Start by marking “Notes of the Past (Lightning Strikes #2)” as Want to Read:
Notes of the Past (Lightning Strikes #2)

Notes of the Past

(Lightning Strikes #2)

I love women, but never for more than one night.

That's the rule I live by now. No more messy emotions. Just in and out. Sure, some may think that makes me an asshole, but they know the game when they crawl into my bed. It's never about love.

Been there, done that. No thanks.

With the band racing up the charts and a different woman warming my bed every night, I'm completel
Published (first published March 11th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Notes of the Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notes of the Past

Start your review of Notes of the Past (Lightning Strikes #2)
Fre06 Begum
Vintage
I should have listened.

I did, however, dislike it for different reasons.

(view spoiler)
Amy
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Redemptive Stars!!

“Hard truths aren’t always easy to swallow.”

“You’re the song of my heart, the lyrics of my life. Every note I play is for you.”

Ever since I finished Serenading The Shadows, I have been hoping that we would get Myles story. Despite having some epic douche worthy moments, I knew that he had a story to tell, and if we got a chance to read it, it would be totally worth it. And boy am I glad that Jodie Larson decided to tell Myles’ story.

Notes of the Past is told from dual point
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog

Notes was my first book by Ms. Larson and it's the second in the Lightening Strikes series but can be read as a standalone.

Myles and Tatum were high-school sweethearts. Actually, more like sweethearts of the playground, it's been so long. They grew up together. Learning about music and dreams and love together. Together with Kade, Breck and Pax, they were going to be the next big band to take over the air waves.

They were the stuff dreams were made of, until she disappeared from his li
Wendy
This was my first read by Jodie Larson and I liked it. It is the second in a series but can be read as a standalone. Myles is the guitarist of the band Lightning Strikes. He is the fun playboy of the band. Though he is having fun and tries to live a simple life, he harbors a broken heart. Tatum is the girl that broke his heart. When these two are brought back into each other’s lives, what will happen?

I did enjoy this story. Myles was a little hard to like in the beginning because of his actions
Liz
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A second chance at love story.

Myles and Tatum were in love and happy. Then one day she walked away and never looked back. Myles was devastated. When his band finally made it big, after years of hard work and dedication, they finally had everything they wanted.

But his life was empty. The parade of woman and alcohol were only numbing his life away. Then she started showing up at his shows? Was he imagining it?

Can Myles and Tatum find a way to move forward and admit their feelings? Or will life
Angela  Wilson
Jan 28, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The h doesn't have sex for NINE YEARS!! The H has been hitting anything with 2 legs..
Sunny Shelly Reads
Notes Of The Past is a great second chance romance story, featuring a sexy, smoldering, manwhore and the woman who broke his heart nearly a decade ago. It's a popular (and favorite!) trope, but I've never read a story where the two are forced to share close quarters on a tour bus before. My, the sparks ignite!

