Start by marking “Never Touch a Dinosaur” as Want to Read:

Never Touch a Dinosaur

(Never Touch series)

Board book, 12 pages
Published February 12th 2017 by Make Believe Ideas

To ask other readers questions about Never Touch a Dinosaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Touch a Dinosaur

Start your review of Never Touch a Dinosaur
Jon Nakapalau
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A tactile book that knows you will do what it is telling you not to do! The pieces of rubber (dinosaur skin) on the illustrations will be a big hit with small children.
Troy
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An intellectual masterpiece.
Erin
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
My four year old got this for his birthday and we've read it several times. We like the bits on the pages that we can touch...yes, even me. The story is super cute and I love the art. I do wish there was just a bit more to the story but there are a lot of days that I really appreciate the brevity.
Cherokee
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
My kids and I love this little book.
Its filled with beautiful and bright illustrations and easy rhymes.
My toddler loves the colors and the textures.
Bronwyn
This is such a cute little book. The poem is really charming and I love the touchable parts on each page!
Claire Polasek
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Genre: Baby/Board or Interactive Book
Award(s): None
Audience: Infants-Pre-K

A. This is a board book, made out of thick material, with areas for children to "feel" the dinosaurs.
B. This book has physical texture that matches with the words. When they refer to the dinosaurs' spine there are ridges along the dino's back where young children can experience the spine. This engages children and solidifies the meaning of the words.
C. I would use this with young children as a bedtime story to build
H
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With the recent spate of Jurassic World books, where are the new dinosaur books for the little ones? Here!

Never Touch a Dinosaur! is a touch-and-feel book that is different than the norm. Instead of the usual sandpaper, sisal weave, and fluffiness, these dinosaurs are all nubbly! The dinosaurs have differently textured rubber spikes and stripes. It would be a rather good change of pace for those younglings that like to touch what they are reading (perhaps, especially those with sensory needs).
Kelley Carroll
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never Touch a Dinosaur, by Rosie Greening, is such a fun book to read to younger elementary students. I read this book to my “kindergarten friend” for an assignment for a class last week, and it was a huge hit. He loved it. The different “spikes” on each page of the book for the students to feel add such a unique touch to this book. The students not only get read to, but they get to interact with the book by touching the different dinosaurs on each page. I would suggest doing a whole lesson on ...more
DrPorkChop
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute and fun little book about the dangers of touching dinosaurs. This is a sturdy board book that has hard plastic inserts that replicate the feel of the dinosaurs. My youngest daughter loves the book and has me go through it at least three or four times before moving on. Definitely recommend this for the younger ones as they’ll love the tactile feel of the plastic and then begin to enjoy the story as they grow older.
Nikki Mackay
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Got this book after "Never Touch a Monster" and "Never Touch a Dragon". I liked the rhymes and thought it would be a good baby book as well as a good book to start learning how to read with should it last that long. I did find a lot of the books of this in the store were damaged to begin with (broken spines mostly) but the one I did get seems to be lasting longer than expected.
Petra
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
This book is great. The illustrations are super cute, the story is fun and the tactile pieces provide a different sensory experience for kids than other sensory books. My 2 month old loves it and gets a kick out of the noise that the spines on the front of the book make when I run my fingers on it.
Heather Rainwater-Alvarado
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We purchased this book for my 10 month old daughter and she is obsessed with the textures on the pages of this book, and especially the cover. The story has a great rhyme to it, but the textures really sell the book to toddlers. I'm looking forward to enjoying this book with my daughter for years to come.
Sabreen
Jul 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book: don't touch a dinosaur

Also this book: *puts fun rubbery textures that kids can't resist on the dinosaurs*

It confuses my 3 yo nephew.

Also, sends the message that it's ok to touch things even if you've been told not to. Not helpful if u want ur kid to respect boundaries
Kristina
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoy having this book for the children to touch and feel and for me to label what each one feels like. The children enjoy feeling the softness of one page compared to the bumps on the next page. They find the bright colors entertaining.
Danielle Lardeo
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My 1 year old loves to touch the different textures on each page and I appreciate that there *are* different textures on each page. A simple read with bright colorful graphics, it keeps my daughter pretty well entertained.
Kathleen
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My toddler loves this series of books. The touch and feel aspect on each page is perfect for him, and the rhymes are clever enough that i enjoy reading it. I'll pick this series up at the library every time I see one
Kristin
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First book we purchased after finding out I was pregnant and the first colorful book that holds our babies attention. Simple images and words but lots of color and texture. Cute book.
NayDoubleU
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-kids
Really loved the rhyming and the colors in this book. I like that the tangible pages can be easily cleaned. Great for infant/toddler classroom.
Lil Old Bookworm
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My four month old loves this book. The colors are bright, and the book has touchable parts on each page that she enjoys feeling and keeps her interest. The story is cute too.
Sarah Newman
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hardcopy, for-sh, library
Dinosaurs are a pretty big deal in our house at the moment, and while this is aimed at younger kids than my daughter, it was very fun! We liked the tactile bits a lot.
Meg
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, board-books
One of the highest-quality board books I've seen! Great tactile features.
Rita
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Kid gives it 5 stars
Jeremy
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the textures on this book!
Viviane Elbee
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute board book with textures to touch on each page, despite rhymes saying not to touch the dinosaurs. Good for babies & young toddlers with thick cardboard pages.
Ken Anderson
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I put this on my reading list because I spend many hours reading this with my 10 month old grandson. His favorite book!
Cassandra Corrigan
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book and the other "Never Touch A..." books for a friend's baby shower. I love the tactile sensations, perfect for a stimulating and developing a baby's sense of touch.
Kaitlyn
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE these touch-and-feel books! The kids love them, too.
Alisha
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A cute touchy feels book to read for my son's reading time.
Brenda
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My baby loved this book! It has a lot of bright colors and a cute story.
Olivia Slykhuis
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute board book with rubber textured insets about how you shouldn't pet dinosaurs! Cute. Would use and display. Good for younger kids, but they'll probably all want to touch it, I did.

• The Dinky Donkey
  • Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA
  • There's a Dragon in Your Book
  • Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
  • The Going to Bed Book
  • Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?
  • Cuddle Bear
  • I Love You, Animally
  • Llama Llama Holiday Drama
  • Little Blue Truck's Springtime
  • Dinosaur Kisses
  • Moo, Baa, La La La!
  • How to Catch A Snowman (Barnes and Noble Exclusive)
  • How to Catch an Elf
  • Everything is Mama
  • Snuggle Puppy! (Boynton on Board)
  • But Not the Hippopotamus

Never Touch series (7 books)
  • Never Touch A Spider! (Touch and Feel)
  • Never Touch a Monster
  • Never Touch a Dragon (Touch & Feel)
  • Never Touch a Shark