Start by marking “Dirty Little Secrets (Likely Story #2)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Little Secrets (Likely Story #2)

Dirty Little Secrets

(Dirty Deeds #2)

Revenge might be cold . . .

Xander Dade has a deep-seated regret, and the nomadic decade he’s spent doling out justice as a computer hacker hasn’t helped ease his conscience. Ever since Charlie McGovern was asked to leave the specialized revenge-for-hire business called Dirty Deeds, the curvy blonde bombshell has been stuck in his head. And now that the talented thief is be
Published June 27th 2017 by Lyrical Underground

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Little Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Little Secrets

Peggy Jaeger
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing

AJ Nuest’s lastest book DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS is a scorcher! I was given an advanced ARC of this book from Netgalley and boy-oh-boy am I glad I was! Characters that jump off the page; dialogue that’s quick and witty; sensual scenes that are hot enough to burn. All these things are wrapped up in the pages of this book.

Xander ( X-Ray) has made a career of hacking bad guys. A secret from his past weighs heavily on him, though. When he’s made aware his mentor and one of his old friends has been murde
Book Lover
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Xander Dade is an IT genius. He has made a living doling out justice with his hacking ability. Once a living on the streets, scrawny, geek, he is now a very wealthy, muscled, MMA badass.

Charlie McGovern is a curvy (love this!) blonde bombshell. Since leaving Malcolm’s house, she has gotten by the best she could. Now she has stolen from the wrong person and finds herself being followed by multiple people.

Xander and Charlie connect again when he goes to tell her Malcolm and Viv are dead. Xander
Tracie R
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
Dirty Little Secrets is book two in the Likely Story series and it is another great addition. I really enjoyed these characters and loved the story bring on book 3.
Tami
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, nuest-a-j
3.5

Nice contemporary romance.

Dawn Herring
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was completely blown away by this book and these characters. The story is full of intrigue that kept me guessing until the very end, and the way things played out felt (painfully) realistic instead of contrived. But my favorite thing was the characters. They have the kind of backstory that I love, and they are both so likeable. And the chemistry...it gave me actual chills. I am so excited to have found this new-to-me author. I enjoyed this story so much that I went to Amazon and bought the fir ...more
Becky
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Charlie and Xander are, so far, my faves. Charlie's capacity to love, even after the terrible abusive childhood she lived, and Xander's willingness to wait as long as he did for the woman he loved melted my heart. The suspence and intrigue kept me glued to the pages and the hot, steamy scenes will melt your panties. I highly recommend not just this book but each book in the series. I can't wait for the next one!
Kari Lemor
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love it when I find another new author who hits all the right buttons for me. AJ Nuest is one! Just finished her second book in her Likely Story series (that I got from Net Galley since it's not out yet) and it was as amazing as the first. Maybe better. Nuest is the kind of writer who pulls you right into the story and doesn't let go. The characters from this book and the first (Dirty Deeds) have quite a nasty background but it makes them stronger and more resilient. And when they find the rig ...more
Terri Rochenski
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review*

Ms. Nuest kicks ass. What else can I say? Her Likely Story series in this second installment is living up to the first--and I want MORE.

Unique plot, characters with baggage and attitude, snarky dialogue and hot sex, Dirty Little Secrets has it all. I loved, too, how Ms. Nuest brings back the characters from book one to make an appearance so we're kept in the loop about their HEA.

If you're in the mood for an engaging suspenseful read with a
Mercedes
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it
A good mystery suspense romance.
Good characters,drama intrigue and romance.
Enjoyed reading.
India Caedmon
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*FTC Disclaimer: I received a copy of Dirty Little Secrets from AJ Nuest in exchange for an honest review. I have in no way been influenced by the author and/or publisher's generosity. You can't fake these stars, baby!

Original review posted at NDP Book Review.

A hacker and a thief. Ay caramba this geekfest is h-o-t. Give me a mojito and let’s get this party started! (And if you know me, this is quite a request because I am allergic to alcohol… but really… #ItsAThing.)

Let’s get one thing straight:
Bec

Charlie McGovern is a talented thief, but after she steals something she shouldn't have, she makes a powerful enemy. Luckily, her long-lost friend, Xander Dade, re-enters her life and is determined to help her in any way he can. However, the secrets Charlie is keeping are too great. Can she trust Xander with the truth, so they can have a shot at happy ever after; or will her desire to keep her secrets end up getting her into trouble she may not be able to get out of?

What a wild and thrilling rid
Auria Jourdain
* I received an ARC for an honest review

Secrets... romance... and even more suspense! As the second novel in the Likely Story series, AJ Nuest has proven once more that she's made to write suspense. Not only did we get to hear from some of our favorite characters from the last book (ahem, Mocha), Xander and Charlie are such likeable characters, you can't help rooting for their HEA.

A friends to lovers story (one of my favorite tropes), Dirty Little Secrets continues where Deeds left off... and t
Gina Roberts
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of HEAs and great adventure
Whoever said vengeance is best served cold never met Xander Dade!

Not only does AJ Nuest provide a new hottie for her readers to drool over, she does so with great action and laugh out loud humor. While she’s at it, she expands on the history of Dirty Deeds, the vengeance for hire business X is associated with.

