Start by marking “Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)” as Want to Read:
Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)

Archangel's Viper

(Guild Hunter #10)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  10,452 ratings  ·  1,018 reviews
Enter New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh’s breathtakingly passionate Guild Hunter world with the story of a woman who isn’t a vampire or an angel…or human…

Once a broken girl known as Sorrow, Holly Chang now prowls the shadowy gray underground of the city for the angels. But it’s not her winged allies who make her a wanted woman—it’s the unknown power coursing
Mass Market Paperback, 361 pages
Published September 26th 2017 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Archangel's Viper, please sign up.
Solaris Definitely, Terika. They're haters. And we all just love haters.

I am sick of it. It's a broken record.

Shows a lack of respect for Raphael. Begrudging…more
Definitely, Terika. They're haters. And we all just love haters.

I am sick of it. It's a broken record.

Shows a lack of respect for Raphael. Begrudging his mate, blaming Elena, instead of Raphael for Raphael's choice? Weak. They act like the jealous BFF trope. And if the Seven were actually truly loyal to Raphael, they'd quit their whining and accept it. Disparaging Elena, putting her down, and complaining about her helps this 'at risk' situation they're upset about how? It doesn't. They don't have to love her, but showing some respect and objectivity would be more conducive to their positions as an archangel's elite. Instead, they're petty and insolent.

So what if they still do their duty and would die to protect Elena? That noble sacrifice is lost in the text, because they're always mouthing off to/about Elena, belittling her, condescending to her, mocking her, warning her, fussing at Raphael about her, etc.

Does anyone hate the First Lady for being the First Lady, or resent the president (or any head of state) for having a First Lady, or say 'get rid of her' because she makes the president vulnerable? No. The Secret Service just does it. It's part of the job and it's what they signed up for. I don't know why the Seven aren't written with more consideration to that.

After everything Elena has done to embrace her new life. How hard she has worked (well actually it's who she naturally is to give everything her all I think), the battles she's come through, her effectiveness at combat, the numerous attempts on her life by how many super powerful immortals that she's survived/defeated time after time, especially given her "baby immortal" status... I don't see how she's not proven herself in anyone's eyes. Her little human gun saved Raphael and all of New York/the world in Book 1. So yeah. I think she's earned her stripes. A few times over.

The Seven's constant attitude of nonacceptance has become something they are willfully continuing instead of, again, being more objective of how worthy Elena actually is, given the evidence. That is prejudice. I know I know. It's just a work of fiction, but it's still prejudice and it lessens them, as they say. "The Seven are extraordinary. ...and prejudiced." That's doesn't have a very nice ring to it.

Even Titus acknowledges and respects Elena's caliber.

And yes, it is bullshit that Honor, *Mahiya, Ash, *Andromeda, *Jessamy are all shown respect and immediate acceptance. I noticed that too. Naasir is all fawning adoration for Honor and Ash-----from the get-go, yet doesn't show any kind of that purring feline warmth toward Elena until when, the seventh book? What exactly is Nalini trying to sell with that?

Yet Singh keeps pointing out again and again and again and again and again how much of a weakness Elena is for Raphael and how pissy certain members of the Seven are about it. I re-read these books constantly --I think it's my favorite series ever now, but I'm getting burned out on Dmitri's shit, Venom's shit, and Galen too, every time they mouth off to/about Elena. I won't touch on the violations that is Dmitri's scent thing here.

*Andromeda, Jessamy, Mahiya all have high statuses among immortals, so the Seven being involved with them ultimately compromises Jessamy's and Andromeda's neutrality, and it endangers them. They are the Seven's greatest weaknesses. Yet somehow that's OK, but it's not for Raphael? Is not Jessamy's and Andromeda's neutrality as angelkind's historians called into question because they both shack up with a Seven? Is that not a conflict of interest? Yet...... it's perfectly accepted and no one bitches at them or Jessamy or Andromeda for their relationships? Hypocrites.

I don't give a crap about any of the reasoning, or that Raphael is an archangel and Elena is an archangel's consort. The first twenty times the Seven bitched and moaned about it was enough. I think we got it. I'm over it. But Nalini is not apparently. Is there some long-term design going on here that will eventually see the light? Can Nalini get a new tune for the Seven already? Cuz this shit was exhausted by the time we got through Arc's Consort.

