Start by marking “After Hello” as Want to Read:
After Hello

After Hello

(You Had Me at Hello #1.5)

A short story sequel to the bestselling romcom You Had Me At Hello!

In You Had Me At Hello, the one who got away came back… but what happened next?

Together, apart and then back together again, Rachel and Ben had a rollercoaster ride to get here. But now happily in love and partners in crime once more, it feels like it’s all been worth it.

But when a face from the past re

Published January 26th 2017 by HarperCollins

Start your review of After Hello
Yoda
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Susan's Reviews
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this free or for 99 cents (or something like that!) on Amazon.ca. This is a very welcome novella, carrying on from that lovely ending and making this story extra special. Loved it!
Salma
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rachel said : “Ah, fuck. Oh me of little faith.” And I say : Ah f@$?? . Oh me of little faith indeed ! I didn't see this happen.. me liking this book and tearing when I re read the last chapter again & again .. because the previous chapters were sometimes a little bit hard and painful to read ! I was so utterly sure that those lovebirds should never happened ! With a perfect plot Mhairi gave us a very realistic POV of the life after finding your person and a reminder that when you found her or h ...more
Jacqueline
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a freebie on Amazon and it catches up with Ben and Rachel of You Had Me At Hello, which I read and loved years ago.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed this author's work, she has a genuinely original voice, and her character observations are strikingly honest.

It was a short read with zero smut (sadly) but plenty of banter, wit and warm feels balanced with some angst. It was about an hour's read and even though I'd forgotten most of the detail of the first book, there were enough prompts t
Camilla Isley
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love everything by this author... a cute, short sequel to You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane ...more
Amanda
What a rollercoaster of emotions. Mhairi knows how to write a novella. I laughed so much and related to so many feelings/scenes. And, I'm crying.

Absolute perfection. I'll take a new novel whenever it's ready, please and thank you :)
Teresa
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
I was excited for this extended epilogue of sorts, because I really felt it was needed. But at first I was a little scared because it was an all sunshine and roses story. Ultimately I think it was an issue needing to be worked through, so I was here for it. It managed to, once again, make me snort with laugh, cry, and be on the edge of my seat. Even when acting in ways that could be annoying (and probably will be for some), I found it utterly ridiculous and, if I'm honest with myself, ways I cou ...more
Diem
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
READING AFTER HELLO IS LIKE CATCHING UP WITH OLD FRIENDS FOR A COFFEE

My heart feels like it's leaping out of my chest because BEN! OH BEN!

*impatiently waits for next Mhairi McFarlane book*
TARA
4.5 ☆

BEN AND RACHEL ARE MY EVERYTHING. I was torn in some gruesome knots during this and then I was absolute mush reading that ending, the flashback / mention to that very first scene of You had me at Hello. I'm dead!

''Want to know something ridiculous?'
I nod.
Ben leans in. 'I meant it the first time.'

Honestly I can't breathe at how real Mhairi's characters are, how they mark my heart and leave me longing for their company forever. I could have read 1000 more pages of them... Ben feeding their ca
Freda Mans-Labianca
Aug 02, 2020 rated it liked it
So I definitely want to read more from this author!
This little story was so sweet and pulled me into the life of Rachel and Ben. Now I want to know the back story, so of course I will be reading You Had Me At Hello. I felt invested in making sure all things surrounding them went well.
The whole story was fun and light and left me wanting more!
For readers that want to read this one, make sure you read the first book beforehand. I feel like you're not lost per say, but you need to the whole story o
Adriana Tomie
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed having the chance to read what happens after the happy ending. Relationships take work, open communication, trust and lots of love. Very enjoyable short story.
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)
****SPOILER WARNING IF YOU HAVEN'T YOU HAD ME AT HELLO******

I was dying to know what was next for Ben and Rachel after I last few lines of YOU HAD ME AT HELLO. If you were in the same boat as me, AFTER HELLO gives you a little of what you want. And the best part is that it’s FREE (as of the time of posting this review).

Flash forward two years later, Ben and Rachel are homeowners. They’re not married and enjoying being together. Rachel really wants to take that next step but does Ben?

There was a
Adriana C
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stas
Mandy
Jun 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2017
I can't do with this spotlight on relationship navel gazing. Every nuance of the protagonist's partners behaviour is scrutinised for signs that he is not the right man for her. She is forensic in her vigilance. It is diabolically boring, I kept waiting for some sort of plot to appear, but no, just her suspicious witch hunt of her boyfriend. Thankfully it is a short book.

I get the feeling I have read about this couple before? Going to scope that now.
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
3-3.5 Stars!
A fun, quick read following Rachel and Ben from You Had Me at Hello. I love when authors give readers a sneak peek into the “after” the HEA and what’s happening in the character’s lives. This could have worked as an epilogue in the original book but it was a freebie so I picked it up.
I love the author’s writing style and am now in the process of reading her backlist :)
This is a couple that I wish we could see over and over again ❤️
liv
3.5/5 stars.

