Start by marking “After Hello (You Had Me at Hello, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
After Hello (You Had Me at Hello, #1.5)

After Hello

(You Had Me at Hello #1.5)

A short story sequel to the bestselling romcom You Had Me At Hello!

In You Had Me At Hello, the one who got away came back… but what happened next?

Together, apart and then back together again, Rachel and Ben had a rollercoaster ride to get here. But now happily in love and partners in crime once more, it feels like it’s all been worth it.

But when a face from the past re

Published January 26th 2017 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about After Hello, please sign up.

Start your review of After Hello (You Had Me at Hello, #1.5)
Blackjack
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is an unusually relevant epilogue, and I'm so impressed by how closely it matches the full length novel written five years earlier. I read the two separate books nearly back-to-back, but it felt as if the latter story followed right on the heels of You Had Me at Hello. The novel could have stood on its own, but the story does raise some tricky topics that I think this follow up novella does an excellent job addressing.

Swoony, romantic Ben proves once again that Rachel is the love of his lif
Yoda
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Salma
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rachel said : “Ah, fuck. Oh me of little faith.” And I say : Ah f@$?? . Oh me of little faith indeed ! I didn't see this happen.. me liking this book and tearing when I re read the last chapter again & again .. because the previous chapters were sometimes a little bit hard and painful to read ! I was so utterly sure that those lovebirds should never happened ! With a perfect plot Mhairi gave us a very realistic POV of the life after finding your person and a reminder that when you found her or h ...more
Susan's Reviews
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this free or for 99 cents (or something like that!) on Amazon.ca. This is a very welcome novella, carrying on from that lovely ending and making this story extra special. Loved it!
TARA
Loved it, again. Awwwwwww!

P.S Can I please have a novella, just like this for Who’s that girl AT LEAST...

4.5 ☆

BEN AND RACHEL ARE EVERYTHING TO ME. I was torn in some gruesome knots during this and then I was absolute mush reading that ending, the flashback / mention to that very first scene of You had me at Hello. I'm dead!

''Want to know something ridiculous?'
I nod.
Ben leans in. 'I meant it the first time.'

Honestly I can't breathe at how real Mhairi's characters are, how they mark my heart and
Jacqueline
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a freebie on Amazon and it catches up with Ben and Rachel of You Had Me At Hello, which I read and loved years ago.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed this author's work, she has a genuinely original voice, and her character observations are strikingly honest.

It was a short read with zero smut (sadly) but plenty of banter, wit and warm feels balanced with some angst. It was about an hour's read and even though I'd forgotten most of the detail of the first book, there were enough prompts t
Obsidian
Mar 20, 2021 rated it did not like it
And now I remember why I didn’t like the first book. Honestly the character of Rachel wasn’t my favorite the first time through and she’s still not in this standalone. If the book wasn’t free, I wouldn’t have even picked it up. It’s so weird too since I have loved McFarlane’s last two books. I think it just irks me that Rachel is manipulative but we’re supposed to be like ahh but she really loves Ben. I just thought the whole fight and lack of trust said something about how the two of them get t ...more
Camilla Isley
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love everything by this author... a cute, short sequel to You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane ...more
Teresa
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was excited for this extended epilogue of sorts, because I really felt it was needed. But at first I was a little scared because it was an all sunshine and roses story. Ultimately I think it was an issue needing to be worked through, so I was here for it. It managed to, once again, make me snort with laugh, cry, and be on the edge of my seat. Even when acting in ways that could be annoying (and probably will be for some), I found it utterly ridiculous and, if I'm honest with myself, ways I cou ...more
Mela
I’d rather have things go wrong with you than right with anyone else

I like the idea of showing what can go after HEA. But, in this case, it was written far from perfect.

I met again the splendid characters (and the wit) from You Had Me At Hello, and I bought the 'crack' between Ben and Rachel. On the other hand, I was bored with all those explanations about what happened in "You Had Me At Hello". I am not sure one could read this sequel without reading the previous book - so, what those repet
Freda Mans-Labianca
Aug 02, 2020 rated it liked it
So I definitely want to read more from this author!
This little story was so sweet and pulled me into the life of Rachel and Ben. Now I want to know the back story, so of course I will be reading You Had Me At Hello. I felt invested in making sure all things surrounding them went well.
The whole story was fun and light and left me wanting more!
For readers that want to read this one, make sure you read the first book beforehand. I feel like you're not lost per say, but you need to the whole story o
Adriana Tomie
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed having the chance to read what happens after the happy ending. Relationships take work, open communication, trust and lots of love. Very enjoyable short story.
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)
****SPOILER WARNING IF YOU HAVEN'T YOU HAD ME AT HELLO******

I was dying to know what was next for Ben and Rachel after I last few lines of YOU HAD ME AT HELLO. If you were in the same boat as me, AFTER HELLO gives you a little of what you want. And the best part is that it’s FREE (as of the time of posting this review).

Flash forward two years later, Ben and Rachel are homeowners. They’re not married and enjoying being together. Rachel really wants to take that next step but does Ben?

