Start by marking “Ashes Reborn (Souls of Fire #4)” as Want to Read:
Ashes Reborn (Souls of Fire #4)

Ashes Reborn

(Souls of Fire #4)

The next blazing-hot installment of the Souls of Fire series from the New York Times bestselling author of Flameout

The clock is ticking as Emberly—a phoenix capable of taking human form—races to take revenge against the sadistic and mysterious Rinaldo. The elusive rebel leader threatens to keep killing until he is given all of the research about a plaguelike virus derived
Published September 5th 2017 by Berkley

Montzalee Wittmann
Ashes Reborn (Souls of Fire #4) by Keri Arthur is an amazing fantasy book that is unique which is refreshing. A phoenix, vampires, mystery, action, suspense, intrigue, and more. Great fantasy, plot, and characters. I haven't read the other books but I didn't feel lost at all. Thanks NetGalley for allowing me to read this book.
Beth
Ashes Reborn just reconfirms my opinion that this is going to be another series that I must read. Fast paced, the action intense and an urban fantasy that I can really sink my teeth into!

The storytelling is gritty and raw. Action intense.

This is not for the light hearted:
Ashes Reborn contains a described rape. I'm not a fan of those types of scenes in my reading material. I felt this could of be omitted and still show the emotional intensity that the author was shooting for.

What I really loved a
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

ASHES REBORN is a brilliant urban fantasy story with unique characters and a plot filled with action, suspense, and intrigue. The mythology of phoenixes is complex and refreshing in a genre filled with vampires, witches, and werewolves. The reincarnation and resurrection abilities of phoenixes is fascinating and I would have welcomed a few more pages just explaining those abilities. While the story got bogged down and confusing at times with too many st
Fangs for the Fantasy
Emberley has already suffered losses in the battle against the Red Vampire plague – and has only just managed to resurrect her fellow Phoenix Rory from his ashes.

But even with the leader of the Red Vampires dead, the threat continues – rebel vampire Rinaldo is threatening to use them as a weapon against the city – and one city block has already been destroyed in the last conflict.

Still seeking the research which may be the cure to this threat, Embrley and Jackson have to work with the secret Par
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jun 09, 2017 added it
Shelves: arc
Putting this to the side. Maybe I'll come back to it someday. It's written well enough, but once I put it aside to read a couple of other shiny new books, I realized I no longer cared enough to go back to it.

One thing really bothers me - (view spoiler)
Darcy
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I think that I need to be done with this series. I found myself only mildly interested while reading. I was glad that Emberly was able to get Rory back, glad that Emberly has settled into comfort with Jackson, even glad that Emberly was able to somewhat settle things with Sam. The action with PIT was blah. The shifters coming into play was sort of interesting.
Melliane
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I always love all the novels by Keri Arthur and I was very curious to discover this third part of the adventures of our dear characters.

Always looking for the researches on the virus that everyone dreams of recovering, our heroes will once again face a lot of dangers. Rory resurrected, Emberly and Jackson have to go back to investigate before there are more murders. Yet, everyone is watching them and nothing is really that simple.

The enemies increase, others
Bec
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Emberly and her partner, Jackson need to find the callous and enigmatic Rinaldo in order to eliminate him, because of the threats the intangible leader continues to make if he doesn't get the research he wants them to find and bring to him. However, not knowing who the pair can trust, Emberly and Jackson do their best to stay off the radar. Yet, it seems that's impossible. Will they be able to take Rinaldo out once and for all, or will everything crash and burn until life as Emberly knows it is
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Keri Arthur returns to her Souls of Fire series with Ashes Reborn as Emberly and Jackson continue their hunt for Rinaldo, the maniac vampire intent on unleashing a virus that could destroy the world and all the people in it! The tension and danger really amp up in this one! It’s a real nail-biter!