Very cute and a lovely follow up to You Had Me at Hello.
Konnie
Since 'You Had Me At Hello' is one of my all-time faves, I was so excited and thrilled at the announcement of this book. I love Ben & Rachel's love story and just adore Ben so much!

This novella had me laughing out loud at some parts and even made my nose tingle and my eyes water a bit when the couple were at odds surprisingly!

I can't get enough of them and only wished the story was soooo much longer! I love how Mhairi is able to make the love between the two so real with their self-analysis of
Nomes
I love Mhairi McFarlane so much (her books have such a brilliant, funny UK vibe, with characters I genuinely care for). My two fave books of hers are You Had Me At Hello and Who's That Girl ~ so I was ridiculously thrilled to see Mhairi released a novella sequel to You Had Me at Hello (I've read YHMAT three times, I love it so). After Hello was pretty much perfect and I grinned my way through it ~ so happy to be back with Rachel and Ben (BEN!!!) and the gang.

Mhairi's books bring a whole heap of
Sara
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute short free sequel...

Mhairi makes me laugh, her humor is quite unique. You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane was one of my favorite books with its mix of New Adult back love story and Adult "second chance" feel... and it was nice to have a little peek at what happens after happily ever after and to meet again some favorite characters. It was like taking a coffee with an old friend, pleasant, comforting, and hilarious as it is that friend who always makes jokes :)
ALPHAreader
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did say that the best romances, much like fine meals, should leave you hungry for one more mouthful (even if it is just of mushy, syrupy happily-ever-after stuff!). But with ‘You Had Me At Hello’ I’ve gotta say, I was a little worried at where we ended up. I didn't so much want an extra mouthful, as another entrée to fill me up ... I can only thank the reading Gods that I came to this book in 2018, and had the follow-up short-story that was released to dive into straight after – which did answ ...more
Rachel
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect little read, and I got it free too, which is amazing for the author and publisher to do. It also contains a sample of the new novel, which I subsequently bought. Excellent idea.

Following on from You Had Me at Hello, which I loved, this short read is lovely - seeing their relationship past the ending of the last book. Really enjoyed delving into their world again.
Tanya
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
***This review may contain spoilers.***

It was an okay follow-up to You Had Me at Hello. Necessary? No. It’s a quick catch up on the happenings and going-ons of Ben and Rachel’s life together after Ben gets divorced. I say the follow up was unnecessary because it didn’t bring anything new to the table in regards to Ben and Rachel’s story. I could have guessed they were second thinking the other when it came to similar situations as if they were repeating their past mistakes even though everything
cloudyskye
Aug 03, 2020 rated it liked it
A very easy and short holiday read. I'm not much into sequels when the couple have at long last found each other, but Mhairi did a good job. I didn't remember much of the original story but that was no problem. It would probably work even if one hadn't read it at all.
Hannah
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed You Had Me at Hello so much that I immediately wanted to read the novella.
Uyen
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quite cute and very humorous in the familiar style of the first book. There was a lot of closure between all characters and was a great follow-up to close out the characters’ stories. Four stars.
Jules (Never enough time to read)
I loved it and although it took me a moment or two too remember Ben and Rachel it was really nice revisiting the characters and finding out a bit more about their HEA.

So far I have enjoyed everything I've read by Mhairi McFarlane.
Lisa
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-series, 5-stars
More of Ben and Rachel, THANK YOU!
Vicki theglambookworm
After Hello was a short story about Ben and Rachel's life after the conclusion of You Had Me At Hello. While it was great to see more of these characters, and see what happened to Rachel and her friends, the "conflict" in the story seemed kinda forced.

It could be because this was writen 4 years after YHMAH, but the characters of Rachel and Ben seemed a tad removed from what we grew to love orginally. Cute ending though.
Medina
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My heart is so content right now. Getting to visit Ben and Rachel again, even if only for a short while, was wonderful. I loved this little sequel. I loved it a lot.
Rosie Read
Mhairi McFarlane is one of my favourite authors and After Hello is the perfect bite-sized piece to keep you going while you wait for McFarlane's next book.

After Hello is the epilogue to You Had Me at Hello, McFarlane's first novel. At first I was worried that I wouldn't remember the characters well enough to really enjoy After Hello, but I needn't have worried; McFarlane's characters are so memorable and she does such a good job of reminded you of each, without info-dumping on you, that the I wa
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• You Deserve Each Other
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • The New Guy
  • The Minute I Saw You
  • Beginner's Luck (Chance of a Lifetime, #1)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • One Way Or Another
  • If We Ever Meet Again
  • Beach Read
  • Up Close and Personal
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • Best of Luck (Chance of a Lifetime, #3)
  • Just Saying
  • Our Stop
Mhairi was born in Scotland in 1976 and her unnecessarily confusing name is pronounced Vah-Ree.

After some efforts at journalism, she started writing novels. It’s Not Me, It’s You is her third book. She lives in Nottingham, with a man and a cat.

You Had Me at Hello (1 books)
  • You Had Me At Hello