Start by marking “Dark Love: Part One” as Want to Read:
Dark Love: Part One

Dark Love: Part One

(Dark Love)

Charlotte couldn't escape … from the prison Raymond put her in or from the dark love she found with him. Especially when she realized that the darkness was inside her too...

Charlotte:

I ran away from my crap life of stripping and living with my father in a trash heap of a trailer.
I thought I was headed toward freedom but I woke up in another prison.
A prison that was
Published January 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Dark Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Love

Start your review of Dark Love: Part One
'Q' aka CoCo
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
The book starts out kind of slow. We get a lot of background into Raymond and Charlotte's lives before things start to really happen. Charlotte's life definitely sucks--abusive father, lives in a crappy trailer--and Raymond, even though he was raised with all sorts of advantages, had his own issues. His mother had a mental illness, though not many details are given other than he's kept away from any sort of outside influence.
Now that they're both grown up, Charlotte wants better but doesn't kno
ViolinVixen
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very dark romance. Charlotte grew up in a filthy, run-down trailer with her abusive father. She’s never felt loved by him and she’s reminded often that he wished that Charlotte would have died, instead of her beautiful mother. She strips at a low-end, local club to keep the lights on at said nasty trailer and to make sure her dad doesn’t starve to death, even though I’m not sure he wouldn’t deserve it… Each time she takes the stage, she’s in full make-up, wig and costume. Very few peop ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

I like dark, but this was just depressing to me. Both of the main characters led such depressing lives and had such abusive backgrounds and then perpetuated the cycle. I realize it's fiction and perhaps this level of abuse is entertaining to some (and to each his/her own), just not to me. I struggled to listen to the whole book and wanted to quit several times. Both characters seemed to have split per
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
Jan 20, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dark
NEW RELEASE
LIVE: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Charlotte:
I thought I was headed toward freedom but I woke up in another prison.
A prison that was built just for me.
He knows things about me that no one should.
He sees thing
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader
Patty
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Slow in the beginning, Dark Love is proving to be an interesting listen. I always find the intricate workings of JB Duvane completely intriguing, and this one does not disappoint. Charlotte comes with a difficult past and wants to shelter herself from everyone through her dancing. Raymond, growing up with a mentally unstable mother and an unhealthy attachment to her is trying to find his way out of his situation.Throw in the crazy staff that lives in Raymond's house and the alpha tendencies he h ...more
Lauren
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Dark love is part one in the in the series. A dark romance that will leave you intrigued for more.
I truly struggled with this book. My thoughts and feelings throughout this book were: confused, strange, sick and annoyance. I liked Charlotte and her take-charge attitude but I don’t feel like I connected with her. She finally met the man that had kidnapped her and the first thing she said was how she wasn’t good enough or how she wasn’t good looking. I wanted to shout at her to focus on her escap
Lisa
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She had a rough childhood. And now she is trying to break free from the life she's in, but not sure how and feeling guilty over it. Throughout the whole book you are left wondering what is up with the house he grew up in? What is wrong with his family? What happened with his mom?

This was an odd, twisted, interesting and attention grabbing story like none I've read and I look forward to book 2.
Kerry
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read books in parts because I'm an impatient reader but I jumped at the chance at reading Dark Love Part One as JB Duvane writes great dark, erotic romances and I was intrigued by the description of this book and I certainly was not let down! Be warned....it is DARK! That being said, it's also hot and steamy, if not a little disturbing at points. Other reviewers have described it a bit like a dark beauty and the beast story which I agree with but Raymond's recount of his mother a ...more
Wendy
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Definitely dark

If the author wrote this novel to make you feel like you were constantly followed by a black rainy cloud, she has succeeded. This book is dark, very dark. Yes, it has what I've come to expect in reading dark erotica but there is also a psychological effect that instantly transported me, the reader into this story.
This is only the first part, there is more to come but I'm curious to find out if the others will still have the psychological aspect I found interesting.
This book remind
Sharon
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin. So, the blurb really doesn’t cover this book. We start with flashbacks of Raymond’s childhood and then jump to the present day with Charlotte and back and forth. It was a bit confusing for the first third of the book since they didn’t interact with each other. Then she is taken and held by Raymond, but the reason things are the way they are is bizarre at best. There is a voodoo type theme to the book and Raymond is sheltered from the going ons in the house through most of his lif ...more
Janice
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Review of Dark Love, Part One by J.B. Duvane

A kinkier version of Beauty and the Beast - 5 stars

First off, I like the cover for the book! I don't think I've ever read a book like this, where the one POV is present day and the other POV starts from many years earlier. Some of the things that you will read in this book are disturbing and make you wonder just what these two very broken people have been through that they keep hidden away in the dark that we don't get to see. Although I wanted to ha
Seepurple06
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dark Love is a dark twisted read. Charlotte was never loved growing up. She finally had enough of the abuse and ran away. Raymond was brought up in disturbing family and home. He vowed to never love any one but his mother. But when he intentionally crosses paths with Charlotte, he can't stay away and needs to make her his. Their is a lot going on with the story and the only reason I have this 4 stars and not 5 is because I am impatient and don't want to wait to read part 2. JB Duvane does a grea ...more
Carol
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Intense Romance