After to seeing to Rory’s rebirthing needs, Emberly and Jackson are back on the case trying to track down Rinaldo and the elusive notes that he seeks that are key to his virus plan. Rinaldo has given th
Anna
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ugh. My feelings about this book are mixed. On the one hand, it was pretty fun (in kind of a guilty pleasure way). On the other hand, it definitely had some issues.
This was a fun and kind of interesting book. It's basically a bunch of sexy supernatural being who investigate crimes. Between the many action scenes and investigating, there's a bunch of flirty banter and innuendo. It all felt a little contrived, but was also kind of fun and I enjoyed seeing how the author included various supernatu
Sherry
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Arthur's writing and I have truly enjoyed this series. This is book 4 in a series about a phoenix and her eternal bonded "mate" phoenix (they aren't romantic) and the adventures she has with a fae named Jackson and their friends. There is a mafia sindicati of vampires, other bad vampires and a group of wizards and non supes that are trying to find a special formula.

Emberly is the main character and I like her. She's tough and not overly sentimental. The story is pretty good but unlike the
Penny Noble
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I have been a fan of Ms. Arthur for over 10 years now, even before she was with a “big” publisher, and I’ve loved her books. I am always glad to see a new series by her, and I have loved this series from the beginning, partly because I just love the phoenix mythology in this series; I wish we could find out more about others of their kind. We are now at book four in the Souls of Fire series, and this book contains the well-written, action-packed, thrill-ride fun I always expect from this author. ...more
Christina
Ashes Reborn is the fourth book in the Souls of Fire series and unfortunately could end up being another Memory Zero. Dread is, unfortunately, overshadowing my enjoyment of this action-packed instalment.

Ashes Reborn picks up a couple of days after the roaring events of Flameout. Emberly races against the clock to get revenge against the sadistic and mysterious Rinaldo for Rory's death and the pain of his rebirth. Emberly and Jackson are forced to reach out to the Paranormal Investigations Team f
Anne - Books of My Heart

The Souls of Fire series has lots of action, limited sex and not very much in the way of romance.  Even reading them in order, I am having trouble keeping all the details after a year passes between books. I went back to read my reviews and once I started reading I didn't feel lost.

In Ashes Reborn,  Rory is reborn after dying at the end of the Flameout. So he is on the sidelines.  Emberly and Jackson continue to work together, supporting each other, but they are on a tightrope between PI
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Must read book filled with action, heartbreak and tough choices. Emberly is back in the 4th book in this series. This can not be read as a standalone. Read the books in the order to understand what has happened as these books build upon one another.

The life of a phoenix is hard as there are no happy endings. There is just a constant cycle of not meeting the right person at the right time. In addition, the complication of needing more than one lover hurts Emberly to no end. This no win situation
Caitlin
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Netgalley and Keri Arthur for this book
Keri Arthors books are always enjoyable. One thing I love about her books is that she gives enough detail throughout each book that if you miss a book (or start in the middle of a series) you can still follow what is going on. I also love that all of her female characters are strong and individual. I will keep reading any of Keri's books that I can get my hands on!
Ruth
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
c2017 (10) FWFTB: phoenix, mysterious, rebel, virus, vampire blood. So, perhaps trying Ms Arthurs books again by jumping into the middle of a series was not the best idea that I have ever had. Still, I found the story and writing all a little meh. Apologies - it was me and not the book but unable to recommend to the normal crew. "The rise to consciousness was abrupt. One minute I was out; the next I was awake."
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
This series keeps getting better and better. Character depth plus PLOT that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Emberly is kick ass! I love that in a main character.

Keri Arthur is such a great story teller. I can’t wait for more!
TinaMarie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alyssa
4 stars

I just did a binge read of Books 1-4. For some reason, I thought this was only a 4 book series, but it is definitely not, so now I'll be left wanting for a year for the next book! This is a super solid UF series read and I think it takes a fresh spin on things.

Here's what I like so far:
*The main character is a phoenix, and no, she is not a shifter but rather a spirit being. For me, this is a really different spin and at first I didn't know how I felt, but I'm totally digging it. There are
Stacy
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I gave it 3.5 stars

The Phoenix is so interesting to me and ASHES REBORN threw in another reason why I wouldn't mind being one. Who wouldn't want to be able to be reborn into yourself again?

