Start by marking “Any Boy But You (North Pole, Minnesota, #1)” as Want to Read:
Any Boy But You (North Pole, Minnesota, #1)

Any Boy But You (North Pole, Minnesota #1)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  426 Ratings  ·  114 Reviews
Elena Chestnut has been chatting with an anonymous boy late into the night. It’s a very You’ve Got Mail situation, and she has no idea who he is. He can’t be Oliver Prince, hot-and-bashful son of the family running the rival sporting goods store. Their fancy sales strategies are driving Elena’s family out of business. Elena’s mystery boy has teamed up with her in their lat ...more
Published February 13th 2017 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about Any Boy But You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Any Boy But You

enqi ✨🍒 (high lady of the night court)
Any Boy But You is a superbly cute tale set in a town called North Pole where the Christmas season lasts all year long. It reminds me of a fluffy, less angsty Romeo and Juliet story.

Elena Chestnut is struggling to come to terms with the fact that her family’s sporting goods business is in trouble. They’re barely staying afloat, and her parents are thinking of moving away. It doesn’t help that her arch enemies and business rivals, the Princes, are thriving.
To make matters worse, the Prince son
Stacee
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was ok

I loved the premise of this. I adore the idea of arch enemies secretly falling for each other even though they don't know it. Sadly it fell a bit flat for me.

I liked Elena and Oliver well enough. They're both standoffish and sort of bitchy, but it's mostly due to a ridiculous feud that's been going on between their families. And man, did that cause a lot of dramatics throughout the story.

When Elena and Oliver started acting nicer to each other, the banter between them was cute and it
Hristina
Finally something to end my disappointing books streak.

I was sold when I read You've Got Mail in the summary, and it delivered.
This was a cute read. Mrs. Hammerle's writing style is super; she managed to intertwine this book with great characters, a fun romance, while at the same time touching on some serious subjects too. It was all well executed. I had a hard time putting it down, and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Danielle
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I've read the books out of order but their all standalone stories so it doesn't really matter. The North Pole is my favourite fictional town and I can't wait to see what Julie Hammerle will come up with next.

When I read the synopsis of this book I expected the story to be sweet, but predictable. What I got was so much more. Any boy but you, wasn't the fiery hate relationship I was expecting.

Elena and Oliver are on opposite sides. They are literally working on opposite sides
Sophia
May 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
super easy read. read it in a day. but it's very infuriating due to how juvenile the characters and writing are.
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

Most contemporary books that are out there tend to happen during the summer, and at this time of year, I like to read more wintery stories. When I heard about this book, especially with its enemies to lovers trope, I knew it would be for me, and I was right.

In Any Boy But You, our main character, Elena, is struggling to come to terms with the fact that her families business is in trouble, and s
Susan
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, ya
Any Boy But You

Julie Hammerle

Received from Netgalley

ANY BOY BUT YOU by Julie Hammerle is the first book in the North Pole, Minnesota series.

Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains swearing, snowball fights, and sexual tension that could melt the North Pole. Read at your own risk.

ANY BOY BUT YOU is the story of Elena and Oliver. Their families are rivals as both families own sporting goods stores, but lately both stores are really really slow. Oliver comes up with a Pokemon Go type
Ezinwanyi
I really liked this young adult story that reminded me of those Shakespearian tragedies that featured families that had feuds lasting generations but had a romance entangled in it.

Elena Chestnut worked in her family’s sporting goods store which was struggling to keeping afloat thanks to the rival sporting goods store run by Oliver Prince’s family. Right from the beginning, the author set up the Chestnut versus Prince family feud. Thanks to the title, I already suspected how the story would concl
Ambur
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy, oh boy!!! I'm pretty sure this book was made for me! I'm a HUGE fan of You've Got Mail (I couldn't even tell you how many times I've seen that movie, but I've always loved it!!!), and I absolutely adore Gilmore Girls! Add in a star-crossed lovers/dueling families element and you get Any Boy But You!

This book was adorable and I really, really didn't want to put it down...the morning after finishing it, I was suffering from some serious sleep deprivation because I actually refused to put i
Thamy
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley2017
What seemed to be a convoluted plot made for a nice romantic comedy.

