Start by marking “More Than Want You (More Than Words, #1)” as Want to Read:
More Than Want You (More Than Words, #1)

More Than Want You (More Than Words #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  633 Ratings  ·  147 Reviews
A fresh, sexy and emotional contemporary romance series by Shayla Black...

I’m Maxon Reed—real estate mogul, shark, asshole. If a deal isn’t high profile and big money, I pass. Now that I’ve found the property of a lifetime, I’m jumping. But one tenacious bastard stands between me and success—my brother. I’ll need one hell of a devious ploy to distract cynical Griff. Then
Published April 11th 2017 by Shelley Bradley, LLC

To ask other readers questions about More Than Want You, please sign up.

Alex ♈
Please skip this review if you are forgive & forget person.

My life motto is more like:
Forgive and forget? I'm neither Jesus nor do I have Alzheimer's.

My poor rating doesn’t apply to the writing, it was really good.
I rate and review the story, or better said the moral of the story.

I really enjoyed this book till approx. 50 %.
The whole book was written from male POV and I loved it!
The author saved me from reading about how the h desperately craved the H, how attractive he was, how she wante
Meredith Wild
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shayla Black delivers once again with this passionate and sexy story set in the paradise of Maui. Maxon Reed is a major handful, driven by work, greed, and an unwavering determination to best his estranged brother in the competitive luxury real estate market. Keeley "Sunshine" Kent, the beautiful songbird who catches his eye, couldn't be more different. Their journey to finding common ground and true happiness is anything but simple. The path is littered with old wounds, far away dreams, and a p ...more
Beth
Title: More Than Want You
Series: More Words #1
Author: Shayla Black
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: April 11, 2017
Cliff Hanger: No

4 Stars

*This story is for mature audiences only. Contains explicit scenes and language intended for adults 18+

Synopsis:
A fresh, sexy and emotional contemporary romance series by Shayla Black...

Romance Between The Sheets
Shayla Black started this series with a bang. Just like in past series, she makes characters complex that have you cursing them in one minute and cheering for them the next. She also gave us a cast of people that work perfectly in this story. The main characters are Maxon and Keeley. But there is also Britta who assists Maxon with his business but she is also his brother's ex-girlfriend. And she also had his nephew. Rob also works with Maxon but he is driven by success and is cutthroat about it. ...more
Shayna
OH WOW! I am on CLOUD NINE right now, you guys! When I learned of a brand new series from one of my all time favorite authors, I about FREAKED the FREAK OUT! Shayla Black has ALWAYS brought me to my happy place, no matter what genre she was writing in, and MORE THAN WANT YOU, book one in the sexy new MORE THAN WORDS series, is just another example of that. This is a fresh and exciting new romantic escape that I never wanted to end. Maxon Reed, charming as he was infuriating, completely stole my ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: didi-reviews

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Shayla Black’s writing style and was over the moon excited to hear that she was going to write a contemporary romance series! Ms. Black started her More Than Words series with a fun, sexy, intriguing romance that I could not put down!

Maxon is a hotheaded, sexy, competitive, stubborn and sexy real estate mogul. His goal is to continue to be the top luxury real estate agent. His biggest competition, his estranged brother Griff and Griff is closing in on taking the title
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
More Than Want You is filled with plenty of heartache, passion and surprises. I wasn't initially a fan of the story but it quickly grew on me.

"Invest in your heart for once. Fall in love. Care about someone who can love you back. Worry less about closing the deal and open yourself to someone who can share your life. Or you're going to wind up bitter."

Maxon Reed, real estate mogul and all-around jerk is looking to distract his brother, Griff, from winning over potential clients. He and Griff had
Shari Kay
Apr 28, 2017 marked it as skip-it
I'm just not that stupid...err nice

Kathleen R.
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: More Than Want You
Author: Shayla Black

4 unexpected stars

I can't remember the last time i read a book that had warm fuzzies going all over my body from connecting with the characters as i did. The first in her new series from Shayla Black, More Than Want You made me think of a mix of 'She's All That' (the movie) and another that i can't remember (bad me for that one, but i know i've seen it more times than i can count) about a boy and a girl coming up with a plan to trick another person
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, alpha-male
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

Maxon is this take no prisoners business man who wants the deal of a lifetime. The only thing standing in his way is his brother Griff. So how can he get Griff to back off so that he will be one who
gets the deal...