I continue to like the characters in the Souls of Fire series. I like some more than others, but they are all well developed and bring something to the storyline.

I hate to say it, but I have to be honest. The romance between Emberly and Jackson is boring me. Maybe that is what the author is going for and if so
Kt
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Review originally posted on A Book Obsession

Unfortunately this will not be a full review due to an event that completely overshadowed any enjoyment I had while reading other parts of the book. I will not spoil things, but suffice it to say that an incredibly horrifying sequence of events happens to Emberly that I couldn't get past. Actually it was more the aftermath and the way said events were all but brushed aside that left an incredibly sour taste in my mouth. It took me several days to finis
Erica Wheeler
Another good addition to the soul of fire series. I made the mistake of jumping ahead one book by accident and it sorta spoiled it for me. It was truly an accident since I thought I had already finished the previous book. First page of this proved that belief false.
Im loving Jackson and the addition of the newer fae. The relationship between sam and Emberly is ever growing and constantly changing. I wish Rory would get more book time. I feel he should be more involved then he is. Here is a phoe
Cheryl M-M
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The connection between Emberly and Jackson is one of the more intriguing elements of the story. Neither of them have any real idea how their fusion is going to evolve or whether there will be more negative or positive repercussions for either one of them.

Their strange partnership, and the odd new powers one of them seems to possess, have to take a back-seat so they can focus on a threat to the supernatural and human community. Rinaldo is willing to kill anyone and destroy anything to get his han
AM Lyvers
Nov 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For my entire review, please check out the blog: https://amlyvers.blogspot.com/2017/11...

I really like the world building in this series; however, there's too much explanation and info dumps in the beginning and the romance doesn't have much progression. Maybe that's unfair since it's the fourth installment and I haven't read the previous books. There's also an event that hits one of my triggers (details in the blog post). As my first taste in this series, I wanted to like it, but will not be co
Kara Callahan
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book but there is always so much going on. You really have to pay attention so that you don't miss anything. Sometimes I find myself reading these book and really having no idea what is going on then I have to go back and read the section again. I think I would like these better if they weren't quite so busy.
Beth
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked it

It's a good continuation of the series. Keri Arther is a good story teller but I have some trouble with her writing style. I may be a bit knit-picky but she uses former and latter too much and some of her terms for sex are a little annoying.
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Ashes Reborn by Keri Arthur
What a awesome ride, I mean this was pretty cool! I really did enjoyed this story.
I do love me some phoenix stories, you just don't get enough of them.

Publication is set for September 5, I will come back in with my full review.
Merideth
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This was a good a good addition to the series. This book continues the overall plot line nicely. While the mystery was fast passed and keeps you guessing there was some interesting plot twist that i didn't like. overall this was a solid book in the series.
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
I love this author. However, this book fell short for me. I feel the normal romance is missing from this urban fantasy. I feel an event was downplayed way too much in this novel. But despite that, I enjoyed the read. The author can build worlds you can't help but love.
  • Siren's Song (Bewitching Bedlam, #3)
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Love Means... Endurance (Farm, #8)
  • Once Upon a Highland Summer
  • Arresting Love (Wild R Farm, #2)
  • Shadow and Flame (Ascendant Kingdoms, #4)
  • Sending Jack Off To Jesus (A Southern Thing, #2)
  • Trial by Fire
  • Too Far Gone (Lucy Kincaid, #14)
Keri Arthur, author of the New York Times bestselling Riley Jenson, Guardian series, has now written more than 25 books. She's received several nominations in the Best Contemporary Paranormal category of the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Awards, and recently won RT's Career Achievement Award for urban fantasy. She lives in Melbourne with her daughter and two crazy dogs

Souls of Fire (4 books)
  • Fireborn (Souls of Fire, #1)
  • Wicked Embers (Souls of Fire, #2)
  • Flameout (Souls of Fire, #3)