Start by marking “Rocked Up” as Want to Read:
Rocked Up

Rocked Up

A USA TODAY BESTSELLER! Rocked Up is a STANDALONE rockstar romance and the sexy, fun brainchild of the husband and wife writing duo, Scott Mackenzie and New York Times bestselling author Karina Halle.

I've been watching him since I was a teenager.
He didn't notice me back then and it didn't matter. Brad Snyder, guitarist and singer for one of the world's greatest bands,
Published May 17th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Rocked Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocked Up

Christy
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4 stars!!!

photo 18485561_10103813275631938_7858530338090711313_n_zpsoyed3daj.jpg

Rocked Up is a fun, sexy, and sweet rockstar romance! I love Karina Halle and when I heard she was co-writing a book with her husband, Scott MacKenzie, I was anxious to read it. I love a good rockstar romance and a surprise pregnancy book, so I had feeling I would enjoy it, and I was right! I was really impressed with the flow of the book. Sometimes when a book is written by two people, you can tell. The flow is off and the tone of the story doesn’t jive. I had no issues with that in
Ana O
Mar 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'm so sorry Karina Halle. Please don't hate me.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's been 84 years....

Ok I'm overreacting. But seriously, I've waited long enough for this book.

photo source_zpssd62csoj.gif

Karina Halle is like a drug to me.

photo giphy_zpsaefoplpd.gif

A rockstar romance? I'm so ready, let's do this.

photo tumblr_inline_nk7cx9HDCh1t10bt3_zpss2mxhb0s.gif
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Love—it’s a drug I’ve never tried because I’ve seen it kill so many others. Maybe I am the drug and deep down I know I’m no good. What kind of man needs this life I’m living? What kind of man wants to stand on stage and have tens of thousands of people scream for him? There is so much fakeness I have lost myself in and I’m so completely selfish.

photo Rocked-up-3D-book-teaser_zpsdcxnstn8.jpg

ROCKED UP is the first writing collaboration between Karina Halle and her husband, Scott Mackenzi
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I have to be honest and say that this book totally and completely sucked me in from the very beginning. Brad, a boy who has nothing get picked up by a major recording label and is made into a star. There's a backstory which I enjoyed very much and it certainly made a strong opening for this book.

➦Years later Brad's band is looking for a bassist for the tour and hires a young talented female who brings a unique sound to their performances. Well, it turns out she's a daughter of the big boss Rams
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4-4.5 rock stars ❤

It is true that whatever Karina writes I'm going to read it.She is one of my favorite,so you can imagine how excited I was when I saw this new book that she has co-written with her husband!

description

I found myself enjoying it from the first pages and I really couldn't put it down.I loved the premise of this story, and Lael and Brad were fantastic!They had an amazing chemistry!Their relationship was sweet and fun.

I would love to see more books from these two!The writing was very good and
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages

Rocked Up is a fun, sizzling, and romantic standalone novel about a rock star with a tragic past and a girl trying to break free. This book, told in alternating POVs, is the first collaboration between author Karina Halle and her husband Scott MacKenzie.

Lael Ramsey, daughter of the man behind Ramsey Records, has been in love with Brad Snyder, the lead singer of one of Ramsey Record’s biggest rock bands, since she was fourteen. Seven years later, a chance of a
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ROCKED UP: is a STANDALONE rockstar romantic comedy co written by Karina Halle and her husband Scott Mackenzie.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seven years ago a fourteen year old Lael noticed twenty year old Brad Synder, he’s the lead singer and guitarists for one of her all time favourite bands who are represented by her father's record label ‘Ramsey Records’

Now she’s on her way to the venue where he and his band is playing, even though her father represents them she’s never seen them live or even met the band.

It’s
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Lael has been crushing on rock star Brad since she was only 14! That was seven years ago. Now she’s 21 and he’s 27 … which is not such a bad age difference anymore…. BUT....
The BUT in this case is Lael’s dad. He’s no other than the boss of Ramsey Records. And he kind of owns Brad! And even though he’s making her dreams come true by allowing her to go on tour with Brad – to be the band’s new bass player - he also forbids any and all socializing between the band and his daughter!
But Lael just know
NMmomof4
DNF @ 60%

Welp, I didn't last very much longer than my last update...

