Start by marking “Court of Vampires (The Shifter Prophecy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Court of Vampires (The Shifter Prophecy, #1)

Court of Vampires (The Shifter Prophecy #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  137 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Vampires and werewolves shouldn’t fall in love.

Lysandra was born for one reason; to kill shifters. Princess of vampires, the heir to Vlad Dracula’s throne and the last descendant of Princess Anastasia, Lysandra lives in a castle of witches and human slaves, engaged to a dark vampire prince and prophesied as the one who will end the war between vampires and werewolves forev
Published January 31st 2017 by Kindle Press

To ask other readers questions about Court of Vampires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Court of Vampires

(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Kindle Scout.)

“I am Grand Duchess Lysandra Romanova-Dracula. Princess of Vampires.”

This was a YA story about a vampire who fell in love with a werewolf.

Lysandra was a character who took risks, and at times I really wondered why she did. Taking a wolf into her bedroom to try and heal it seemed like a ridiculous plan, especially when the punishment if caught would be death!

The storyline in this was about Lysandra trying to heal an i
Yellagirlgc
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grand Duchess of the vampires and the Prince of wolves...

I really enjoyed reading Court of Vampires. Lysandra being a vampire and Lisar a wolf meant nothing to the two of them. Unfortunately wolves and vampires are mortal enemies. Lyssa (Lysandra) had a mind of her own even though her actions meant death. Lisar often brought a smile to my face with his silliness. I could relate to dealing with dysfunctional families, love and wanting to live your own life. At the end of the book I wasn't happy b
Mandy
I received a Court of Vampires from Kindle Scout.

Lysandra has just spent the last four years in Russian training to be a werewolf slayer. A prophecy has predicted that she would bring the end to the werewolves but she's not sure if that's what she really wants anymore. She dreams of ruling the castle in Russian that is rightfully hers even though they can't return.

When the werewolves attack the castle the fighting breaks out between the two powerful races. While headed to her room as she's bee
Montzalee Wittmann
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Court of Vampires (The Shifter Prophecy #1) by Megan Linski is a great paranormal, fantasy book! If you like vamps, weres, shifters, magic, and romance thrown in, this is the book for you. It has it all plus action, adventure, and intrigue. What more does a fantasy reader need? Great read.
Jennifer Showalter -  MAMA Bookasaurus
RATING: 3.8 Stars REVIEW: I was incredibly pumped to see how the cornucopia of ideas would coalesce into a delicious novel. Combining vampires, werewolves, witches and european history? Yes, please.The ideas were solid, but the delivery needs work.

The mechanics of the relationships was odd and inorganic. First, the humans are suppose to be "less than" but Lysandra's servant goes to school with her. Lidia does not act like a servant, but a petulant step sister.

She's hung out reading magazines, g
Lulu // RoadsideReader
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed-2018
Originally reviewed at RoadsideReader

I feel as though I keep trying for vampire books and I keep getting disappointed. Maybe I should take a break? Court of Vampires by Megan Linski seemed like it would be a fun vampire/werewolf YA story. Maybe just a cheesy angsty romance. That is legitimately what I went into it expecting. And yet, I still found myself looking forward to being done with this book rather than how the story would unfold.

Though I doubt anyone will go into Court of Vampires expect
Megan (Under the Book Cover)
Review also posted at: http://underthebookcover.blogspot.com...

4.5/5

Thank you to Megan Linski and Amazon Kindle Press for providing me with a copy of this book!

When I heard that Megan Linski had a new book that was up for voting for possible publication with Kindle Press from Amazon, I immediately voted for it and continued to vote for it daily until the voting period ended. It's not a secret that I'm a huge fan of Megan Linski's books, and no, it's not just because we share the same name- that
Susie
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Susie by: Kindle Scout
*Received for free via the Kindle Scout program*

After coming straight off the back of a different vampire story, I wasn’t too sure how I’d take this. It’s taken me more than a year to get around to reading it, too, what with other commitments. But, having read it, I’m wondering what took me so long!

There’s some typical “American Teen” action in here, in the attitudes of the young characters, the jealousy, the boisterousness. Lisar reads like that jock you see in US TV shows, all cocky and self-
Sara Fitzgerald
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I love this take on not only the history of Vampires but also a little history of the Russian royal family. The story of Grand Duchess Anastacia has always fascinated me and this story gives a great twist to the tale.
I love that this is not just another Vampires vs Werewolf story but possibly the story of start crossed lovers with a touch of Madman Rulers.
Cannot wait to read book 2
Teri
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Vamps, Shifters and more come to life in this book making it a great read. I love a good paranormal romance when I can get it and this one fits the bill. With a few twist and turns you don't see coming along with the mayhem and chaos caused by betrayal and Lysandra stepping outside of the lines. Lysandra has no idea what has changed while she was gone and when she returns finds out nothing is what it seems. Great ending leading to the next book.
Teya Peck
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I'm surprised I waited so long to read this book. It was well written and I felt I was right in the middle of the journey. I don't know why I'm so fascinated with vampire books, but this one in incredible. It even had a taste of the real reason there are vampire books out there from the man Vlad the impaler. Anyway, so good and I am grabbing the next book right now!
Maria Zubrod
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I couldn’t finish this book. I loved the idea of it and the storyline but the written dialogue was awful! It was so childish and simple.
Robert Ullrich
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Worthwhile read