There was a
Amelie Marquez
Mar 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Thank you. I needed that short story. What a lovely, realistic sequel. I want another Ben-Rachel Book. They are amazing. Especially together.
Adriana C
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stas
Mandy
Jun 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2017
I can't do with this spotlight on relationship navel gazing. Every nuance of the protagonist's partners behaviour is scrutinised for signs that he is not the right man for her. She is forensic in her vigilance. It is diabolically boring, I kept waiting for some sort of plot to appear, but no, just her suspicious witch hunt of her boyfriend. Thankfully it is a short book.

I get the feeling I have read about this couple before? Going to scope that now.
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
3-3.5 Stars!
A fun, quick read following Rachel and Ben from You Had Me at Hello. I love when authors give readers a sneak peek into the “after” the HEA and what’s happening in the character’s lives. This could have worked as an epilogue in the original book but it was a freebie so I picked it up.
I love the author’s writing style and am now in the process of reading her backlist :)
This is a couple that I wish we could see over and over again ❤️
liv
3.5/5 stars.

Very cute and a lovely follow up to You Had Me at Hello.
Nomes
I love Mhairi McFarlane so much (her books have such a brilliant, funny UK vibe, with characters I genuinely care for). My two fave books of hers are You Had Me At Hello and Who's That Girl ~ so I was ridiculously thrilled to see Mhairi released a novella sequel to You Had Me at Hello (I've read YHMAT three times, I love it so). After Hello was pretty much perfect and I grinned my way through it ~ so happy to be back with Rachel and Ben (BEN!!!) and the gang.

Mhairi's books bring a whole heap of
Sara
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute short free sequel...

Mhairi makes me laugh, her humor is quite unique. You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane was one of my favorite books with its mix of New Adult back love story and Adult "second chance" feel... and it was nice to have a little peek at what happens after happily ever after and to meet again some favorite characters. It was like taking a coffee with an old friend, pleasant, comforting, and hilarious as it is that friend who always makes jokes :)
Catherine
Nov 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
I’m SCREAMING. This was exactly what I wanted in a sequel set after the end of You Had Me at Hello!!! Rachel and Ben supremacy idc. It’s been like 6+ months since I’ve read a decent romcom and even though this was only a 70 page short story, it far surpassed any of the trashy ones I’ve read since I sobbed through Mhairi’s last book. How does she do it???? I have now officially read her entire inventory so I guess it’s time to mope around reading other terrible romcoms until she writes the next o ...more
Lorna
Mar 21, 2022 rated it really liked it
I Needed This Sequel!

I just finished the first book, You Had Me at Hello, yesterday and I was having a total book hangover from from it. Then I realized I'd already had this one so naturally had to jump back in immediately. I'm happy to report that this book begins on the same night the first book ends. That made me especially happy!

All the main characters from the first book are still in the story with one notable exception and that was a happy exception. Not to worry, even this novella has a v
Rachel
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect little read, and I got it free too, which is amazing for the author and publisher to do. It also contains a sample of the new novel, which I subsequently bought. Excellent idea.

Following on from You Had Me at Hello, which I loved, this short read is lovely - seeing their relationship past the ending of the last book. Really enjoyed delving into their world again.
cloudyskye
Aug 03, 2020 rated it liked it
A very easy and short holiday read. I'm not much into sequels when the couple have at long last found each other, but Mhairi did a good job. I didn't remember much of the original story but that was no problem. It would probably work even if one hadn't read it at all. ...more
Hannah
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed You Had Me at Hello so much that I immediately wanted to read the novella.
Uyen
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quite cute and very humorous in the familiar style of the first book. There was a lot of closure between all characters and was a great follow-up to close out the characters’ stories. Four stars.
Debbie
Mar 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Cute, loved the ending!
Lori
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐️'s. A perfect ending for a perfect book!! ...more
Rebecca
3.5 STARS

For anyone that has read You Had Me at Hello, this short story was a much needed glimpse into the ever after. I enjoyed it and only wish it were longer!
Jules (Never enough time to read)
I loved it and although it took me a moment or two too remember Ben and Rachel it was really nice revisiting the characters and finding out a bit more about their HEA.

So far I have enjoyed everything I've read by Mhairi McFarlane.

• The Rebound
  • The No-Show
  • One Night Only
  • Perfect Alibis
  • Just Haven't Met You Yet
  • Before I Do
  • In Case You Missed It
  • Wake Up Sloth
  • The Road Trip (The Road Trip, #1)
  • What's Your Sign? (Cupids #2)
  • Holiday Romance
  • I Followed the Rules
  • It Was Always You
  • The Wedding Game
See top shelves…
Mhairi was born in Scotland in 1976 and her unnecessarily confusing name is pronounced Vah-Ree.

After some efforts at journalism, she started writing novels. It’s Not Me, It’s You is her third book. She lives in Nottingham, with a man and a cat.

You Had Me at Hello (1 books)
  • You Had Me At Hello (You Had Me At Hello, #1)