It is his history with Dirty Deeds, and the events in the first book of this wonderful series, that puts X in the middle of a situation that endangers the woman who owes his life to and has
Shakera
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Xander and Charlie are on separate missions that could come back to haunt them. They have known each other for a long time and Xander has loved her from the beginning. Coming together after Malcolm’s death is a perfect time to reveal your feelings for each other, but it may come at a cost. Someone is after Charlie due to her latest heist and someone wants revenge against Xander. Could they be connected? Can they help each other? Will love prevail? As they race against time to find out who is aft ...more
Kathi
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another thrilling episode of this engaging and unique series!!

I recommend you read “Dirty Deeds” first, not because you will necessarily be “lost” but because it is such a great book and will add you your enjoyment of this one; and you will definitely enjoy this one. Once again we delve into the lives of those who were “rescued” and trained by Malcolm. Unfortunately he only ultimately keeps the top 3.

Xander was one of those top 3 but now needs to find Charlie, who did not make the cut, but has
Sharon
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Xander and Charlie…what once was, could it be again? And just what the heck has Charlie gotten herself into? And will Charlie let Xander help her? And will Charlie’s heart of gold be her downfall? And as for Xander, who else will he discover is dead? This is another story by AJ Nuest that I could not put down. Such a well-written story that puts you right in the hot seat along with Charlie and Xander. You cannot help but get involved with this story. It takes you to the top, takes you down, let’ ...more
Dixie Brown
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Five stars is simply not enough! I love a sexy, strong, uber-talented, and loyal hero, which is exactly what I found in Xander ~ about as far from a nerdy computer hacker as you're ever going to find, X is hot, hot, hot!! DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS sucked me into the world of revenge for hire on the first page, and I literally could not put this book down. X has found his match in Charlie, the curvy girl from his past who has owned his heart forever. Charlie is street-wise and formidable...defini ...more
Cheryl
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Xander and Charlie are absolutely adorable together. I wanted to wrap my arms around both of them. I shouldn't feel surprised when one of Ms Nuest's many strengths is solidly developing her characters.
Let's talk about plot twists. WOW! There were several throughout the story but the one at the end of the book knocked me back on my heels and made me feel as if I was gut punched. I never saw this coming. As always, nice work AJ.
Patti
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Xander and Charlie's paths cross and the pages scorch! The revenge for hire business can be overloaded with deep secrets which can make or break anyone or anything. Jump into this book to be swamped in steamy intrigue and mystery. This is guaranteed to keep you glued to the pages to find out the conclusion! A definite must read, thus voluntary review is based against an advance copy.
Pat
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline with likeable characters that pulled me right into their story from page one and kept me hooked until the turn of the very last page!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Treena
Apr 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Thank you to NetGalley! I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

DNF at 35%

I just didn't like the writing style. Sorry.
Cathy Geha
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dirty Little Secrets by AJ Nuest
Likely Story #2

Xander is a hunky nerd and his business is to get revenge and makes things right for those who have been harmed. He has been trained by the best and has a small group he is close to although he doesn’t see them often. The book begins with him doing what he does best before hightailing it off the premises before having to deal with authorities. Shortly thereafter he is contacted by one of his friends about the death of their mentor, given a funeral t
Laura Hannaway
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

This was a very enjoyable edge-of-your-seat thrill-fest with engaging characters and a riveting plot!

The central couple knew one another as adolescents but haven't seen one another in a decade. Their reunion is sparked by the aftermath of events that occurred in the previous book in this series, Dirty Deeds (these events are smoothly and concisely explained so you don't have to have read it).

I liked an awful lot about this story. In all honesty the only thing stopping me from giving i
Rachel Humphries
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I hadn't read anything by this author until I read Dirty Deeds, book 1 which is a must read, but I really enjoyed that story so jumped at the chance to read an ARC of this book through Netgalley.

I definitely wasn't disappointed! I love a romance book with a healthy dose of suspense thrown in & that's exactly what you get with this book. I absolutely loved that the female lead wasn't your typical skinny minny & the chemistry between the characters just poured off the page. So glad I found
Jenncw
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good follow up to Dirty Deeds

Dirty Little Secrets was a solid book. The layers of secrets peeled back at a good pace to hold interest. Charlie and Xander were great characters who had depth and strong development. If Dirty Little Secrets wasn't quite the powerhouse of brilliant originality that was Dirty Deeds, it still entertained.
Christine Woinich
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-book
This is a steamy love story with danger lurking around the corner. The chemistry between Xander and Charlie is strong and happens fast. These two will do anything for each other. I really enjoyed reading this story and did not want to put it down. This is the second in a series but the books stand alone although characters come and go from the other book. I look forward to the next installment.

I received a copy of this book through Netgalley, and this is my unsolicited review.
Michelle Eriksen
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dirty Little Secrets is book two of this series and turned out to be just as sexy and intrigueing as the first book. Just when you think you know what's going to happen Ms. Nuest throws you a curve so the pages fly by. Great story.
Chele
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story, suspenseful and edge of my seat reading , I was all jittery and angry and excited and I recommend this book to all
5 stars
Chele
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars
Dawn
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Xander and Charlie, a computer hacker and secrets all come together in this second of the series to keep the reader engrossed in this tale. Page turner to the end to see how the tale unfolds.
Ebook from netgalley and publishers with thanks. Opinions are entirely my own.
Multi-published, award winning author, AJ Nuest resides in a small farming community in NW Indiana. A wife, mother and freelance editor, she shares her home with a variety of spoiled-rotten pets. She and the cat are currently vying for dictatorship.

Dirty Deeds (3 books)
  • Dirty Deeds (Likely Story, #1)
  • Down and Dirty (A Likely Story)