Start by marking “Snowblind” as Want to Read:
Snowblind

Snowblind

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  611 Ratings  ·  158 Reviews
Snow, steam, and secrets.

The latest snowstorm carries something unexpected to the doorstep of Hutch’s secluded Alaskan cabin: a stranger named Jude, the most beautiful man Hutch has ever seen. Jude says he’s in the area for a ski trip and that he fled a domineering lover, thinking he could make it into town. But Hutch is a suspicious SOB and treats his unwanted guest waril
ebook, Dreamspun Desires #29, 196 pages
Published March 1st 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Snowblind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowblind

Lisa
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review

4 Stars!

Snowblind is author Eli Easton’s addition to the Dreamspun Series. I am not familiar with this series; however, I am a huge fan of Ms. Easton’s books. I love this author’s quirky contemporary M/M romances as she has a penchant for writing sweet, unique and hilarious books that always leave me happily sighing. While this story was certainly engaging and fun, it was also not at all what I was expecting….. in a good way. A really good way. This story took a turn into the land of the unexpec
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I see the Dreamspun Desires tag and think fluff central. Eli Easton can certainly write feel-good with the best of them.

On the surface, this is a cozy story: Sexy man living alone in a remote Alaska cabin rescues a stranger stumbling around in the snow. Then KISSING and HEA!

Except not, nope, that's not how it went.

Sexy man, Hutch, running from his past, has an arsenal of weapons and sleeps with one eye open. And the equally sexy stranger, Jude, is not what he seems.

There's still kissing
Gigi
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh goodie! Eli Easton has written a 2-men-trapped-in-a-cabin-during-a-snowstorm book, one of my favorite tropes.

I love this couple. Big, gruff ex-mercenary Hutch, holed up in his Alaskan cabin retreat for three years, selflessly helping others but barely existing in his solitary lifestyle. Enter beautiful, funny, sweet Jude, a California-based model. Throw in some snow, sexual tension and wall sex (yes, you heard right, WALL SEX)

He turned and moved into the kitchen. In a flash, Hutch was out of
Nick Pageant
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5

I've been giving these books the side-eye for a while. I just couldn't see the point of a series that seems to be based completely on tropes, but... it's Eli Easton so I gave this one a shot and I am tickled pink. Is this tropey? You betcha. It's also fun as hell.
If you have doubts about this one, I promise you ACTION, surprises, elegant male models with big fat boners, reclusive mountain men with even bigger, fatter boners, and a warm and cuddly HEA. To say anything else would spoil so...
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

I think the Dreamspun Desires stories are not for me. I keep wanting to try them all because they look like so much FUN, but I'm always sort of let down in the end.

Overall, I liked this novella. Eli Easton is one of my favorite authors, and I can always count on her for an excellent story. However, though I enjoyed it overall, I can't help but feel as though it just didn't quite gel with me in the right way.

I'm not sure if it was just how the author decided to play it or because of
SheReadsALot
4.25 HEARTS--Tag team review with Adam

Dreamspun Desires aka cracky fluff has another home run with Snowblind by Eli Easton.

Me= when a new Dreamspun title is released

What fun romance tropes to find from the latest Dreamspun treasure? Stranded in a snowy cabin mixed with a damaged hero and disguise.

Delicious.

My favorite of the house line (so far) happens to be by this same author, so this book had big shoes to fill. A total 180 from The Stolen Suitor , this book toed the line of cracky fluff w
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Sweet lord, I have missed the cracky fluff that is the Dreamspun series! I *may* have gorged a teeny lil bit on this one.

oops

I couldn't help myself, though, because this fluff was primo. We have the pretty boy model in Jude meeting the strong silent type in Hutch under some life threatening circumstances in the wilds of Alaska. Hutch is guarded and gruff. He trusts no one which is why he lives between the middle of nowhere and the end of the line, but the bubbly Jude is very appealing. I started
CrabbyPatty
Initially, I was a bit leary of the Dreamspun Desires line, thinking the series was going to be very formulaic, similar to the old Mills & Boon Harlequin romances. But after reading a handful of them, I grew to adore those quirky takes on traditional romance themes such as marriages of convenience or fake marriages, unexpected babies, etc. But Snowblind? Wow, I got lulled into expecting one thing with this book, and then got totally blindsided.

