Start by marking “Deadly Hearts” as Want to Read:
Deadly Hearts

Deadly Hearts

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  49 ratings  ·  16 reviews
After a deadly disease devastates her country and robs her of everything she has ever known, Isabel cares only about one thing: keeping her infected mother safe.

When rumors of a cure reach her desperate ears, Isabel will do anything to have it. Even if that means getting into bed with Diego, the charming leader of the Vargas drug cartel. Figuratively speaking, that is. Onc
Published January 17th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Hearts

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Deadly Hearts
Katy
2.5 stars rounded up
Read for URR Halloween Challenge post-apocalyptic romance category.

Honestly, this book just wasn't my thing. I wanted it to be my thing. It sounded like it would be my thing. But not so much. It wasn't bad. Just not my cuppa.

So Isabel's mother is infected with whatever it is that has taken over the world making normal folks into cannibalistic crazies. Zombies. Whatever you want to call them. Except they'll take any part of you, not just brains. BRAAAINNNSSS BODDDYYPAAARRRTT
Heena Rathore P.
Deadly Hearts by Priscila Santa Rosa is a smashing post-apocalyptic romance novel.

This novel made me realize one thing for sure, that a romantic story set in a post-apocalyptic setting can be as real and as deadly as any other post-apocalyptic survival story.

Incredibly, author Priscila maintained the level of subtlety and elegance throughout the story for which I am really thankful because nowadays that's the one thing that's missing from most of the books in Romance genre. This story had just t
2OCC Reviews
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: jessica
I really liked this book. It was a lot different then most of the apocalyptic type reads that I’ve read in the past. This revolves around a virus and the lengths that Isabel is willing to go to ensure her mother safety. I liked the action and while the romance took a big back seat, I still liked seeing it in the small snippets we see. With all that; I still felt that the author left a lot to be imagined with the story as a whole.

I wanted to believe the romance but because it was in the back sea
Maria
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

In the world filled with sickness, disease and corruption Isabel is attempting to take care of her infected mother. When trusting others is a next to impossible concept being forced into a deal that could save her mother means Isabel must learn whether or not she can trust a man who should be far too dangerous for her to ever even think of trusting.

Diego is the worst kind of criminal. News and propaganda have shown what he was like before disease spread throughout the world. When he ca
Leeanna Campbell
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
i really enjoyed this book

I really enjoyed this book. I loved Isabel, she had so much depth as a character. She was strong and fierce but underneath that she also had compassion and vulnerability. I liked Diego too but I had a few problems with the way he was written. Sometimes he came off as stupid and I couldn't help think "You're supposed to be running a cartel? Really?" At times he's merciless, even with his own family, yet he treats Ana (one of his enforcers and his brothers ex girlfriend)
Titch88
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Received a free copy via Librarything giveaways.

Deadly Heart is a post apocalyptic story about Isabel who is a strong and independent female lead trying to care and protect her mom who has been infected. After trying to find the cure for her mother she encounter Vargas who offers the cure in exchange for helping him rescue his son.

The romance between the two characters was sweet and their struggle to survive and make right the mistakes from their past realistic.
Well written and an enjoyable read
Mary Lee
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really good story

This was a surprisingly very good story. I don't usually expect much from apocalypse romances. There were no erotic scenes, but the romance was there. There was also a lot of drama and suspense. Even some thrills. Yes, this was a superb story. The two main characters were pretty flawed and both did some bad things in their pasts. No angels here. I was a little upset by the way it ended, but then we got an Epilogue which fixed the peeve I had in a very satisfying way. Very much
Bonnie Johnson
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

I will start by saying. I have never read one of your books. I am an avid reader, and when I day avid, that is putting it mildly. In the last year I have gotten into the zombie apocalypse craze. You wrote a great book. Flowed great, had no misspells. Story read well. I hope all your books are this good. Bravo.
Diana Hill
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Could this book get any better?

I would give this book 10 stars if I could. I could not put this book down. Every second I was on the edge of my seat and I am so disappointed it is over!!!
Laura Wolf
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Good zombish apocalypse book. The sex factor is 0. But I enjoyed it.
Krista
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was bored. I skipped chapters and I could still tell you what happened. Just didn’t grab my attention. Definitely romance light.
Callie
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this book!

It's awesome! The twists, the characters, you will love and hate them! It's a must read! Seriously don't pass it up!
Heidi Bowley
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved it

Apocalypse? Check!
Zombies? Check!
Guns, fighting and bad guys? Check!
Romance in the middle of a zombie apocalypse? Check yes!!!
Stalking
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Hearts is described as a post-apocalyptic romance but I’d have to say it is more about the main character finding herself, although it is through meeting her love interest to-be, and accepting her actions in a world where survival means never trusting anyone. Isabel is an amazing leading character; she knows what her faults were before the end of the world as she knew it and what she is willing to do in this new reality. She’s a very realistic and tough person who only starts to realize h ...more
Samantha
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not what I'd usually go for (books where the romance takes front stage) but I really enjoyed Rosa's other books so I figured it was worth stepping out of my zone a lil. Glad I did, it made this whole evacuation hell more bearable. Love her writing and characters. ❤ Plenty of juicy violence and kickass heroine action.
Also love that we see a familiar face at the end.
Casey
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good!

I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic romance stories and went in search of a new one when I found this one. It was very well done. I loved all the characters and the story moved along well. I'm hoping there might be more stories about supporting characters in the future?
Lindsay
Jan 21, 2017
Jaymie Heishman
Jun 20, 2017
A
rated it did not like it
May 12, 2018
Casey
Sep 07, 2017
Me
Jan 09, 2018

• Riggs (The Kings of Retribution, Louisiana Chapter, #1)
  • Uncaged (Havoc MC, #1)
  • Finding My Pack (My Pack, #1)
  • Keeping My Pack (My Pack, #2)
  • Wolf Witch (Victoria Brigham #1)
  • Dark Hunt (Shadow and Light, #1)
  • Loving My Pack (My Pack, #3)
  • A Kingdom of Ice and Beasts (The Frozen Kingdom #1)
  • Alpha (Ghost Mountain Wolf Shifters, #1)
  • Allusion
  • Brick (Lords of Carnage MC #3)
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, #1)
  • Pack's Promise(ARC Shifters #1)
  • Shifter's University (Shifter's University #1)
  • Caged by Her Dragons (Fated Mate of the Dragon Clans book 1)
  • Reese (Pack of Misfits #2)
  • Wolf Uncovered (Victoria Brigham #2)
  • New Moon (Alpha Wolf Academy, #1)