Start by marking “The Worst Best Man” as Want to Read:
The Worst Best Man

The Worst Best Man

It was her special day... but his worst nightmare.

A rekindled romance wasn't part of the plan.

Despite his American background, August O'Leary is the most sought-after wedding planner in London. Naturally, Libby and Edward come to him for a wedding the city will never forget. But Edward is an international businessman, so the details are left to Libby and her best friend-
Kindle Edition, Dreamspun Desires #27, 168 pages
Published February 1st 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Worst Best Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Worst Best Man

Start your review of The Worst Best Man
* A Reader Obsessed *
3 Stars

This was my first Dreamspun Desires book, and I have to say on a whole, it was pretty good with just some niggles.

Way back when in college, August and Christopher were fabulously in love. They were inseparable and believed they’d never be apart. However, they were from vastly different worlds, with most likely hundreds of millions of dollars separating them in social status, and ultimately, Christopher was pressured by his parents to break things off with August. Ever since then, Christop
Chelsea
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-goodness, bmbr, meh
2 hearts

Well this was a disappointment. Honestly, I really wasn’t expecting much from this, as in I was hoping for some ridiculously cheesy ‘The Wedding Planner’ type story, nothing amazing but fun nonetheless. Unfortunately it didn't really do that for me either.

August and Christopher dated for three years in college (at oxford), Christopher is from an upper-class English family and August is a middle class American. Christopher's parents pressure him to break it off with August, which he does
Sandra
In this latest installment of the Dreamspun Desires series, we are introduced to August O'Leary, an American who went to college in the UK, fell deeply in love, got engaged, got dumped, and now, eight years later, works as a high-end event planner in London. He's got great friends, but hasn't allowed anyone to get close to him since his fiance broke off their engagement at the behest of the fiance's class-conscious mother.

You see, in Britain, one mustn't marry someone from the working class when
Sheri
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second chances are almost always a win for me. I enjoy the redemption and groveling. I love it when obstacles are overcome and true love is given another opportunity. I especially adore it when they make it happen, despite their failures the first time around. O’Shea takes us across the pond and into the beauty and chaos of wedding planning with an unexpected twist. The best man is a flash from the wedding planner’s past. To say August has been harboring hurt feelings would be putting it lightly ...more
Dee
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up for enjoyment factors.
This was exactly what it seems to be - a gay mills & boon style romance. It was adorable, sweet, light, easy reading, silly and just what I wanted to read. Plus the editing and grammar were well done! So why not a full 4 stars? Mainly the abrupt ending, minorly a few location nibbles - I'm a Londoner, born and bred and still residing - in fact I'm a central Londoner, not even the suburbs. Some of the little details jarred me out of the story, but this i
NP
Feb 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
**Spoilers: review is outline of the plot**

Summary of this book:

Rich Twat: Hey mummy and daddy have told me I can't date you any more and because I'm a rich twat, even though I am desperately in love with you, I love money more so byeeee.

Doormat: I am going to live the life of a monk because Rich Twat was the love of my life.

10 years later.

Rich Twat: Hey, there's that guy I dumped because mummy and daddy said I had to, and even though I realised it was a huge mistake almost immediately, I was t
BWT

August O'Leary, originally from Massachusetts, went to college in England, fell deeply in love with Christopher Burke, spent three blissful years together, then got dumped - badly - because Christopher wouldn't stand up to his parents.

Eight years later, August works as a high-end event planner in London and the story begins when his newest client, Libby, walks in with her best friend - Christopher Burke, the man who shattered August's heart.

This is a second chance romance, and while I normally
Anna Goerlitz
Review originally posted here: http://openskyebookreviews.com/the-wo...

Review copy donated by publisher, in ecxchange for an honest review.

I was raised on Harlequin romances. I have read hundreds and hundreds of them in my teenage years. And I love the concept of the Dreamspun series, where authors pay homage to the tropes of Harlequin romances in days gone by. And with that being said, I have to say that this leaves me in a slight dilemma.

Because this book certainly lives up to the trope it is
Serena Yates
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017, gay
The adventures of wedding planners are often extremely amusing – if you’re not part of the happy couple or the wedding planner concerned. August is a perfect example of the kind of temperament needed to be successful in this nerve-racking career, and to find him, as an American, working and living in London was a particular treat for me. When he runs into Christopher, the man who broke his heart years ago, I knew things would either go catastrophically wrong or it would be highly romantic for th ...more
Alicia
3.5 stars. Would have been more as I was enjoying it, but the not communicating, silly behaviour, and abrupt ending ruined it for me.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Long ago, when I first started reading MM romances, I read one by MJ O’Shea that absolutely hooked me on the genre. And though I’ve read a few of the author’s works since then and enjoyed them all, none positively captured my heart quite as much as the first—until this story. I don’t know that it was the plot that engaged me so much as it was the writing style and the rich character development. MJ O’Shea swept me up to new romantic highs, and dropped me down to the depths of emotional despair, ...more
Lisa The Novel Approach
I really enjoyed this one; so far, the Dreamspun Desire books have just been getting better and better. I’m totally into this whole guaranteed HEA, light and easy, fun romance thing that Dreamspinner is doing with these books. It’s also interesting and entertaining to watch writers I know and like bring their own unique style and talent to the whole trope-y, genre romance table.

M.J. O’Shea gives a wonderful showing in The Worst Best Man. It’s a second chance story (woot, woot!), where fate throw
Tam
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
August (American) and Chris (Brit) were inseparably in love in uni. However once Chris' parents forbid it, Chris dropped August like a hot potato. August has never really gotten over it, but he's now a sought after wedding planner for a prestigious company in London. He gets a high level client and the bride has a "best man" who is... drum roll please... Christopher.