Myles and Tatum were childhood sweethearts, and shared such a special connection, they never in a million years thought that they would be apart. But Tatum backed away, completely disappear
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: missy
Myles Donovan is living his dream. He’s the lead guitarist of Lightning Strikes, a band whose music is sitting at the top of the charts and they’re playing on a sold-out tour across the country. Women fall at his feet—one, two, four at a time. What more could Myles want? Love isn’t for him…he’s been there, done that. He is happy. Happy. Until one night, he spots a familiar face in the crowd. Tatum Mitchell—his first love, his girl. His girl that broke his heart years ago. Tatum was who he lived ...more
Bobbie Stanley
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Music is life.  Like really.  So every time a music related novel comes up, I jump at the chance to read it.  I was prepared to absolutely love this book, and while I liked it, I can't say that it's one I loved so much that I'm likely to read it again.  There is nothing technically wrong with the book.  There weren't any major plot holes.  The writing style was easy to follow and engaging.  I even liked the way the story flowed.  It reminds me of movies that I love to watch.  Knowing all that, y ...more
Beverly Fischer
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved it! Even though it is book #2 in a series, and I did not read the first, I don't think it is necessary. I thought the book was an easy read. It's a story about two people, Myles and Tatum, and their broken relationship that still has a special place in their hearts. The book goes back and forth from Myles and his feelings to Tatum and her feelings. I liked reading his thoughts and then hers. Myles is the bad boy, which is intriguing, but he has a soft spot for Tatum despite th ...more
Konny
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Notes Of The Past by Jodie Larson is the second installment in The Lightning Strikes Series.
For better understanding you should read book one, Serenading the Shadows (Lightning Strikes #1) , first.
Meet Myles Donovan, the lead guitarist of Lightning Strikes. Myles is a cynic who doesn´t do relationships or romantic feelings.
And there is Tatum Mitchell, the girl who broke his heart, vanished and is now back.
Tatum and Myles have this crazy chemistry and rare connection.
But can he forgive old mista
Shawn
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Myles is an a$$hole! Tatum is prideful! I wondered if these two would be able to put that aside and actually listen to each other and be honest with each other. Their hot and cold made me want to hit them both upside the head at one point or another. Then it happens, they morph into the people they were meant to be!

Jodie has a unique talent to pulls you in with the music just like in her first book.
Kate Farlow
Y'all. This book.

NotP is the second book in JL's Lightning Strikes series, and while I haven't read book one, I hella loved book two (& promptly went and one-clicked book one).
So, so good y'all.
Seriously, I flipped through these pages at a break-neck speed, and then I went back and read it again, slowly. The second time around, I enjoyed it a bit more. I really sat down, and picked apart the layers, and I really liked what I found. JL's characters have a beautiful, and believable depth to them
Carrie Zagzebski
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jodie! This is your best book yet! Wow! This is a story I got lost in and read almost in a day. It's my favorite of all your books!
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)

Notes From the Past is a second chance at love story between two high school sweethearts and soulmates that lost their way. They say it is better to have loved and lost then to never loved at all. Tell that to Myles Donovan, lead guitarist for the hottest band in the country, Lightning Strikes.

Myles has worked hard for the past five years with his bandmates to get where they are today. His band is on top of the world. They are successful, touring the country and there is a rotating line
Tina
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah. What a second chance story! Notes of the Past is a beautiful story of second chances and the mess it can be. So often we see couples jumping straight in and everything being perfect, but in this story, Larson shows the messy side of a broken heart and chance at reconciliation. Tatum and Myles are electric. There is something between them that cannot be denied. So much passion between two people has the ability to go two ways. We see a bit of both in this book. Myles swings from anger to hurt ...more
Cat
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A second chance Romance,
Myles and Tatum were childhood sweet hearts, but circumstances led Tatum to pull away from the relationship.
Ten years later they connect once again, Tatum finds herself on tour with the Rock band Lightening Strikes, the band in which Myles is a member of. Sharing close quarters with someone you loved and left won't be easy, because the Attraction is still very much there between them. But Myles still feels bitter about what happened all those years ago, can he leave the p
Lindsay Hartman
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Taranjit Sidhu
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Since seeing the blurb for the book, I knew I had to read it. You could already feel the angst from those few short paragraphs. I didn’t like Myles at all in the beginning due to his behavior but Jodie did a great job at portraying their story and allowing us to see their choices and the reasons behind them and learning why he was the way he was. I really felt for Tatum and her story allows us to understand Myles as well. The author did a great job at keeping me interested throughout the story.

Gretchen Anderson
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book a lot. I love rock star romances, especially when I feel like the author captured the different sides of what it must be like to call a bunch of the shots, but not all of them, to be adored by millions, but still lonely. The love scenes are steamy and plentiful and even though there is history there, it still isn't instantaneous that they get together. The only reason I gave it 4 and not 5 stars is that I wish t
Misty Sulouff
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I definitely found another great author. This is my second book I've read of Jodie Larson's and I'm definitely not disappointed. Myles and Tatum had a love others only dream of. That's until she disappeared. Sure, Myles has tried to substitute his feelings with night stands, but no one makes him feel the way SHE does. This is a definite must read. Not everyone gets a second chance at love, that's what makes Tatum and Myles love story so special. They show that it's far from easy. Everyone needs ...more
Debbie
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked Book 1 of this series, but loved this one even more.