*gets off soap box* Thanks for letting me vent and rant...what an essay.(less)
Marked Twaine I've found out there is meant to be at least two more novels before the Elle / Raphael storyline wraps up.

·  10,452 ratings  ·  1,018 reviews

Start your review of Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3 Stars

I'm going to keep this brief and vague so as to avoid any spoilers...

In short, I had really high hopes for Venom and Holly.

description

We met both of these characters very early on in the series and I just knew both of their individual books would be epic.

Needless to say, you can imagine my excitement when I saw that they were actually going to be a couple in this one...

Well.

I don't know if it's a result of too high expectations or - ahem - the fact that a lot of the story felt like an Alien/Body
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
NOW AVAILABLE.

Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

V E N O M.

I don't know about you guys, but of all the mysterious mystery men in Raphael's coterie, Venom probably held the least interest for me.

That's not to say he held no interest--this is Singh we're talking about--just that of all the intriguing men up for grabs, Venom might've wound up my last pick.

You: Y no Venom love?

Me: Umm . . . b/c probably a parselmouth.

You: Pfft. Lies.

Me: Also, he's POISONOUS.

And let's be realistic, just b/c I'm a proud, card-
Jilly
If anyone says "kitty", "kitties", or "kitten" to me within the next 24 hours, I may just go into a homicidal rage.

Venom calls Holly "Kitty" 89 times in this book. 89!!!!!!!!!

So, my husband calls me "baby" or "babe", right? But, he doesn't address me as such every single time he talks to me. It isn't normal. As a matter of fact, it is so abnormal that I would think he either had a stroke, developed Tourettes Syndrome, or was trying to start a fight with me.

Holly even asks Venom multiple times N
Aisling Zena
3.5-4 stars

Review now posted 16/10/17

If there's one thing I love, it's the "hate" to love trope. There's something about the animosity and snarkiness mixed with chemistry that just does it for me. You wait at the edge of your seat for the moment when the figurative bites become literal and their world ignites. Especially when it's done right. And Nalini Singh definitely gets it right here.

description

That said, I did feel like there was something missing. I think N.S. shot herself in the foot a bit by maki
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

✮✮✮ 5 STARS ✮✮✮

When I started this series I was seriously impressed with all the so obviously different personalities Nalini Singh equipped her characters with. No one was just an accessory, they all had a purpose and they all displayed distinguishing features. After Illium I was the most intrigued by Venom, the sangfroid, snarky member of Raphael's Seven. Needless to say I was over the moon when I saw his book popping up and although it wasn't a surprise wh
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Jan 28, 2017 marked it as i-want-it-yesterday
20/3/2017

Look at this awful cover! It's ugly!:'(

But I still can't wait for Viper and Sorrow's story!!

****************************

Venom's book is coming and I couldn't be happier unless it was the Aodhan-Ilium one that NS just needs to write! I only hope though that the heroine is Sorrow otherwise I won't be a happy camper!

Corina
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

This book was EVERYTHING and so much more!!

Venom has always been a favorite of mine. From the very beginning, his relationship with Elena has been a source for hilarity and fascination. He was something DIFFERENT. Dangerous, unique, intriguing, and so very mysterious.

And finally he got his own book and OMG - he got Holly too!!!!

Holly - I had so many questions about Holly. She was fascinating and intriguing and her entire existence was as unique and mysterious as Venom's. And even though both cha
Choko
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
*** 4.44 ***

A buddy read with my GR family, the Wednesday UF group @ BB&B!!!

Do you guys remember when the Archangel Uram went completely nuts in one of the first books and the only person we met, who had survived his blood and destruction rampage, was the small Chinese-American woman, Holly Chang? I remember her vividly, because later on she chose to call herself Sorrow and the damage and devastation that was done to her psyche was horrendous. I remember her feeling the grief for her friends who
Robin (Bridge Four)
Read with my UF buds at Buddies Books and Bubbles

Nalini Singh has done the almost impossible and made a snakesy creature sexy. I’m not sure how she was able to pull it off but she totally did.