So when he's eye catches Keeley Sunshine Kent who is the total opposite of him he started making a plan. But maybe he can have a one night stand with her and then use her to distract his brother. What he didn't count on was the amazing chemist
Sheila Melo
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I can't be with someone who wants revenge more than they want me."

FINAL DECISION:  If you allow yourself to get over Maxon being a major jerk, this book is a wonderful journey for his character.  He learns what is really important in his life. His relationship with Keeley is rough and imperfect and finally wonderful.

THE STORY:  Maxon Reed is a man on a mission -- to get a deal from his estranged brother.  Maxon is willing to do just about anything -- including finding a woman to distract his br
April Symes
Another fantastic romance hit from Shayla Black! Whenever I read a SB book, I am transported to a beautiful plot, fabulous characters and delicious chemistry –With this brand new series , everything that I love and want from previous SB books is present and let me say, this is a awesome book and this is a fantastic and fresh new series one of my favorite authors.
MORE THAN WANT YOU , book 1 in the More than Words series is set in Hawaii.
Maxon Reed is a sexy and handsome man who is definitely a h
MiniMe
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
I did not like Keeley--or Max--or Griff--or their dad. Actually, there wasn't much I liked about this story even though that's not a criticism of the author or her talent as a writer. Sometimes I just don't connect with a story and that's what happened here. I doubt I'll be back for Griff's book in this new series.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy, ratula
Shayla Black novel's are synonymous with sexy alpha heroes and the women who bring them to their knees. So when I heard she was starting a new series I had to jump aboard. Set in the breathtaking city of Maui, Maxon Reed and Keeley Kent were absolutely sexy and perfect together.

At first glance you couldn't find more polar opposites than Maxon and Keeley. He is a driven workaholic who is obsessed with success and an unwavering need to best his brother. And she is a free spirited woman looking to
2OCC Reviews
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bea

More than Want you by Shayla Black (one of my favorites authors I must say) is a pretty cool book, I loved the setting (in Hawaii, someday I have to go there), we met Maxon and Keeley as they met at a bat, I promise this is the only spoiler Ill give away, and they go from there. I found this story refreshing because its not the typical 20 years old college girl and the arrogant billionaire dude, you guys who read me know I am not fond of those, but this one I like because these two are grown up
Amber
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maxon Maxon Maxon! I spent about half the book hating him and half of it loving him. Maxon is determined that he's going to beat his backstabbing brother at being able to sell this amazing property on Maui. Which seriously, it's Maui, is there a "bad" property?? Moving on, he's discussing the plan with his employees at a bar when he is struck. He sees the most gorgeous woman who he knows will be the perfect distraction for his brother from bidding on the property.

I love Keeley. There was never
Jenny
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book.
I do adore this author so when I met her at a signing, and she was introducing the new series - I was of course super excited.

It took me awhile to get into it ... then I kept waiting for the introduction of this brother Griff that was talked about so so much. But it never happened ... so we are suppose to be invested in this couple of Maxon and Keeley but it never felt that the story was fully about them.

It was more about Max - Well kind of ... maybe I didn't connec
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
This was way more heartfelt and emotional than I expected it to be. I have read this author before so I thought I knew what to expect but I was definitely taken by surprise. Sure there was heat, a whole lot of serious chemistry but it was also flirty and character heavy.

