying alive or facing immedi ...more
Danielle's
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Light vs dark.
The dark fairies are struggling to hold onto the heart of their magic. Their solution is to spill the blood of the sleeper princess fairies. Rouen is a dark princess fairy. She doesn't want to help kill the sleeper princesses but has no choice. She is part of the circuit fae and to become free she must help destroy the sleeper princesses.

Syl is having a hard time at school. Her family have fallen out of favour. Syl doesn't have the money to keep up with her friends and unfortunat
Belinda
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gelezen-in-2018
4,25 stars English ebook - I have dyslexia. Review follows later. My grandson has to be born in a few weeks and I am Washing all his little clothes. ☺️😃☺️😃🦋🦋🦋
Lexxi Kitty
I'm fairly certain that I was by no means the target audience for this book involving two 16 year olds. I couldn't stand either point of view character. Not only did both of them mentally keep telling themselves to stop being either emo (dark fae) or 'whiny-pants' (summer fae), they super were. They weren't just being tough on themselves. If you made a list of the most angsty teens around, both would be near or at the top.

I understand that they were 16, but there were some much older people aro
Manon the Malicious
I was provided an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Moribund tells the story of Syl and Rouen. Syl is a simple sophomore in high school, except she got into an accident some weeks before the start of the story, which made her best friend turn on her somehow. She’s now a pariah at school.
Rouen is a dark fae, who is controlled by Agravaine, a meanie.

Though the world was pretty complex and original, I found it under explained and it felt like the whole setting part was rushed.
To me
Devann
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Parts of this were really cute but ultimately I think it was a bit too YA-ish for me to get fully immersed. I liked both the main characters, although I did find it hard to distinguish between their voices sometimes. The story is set up with each of them narrating every other chapter and sometimes I would have to stop for a second because I would literally forget who was narrating the chapter I was reading and get
Jo
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Lesbian faeries restoring the balance in the fae world while falling in love. I definitely wanted to love this, but its cliche and repetitive, “not-your-average-girl” sarcasm from both perspectives got old fast. Only good thing was two girls crushing on each other. I think this is a book I would have enjoyed in middle school because of the unique magic-world building and the romance, but there are so many small things (like micro-aggressions) that I cannot get past.

Rating: 2.5/5

What I liked:

-Tw
Erin Bales
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a book unlike any I've ever read. Been looking for some YA LGBTQIA urban fantasy? Well, look no further!

This book has a lot of strong points, but its strongest have to be the awesome characters and the crackling, adorkable romance between Syl and Rouen. Seriously, I could not stop squeeing. From the first moment they met, I was dying to see them give in to their feels for one another. Of course, there are plenty of obstacles in their way--coming at them from both outside and within--but
Christina Bauer
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, this book has freaking everything. I'm talking romance, adventure, fae, battles, and even more romance. What else do you want from a novel? Plus: At this very moment, the author GIE is suffering post-surgery on her shoulder because she's a freaking BLACK BELT WHO LIKES TO THROW HUGE GUYS OVER HER SHOULDER AND CRUSH THEM LIKE BUGS. No lie. I get vicarious advice from her Sensei and it's always spot-on. All of which is a long way of saying that if you like fight scenes where girls kick ass, no ...more
Hollow Well
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The main thing to know about this book is that it is a YA, lesbian romance, fantasy novel. So, you know, hooray-for-that and oh-well.

Hooray! - because the world is in need of more YA / lesbian oriented novels. (You'll be screaming, "Just kiss her, already!" at the characters.)

Oh-well - because, I most certainly am not the target audience for this novel. I am not so Y any more, and the voice of the characters in this novel are specifically geared towards a Dork-Diaries set. The main character is
Tiffany
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
So I admit, I was confused by the meaning of certain words..and they are used often and are def important to the plot (Grimmacle, Glamoury, heck even Moribund itself) yet I still enjoyed the story. It could definitely use more explanation, more back story, more history but I like the overall goal/what it attempted to be. It has potential but dang it I just couldn’t fully understand what was going on at all times and that def took away from the plot.
I’ll still read the sequel. :)
Arkham Reviews
Sep 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
Oh I wanted to like Moribund. I was attracted to it purely on the basis of it being both urban fantasy and LGBT. I like faerie stories and it's been so long since I last reviewed a novel with a lesbian protagonist. Unfortunately, it quickly became clear to me that Moribund and I weren't going to get along.

The world-building seems interesting a first but the author doesn't really do a lot with it. It's not explained exactly how the Moribund functions or even what happened to the fair fae. While t
Reija
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received and ARC of this book for review.

