Start by marking “100 Hugs” as Want to Read:
100 Hugs

100 Hugs

100 Hugs is a gorgeous collection of hugs from Children's Laureate Chris Riddell is the perfect gift for a loved one, or to cheer yourself up on a dark day. The beautiful illustrations from three-time winner of the CILIP Kate Greenaway Medal covers every possible type of hug you can think of, but one thing is for certain: every one will touch your heart.
Published January 12th 2017 by Macmillan Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about 100 Hugs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Hugs

Start your review of 100 Hugs
Stacey (prettybooks)
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Stacey by: Charlie
Thank you to my housemate, Charlie, for gifting me this lovely book to cheer me up! It's exactly what it says: Chris Riddell has sketched 100 different hugs, accompanied by poignant literary quotes. Perfect for when you're in need a hug yourself.
Marie the Librarian
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
THIS IS SUCH A SWEET BOOK AND I LOVE IT
John of Canada
This was going to get 5 stars no matter what.I have put on a lot of gift lists,including my own.
Madeline
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-books, non-fiction
Great book!

Love the beautiful words and the pictures.

I tried to name each and every "hugger" but I am unfamiliar with some of these fairytale or stories the characters derived from.

P.S.

I down loaded this e-story from my library, all of my pictures were in black and white. I was wondering if the actually hard covered book was also in black and white.

Basma
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is very sweet. I love Chris Riddells illustrations. ...more
Angela Watt
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I bought this as a valentine's gift for my husband. It's absolutely adorable.

Enough said!
Ellie
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You might have noticed I'm a fan of Chris Riddell.
A Severs
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This actually works. Looking at the pictures of hugs actually makes you feel warm inside. Plus spotting the famous characters is great fun.
Sora
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes I like to think that turns the pages of illustrated books is like to read. Maybe not read but write your own stories while you turn the pages, reading in your mind. Actually I did not feel the hugs in this book but in some way is kind of warm. Maybe I need a hug, not imagine the hugs. I have to recognize that the idea is awesome and the illustrations are pretty creative (even though I did not know some of the characters )
Jordan
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The loveliest book - it will warm your heart! and glorious illustrations, of course!
Andrew
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Utterly charming and beautifully heart-warming.
Ruth
Delightful little book of hugs ! Superb drawings with little quotes thrown in. Just perfect.
Jess Jackson
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-to-read
This is such a cute little book, being a fan of Chris Riddle I was automatically going to like this book.
Its basically a whole book of characters sketched by Chris Riddle hugging. As simple as it might sound, well it is simple, it's also beautiful and heart warming. A little bit of love in such tough times.
Kirsty Stanley
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stunning illustrations and each one makes me want to write a story.
Ally Allen
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Délice
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
100 Hugs by Chris Riddell is a tiny book bursting with huge love. Every page features a different hug. There are parent and children hugs, animal hugs, alien hugs, two-way and three-way hugs, mythical creature hugs and even adorable hugs featuring creatures hugging favorite objects! Many of the characters are recognizable from fairy tales and fables, such as Alice and the White Rabbit, and the Elves from the Elves and the Shoemaker, others are purely from Chris Riddell's endless imagination. ...more
Julia Mesrobian
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Chris Riddell draws beautifully with his own very recognisable genre. I loved each and every one of his 100 drawn hugs. As he says in this book, they warmed my heart.
What better skill than being able to move someone and tell them a story with just one drawing?
Of course this book wouldn't be complete without a few wise quotes here and there from the masters of literature, life and love such as Emily Bronte and Shakespeare.
Get your own copy ASAP.
Heydi Smith
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-one-on-one
This is an incredible and sweet book. It features quotes from authors about love and friendship. There are 100 hugs taking place in this book. Can you see them all? The characters pictured are breathtaking. Some I recognized - Alice and the White Rabbit, some I remembered from Riddell's other wondrous illustrations, and some I just gazed at in awe.

Well worth having a look!
Angie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review: This was a cute little book with a few quotes on love and friendship and a wide variety of illustrations of hugs. The illustrations range from somewhat odd like 2 unicorns hugging to cute like a family of polar bears cuddled up together. It is a nice little lift me up to have on my shelves.
Ellie Loredan
This little book truly brought me joy and I will revisit it time and time again. Chris Riddell's illustrations are pure magic. I cannot put into words how much I love his drawings. I also loved recognising familiar faces and maybe in time I'll get to know the identity of others. Some books just don't need (much) text. This one is one of them.
Maggie Hesseling
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
In need of a hug? This is the perfect book. Pages and pages of people, creatures and more hugging each other. Some incredibly recognisable from literature (like Alice in Wonderland and Hobbits) but also some great quirky ones (Batgirl and Superman) and animals (platypyus's... platypi?) Chris Riddell's beautiful illustrations will make you want to nose through it over and over again.
Desna
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book. The art work is beautiful, funny, warm, just delightful and perfect as a gift. A few poignant quotes but an wonderful book show-casing the talent of illustrator Chris Riddell.
Further review at https://booktrailers4kidsandya.wordpr...
Anu
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming

Incredible collection of illustrated hugs by Chris Riddell with inspiring and meaningful quotes for life. Kudos to adorable illustration of fairytales, animals and humans.
Kara Lynsdale
A beautifully illustrated book that will bring comfort and joy to all who read it. I bought a copy for a friend whos having a tough time and needed a good hug (or 100!). Its a lovely way to lift the spirit by showing someone that you care. ...more
Bumblebeebookworm
Such a sweet book, showing that love is unconditional and so is friendship and everyone could for sure use a hug.
Macklin
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Beautiful. Makes me incredibly happy.
Sanja_Sanjalica
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With great simplicity of emotions and great depth of illustrations, this is a book where pictures do speak a 1000 words. Such a wonderful book to hug.
Melissa
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet & heartwarming
Nigethan
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, best-of-2018
Utterly, utterly gorgeous! Has magical properties that help you calm down or get to sleep, however worried or stressed you might be. Everyone needs a copy of this on their bedside.

Ambsg
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very cute and warming to the heart!

• Art Matters
  • Hambriento
  • Franklin's Flying Bookshop
  • Harry Potter: A Journey Through Potions and Herbology (Harry Potter: A Journey Through, #2)
  • Bird
  • The Black Flamingo
  • The Glass of Lead and Gold
  • Croqueta y Empanadilla (Croqueta y Empanadilla, #1)
  • L'impronta dell'editore
  • Кедер
  • Sad Animal Facts
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • O.B. 1 (Occupation to Beloved)
  • The Sleeper and the Spindle
  • O.B. 2
  • The Pits of Hell
  • Miyoko Asagaya Kibun
  • Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass
Chris Riddell was born in Cape Town, South Africa, where his father was an Anglican priest and a member of the ANC. The family moved to England in 1963, when Riddell was one year old, and he spent his childhood in a number of different locations, as his father moved between parishes. Both of Riddell's parents continued to be active in the anti-apartheid movement.

Chris Riddell is an internationally