Start by marking “Heart of the Sky” as Want to Read:
Heart of the Sky

Heart of the Sky

From the internationally bestselling author of The Homestead Girls and Red Sand Sunrise comes this heartfelt story of friendship, forgiveness and love.

A year after a tragic accident changed her life forever, Tess Daley is in desperate need of a change. When she is offered a position with the Flying Doctor Service, she seizes the opportunity to make a fresh start. Yet once
Published January 30th 2017 by Penguin Books Australia

To ask other readers questions about Heart of the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of the Sky

Start your review of Heart of the Sky
Brenda
Tess Daley knew she needed to get away from Coffs Harbour, the town on NSW’s east coast where she had known such happiness. Now as the twelve month anniversary of her husband Victor’s death approached, she couldn’t bear the thought of being in the place they had both loved so much. So when she saw the opportunity of the position of Breast Care Nurse with the Flying Doctor Service in the remote NSW outback town of Mica Ridge, she jumped at the chance.

Soretta Byrnes owned the beautiful homestead
Jenny
Heart of the Sky is the story of the men and women of Mica Ridge Flying Doctor Service and Blue Hills a beautiful rural property short distance out of town. Tess Daley and Charlie Fennes both had agenda for joining up at the Mica Ridge Flying Doctor Serice, and the readers of Heart of the Sky will follow Tess and Charlie's journey.

I love reading Heart of the Sky and the way Fiona McArthur intertwine four main plots throughout the book. Fiona McArthur portrays her characters in a way that the
Cookie1
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.
Suzanne
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay fiction that is built heavily on new projects underway in Australia to support outback women and their families in the throes of dealing with breast cancer. The importance of agencies like the Jane McGrath Foundation and the Flying Doctor Service are lifelines to the many who face this disease.
Joy Burke
Beautiful story I couldn't put the book down.

Seen the advertisement in another magazine and taught it would be a good reader. I would recommend this book to fr I ends.
Vicki Robe
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book and could relate to bringing change into your life as a way of healing from bad times. Also a change of people in your life can help rejuvenate.
Susan
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn't realise until I'd started reading that Heart of the Sky was a companion to The Homestead Girls. It was great to get more about the main characters from that but at the same time get more depth on the other minor characters. Also was introduced to a new character and the background of her story.
I can see that the author may come back yet again to Mica Ridge for more and I would enjoy that too.
Great mix of RFDS action, outback life & romance to keep me engaged.
Julene Matthews
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly written story weaving a breast care nurse, flying doctors and pilots and remote farmers in an outback setting.
There are romances, family reunions and dramas as well. The setting makes this story as it is so well described, so is the idea of a small community all relying on each other.
Sandra
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I found this book to be a little slow. I enjoyed the story of life on the land, but it was just slow going. I kept expecting something major to happen, and when something did happen, it was kind of anti-climactic. I like to support our Aussie authors, but this book was a bit of a let down.
Kel
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this one whilst travelling, was alright but still not a big fan of this author
Sharon
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
To be honest, I found it to be dull and boring. Nearly put it down unfinished but due to a lack of magazines to read, found myself picking it up and reading it bit by bit.
Sam Still Reading
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people looking for a great Aussie story
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: love Fiona McArthur's books
Fiona McArthur’s novels are always a heart-warming read for me, as I know that there will be tears, sadness but ultimately a joyful ending. Heart of the Sky is no exception to this, and it also has the added bonus of reuniting the reader with the women of The Homestead Girls. There are also what I’d consider to be two main characters in the novel, but they’re not the hero and heroine. It’s the story of two women, one familiar to the reader and one not, who find joy in unexpected places.

The first
Jul 04, 2019
Donna Tucker
Aug 28, 2017
lyn lendvay
rated it did not like it
Mar 12, 2019
rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Six Ways to Sunday
  • Where the River Runs (Detective Dave Burrows)
  • Talk Of The Town
  • Someone Like You
  • Suddenly One Summer (Detective Dave Burrows)
  • Lost Without You
  • The Long Paddock (Woodlea, #1)
  • Daughter of Mine
  • The Call of the Pines
  • Birthright
  • Along Country Roads
  • The Brothers of Brigadier Station (Brigadier Station #1)
  • Fool's Gold (Detective Dave Burrows)
  • If Wishes Were Horses
  • Come Rain Or Shine
  • Take Me Home (Bindarra Creek A Town Reborn #1)
  • The Last Paradise
  • Elsa's Stand (Outback Brides Book 3)
Fiona McArthur has worked as a midwife for thirty years. She is the clinical midwifery educator inner rural maternity unit and teaches emergency obstetric strategies while working with midwives and doctors from remote and isolated areas.

Fiona has written more than thirty romances, which have sold over two million copies in twelve languages. She has been a midwifery expert for Mother and Baby