I found that this book really pays a lot of homage to the 90's and early 2000's female hero epics like Buffy (referenced plenty in the text) and even Xena to an extent. I got the intent, the tongue in cheek humor and cheesiness spicing up a story of believing in one self and of course love.

The thing is, even though I can see that the intent is there, I'm not so sure it worked very well.

First of all, this book is heavy on the 'tell' and not so much on th
Marie Anderson
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally, a YA book with lesbian characters that isn't a coming out story! I loved that, even though Syl and Euphoria face many challenges in their relationship (and are totally supposed to be mortal enemies), the main conflict isn't about them being gay. We need more normalization of gay and lesbian romance in YA!!

The book was also fast paced and full of fun dialogue. I am so excited to find a YA Urban Fantasy that stands alone and just so happens to have lesbian heroines. I am excited to read
Andrea
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of Moribund from Netgalley.

It is a good and intriguing story but I felt throughout the whole book that there was more potential to the story. The characters were well written and I could relate to them but some of the scenes like the fighting scene was a bit weak and could have been more. I'm not a big fantasy fan but I think for everybody who is into this genre they will love this book!

andreazupanc.wordpress.com
Karen (thefictioncorner)
"Because one second, one minute, one day can change your life"

2.5/5

Moribund switches perspectives between Syl Skye, the fair Fae sleeper-princess and Rouen Rivoche, the dark Fae princess and huntress. The dark Fae world is dying and in order to save it, Rouen is sent to kill all the sleeper-princesses to power their hearthstone.

On the other hand, Syl is unaware of her being the sleeper-princess. Recently, her entire world had been turned upside-down. The people who she thought were her friends
Rebecca Veight
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Syl is the "weird girl who lived" & now friendless, after an accident she can't remember. She has a bit of a crush on Euphoria, her favorite goth artist, who is actually a Dark Fae & her possible unbeknown enemy.

This book presents a very different kind of Fae, circuitry/technology mixed with Irish folklore. Constituting an enticing world which teases your curious nature so well, the more you learn, the more you thirst for. With the dual POVs of Syl & Rouen/Euphoria from the get go, we are gifted
Jerry Spaulding
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Short of it: A fun, smooth read that gives you a great story, fun actions, and excellent characters with depth. Very enjoyable, with a satisfying ending that will leave you wanting the next book.

The Long of it: As an old, straight white guy I am probably not the main target demographic for this book. But the summary really caught my eye and the kindle price was great. And I do love Urban Fantasy. I got way more than my money's worth out of this book.
I found it to be very well written with cl
J.L.
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: august-2018

Disclaimer: I consider the author a friend; however, I purchased a hardcopy version of this book for full price.

For all that I read urban fantasy and LGBT fiction, it surprises me that this is my first F/F urban fantasy -- and a young adult (YA) novel, at that. But if a book had to be my first, I'm pleased that this was it. It definitely took everything that I love about urban fantasy, LGBT fiction, AND young adult fiction and transformed them into something wonderful and fully engrossi
Della
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, oh my, oh my! I do believe in fairies, I do, I do, I do!
I just finished Moribund (Book 1 of the Circuit Fae) and cannot wait to complete the series. This is a YA urban fantasy romance involving Syl, a yet to be Awakened Fair Princess and Rouen, a Dark Fae and Huntress. Syl’s high school and fellow students become pawns to a dark fae infused with Moribund pushing her to find her inner power to try to save her corner of the world.

Genevieve Iseult Eldredge creates an intriguing and complex
Jasmine
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Moribund is a fascinating new take on typical fae stories. I have to say, the synopsis is what sucked me in, and the cover is gorgeous, so I knew I had to read this book.

Moribund is the tale of a shy, geeky sixteen year old girl named Syl who discovers a secret she didn't know she had. A secret her mom has been keeping from her for her entire life. She's one of the Summer Fae's Sleeper princesses, although she has no idea what that means. At least not right away.

Euphoria, Syl's glam-Goth crush,
Sinead Anja (Huntress of Diverse Books)
Check out my book blog for more book reviews and other bookish posts!

I received an ARC of Moribund from Netgalley. I decided to request this book because I loved the pose of the character on the cover, and the blurb was quite intriguing.

It’s #ownvoices for lesbian representation.

__

I thought I’d love this book. I really did. Thus, I was really disappointed that I absolute did not enjoy this ARC, not at all. It wasn’t a nice reading experience.

