Start by marking “'Til Death Do Us Part (Vows, #1)” as Want to Read:
'Til Death Do Us Part (Vows, #1)

'Til Death Do Us Part

(Vows #1)

Henry and Sam Miller-Greene are living the dream. They love their careers -- which afford each of them opportunities to travel to exotic locations -- they love their home, Sam’s caring family, and each other. They disagree on the subject of adoption, but are fully committed to each other in marriage ... ’Til Death Do Us Part.

The dream is shattered when Henry’s plane crash
Published April 3rd 2016 by JMS Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about 'Til Death Do Us Part, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 'Til Death Do Us Part

* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Hearts

I don’t know what it is about being stranded on a deserted island but the setup of desperate survival fascinates me, and if you throw in some romance, even better.

This is about Sam and Henry - a happily married couple, so very deeply in love as they match perfectly where it counts. When Henry’s plane crashes over the ocean and he survives by making his way to a small uninhabited island with 3 others, obviously, he and Sam’s lives are irrevocably changed as years go by without rescue.
Fabi
I'm giving it the full five stars because I not only loved it, I also think I'll remember it forever.

I've read less than a handful of books with the "stranded on a desert island" survival trope. But I've loved and remembered every single one of them.

This one was both, incredibly romantic and incredibly realistic. It kept my stomach tied up in knots the entire time. It brought tears to my eyes. And joy to my heart.

An incredible story of love, loss, survival and second chances.
Melissa
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

(I stayed up until 2:30am reading this book and made it about 60% and then my body rebelled and demanded I sleep! If I could have, I would have read this all night. I couldn't put it down.)

O.M.G!!! I LOVED THIS BOOK!! Let's start with the easy stuff. I have never read anything by this author before and that's always scary because you never know what to expect. The summary of this book, as well as others reviews led me to believ
BWT (Belen)
What can I say? I love deserted island survivor stories.

When TransOceanic Flight 3012 goes down there are only four survivors who manage to make it to a deserted island: Henry, Devon, Garret and Buddy. Using their skills sets: Henry is a marine biologist, Garret knows how to weave, and Devon has brute strength, the three men take care of Buddy, an under year old (they think) baby, and await rescue. Five years later they are still waiting.

Told from both Henry and his husband, Sam's, points of vie
dammit, that one chick
This book was provided for free by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I couldn't decide between a 2 and 3 star rating, so I rounded up. This book was, to me, full of missed opportunity. While the story has great bones and the premise grabbed me, I found it anticlimactic.

Til Death begins with an engaged couple, Sam and Nash, being visited by military police. They inform Sam that his husband Henry, who was believed dead, was found marooned on an island. We are then told the stories of He
Nichole (DirrtyH)
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2016
This was a really cute story that I would encourage everyone to read!

It might suffer a little bit from the unfortunate timing of the release, coming so close after Keira Andrews' Beyond The Sea, which it pains to me to have to admit is much better.
But this one is a little bit different - the romance doesn't take place on the island, but is rather about a couple who is separated and what happens during that time.

It's an imperfect story. For one, the dialogue doesn't feel natural. The MC is a mari
Carra
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve got a new-to-me author that is now sitting firmly on my list of ones to keep an eye on. Addison Albright totally sucked me in to this story from the very beginning, and holy cow she did not let me go for even a second until the very end. I loved the characters, the storyline, and pretty much everything else about this book…so I’m not even going to wait until the end of this review to let you know this was a 5-star read for me.

My heart broke over and over again for both Sam and Henry. Even k
Tully Vincent
I enjoy stranded on an island stories, so the story was gripping enough that I finished it in one day to see the conclusion. The descriptions of how they survived on the island were very detailed and obviously well researched.

For such a small island, the survivors seemed to have it remarkably easy--like it wasn’t hard to find water and the supply stayed consistent and there was so little mishaps, sickness or injuries over the extended length of time they were there. But it was the con
BWT (Belen)
For my review of the book click here.

I love deserted island survivor stories.

Told from both Henry and his husband, Sam's, points of view the story covers both the hope that the survivors will one day get off the island and back to "civilization", and the devastation of loss when the love of your life goes down in a crash and is missing and presumed dead.