Take one secluded Alaskan cabin, a reclusive exc
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Mar 05, 2017 marked it as i-m-a-quitter
Shelves: male-action
DNF @ 34%

I've only made it to 34% in my last two books. I blame it on In the Wreckage - its ruined me for all other books.

This one started out pretty good. Two men snowed in- in the mountains of Alaska. Some hot wall sex. But then the rest of the sex (that I read) was fade to black.

And then the "bad guys" showed up and I was like whaaaaaat? You lost me. Hutch's actions and reactions seemed a bit extreme. It took me out of the story and I never really got back in.

So yeah - another for the "I'm
Sheri
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Consider me a bona fide Easton addict because I just can't get enough. Between her scrumptious characters, action packed adventures and smooth writing, she hits my buttons every time. This round she gives us a sexy spy and a 'retired' warrior on a thrilling ride. From beginning to end, it's dynamite.

Hutch is living off the grid. He's tucked away in the vast Alaskan frontier minding his own business until a half-frozen stranger stumbles onto his land. Hutch is immediately suspicious of Jude and h
Sara
Jan 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
Wait a second. You have an MC named Jude Deveraux? Like the historical romance author I grew up on Jude Deveraux?? At least tell me this was done on purpose and some bizarre homage to her?
Elsa Bravante
Eli Easton tiene libros que me gustan muchísimo, y otros que no me gustan nada. Desgraciadamente, es el caso de Snowblind. No quiero comentar mucho porque es muy fácil hacer spoiler, sólo decir que creo que la pareja no tienen ninguna química, me ha faltado carga emocional, no me ha gustado nada el curso que toma el libro, ni el tema, ni cómo lo ha desarrollado la autora, y parte de él lo he leído en diagonal.
Vamos, que no me ha gustado.
Comentar por último que creo que hay siete palabras en espa
Adam
Tag team review with Baby!

I thought this would a fairly predictable book. But about a third-way in, Easton throws in some big twists and turns and the plot really took off. It was a gamble to take the book in the direction the author chose to, but overall I think it was pulled off pretty well.

The first third of the book is what you would expect.

Hutch, a solitary and taciturn man, has a suspicious nature, but he can’t deny how attractive Jude is. Hutch comes off as a hard man at first, but under
Natalia
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christelle
During a snowstorm, Jude, a model, is rescued by Hutch, ex-marine, glad to have some company. They are stranded in Hutch’s house for a few days and poker games and watching movies are not enough to make time goes and “love is in the air”. Follow then some events : honor, deceit, blackmail,…

The plot was alright, but I was disappointed by the lack of chemistry. The BAM factor showed its ugly head. Entertaining, but not much more for me, and far from the enjoyment I had when reading other books fro
Lelyana's Reviews
*edited*

Gosh! I'm tired. The tension reading this book, washed by the great epilogue, and I'm relieved.
But the journey...it was not I expected from a Dreamspun Desires series.
Glad I read this one. Mesmerized by Hutch and Jude's journey, I finished the book with a happy smile.

All the time after 'everything' revealed, I was having a tension on my back, keep wondering and worrying about what's going to happen after...?
I thought, this was going to reach my hard limit and was sure I cannot stomach it
Karen
3.5 stars rounded down to 3 because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and this one just didn't have what it took to be a 4 star story for me.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

I was a little disappointed with this one. Not that it wasn't good...it was. I guess I was expecting to like it a lot more than I did.