The writing is so repetetive. At times, I thought I wa
Liv Olteano
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I recommend Moribund to fans of original fae lore when it comes to their Urban Fantasy cravings, engaging stories about self-discovery while juggling almost-crushing responsibilities, and overcoming adversity in adrenaline-fueling life and death situations. It comes with a good serving of sweet and angstylicious FxF teen romance plus strong, kick-ass (and snarky-ish) heroines you’ll love both as a couple and on their own.
Kelly Knapp
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal, young-adult, alternative romance readers
Recommended to Kelly by: won as part of the Goodreads Firstreads giveaways
This story has two points of view, the first is a young girl named Syl and the other is a Dark Fae named Rouen (called Euphoria in the mortal world.) Syl and her former friend have survived an unsurvivable train accident that took scores of lives, but has no memory of the incident. Rouen is a dark Fae princess, who is forced to become a huntress as a punishment. What does she hunt? She hunts Fair Fae princesses who have not yet "awakened" to their place as royalty or their Fae powers. And Syl or ...more
Diane
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book review for Moribund, Circuit Fae Book one by Genevieve Iseult Eldredge
Publisher: Monster House Books, LLC (September 12, 2017), 300 pages, ASIN: B01MR7K3TN
website: https://www.girlyengine.com/
FaceBook: Genevieve Iseult Eldredge - Author
Twitter: @girlyengine
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/girlyengine/

THE CIRCUIT FAE
.5. Derailed - The Moribund Prequel Novella (Spring 2018)
1. Moribund (Fall 2017)
2. Ouroboros (Fall 2018)

I’ve been reading a lot of YA fantasy lately to be able to capably vo
On My Kindle BR
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I received a free copy of this book with the option of posting a review.

I think I was expecting one of the protagonists to grapple with the concept of their homosexuality but they didn't and I was glad! In all honesty, I was hoping it would be an awesome YA novel in which the author combined Fae magic with technology because the premise is unique and it sounded pretty awesome. I got what I wished for and then some!

I found myself instantly liking Syl and Euphoria; both were witty, geeky, sarcasti
Natty
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cheeky, heartfelt, full of magic and mayhem. How could you not love two female protagonists finding themselves and each other in a snarky angsty drama full of fun?
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!

I wanted to love this book, really I did. It has so much going for it, but it never quite came together for me.

Rouen is a dark fae, who is controlled by Agravaine, a meanie.While the characters did need a little more development and their vo
Colleen Corgel
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really, really enjoyed this book, and am glad I found it. I love that its a YA urban-fantasy that allows the readers to see the story from both our heroines' perspectives. Syl is your typical teenager, who tends to over react in a ton of ways, and her narration style reflects that. Rouen, on the other hand is a little more measured, but because she's also a youngster, she also has some pretty teen like moments.

I loved the concept of one part of faery needing to find another way to keep their
« previous 1 3 next »
Nook books: July 24, 2020 1 2 Jul 24, 2020 06:40PM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please update cover 6 33 Feb 23, 2017 04:51AM

• The Lighthouse (Five Island Cove, #1)
  • Broken (Tokyo Lost #1)
  • Good Enough to Eat (The Vampire Diet, #1)
  • A Death at Eastwick (The Eastwick Mansion Mysteries, #1)
  • The Queen of Ieflaria (Tales of Inthya, #1)
  • Queerleaders
  • Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle, Vol. 1
  • A Lily Blooms in Another World
  • ポーション頼みで生き延びます!5 (Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu!, #5)
  • Born Awakening (Born Succubus #1)
  • The Scapegracers (Scapegracers, #1)
  • The Cuckoo's Cry
  • Edge of Glory
  • Collared (Andy Carpenter, #16)
  • Politics of Magic (Ember Academy for Young Witches, #6)
  • Ethics of Magic (Ember Academy for Young Witches, #4)
  • Advanced Combat Magic (Ember Academy for Young Witches Book 5)
  • Basics of Spellcraft (Ember Academy for Young Witches, #1)
The FREE Moribund eSampler is live NOW!

website: https://www.girlyengine.com/
FaceBook: Genevieve Iseult Eldredge - Author
Twitter: @girlyengine
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/girlyengine/

Join GIE's newsletter at GirlyEngine Press and never miss a release: https://www.girlyengine.com/contact

Raised by witches and dragons in the northern wilds, GIE writes angsty urban fantasy YA roma

Circuit Fae (5 books)
  • Ouroboros (Circuit Fae, #2)
  • Inimical (Circuit Fae, #3)
  • Nemesis (Circuit Fae, #4)
  • Eidolon (Circuit Fae, #5)