I appreciated the greater delineation made by narrator David Gilmore for the chapters that begin with a flashback scene, so the listener could
Leaundra
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just crazy! The whole time I was reading it, I was wondering how I would act if my plane went down and I was stranded on a desert island? Not sure I would handle it all well. I also wondered how I would act if I thought my husband died and then came back into my life after 5 years? The day to day on the island was so interesting. What they had to go through to survive. Also Buddy, what a sweetheart. All he knew was Henry, Devon and Garrett. Poor Nash (view spoiler) ...more
Lisa The Novel Approach
What a story! This is a very emotional story told from the alternating first person POVs of our two main characters, Henry and Sam. Interwoven with the present day stories are flashbacks of Sam and Henry’s story—of meeting as coworkers, falling in love, buying their house, getting married, and then, Henry’s fateful research trip.

Sam and Henry are so happy together. They love their life together, and their home, and their family, and their jobs. They are college professors who have been together
Joyfully Jay
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: camille
Updated for 2 star audiobook review:
Read the audio review in its entirety here.

A Joyfully Jay review.

I haven’t turned pages so damn hard since Stanford shot Griffin and Alec chose Seregil!!
On one hand, I don’t want to give anything away. On the other, the three-page prologue and the book’s blurb set everything up so you can’t help but roll up your sleeves and enjoy the angst fest. ‘Til Death Do Us Part weaves a riveting story about Sam, Henry, and Nash. From the very start, we know
UnusualChild{beppy}
4 stars

Synopsis: Sam is weeks away from marrying his fiancé, when he finds out that his husband, Henry, who he thought died in a plane crash years ago, is still alive. Henry was on his way to Fiji when his plane crashes in the ocean. Henry, a couple of fellow passengers and a baby all survive and make it to an island. For five years, while Sam mourns and then moves on with a new love, Henry and his fellow passengers work on surviving.

What I liked: The premise. I liked seeing the flashes from the
SoCalBookReviews
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-borrowed
3.5-4 stars
I have to say I really Enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. I feel like the Author put a lot of research and effort and thought into this book. I felt Almost like I was listening to a true story account of someone’s time stranded on a island and not just a fictional romance book, there was just so much information that I think could have actually been true.
Listening to the Audio was ok. I think I actually liked the book itself more than the Narration for it. But, I li
Sali
Wow. I really liked it. Didn't love it.
I wish we saw more of the island with the guys, their friendships, mental health and discussions. And I wish we saw more of the return to civilization, what it entail for Buddy and Henry. More about Henry and Sam after the return..
But I definitely enjoy the story, the friendship between the guys, Buddy and Henry relationship, their lives on the island.. I guess I just wish we had more.
I usually don't like second chance romance trope and book that are told
Anke
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Perhaps 2.5 stars

The way this story was told gave me difficulties. Overall it was an ok read.
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: Giles West Reviews: ‘Till Death Do Us Part by Addison Albright

My Rating: 4.5 of 5 Stars
My Thoughts

I read this novel in one sitting on a rainy day that seemed to just fit with the book somehow. The cover certainly works and the colors are eye-catching. I’m writing this directly after finishing the novel. Even though I’m still gathering my thoughts on it, I must admit I did get teary-eyed in parts. It’s never a bad thing when a story can elicit such emotions from a reader.

Albri
Juli
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
**** I received this book as a ARC for a fair and honest review****

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this. I haven't read many survival/reunion stories like this but man I could not put this down once I started.

The prologue sets the tone as the MC Sam is discussing his wedding to Nash, his new fiance when he finds out that his husband Henry is alive after a plane crash 5 years before.

From there we alternate between Sam and Henry. Sam as he tries to deal with the grief of losin
Anita
So gripping that I finished it almost in one sitting. I enjoy desert island stories and this was told well. I really liked Henry's pragmatic, scientific approach. Added an air of verisimilitude you don't often see in this particular trope. Also liked that there was drama but it was conveyed in a low key fashion. I could feel Sam's grief and struggle with letting go. His actions made sense in light of what happened. The way the book was structured was what made it so compelling. A bit of flashbac ...more
Amy Tasukada
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
video review here - https://youtu.be/BI0Byu7gIys

This was a cute lighthearted story that had me staying up to read the next chapter and had me telling my Husband I was happy he wasn’t trapped on an island. At the start of each chapter is a flash back between Henry and Sam, how they met, fell in love. After that the chapter goes into the story of Henry trying to survive on the island with the island. There are some mishaps but for the most part it’s a ‘lighthearted’ survival. They have lots of foo
Elisa Rolle
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2016 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: ’Til Death Do Us Part by Addison Albright (75-04-06-2016)
1) ’Til Death Do Us Part combines drama, adventure, and true love that should never be taken for granted. A plane crash separates Henry from Sam. Henry spends over four years on a deserted island, combining his skills with those of two other men as they survive, raise a baby into a capable young boy, and hope for rescue. Henry is torn between hoping that Sam waits for him versus wanting him not to be
Dawn
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dbml
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

I was excited to read this story because I enjoy reunited stories, especially ones where there is a long period of separation, but this one didn’t give me the feelings I was hoping for. The story was told in dual POV along with flashbacks intermingled; it was structured in such a way that the flashbacks of their relationship’s history coincided with the timing of Henry’s years missing. I wonder if the building of their relationship
W.S. Long
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming story

What do you do if you believe you found your one true love only to lose him but by a miracle find out he's alive? What if there's someone else that you also love?

