Start by marking “Notes of the Past (Lightning Strikes #2)” as Want to Read:
Notes of the Past (Lightning Strikes #2)

Notes of the Past (Lightning Strikes #2)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
I love women.

And it's easy to see why. Being the lead guitarist for the country's hottest band, Lightning Strikes, has them practically jumping into my bed and walking out the door just as quick. Which is perfect for me. Emotions complicate things, and I don't do complicated.

Not anymore.

Sure, I was in love once, and it was great. Then it was gone. That's when I vowed nev

To ask other readers questions about Notes of the Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notes of the Past

Fre06 Begum
Vintage
I should have listened.

I did, however, dislike it for different reasons.

(view spoiler)
Amy
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Redemptive Stars!!

“Hard truths aren’t always easy to swallow.”

“You’re the song of my heart, the lyrics of my life. Every note I play is for you.”

Ever since I finished Serenading The Shadows, I have been hoping that we would get Myles story. Despite having some epic douche worthy moments, I knew that he had a story to tell, and if we got a chance to read it, it would be totally worth it. And boy am I glad that Jodie Larson decided to tell Myles’ story.

Notes of the Past is told from dual point
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog

Notes was my first book by Ms. Larson and it's the second in the Lightening Strikes series but can be read as a standalone.

Myles and Tatum were high-school sweethearts. Actually, more like sweethearts of the playground, it's been so long. They grew up together. Learning about music and dreams and love together. Together with Kade, Breck and Pax, they were going to be the next big band to take over the air waves.

They were the stuff dreams were made of, until she disappeared from his li
Wendy
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This was my first read by Jodie Larson and I liked it. It is the second in a series but can be read as a standalone. Myles is the guitarist of the band Lightning Strikes. He is the fun playboy of the band. Though he is having fun and tries to live a simple life, he harbors a broken heart. Tatum is the girl that broke his heart. When these two are brought back into each other’s lives, what will happen?

I did enjoy this story. Myles was a little hard to like in the beginning because of his actions
Liz
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A second chance at love story.

Myles and Tatum were in love and happy. Then one day she walked away and never looked back. Myles was devastated. When his band finally made it big, after years of hard work and dedication, they finally had everything they wanted.

But his life was empty. The parade of woman and alcohol were only numbing his life away. Then she started showing up at his shows? Was he imagining it?

Can Myles and Tatum find a way to move forward and admit their feelings? Or will life
Sunny Shelly Reads
Notes Of The Past is a great second chance romance story, featuring a sexy, smoldering, manwhore and the woman who broke his heart nearly a decade ago. It's a popular (and favorite!) trope, but I've never read a story where the two are forced to share close quarters on a tour bus before. My, the sparks ignite!

Myles and Tatum were childhood sweethearts, and shared such a special connection, they never in a million years thought that they would be apart. But Tatum backed away, completely disappear
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: missy
Myles Donovan is living his dream. He’s the lead guitarist of Lightning Strikes, a band whose music is sitting at the top of the charts and they’re playing on a sold-out tour across the country. Women fall at his feet—one, two, four at a time. What more could Myles want? Love isn’t for him…he’s been there, done that. He is happy. Happy. Until one night, he spots a familiar face in the crowd. Tatum Mitchell—his first love, his girl. His girl that broke his heart years ago. Tatum was who he lived ...more
Bobbie Stanley
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Music is life.  Like really.  So every time a music related novel comes up, I jump at the chance to read it.  I was prepared to absolutely love this book, and while I liked it, I can't say that it's one I loved so much that I'm likely to read it again.  There is nothing technically wrong with the book.  There weren't any major plot holes.  The writing style was easy to follow and engaging.  I even liked the way the story flowed.  It reminds me of movies that I love to watch.  Knowing all that, y ...more
Beverly Fischer
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved it! Even though it is book #2 in a series, and I did not read the first, I don't think it is necessary. I thought the book was an easy read. It's a story about two people, Myles and Tatum, and their broken relationship that still has a special place in their hearts. The book goes back and forth from Myles and his feelings to Tatum and her feelings. I liked reading his thoughts and then hers. Myles is the bad boy, which is intriguing, but he has a soft spot for Tatum despite th ...more
Konny
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Notes Of The Past by Jodie Larson is the second installment in The Lightning Strikes Series.
For better understanding you should read book one, Serenading the Shadows (Lightning Strikes #1) , first.
Meet Myles Donovan, the lead guitarist of Lightning Strikes. Myles is a cynic who doesnt do relationships or romantic feelings.
And there is Tatum Mitchell, the girl who broke his heart, vanished and is now back.
Tatum and Myles have this crazy chemistry and rare connection.
But can he forgive old mistak
Kate Farlow
Y'all. This book.