Interesting twist to an old story. Vampires that are more human like and variations on the Werewolves, too. Easy reading and entertaining.
Ashley Martinez
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Court of Vampires

A thrilling forbidden romance that was hard to put down. I was instantly transported to a different world as soon as I opened the first page. I loved the characters and the storyline. Although, werewolves and Vampires fighting are nothing new it wasn't quiet like your typical werewolf vs vampire novel. I would've liked more originality though and am hoping to find more in the books to come.
The book was still very enjoyable and had me on the edge of my seat.
I'm definitely excite
Virginia Lee
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a new twist to vampires and werewolves conflict then you will really enjoy this book. We meet to characters that are carrying a lot of burden and responsible on their shoulders. What do you do when you have been told all your life you will be responsible for ending the line? What happens when Alpha prince meets the vampire princess that was never meant to be together? Can’t wait to see what happens in the next book highly recommend this book for all paranormal lovers
Miranda ❤️
I've been on a paranormal romance kick lately. The whole genre in itself is magical and exciting. There's the whole sense of what if and not wanting to stop reading, and I love that feeling. Court of Vampires lived up to all of my expectations and more!

I have so many passages highlighted on my Kindle, too many to share here. Pretty much after highlighting practically every other page, I came to the conclusion that THE WHOLE BOOK IS GREAT! It was fun, magical, enlightening & filled to the br
Claudia Benitez
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am an avid reader, and enjoy paranormal. In the hundreds of books that I have read, I never read a romance between a werewolf and a vampire. The book was well written and kept me engaged. The plot was always evolving and there was so many obstacles for this strange Romeo and Juliet Couple. Can't wait to see if Lissy finally finds Lisar and maybe they can have their true happy ending. Thank you Kindle Unlimited and the Author for allowing the book to be part of the subscription.
Valerie Jondahl
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not your run-of-the mill paranormal read. The author puts her own twist on vampires and werewolves. The romance is very sweet and develops slowly over the course of the book. The characters, both lead and secondary are so well developed the reader fells she knows them. The world these characters live in pulls you from the start and it's hard to come back to the real world. I highly recommend this book.
Ksandra
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 Stars

I signed up for Megan Linksi's newsletter months ago, and when she announced that this book was being put on Kindle Scout, I decided to check it out. And I am quite happy that I did!

Everyone knows the general story of vampires vs. werewolves. However, Megan brings a refreshing new dynamic to this plot line. Vampires are not immortal creatures unless they drink human blood. If they do, they become Cursed Ones-- those vampires closer to the most well known vampires. Werewolves aren't ac
Fran
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! This book had a new twist to an old tale. like the movie underworld with the vampire and wolf falling in love but with far more complications.
Lysandra is the princess of the dracula line. She is young and talented and like most young people very idealistic and following that path without thinking which leads to what seems like destruction. She is also the destined one, the lady of the prophecy, to end the shifter line.
Enter Lisar, the prince of the wolves and next alpha.
Rose Anna
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good start of new series in Kindle Scout

I chose to read this book in Kindle Scout. I don't usually read vampire stories but have to say that I really enjoyed this. I did not know that it ended in a cliffhanger since I usually try to avoid them.

I think the writing, characters and story line was well developed and quite different. Recommend this book.
Azusa
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star's
Julianne Johnson
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

A real page turner once you get a bit into it. An intetesting take on the vampires and werewolves romance genre.
Apr 01, 2017
Richlin Thompson
rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Megan Linski is the owner of Gryfyn Publishing and has had a passion for writing ever since she completed her first (short) novel at the age of 6. Her specializations are romance, fantasy, and contemporary fiction for people aged 14-24. When not writing she enjoys ice skating, horse riding, theatre, archery, fishing, and being outdoors. She is a passionate advocate for mental health awareness and ...more
More about Megan Linski

The Shifter Prophecy (4 books)
  • Den of Wolves (The Shifter Prophecy, #2)
  • War of Witches (The Shifter Prophecy, #3)
  • Heir to Russia (The Shifter Prophecy, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Perdido Street Station (New Crobuzon, #1)
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“You don’t get a choice with who you bond with. But even given a choice, I wouldn’t have made the connection with anyone else.” 1 likes
“Death. Life. Both mean nothing in the absence of love.” 0 likes