Needless to say this causes lots of friction as Christopher decides to try and win August back and August is determined that Chris
Ng
Feb 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-2018-uc
Two spineless people who cannot fight for what they want, but end up forgiving each other and falling into the bed.

Jacki
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through Wicked Reads.

This is an interesting book to write a review for. I didn't struggle to read this and I thought it was written with skill. It didn't feel like it was a "dime-a-dozen" amateur written book. I enjoyed that the couple was from two different places as I am my husband are from England and the USA as well. The references weren't way off or dragging me from the story like so many others I have read have done. I defini
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
August came to London from Boston for college and met what he thought was the love of his life with Christopher. They were in love all through college and planning their life together until Christopher dumped him. Even though it was about 8 Years Ago, August has never really gotten over it . He lives his life as a party planner and still lives in London, he has great friends and loves his job . August has never really had any other relationships since. He thought Christopher was his forever unti ...more
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

The Dreamspinner Desires books are such wonderful guilty pleasures! And they don’t get much better than this one. A successful event planner is thrown back together with the man he fell in love with at Oxford. And that man just happens to be a wealthy, slightly socially awkward aristocrat torn between his true love and parental expectations. Aww.

August is a brilliant leading man. Ten years after Christopher ditched him, he has
Joyfully Jay
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: camille
A Joyfully Jay review.

I really enjoyed this take on the wedding planner as love interest theme. Instead of building strife by having the wedding planner fall in love with one of the two people getting married, however, O’Shea works it in by giving August and Christopher a hefty history. Specifically, they’d met and fallen in love at university and Christopher proposed when they were seniors, only to break it all off at the behest of his class-obsessed mother. Even though the details a
Lelyana's Reviews
Finding out that your best friend's wedding planner is your (young) love and still obsessed on, is a shock for Christopher.
Never recovered from a heartbroken he had made for himself for being coward, made him thinking about it again, reevaluate.
But you know, young love. Weak and all. What's parents said was an absolution. And Christopher was no exception. Obeyed.
But he broke his heart, no...no only his , but August's as well.
I liked the idea of a second chance love, it was cute and romantic.
But
DaisyGirl
4.5 (4.0) stars

I loved most of this story BUT I felt Christopher got off way too easy for his last offense. The reconciliation was to quick and he never apologized (i.e., said "I'm sorry")! Weak!!!
Crystal Marie
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Worst Best Man by M.J. O’Shea is a contemporary romance about clashing of the social classes. The last person wedding planner August O’Leary expects to see with his latest client is his ex-boyfriend Christopher Burke. Luckily for them, Christopher is there as a supportive friend in the busy groom’s place. It doesn’t take long for their romance to rekindle, but will their social statuses still stand in their way?

The Worst Best Man is a strangely deep look at the effect of family wealth – or l
Curtis
Christopher is more than happy to help his best friend Libby as her best man at her wedding. After all, planning a wedding should be fun, right? Until he learns that the wedding planner is August, the love of his life, whom he let go years ago and never even began to get over. And August wants nothing to do with him. But they can be professional and get through the wedding...at least that's what August thinks. Because Christopher wants him back. And will stop at nothing to make that happen. This ...more
Jessi
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In college, August O'Leary and Christopher Burke were inseperable. They were even going to get married until Christopher unexpectedly broke August's heart. And now he's back in August's life... as the best friend of the bride who's wedding will be the wedding of the century (or at least really, really big -- August can't afford to turn it down.) There's a lot of back and forth with Christopher trying to get August back and then both of them being asshats until Christopher makes a Big Gesture.
Katy Beth Mckee
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, weddings
This is a sweet nail biter where you keep wondering if either guy will get it right. Christopher without even meaning too seems to make the same mistake of not talking the while story which makes things look bad. And August while professes to want to start again still clings to a lot of the past hurt which makes jumping to the wrong conclusion really easy. But somehow time and help form friends finally really communicate and give themselves a choice.
Kelsey Yost
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Eh...

So it's probably just my own preferences but I've never been a fan of stories that rekindle past relationships, so this book, while likable characters and good writing, just fell flat for me.
Chris
A sweet second chance romance story. August and Christopher are great characters who end up meeting again after years apart and get a second chance with each other.
Erebia
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nope. Too much Dreamspun Desires and not enough MJ.
Jessica James
3.5 STARS
Lidia
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is said that third time is the charm , I hope not for August. I like this nice story, all but Christopher. However ,true love is worth second and third chances.
Nicole
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 Light and fluffy. Not my favorite M.J. O'Shea, but still rather enjoyable. ...more

• Cowboy Seeks Husband
  • Extrasensual Perception
  • Superhero
  • Recipe for Romance
  • Shortbread and Shadows (Hedge Witches Lonely Hearts Club #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Gemini Keeps Capricorn (Signs of Love, #3)
  • Date Me, Bryson Keller
  • Planting His Dream (Planting Dreams, #1)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Lost and Found (Twist of Fate #1)
  • Secret Admirer (Love Notes, #1)
  • Love in Spades (Four Kings Security, #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Pisces Hooks Taurus (Signs of Love, #4)
  • What the Frack? (The ABCs of Spellcraft #7)
  • Merry Cherry Christmas
  • Getting His Man (Getting His Man, #1)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
MJ O’Shea has never met a music festival, paintbrush, or
flower crown she can stay away from. She loves rainstorms
and a perfect cup of tea, beach days, music, bright colors, and
more than anything a cozy evening with a really great book.

She is from the Pacific Northwest. While she still lives there
and loves it, MJ has the heart of a wanderer. So she puts all
her dreams of far off places and extraordi