Elena sees her family business go down the drain when their rivals for generations create a new game that becomes a craze in their small town. When she decides to give the game a try, she meets someone, a new friend. And she has no idea it is Oliver, the very creator of said game. Oliver is just too socially awkward and now he is grounded, without his computer until his Latin grade go up and forced to be tutored by the rivals' h
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Super cute story set in a town that celebrates Christmas 365 days of the year in a quirk way that'll remind readers of Stars Hollow, Connecticut from Gilmore Girls, but where gay, lesbian and bisexual characters are relatively common. It's You've Got Mail for the Pokémon Go generation, but that doesn't mean that the characters, including the characters are infallible. They're flawed, but that just made me love them more. Can't wait for the next two books in the series.
KittyKat
*This book was received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This was an okay read. I liked that through the app Oliver and Elena unwittingly fell in love with each other although in real life they are sworn enemies. I did find the book hard to get into at first due to the coldness of Elena's character, however I also see it is necessary to show her character development as by the end of the book she is much more sympathetic and overall just pleasant. I did however find parts of the st
Kate Brauning
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, funny, tons of heart. It's the post-Christmas, Stars-Hollow, snowball-fights-and-boyfriends book you've been waiting for.
Mandy
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp, netgalley
I have had a drought of adorable, cheesy books in my life. That’s right – this Book Princess has been reading serious books. Books full of non-cliches, not as much funnies for no reason, and a ton of originality. Don’t worry, I’m cringing for myself. When I saw this book on Netgalley, I knew that I instantly had to request it and feel the cheesiness and adorableness fill my book life.And that’s surely what I got.

This book was pretty adorable. I loved the whole idea of North Pole, Minnesota. I’m
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read full review HERE

description

This was yet another book that was part of my “I don’t have a clue how many books I’ve requested for February, but it should be fine“… SPOILER ALERT: It wasn’t! I ended up with way too many books to read this month, but I digress. This sounded cute and different, so I’m glad I got to read it.

This was my first book by Julie Hammerle and I did enjoy the writing. The book is told in dual POV, on the third person.

One of the biggest differences from other YA cute contemporary rom
Maggie
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalleys, arcs
I was originally given a copy of this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review and then I signed up with Chapter by Chapter to be part of this blog tour.

Elena Chestnut works at her family's sporting goods store in North Pole, Minnesota. A town full of Christmas. But now Christmas is over, and her family business isn't doing so well.

Right across the street is her family's enemy, The Princes. This family also owns a sporting goods store, but the family have been locked in a bitter rivalry f
Deniz
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
SWOON!
A winter romance with a super cute heartthrob and a game that rivals pokemon. So what's not to love?

The character building is done well for the MCs. For the support cast it's not bad but they feel a bit cliche and flat in compare to the MCs. Not to say that I didn't like North Pole or it's inhabitants. The support cast, though cliche is quite alright, just in compare to the brilliantly written MCs, they feel a bit flat retrospectively.
I totally adore Elena and Oliver. I could related to b
Shawna Cramer
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want to thank Netgalley, Entangled, and the author for a chance to read this book for an HONEST review.

So this is basically your normal RomCom--Modern day Romeo and Juliet set in North Pole, MN

Like typical Romeo/Juliet style many moons ago there was this feud between the two families for reasons that are unknown at first. (you find out towards the end of the book) You have the Elena Chestnut (Juliet) and Oliver Prince (Romeo) who have grown up taught to hate each other but as fate would have i
Emmyjo
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh I love this book.
I finished it in less then 5 hours.
That is how wonderful this book is.
Basically we have two families that hate each other from something that happened decades ago. So of course Elena Chestnut hates Oliver Prince just because of his name and vice versa. But when Elena's best friend Harper becomes friends with the Princes, what can she do.
Then the town North Pole gets on board playing Stash Grab. You can win two free plane tickets and of course a gift card to spend at t
Rê
description

3.5 “Snow, Pokémon Go & Mortal Enemies” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Entangled Teen.

I love the concept here: a boy and a girl from two families that go way back and have hated each other for a long time fall in love without realizing who they’re falling for. It has all the key elements to make for a great forbidden romance, right?

Elena Chestnut and Oliver Prince have been taught to pretty much hate each other from moment one. Their grandparents started a business together decades ago, b
Sarah E.
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I was gifted an ebook via Netgalley.