If you google ‘sexy snakes’ or ‘sexy snake creatures’ do you know what you get??? A bunch of naked or nearly naked women posing with snakes OR big breasted women with snake tails. There isn’t a dude in sight unless he has a tattoo of a snake on him somewhere. You also get that creepy American Horror Story C
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Exhilarating! Thrilling! Relentless!

Archangel’s Viper is book ten in the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh. It’s a non-stop action-packed adventure full of hurtles, twists, and a little romance.

Before we get started; you do want to read this series in order. We meet Holly and Venom at the beginning of the series and are treated to little teasers of them throughout, but we don’t dive into who they are or what they have become until now.

Venom was his sexy self. We learn so much about his past
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Want a kick ass read with mystery, drama, action-adventure and a side of snark? Well, look no further my bookish friends.

The once broken girl known as Sorrow is taking her name back. She’s building herself up from within and proving to be on her way to inner peace and self-acceptance. What was once broken is now becoming whole again.

Venom has a soft spot for the girl he helped rescue, yet he shows it in infuriating and antagonizing ways. He’s doing all he can to support and facilitate Holly’s jo
Maya
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

3,5 STARS

I was over the moon when I saw this new story from Nalini Singh. She's one of my all time favourite authors and I love her writing. So imagine my surprise to get the book before release date, I was ecstatic! I know, we are all wondering and waiting for Bluebell and Sparkle's story but Venom's an interesting character, too. I always wanted to know how he got made and what lead him to what and who he is today. We don't see enough of him in the
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Full review…

EDIT: About the cover...I know a lot of people don't like it; but it is spot on the way Venom is described in the book.

3.5 Stars. Venom and Holly (she no longer calls herself Sorrow) have basically been thrown together. There is a very expensive contract out for Holly’s capture, made by an entity who likes to collect the ‘unusual’. And Holly is that in spades after being turned against her will and abused by the archangel Uram. His blood has tainted her and made her other. No one at
Nina
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
VENOM AND SORROW!!!!

I need this more than my next breath
Lila
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
3,5

There is a certain comfort in cracking up new Nalini Singh book because she never diverges far from her formula which means I am going to like world-building and it will be my main pull, but romance if not groundbreaking it's, at least, going to be solid, fluffy.
Archangel's Viper was all that to a degree, but just like the cover art for this book, the campy and the safe comes with a bit of wtf as well, since the resolution of both Holly's powers and romance left me conflicted.
So, bare bone
♥Rachel♥
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holly’s backstory is touched on, and I was horrified by what she went through in her past, captured and tortured by Uram, an archangel who went insane. She witnessed the brutal murders of her friends and then was force fed his blood changing her into a vampire and more. The experience could’ve easily broken her, but she had the archangel Raphael and all his clan (not sure if that’s the right word) at her back. Not only that, she’s had the unconditional support of her family, not caring what she’ ...more
Jo
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All UF fans!!!!

Buddy read with the awesome girls and boys over at BB&B for our weekly UF Wednesday read!

I LOVED THIS BOOK!

description

We’ve all been wondering what happened to Holly Chang, the human archangel Uram fed his monstrous blood to four years ago, getting little bits of info as the series has progressed, knowing no one knew what she would turn out to be, whether she would become a monster like him and finally we get our answers.

“Did you just compliment me?” she asked, her mouth falling open. “Tak
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
VENOM! MY BB!! MY PRECIOUS CINNAMON ROLL! I LOVE YOU YOU SNAKEY ASSHOLE YOU!
Six words: I. Called. In. "Sick". For. This.
I've already read it twice and I plan many more re-reads.

Okay, I will try and rein it in and write an articulate review that isn't just full of caps and hearts. To say I was excited for this book is an understatement. Seriously, the hours I spent fantasizing about what this book is a little embarrassing. I think I lost my mind a little bit. It might be a secret so I'm going t
Douglas Meeks
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Guild Hunter series is one of my favorites of all the dozens that I read but the problem is that I want every one of them to be exceptional, amazing and near perfect 5 Star novels, sadly that is not reality.

This novel is more cerebral in nature, it is a very complex relationship that careens throughout most of the novel. The nice thing is that when you have a writer with the amount of talent that Nalini Singh has even passages that would be dull in another authors hands are still interesting
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Archangel's Viper was a whirlwind of plot, action and feels! Fast paced, with a lot at stake, I was taken for a trip I won't soon forget.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
Archangel's Viper is about Holly and Venom, and the attraction between them. It's also about the voice Holly hears in her mind, and how she's grown extremely strong and fast in a short time. She needs discipline, which Venom has in spades. But she needs more than being a fighter, too.