This, unfortunately, couldn't hold my attention. I found myself doing other things instead of reading, and even going to extent of playing games on my iPad which I know is a bad sign!

I didn't connect to the characters, and I also really didn't feel their connection to each other.

I know this has been liked by many readers, but it just didn't work for me 😔
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!

photo A32B21A1-3153-4E19-89CF-FE4CC6E56841_zps3clbet4j.jpg

Lael Ramsey is the daughter of a successful record producer. Her dad owns the record label, Ramsey Records. He represents her all time favorite band, And Then. She has a massive crush on the lead singer & guitarist, Brad Snyder. She attends one of his shows when she is 14. She's so starstruck she completely humiliates herself.

Seven years has gone by & shes been obsessed with Brad for years. He's one of the main reasons she loves music. His music has always inspired her. She
Carol
3 stars.

Had this on my kindle a while, I finally remembered it after reading The Swedish Prince also by Karina Halle.
Sadly it didn't compare as favorably to that other book. 👎
I know this was a collaboration with another writer, namely her husband in real life, but this one just seemed a little ordinary and missing that special element that I normally find in her writing.
It was a decent read just nothing special, a little underwhelming from an author that I have come to expect quite a lot from.
S.M. West
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a debut collaboration between wife and husband, Karina Halle and Scott MacKenzie. The writing flowed and while told in alternating POVs, there was no indication this was written by two authors.

This wasn't what I was expecting, at times it was more sobering than I'd anticipated, but with it came insight and a maturity that was refreshing. This is both a forbidden love and rock star romance, and it includes a pregnancy - hence the title.

Lael and Brad were years apart in age, yet closer in
Mandy
Shayna
It goes without saying, but when Karina Halle writes something, I'm definitely going to read it. Throw in help from her husband who co-wrote the book, well, that just takes this delightful romance to the next level! For me, Karina Halle and romantic comedy never went together, until this book! I'm not sure if this is a first for her in this genre, or if I'm missing something, but what Karina and Scott did here with Brad and Lael's story was simply magnetic! These two characters pulled me in and ...more
ale202224
Ma ragazze a dire la verità questa storia mi ha lasciata un pò interdetta e francamente mi sono chiesta se l'abbia scritta davvero la stessa magica penna che ha dato vita al clan McGregor nella serie Dream.
Lael Ramsey è figlia di un famosissimo magnate della musica che ha portato al successo il suo idolo adolescenziale, nonchè cotta segreta, la star del gruppo "And Then" Brad Snyder. I due, dopo sette anni, incroceranno nuovamente le loro strade quando il gruppo avrà bisogno di un nuovo bassista
Alex ♈
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.25 - 3.5 stars
Safe and sweet book.
But not very exciting. It wasn’t that boring, but also not captivating.
Likable MCs. Hero was NOT a manwhore, and she wasn’t a virgin. No OM/OW drama at all.

Possible trigger: (view spoiler)

Cute epilogue!
Mariagcri
Tre stelle e mezzo...
Carino e scritto molto bene...non ho dato 4 stelline piene perché mi pare di aver già scritto in precedenza di essere stufa di quelle innamorate della star di turno che partono in tour con la suddetta star...
In ogni caso questo libro ha anche alcune particolarità che lo discostano almeno un po' dalla solita trama(grazie autori per questo enorme sforzo di fantasia che avete avuto).
Inoltre altro appunto negativo è l'aver constatato un ritmo in alcuni frangenti troppo veloce...
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
I was super excited to read this one, I really didn't know what to expect from this new writing duo - one of my faves Karina Halle and her husband Scott MacKenzie.

It was obvious from the cover that an unexpected pregnancy was to take place, but I was so intrigued as to how famous rock star Brad Snyder and new bandmate and Bass player Lael Ramsay would get themselves into this predicament.