This is the crux of the question in this romance.

Addison Albright has written a compelling love story that I couldn't put down from the moment I downloaded the book at lunch until I finished close to midnight. The characters of Henry and Sam are extremely likable, and Buddy, a child thrust into Henry's life, is a bea
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
***Audiobook Review***

The narration just okay for me; some decent inflection but the voices are not too different except the kiddo. I’m pretty picky when it comes to vocal performers and this one wasn’t one of my favorites. It was hard to follow the flashbacks and going from Sam to Henry in present day while listening. I had to pause the book at each change to wrap my head around where the story was headed. That may have been easier to keep up with if I had read the book instead of listening.

I t
Ron-michael
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars for me...for almost the entire book this was a 5 star story. It starts out with Sam and Nash, a few weeks before their wedding, debating why Sam isn't as nervous as Nash. Next thing we know, there are MPs at the door, telling Sam that his presumed dead first husband, Henry, is alive. Wow! What a way to start!
The book then heads to flashback mode, each chapter starting with a piece of Sam and Henry's past, from dating until the day Henry leaves for a trip to Fiji. The next part of each
Shelley Chastagner
Just...WOW! This one just grabbed me and didn't let go. The jump from past to present enhanced the story as we watch Sam and Henry begin their relationship and the beginning of their time apart until their reconciliation. The other members on the island with Henry added a lot of depth and I loved getting to know each of them. There are a few moments that made me snicker as they learn to navigate living on an island. It broke my heart to see both Sam grieving Henry's 'death' and Henry grieving th ...more
Love Africa Book Club
Henry and Sam's story is told in dual timelines with a mix of flashbacks and present day scenes. Henry is on a business trip alone when his plane crashes and he ends up stranded on a deserted island with other survivors for five years. In the meantime Sam has grieved and fallen in love with another man, Nash, while Henry is on the island raising a young boy whose parents died in the crash. Buddy gives Henry the strength to keep going even when their situation seems hopeless. But will they ever b ...more
Zakarrie
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before starting 'Til Death Do Us Part' my experience of castaway tales were limited to 'Lord of the Flies' and Arrow. Thus, I'm chuffed that Addison Albright recently released its prequel; 'Okay, then' which led me to this story. I adored Sam and found myself so staggered by the news he receives in its last chapter that this novel promptly became a 'must read' for me. I'm so, so chuffed I did exactly that.
I scarce know where to start...
I was awed by the depth of research/knowledge on marine bio
Dawn
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable. Like others have said, I love the deserted island / survival trope. It was so compelling to read about Henry, Devon, Garrett, and Buddy's day-to-day existence and I just couldn't wait for their rescue and Henry's dramatic reunion with Sam. Despite the crazy premise, the whole story felt very real and believable. The skipping around in timelines was a bit jarring but I eventually settled in with it.

The narration was ok. David Gilmore has a nice voice and, I think, a lot of potenti
Friendly Pilot
« previous 1 3 next »

• It's Christmas Everywhere But Here
  • Stepping Up to the Plate (Stepping Up to the Plate, #1)
  • Shattered Glass
  • Redemption
  • Dear Mona Lisa...
  • A Younger Man (Cabin Fever #3)
  • Beneath the Stars
  • For Now and Forever (The Crimson Coven, #3)
  • Strong Medicine
  • Reclaiming Love
  • What Binds Us
  • Ezekiah
  • Making Ends Meet
  • Cowboys & Vampires (Venom Valley #1)
  • Jungle Heat
  • The Laird's Forbidden Lover
  • Jack (Leech, #2)
  • The Passions of Emma
Addison Albright is a writer living in the middle of the USA. Her stories are gay romance in contemporary, fantasy, and paranormal genres. She generally adds a subtle touch of humor, a smidgen of drama/angst, and a healthy dose of slice-of-life to her stories. Her education includes a BS in Education with a major in mathematics and a minor in chemistry. Addison loves spending time with her family, ...more

Vows (3 books)
  • From This Day Forward (Vows, #2)
  • To Love and To Cherish (Vows, #3)