The history and chemistry between Myles & Tatum is strong. So when she comes on tour as their opening act, after leaving him years ago with no explanation as to why she walked away from what they had, you just know sparks are going to fly. And boy do they!

I won't go into too many details, but this is a great second chance romance. I love the banter and the fire between them. Whether they are hating or loving, there is definitel
Ashley N Stephens
Second Chance at Love

This was a heartfelt second chance romance of two high school sweethearts finding their way back to each other after years of misunderstandings. Myles is the bad boy rocker with the hidden heart of gold and Tatum is the self sacrificing love of his life. It was also great getting to check in on Kade and Adrienne in this story.
Kristina Bowen
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ten stars

*swoon* I wish I could give this book all the stars in the world. I absolutely love Tatum, Myles grew on me. If your debating reading this book, go read the first in the series and you will be looking for all the books! Can’t wait to start the next one, I have an idea who Bracken falls in love with.
Stefanie
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best kind of bad boy!

In book one Myles isn’t really likable at all. He’s a behind and he knows it. Once you dive into this book you see why he is the way he is. I loved this book. The angry angsty back and forth was my favorite! The tease here and there. Both characters needed to communicate to each other better. The ending was absolute perfection!!
Samantha
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshelf
I am so glad Jodie continued with this series. I love series where you get to see characters interact from other books. Myles is the asshole-bad boy of the band but there is a reason why he acts the way he does... a broken heart. Tatum, his girl, left him and he has never been able to get past it. I loved reading this book and learning more about Myles. I really commend this book!
Mary Mccormack
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I did not like this book as well as I did the first one. This is an okay story, but parts of it just weren’t for me. Double standard in parts of the story, but also lies really just aren’t for me. Lies because you are scared are still lies when someone is supposed to own your heart.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was heartbreaking and beautiful. It’s brilliantly written and suspenseful. I never knew what was going to happen next.
Mojo_Mama
The 9 year break was too long for the reason...fuck, 5 years is still too long but maybe more believable for all the other plot points. Another reviewer mentioned h had cancer. She didn’t. The entire separation was total stupidity on both of their parts. Just sayin. The angst was good ;)

• No One to Hold (The Hold, #1)
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • 'Til the Last Lyric (Life of Debauchery, #2)
  • Counterpoint and Harmony (Songs and Sonatas, #5)
  • Broken Chords (Songs and Sonatas, #4)
  • Fractured Hearts
  • Rock On (The Rockstars of Hollywood Hill #1)
  • Forgive Me: Book Two of TAT (TAT: A Rocker Romance 2)
  • Unexpected: The Complete Collection #1-6 (Unexpected #1-6)
  • Complete Me: TAT: A Rocker Romance 8 Book Box Set
  • Suspended
  • Secret Smiles (Love in Sienna, #1)
  • A Filthy Enemy (Filthy Line #3)
  • Unexpected (Unexpected, #1)
  • Take My Heart
  • Waking Up Married
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Rebel Heart (Rebel Love #1)
Reading is a passion of mine. My love for the written word was rekindled a few years ago, and it's been a blessing to discover everything that is out there. I love a good romantic book, one filled with swoon-worthy heroes and the women who drive them crazy. There aren't too many genres I won't read (sorry horror and scary stories, you still give me nightmares). As long as it drags me into the worl ...more

Lightning Strikes (4 books)
  • Serenading the Shadows (Lightning Strikes, #1)
  • Forbidden Lyrics (Lightning Strikes, #3)
  • Downbeat (Lightning Strikes, #4)