Start by marking “Make Your Voice Heard: An Actor's Guide to Increased Dramatic Range Through Vocal Training” as Want to Read:

• Focuses on the relationship between
voice training and acting

• Simple, easy-to-follow exercises to strengthen the voice in just 10 minutes
per day

• Revised and expanded edition includes
new techniques

• Replaces ISBN 0-8230-8333-0

Chuck Jones, the leading expert on using the voice to convey character, explains his groundbreaking techniques clearly and concisely in this rev
Published September 1st 2005 by Back Stage Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Make Your Voice Heard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Your Voice Heard

Melanie Hopkins
Feb 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in college and hated it with the fiery passion of seven suns. I don't know what possessed me to pick it up again, but I'm glad I did. It's a lot less wacked-out than I remember, and actually helped me out with some vocal issues I've been having lately.
Samantha
Mar 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Samantha by: my professor
This book has taught me the vocal warm up that I now use every day. There are great techniques to use in it and you don't have to be an actor to improve your overall vocal abilities! (VOICE work, not singing!)It also includes great breathing techniques.
Jerrika
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
More like a 2.5. Pretty quick read, but some of the descriptions of the exercises were a little hard to follow. Good introduction to the importance of voice work for actors and all people.
Heather Bonin
Aug 26, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Actors/actresses
It is a helpful book. He outlines concise vocal exercises, and they've worked thus far. It hasn't been that long since I finished it so I've only a little bit of practice at them though. But I like how practical they've been so far.
It's an easy and short read, but what I didn't really care for was that he spent more than half the book going over theatre history. I guess it was a good overview if you're not too familiar on theatrical history, but I expected more focus on the voice and what one c
Dave
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very easy to read as most of the book are exercises to do and the book is short. I didn't realize that tight neck muscles, tongue is too tense and breathing through nose aren't optimal.
Tess Burton
Aug 31, 2018
Brooks Darnell
Jul 21, 2016
Rebecca
rated it did not like it
Aug 18, 2013
Delfina Ferro
Oct 24, 2016
Vicki Righettini
Apr 15, 2016
Charles Martin "Chuck" Jones was an American animator, cartoon artist, screenwriter, producer, and director of animated films, most notably of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts for the Warner Bros Cartoons studio.

Jones was born in Spokane, Washington and later moved with his family to Los Angeles, California. His father encouraged his drawing from an early age.

Jones graduated from Chouinard