NotP is the second book in JL's Lightning Strikes series, and while I haven't read book one, I hella loved book two (& promptly went and one-clicked book one).
So, so good y'all.
Seriously, I flipped through these pages at a break-neck speed, and then I went back and read it again, slowly. The second time around, I enjoyed it a bit more. I really sat down, and picked apart the layers, and I really liked what I found. JL's characters have a beautiful, and believable depth to t
Shawn
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Myles is an a$$hole! Tatum is prideful! I wondered if these two would be able to put that aside and actually listen to each other and be honest with each other. Their hot and cold made me want to hit them both upside the head at one point or another. Then it happens, they morph into the people they were meant to be!

Jodie has a unique talent to pulls you in with the music just like in her first book.
Carrie Zagzebski
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jodie! This is your best book yet! Wow! This is a story I got lost in and read almost in a day. It's my favorite of all your books!
Love N. Books
ellie's $0.02:

I swooned. I really did swoon.

It's not a secret that I love rock stories. Like as in rock stars. Not rocks. That would be a geology book, wouldn't it? I'm not a geologist. Although I am a gemologist. That's a true story. And I like diamonds.

Oh, sorry about that tangent.

Took me a little time to find Jodie Larson, but now that I have, she's stuck with me. Be forewarned.

So about the book.

Myles. Good fucking God he was a douchebag at times. And at several points in time I seriously qu
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)

Notes From the Past is a second chance at love story between two high school sweethearts and soulmates that lost their way. They say it is better to have loved and lost then to never loved at all. Tell that to Myles Donovan, lead guitarist for the hottest band in the country, Lightning Strikes.

Myles has worked hard for the past five years with his bandmates to get where they are today. His band is on top of the world. They are successful, touring the country and there is a rotating line
Tina Lynne
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah. What a second chance story! Notes of the Past is a beautiful story of second chances and the mess it can be. So often we see couples jumping straight in and everything being perfect, but in this story, Larson shows the messy side of a broken heart and chance at reconciliation. Tatum and Myles are electric. There is something between them that cannot be denied. So much passion between two people has the ability to go two ways. We see a bit of both in this book. Myles swings from anger to hurt ...more
Bec
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm really surprised at the low ratings for this book. I absolutely loved it.

I wasn't too sure about the first book in the series and it took me a long time to get into it ( and I was very glad I stuck with it) but this one grabbed me right away. I understand entirely why Tatum did what she did, even though it made my heart break right alongside hers. Myles is a lovely, complex character, a damaged soul, you can feel the hurt seeping out of him. The story flows along very well, and throws up a
Taranjit Sidhu
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Since seeing the blurb for the book, I knew I had to read it. You could already feel the angst from those few short paragraphs. I didn’t like Myles at all in the beginning due to his behavior but Jodie did a great job at portraying their story and allowing us to see their choices and the reasons behind them and learning why he was the way he was. I really felt for Tatum and her story allows us to understand Myles as well. The author did a great job at keeping me interested throughout the story.

Gretchen Anderson
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book a lot. I love rock star romances, especially when I feel like the author captured the different sides of what it must be like to call a bunch of the shots, but not all of them, to be adored by millions, but still lonely. The love scenes are steamy and plentiful and even though there is history there, it still isn't instantaneous that they get together. The only reason I gave it 4 and not 5 stars is that I wish t
Molly
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can I just say YES!!!! I picked up this book not having read the first and not really knowing what to expect. Was I blown away? Absolutely! The characters and story is so well defined that the second I picked up this book I needed to know more and I didn't want to stop. Jodie took me on a magical ride between 2 people that I grew very fond of. Some of the ride is bumpy and other parts are smooth sailing. However, every part of it is worth it!
Kristen
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When the second book in the series hits you harder than the 5 star first book... Yep. Myles Donovan. I hated him and LOVED him. Jodie Larson gives you everything you never knew you needed in Myles.
Megan Green
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Favorite Jodie Larson book to date! Can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!
Jessica Inman
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jodie does it to me again!!! I fell so hard after reading Serenading the Shadows that I knew I needed more. Myles is a typical asshole but he kept me coming back again and again!
Katie Monson
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found Jodie and her books a little over a year ago when I read Lessons of the Heart. I fell deeply in love with her writing and how effortlessly I was able to read her magical words. I fell even harder when I read Serenading the Shadows because not only are Rockers "my thing" but Kade was to die for... swooning all over the place! When Notes of the Past came out it was a no brainer for me, I knew that I was going to need more of the Lightning Strikes band.

What can I possibly say at about Myles
Mar 21, 2017
Marcy
May 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Reading is a passion of mine. My love for the written word was rekindled a few years ago, and it's been a blessing to discover everything that is out there. I love a good romantic book, one filled with swoon-worthy heroes and the women who drive them crazy. There aren't too many genres I won't read (sorry horror and scary stories, you still give me nightmares). As long as it drags me into the worl ...more
More about Jodie Larson...

Lightning Strikes (2 books)
  • Serenading the Shadows (Lightning Strikes #1)