Ven
Alisa
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zz-2018, vampires, angels, pnr

I've been waiting for this book since the series started. Venom has always been my favorite. I went in to this with some trepidation though cuz I didn't care for Holly in prior books. She was such a drama queen. Now, yes, she had a serious reason to be such a mess but she was exhausting and I really wanted something better for Venom.

I was pleased to see this book had took place at the same time as the previous book (Raphael and Elena are in China during the majority of this) and Holly h
Kathryn
Another very satisfying story in this series. Loved the strength of Holly and the development of the story with Venom. Full of adventure and snarky banter.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
3.5 Stars

As much as I was looking forward to Venom's story, this one was probably my least favorite out of all the side characters.

It was still good and I enjoyed getting to know more about Venom and Holly, just compared to all the others, it lacked something.

I think it was more of what happened to Holly near the end. I can't speak about it do to being a spoiler but....it was weird. It felt more twilight zone than anything.

Worth the read to get more of all these characters, just not as excitin
Kate
3 Kitty & Viper Face Stars.

This is a tough one to rate. I have mixed feelings on this. It wasn’t what I expected but there is no other way I think Ms. Singh would have been able to tell us their story. I adore the author’s writing style and I love the series that she has created. They are so unique.

Now the book didn’t rock my world or knock me off my socks. As we never got to see enough of both the characters in the previous books. They were on the side lines really. There is no build up to th
Faiza Kamal
Mine and my friend's reaction the moment we saw the title:
description

Gave up all hope of Venom getting his own book and then this pops up!
SOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS!
description

Please let the 'woman who might be the greatest threat of all' be Sorrow!

Moon Love
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read many books, novellas, and short stories by Nalini Singh, including Archangel's Viper, and all of them have been phenomenal, but this book stands apart from all of them. And I'll explain the reasons why in a little bit. I need to gush about Viper and Holly first.

I've been anticipating Viper and Holly's story from the moment the two first appeared on the page together. There was just something about the way they needled each other that foreshadowed there was more than a desire to one up
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
Despite my "little" <3 Bluebell + Sparkle 4ever&ever <3 obsession I'm still excited for Venom's book. Bring it on!

AFTER READING:3.5 stars

Review posted on Way Too Hot Books.

If you ever read one of my reviews of this series you are more than aware that this is one of my favorite uf/pnr series out there and that since book #5 I've become an obssessed fan-girl a hardcore fan of the potential next couple Aodhan & Illium. I might even say that I started that theory or was one of the first fans that sa
Amanda
This book was all of the things! I was amazing! I've actually already read it twice.. After the first read it spurred a re-read of the series which of course I had to re-read Viper once I got through the series. I had a feeling these two would end up together when they first started interacting in Dmitri's book and I am so glad that came to fruition.

Its several years after Holly/Sorrows attack and she is finally building a new life for herself. She has respect and for the most part the watch do
Maria Dimitrova
Buddy read with the Wednesday UF Group of BB&B.

I'd forgotten how exasperating the males of the Seven can be! The first few chapters I wanted to bash Venom's head in and I remember feeling the same with Raphael in the beginning. But just like with Raphael, Venom managed to grow on me and to his credit it took him far less time. And something tells me that if I had read this immediately after Archangel's Heart I wouldn't have minded all that much since by that time I had grown immune to the Seven
Treece
Rating: 3 1/2 stars

Ah well, you can't win em all.

This is book ten of the Guild Hunter series. Out of all the books I've read the two I've liked the least are Archangel's Blade, and now, Archangel's Viper. My hope was that I would be pleasantly surprised the way I was when I read Archangel's Storm. Nope.

There were some good points. Just not enough to make me throw back my head and holler for more, or mourn the fact it is finis. Sadly, their irritating flirting was overshadowed by my indifference

• Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)
  • Angels of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)
  • Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant, #1)
  • White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15)
  • Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1)
  • Hot and Badgered (Honey Badger Chronicles, #1)
  • Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin, #9)
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Guild Hunter (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)