I expected to really love this based on the fact that it was set in Minnesota (where I was born and raised) and knew it would be a fluffy, light read. It was a fluffy, light read for sure and a really quick read. The hate-to-love trope was strong but a little on the unrealistic side. I wish there would have been more of the typical Minnesota little town vibe that I could relate to. The characters weren't super fleshed out and I didn't really care for Elena or
Floryie
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading lots of other genres like adult romance and fantasy so I was due a break from them. When I came across this blurb, I was interested because of the mysterious messaging theme. And adding in the concept of arch enemies being involved with each other, the author had me sold on reading the book. It was time for a sweet romance and this one hit the spot!

It has all the characteristics of a teen romance - little bit of angst, a touch of betrayal and cute romance between an imperfect
Maureen
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, young-adult
A view weeks ago I was browsing through the Netgalley database when I saw the cover of ‘Any Boy But You’. That cover really grabbed my attention. And when I read where the book was about I immediately requested it. It had been a while since I read a YA novel. And this book sounded really good. I was super excited when I was approved to read ‘Any Boy But You’, and even more when I was asked to join the blog tour.

In ‘Any Boy But You’ we meet Elena Chestnut and Oliver Prince. Elena and Oliver grew
Moriah
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5

*This review will also appear on A Leisure Moment*

**I received an e-ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Elena Chestnut had hated the Princes for as long as she could remember. The animosity of the two families drove the story and created an irresistible atmosphere of competition.

The small town of North Pole, Minnesota was Stars Hollow, Connecticut with more snow. It was a character itself. Craig and Dinesh reminded me of Kirk and Taylor. The game that Oliver Prin
Sophie
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Netgalley copy in exchange for an honest review.

Here is a general overview of the state of my heart after reading this book (or even while reading this book): aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww! I am a puddle of warm and sweet feelings.

This was so sweet and heartwarming, I do want a big hug right now. It was not too much sweetness, though, and it tackled quite a lot of nice topics, such as sexual identity, divorce, with on the one hand seriousness and on the other hand a lot of fun and humour, too!
Tanya Grech Welden
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a light, entertaining story with believable characters. This is an accessible read that will appeal to its target audience although I did find the pacing needed attention in the middle with the story starting to drag a little.

While the story is well written it is rather pedestrian. I imagine that it will appeal to teens, especially reluctant readers, looking for a light read. Thank you for the opportunity to read and review.
Jenn
3.5 Stars

The Chestnuts and the Princes have been at war for years. An old family feud that has spiraled out of control even has the town divided. With both families owning sporting goods stores placed right across the street from each other, there's not a day that goes by where the feud isn't on their minds. The only difference is the Princes are making money while the Chestnuts are struggling. When a mobile app scavenger hunt whips the town into a frenzy, Elena Chestnut finds herself caught up
Michelle
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it

Any Boy but You is the first book in the young adult contemporary romance series, called North Pole Minnesota by Julie Hammerle. I have Julie's other book, the Sound of Us sitting on my TBR pile, but after having read Any Boy But You, I need to bump it up the pile. Because Any Boy But You was super cute. I loved the concept behind it.

Elena and Oliver start texting anonymously through a popular app game, but little do
Leah
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a cute read. I don’t really have a lot to say - I loved the Minnesota setting, I loved the “war” between the two sporting goods stores (although I’d have loved it more if it was like actual war, even a prank war) and I liked Oliver and Elena.

I’m a tiny bit annoyed that there’s been a further two books in this series, but not about Harper, Elena’s best friend who’s questioning her sexuality in this book, and who id love to read a book about, but apparently the next two books are more flu
Kate
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced, fun, YA novel with well-developed characters and a plot that keeps the pages turning. Julie Hammerle created a world that seemed to be out of a Hallmark Movie (which she mentions in the acknowledgments), but with more depth, wit, and all-around charm. I read this in a day while recovering from surgery and it was just what the doctor ordered.
Julie Hammerle is the author of The Sound of Us, which will be published by Entangled Teen on June 7, 2016. Before settling down to write "for real," she studied opera, taught Latin, and held her real estate license for one hot minute. Currently, she writes about TV on her blog Hammervision, ropes people into conversations about Game of Thrones, and makes excuses to avoid the gym. Her favorite YA- ...more
More about Julie Hammerle

North Pole, Minnesota (3 books)
  • Artificial Sweethearts (North Pole, Minnesota #2)
  • Approximately Yours (North Pole, Minnesota #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99