I loved their chemistry, and it was a lot sweeter than I thought it would be, but I really enjoyed spending t
Amy
Jun 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
*Spoilers definitely mentioned*
I really want to give this a 1.5 stars just to be a little nice.
Ugh! Let me just preface by saying that along with MC books, I am pretty much over the rock star fantasy scenario as well but considering how much I adore Karina's books, I was more that willing to give this one a shot. ONE BIG DIFFERENCE, she has co-written this with her husband and yeah, I began to pick up his p.o.v. very quickly.
So there's an 8 year difference between our characters. Brad is a wel
Annie
More rock star romance than romantic comedy

I’ve been highly anticipating this release for a couple months now after Miss Halle shared the great cover and teased that it would be more of a romantic comedy along the lines of Smut. I loved Smut, was intrigued with the idea of a husband and wife writing team, and am always up for a good rock star romance, so it was a no-brainer for me to sign up to review this title. I think having specific expectations ended up being the downfall for this book for
The Reading's Love Blog
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
RECENSIONE QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.com/...

description
Non leggevo un romanzo rosa da non ricordo quando, è stato un intermezzo davvero piacevole e anche scioccante trovarmi durante la lettura a pensare che esistono storie senza parolacce o sesso esplicito, malizia o personaggi un po’ idealizzati senza aspetti negativi.
Perché davvero questo è un libro dolce, tanto rosa, un libro per rilassarsi e sì tornare per un po’ ragazzine innocenti che leggono storie di sogni e come realizzarli. A primo ac
Heather C
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, may-2017
As with any Karina Halle review, I start off with how much I love her work. I was super excited to see what she does with her husband, Scott Mackenzie. With any collaboration, the writing will be different that what you are used to. I will admit that I felt the descriptive writing style was a bit more than I prefer. I felt that sometime things were a bit drawn out but that was just my personal preference.

This is a rocker romance story and it’s clear from the cover that there is a pregnancy at so
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***FULL REVIEW***

4 Rocking Crowns

Rocked Up is the first book co-authored for Karina Halle and Scott Mackenzie. For lovers of the music scene and rock-star world, this book will be enjoyable.

Brad is lead singer of the band And Then and the hero of the book. Like all musicians, he is excellent at his craft and is courageous, especially when it comes to protecting Lael. Even with a rough background, Brad has turned into a really honorable and respectable hero.

Lael, the heroine, has always been on t
Betul
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"She's a ray of sunshine; I am creating life with the sun."

I have to admit that I hesitated to read this book because I am not a big fan of rockstar romances. However I wanted to give Rocked Up a chance because Karina co-wrote this book. I was looking forward how Scott and she would tackle this type of story. I wasn't disappointed at all. I absolutely LOVED the prologue, it was so funny and it really set the mood for me. I was really thankful that
Giulia
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karina Halle non si smentisce mai per me... a breve la recensione sul blog
Randy
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.

I never pass on a chance to read about bad-boy musicians and the women who love them. It's my thing and I love it!

I always have really high expectation when it comes to Karina Halle books and I was not disappointed.
Rocked up is a collaboration between Karina Halle and her husband Scott Mackenzie.
Well, they should do this more often. Scott wrote male (Brad) POV and Karina wrote female (Lael).
This was funny, cute, sexy, without unnecessary drama and a bit different
Valerie
May 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book, I swear I was so excited for it but it didn't do it for me. I like the premise and it could have been good but it's so rushed and Aℓℓ the characters are so one dimensional. It was just not well written or looked over almost as if this was a first draft. One minute her dad is basically threatening brads life and an asshole then he's like name it after my wife? I don't know this just wasn't a thought out book and the characters need more. I felt absolutely no emotion fo ...more
  • Softer Than Steel (Love & Steel, #2)
  • Between a Highlander and a Hard Place (Highland Weddings, #5)
  • Holding Out For A Hero
  • Safe in His Arms
  • In Too Deep (Man of the Month, #10)
  • The Trouble with Dating a Movie Star (The Red Carpet. #1)
  • Epic Sins (Epic Fail, #1)
  • Licks (One Wild Wish, #3)
  • Pieces of Broken Time
  • The Impossible Story of Olive in Love
  • Damned  (The Pirate, #1)
  • Enticing Interlude (Tempest, #2; Black Cat Records, #5)
  • Dex (Kinky Shine, #1)
  • Lennon's Rain (Lennon's Girls #2)
  • The Leftover Club
  • Blindsided (The Sisters Series #1)
  • Love Sex Music
  • Watch and See
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more
“Baby, nothing is going to keep me away from you. Not your father, not the band. If it’s a risk, I don’t fucking care. You are worth that risk.” 1 likes
“Every moment we have, we end up spending it together. Like gravity is pulling us into each other’s orbit and there’s no choice but to either collide or keep rotating around each other.” 0 likes