Maxon is a highly successful real-estate agent on the verge of more success but his brother is standing in his way. A brother who he has a whole lot of bad blood with. The key to keep his brother off his game? Find a distraction
Jara Beaubien
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Maxon Reed a mogul in real estate, a shark and a asshole , deals in big properties and mega money. Now he has property that would be the biggest deal in his life, but his brother stands in his way of the deal of a life time and just to make things interesting a very beautiful red head drops into his lap, and she would be the best distraction for his brother Griff.
College senior Keeley Kent accepts my challenge , to become my brothers perfect girlfriend, but somewhere along the line Maxon is the
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Maxon and Keeley I really don't know what to say about them. Keeley was such a sweet, gentle, strong woman who grabbed life by the horns. Maxon was a determined man who just wanted to be the best in his fathers eyes. Too bad he went about all the wrong way. They both were such complex characters that you really didn't know what to expect coming next.
I have always loved Shayla Black's writing style and this book was no different. It captured my attention and held it right till the end. Can't wai
Darcy
May 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, romance, 2017
I almost gave this one up early on. I didn't like the scenario that Maxon proposed to Keely, he seemed so shallow. What kept me reading was to see how this would blow up in his face. As the story went on I felt bad for Maxon, his family situation growing up was horrible, made me realize he was doing the best that he could. When things did blow up at the end they did in a way that I didn't expect, but I ended up liking, was glad that it lead to a true HEA for them.
Martha
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
***This book is part of a series***

I really love Shayla Black's writing style. This was a great book and had complex characters that bring out tons of feelings as usual.

Maxon Reed is your arrogant rich mogul who is used to getting what he wants. He has a rough past with his Brother, Griff, and will do anything to get him back. On a night out he meets Keeley Kent. Will she be the one that can finally get him the revenge he has been dreaming of?! Do not let the rough exterior of Maxon fool you. He
Once Upon
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know that moment as a reader where you want MORE. No, no...not the hearts and flowers. Those are nice but I'm talking about the FEELS.

Something that just delivers on an emotional level that makes you question EVERYTHING. Where the hero with a damaged childhood that scars who he is as a person yet makes him the most driven and ruthless person EVER...than in comes the heroine that all knocks you off your feet with her reasonable and calm self.

Here's the twist...does he fight for what will make
Angel Payne
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so incredible. Absolutely the best things Shayla Black has ever written. Loved these two together, and the new style of writing really fits her. Can't wait for the next one!
Ishabelle
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Shayla Black. This book isn't her usual sexy, BDSM-centered romance. However, I really loved this book. I super enjoyed the plot twists. The heroine feels too unreal, but hey, I loved her in the end. The hero was unbelievable at times, but aren't all heroes? I will read on with this series.
Samantha
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
For some reason Keeley just rubbed me the wrong way and I wanted to throat punch her. My rating is based on my enjoyment, not a commentary on the writing itself.
Bitchy
May 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn't really care for this story or the characters. Keeley is a do-gooder that lives in a world where she thinks everything should be sunshine & rainbows. She a flake who tries to fix everyone's problem but to me she's just naive & should mind her own business. And Maxson is a grade A asshole. The story as a whole was ridiculous & rage inducing. I didn't see the ending unwinding like it did but it made me like Keeley less than I already did.

I will say that it was well written &
Janet Rodman
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maxon Reed and his brother Griff were the top real estate agents on Maui until they had a falling out over a woman. Now they are both competing for the opportunity to get the Stowe account. Max comes up with a plan. Griff needs a distraction, someone to keep his head out of the game. While in a bar, Max hears Keeley singing onstage. After a night of passion, Max makes Keeley a proposal, he will pay her to distract his brother until he can seal the deal with the Stowe heirs. As they work together ...more
Heather andrews
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Keeley knows how to own her attitude, "she peels her lips off my neck and breathes in my ear. “What? No. The dress showed panty lines. Is being commando a problem?” Maxon can make his girl one happy woman, "...I’m going to make you delirious.” He grins at me. “Is it working so far?” I loved this book, Maxon liked to think he was boss, but we all knew Keeley held the power in her hands.
Rhonda
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Shayla Black's books and this new series is a wonderful and sexy start!!! Loved the characters and loved the fact that you can feel all the emotions and feelings in the writing!! I'm looking forward to the next book in this series!
20983
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than sixty novels. For nearly twenty years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold millions of copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of daydreami
More about Shayla Black...

More Than Words (3 books)
  • More Than Need You (More Than Words, #2)
  • More Than Love You (More Than Words, #3)