The blurb for this book reads like a sweet, sexy snowed in story and it was until it turned into a whole lot more and I have to admit this was actually one of the best parts of this stor
Aeren
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
En realidad le doy 4.5 pero redondedo al alza porque soy una fangirl de esta señora, haahaha, me ha gustado mucho aunque es una novela que hubiese merecido más paginas, sin embargo, una gozada ♥♥
Sandra
So, I went into this book thinking this was going to be what the blurb indicated - a fluffy, feel-good story of two strangers in a snowstorm, one rescuing the other from freezing to death in the Alaskan wilderness, and they live happily ever after.

Right?

WRONG!!!

Well, this story had those elements, and with this being a book in the Dreamspun Desires series, they do live happily ever after in the end, but holy moly, there was a whole lot more to this book than just that.

Intrigue, deception, und
Chris
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Enjoyed this adventure with Hutch & Jude. It took an interesting turn early in the story, something I didn't expect but glad things worked out. Even though it had all the makings of a thriller, with guns, weapons and undercover SWAT teams, it really was a sweet kind of romance
Fabi
I wasn't bad. I just didn't really feel the MCs chemistry. I ended up skimming a bit. Truth is, I need longer novels to really get into the characters. So, maybe just a me thing with this one.
Maria
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lena♥Ribka
Audibleheadphones_icon_1

I normally enjoyed Eli Easton's works, and I was in the mood for something fluffy, romantic, with a tiny dose of angst. It WAS all THAT + a lonely cabin in the woods of Alaska, FBI intrigues, an undercover case, hot sex and an excellent narrator. Maybe it was a material for a longer book, maybe it was not my kind of story, but I had more eye-rolls moments than would like.
The MCs fell very rapidly for each other for my taste, it was a bit too much drama around and a way too long sex scene
Jay
4 stars – The fact that I have a little experience with both Dreamspinner Press’s Dreamspun Desires series and books written by Eli Easton, I had a pretty good idea in mind for what to expect when I picked up Snowblind: a fluffy, sweet, feel-good romance with a little angst (realistic angst too, because Eli Easton always gives me that). Then, 28% of the way in the story, the surprise happened. It turned the story on its head, turned it into something I was in no way expecting. And it was a good ...more
Kim
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This book was not what I expected at all, but in a good and surprising way. I figured it would be a sexy, romantic, winter love story with a snowy backdrop, but it definitely had some surprises, suspense, and drama.

Hutch is a broody loner who stays holed up in an isolated Alaska cabin when he is not out working emergency ski patrol. He's an ex Marine, untrusting, and paranoid. His past has taught him to be wary and he takes it seriously.

When Jude lands on is doorstep in the middle of a storm, h
Debra
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, military-mercs
Definitely more intense than I expected from a Dreamspun Desires book! Lots of twists and turns....
Kathleen

I avoid Dreamspun titles like the plague. But! It’s Eli Easton so I one-clicked.

It was a light, contemporary action/suspense story with two likeable protagonists, a couple of evil antagonists, and a fair bit of of insta-love. The opening scene is a cold snowy night in Alaska and closes on a sunny South American beach. Cue the guns, the Marines, the drug lord, and the big rescue. It was a fun couple of hours, but too “light” for me.

I’m still not going to read anymore Dreamspun stories.
Trin
Sep 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
I usually love Eli Easton, but I have yet to come across a context in which the use of ISIS as a plot device in a romance novel doesn't strike me as incredibly tacky.
Pianka *call me PIU*

Woa! That’s not at all what I expected from this story. The blurb is highly deceptive, friends. Oh boy! but does it rock!

Two sexy as hell guys trapped in a cabin is HOT but that’s just the beginning coz you are in for a wild ride. I was seriously stunned with the story’s ‘twist’ and I was like:

It was exciting as hell!

I don’t know how I am supposed to write a review without revealing anything. I don’t want to ruin the story. So yeah I am going to refrain from going any further in the pl
Claire
I liked it but never really felt any chemistry between the MCs.
So I guess three stars for the action and two stars for the romance.
Turning Pages At ...: Snowblind by Eli Easton (M/M Buddy Read) 40 15 Apr 07, 2017 09:33PM
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto
More about Eli Easton

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Story of O
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be