This is a dark and intense romance. Both H/h have suffered tragedy in their lives and both have let their lives be defined by their suffering. They find each other not by chance but by design. The start of their relationship is tumultuous. Something threatens to pull them a part. We will see in part two if their relationship will survive.
L Morales
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A dark romance with intense, suspenseful and steamy scenes. I'm looking forward to reading more about Charlotte and Raymond's story. I received a Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Ashley Hedden
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dark Love: Part One by JB Duvane was a good book. Charlotte's story was a good one to follow. She was a stripper who was just living. Raymond was a guy who was messed up by his mom. I enjoyed reading their story and can't wait to read the rest of it.
Tatenisha
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Charlotte thought she was escaping one prison to end up in another. She stripped to hid from herself and now she has to figure out what she wants in a house of horrors.
Kristy /Obsessed with Romance
Ummm.... Just didn't work for me. I like dark dubcon, but this book wasn't that. I was just..... The beginning is slow and repetitive. The story and the pace were...off. The story was....????
Sivan Estrogano
Very weird story
April
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Only because it was well thought out and the writing wasn't bad. I just couldn't get into it. Raymond's character was complex right from the get go, unfortunately, I feel like that's what kept me from forming a connection. I tried a couple times to put it down and pick it back up but it just never grabbed me.
Brandi
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I think I'm confused because this story just kind of ends.

And I'm guessing that's because it is part of a series, so I shouldn't be that surprised, but I feel like I'm missing something.

I don't completely understand the relationship between our alpha and his housemates. I don't completely understand what happened with him and his mother (although what I'm thinking happened is nothing I'd want to discuss, so let's leave it at 'I don't know').

I do know this is a dark romance. I do know that he m
Jackie D
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, dark
Wow, this book has me in its dark clutches! I am not normally one who likes to read books in parts, but I have to say JB Duvane's storytelling ability has me so intrigued I honestly don't mind much! I am excited for the next part in the dark, twisted romance!!
I voluntarily read an advanced reader's copy of this boo
Jenn Allen
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I struggled a bit with this book. A dark read usually does that to me but in a different way. The story goes back and forth between Charlotte now and Raymond as a very sheltered child raised in an uncomfortable setting. Charlotte, working to save money, staying in a run down trailer with a disgusting abuser of a father. She stayed in that situation way longer than she should have. I was into the story until she was kidnapped. How she handled that situation at first, I could understand. Yell, try ...more
Lesley Ellis
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

I dont really like reading books that are in parts, but its JB Duvane! Great story, love the characters. Dark and hot, great read. Cant wait for part 2. Would recommend!
Sarah M
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a dark romance book. It has a kidnapping that turns into more. It's definitely different then what I'm used to reading from this author but I still loved it. It is well written and has a great story plot. Starting book 2 now. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Tracy
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dark read coming your way!

This was a very gut wrenching read for me. Raymond! Raymond!Raymond! Such a little boy lost to others demons! When his world collides with Charlotte you began to see how these 2 or more alike. Heading into book 2!
Heather Colwell
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick read!

I am not a fan of these short cliffhangers, bit for some reason I couldn't resist reading this. I have enjoyed so far and now I'm going to read part 2.
Karen
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a read that has danger
suspense,passion and intrigue in it this is definitely
One for you. Remember this is part one but you are in
luck because part two is already out.
Iwona
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Twisted and dark . The book starts out slow. It's gives a lot of background before the what I call the juicy stuff. This book kept me guessing and I'm still guessing / confused on what's going on. Not in a bad way though. Raymond had a disturbing childhood with his mom she had some mental illness. Those kinds of things always mess up an individual. He is isolated and doesn't know what's best for handling his feeling for Charlotte. Charlotte has had a rough childhood too. Her father is a sorry ex ...more
Karen Durant
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This book is a very dark erotic romance, with a psychological effect.
Charlotte grew up with her abusive father, whom she never felt loved her& she’s constantly reminded that he wished she died, instead of her beautiful mother, in a filthy, run down trailer. She strips at a low class club to to provide for her dad & herself. Very few people know what her real face & hair looks like, because she’s in full make up, wig & costume whenever she takes the stage. One day she decides that's she finally

• Possession (Explicitly Yours, #1)
  • Love and Protect (Heroes of Evers, Texas, #1)
  • Slave (Finding Anna, #1)
  • Going Down (Divemasters, #1)
  • Sassy Christmas (Storm MC #4.5)
  • The Defenseless (Brandon Fisher FBI, #3)
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1)
  • Friends (Mastering the Virgin, #1)
  • Buying the Virgin Box Set One (Buying the Virgin #1-5)
  • Naughty Girls Do: A Red Hot and BOOM! Story
  • Made to be His (The Archer Family, #1)
  • One is a Promise (Tangled Lies, #1)
  • Don't Let Go (The Invisibles, #1)
  • Boss Me Please (Boss Me #1)
  • Insomnia (Sexual Misconduct #1)
  • Zoey (Dr. Richards' Littles #1)
  • Hollywood Killer (Hollywood Alphabet, #11)

Dark Love (3 books)