Start by marking “One Call Away (Soulmates, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Call Away (Soulmates, #2)

One Call Away

(Soulmates #2)

When a brutal attack from a jealous competitor leaves Noah Strauss, darling of the modeling world, physically scarred and emotionally damaged, he quits the runway to become a psychologist. Using his contacts from his time in the spotlight, he creates One Call Away, a radio show dedicated to gay men looking for love, advice or someone to talk to. But with secrets of his own ...more
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 383 pages
Published April 28th 2017 by Felice Stevens (first published April 16th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about One Call Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Call Away

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

This book came highly recommended by friends, and while I liked it, I have reservations.

I'm thrilled that both MCs are Jewish and that Orthodox Judaism isn't painted in a terrible light. Orthodox Jews are conservative and frown upon homosexuality, but Oren's parents are wonderful people, and Oren's relationship with them, as well as with his sister, is one of my favorite parts of the book.

I also liked the close friendship Noah had with his brother Jeremy but was less sold on the dynamic b
Wendy
This book isn't just about two men falling in love. It's about fear and hope, friends and family, but most of all, it's about finding out who you really are....

Noah is a former model, still struggeling with the aftermath of a brutal attack. He now works as a psychologist and he has a radioshow called "One Call Away". It's a show specifically for gay men, to ask questions and seek some advice.

Oren who is a lawyer,  has been raised by a very orthodox Jewish family. One day he decides to call the s
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
2.5 Hearts

I came for Seth. I didn't read the blurb. I'd never read anything by this author before. So I had no idea what was what. I know Ms. Stevens is super popular so hopefully I'm not going to get dragged for this. But...

We meet the Noah and Oren during, what turns out to be, a "prank" phone call to Noah's radio call in show. Oren is "posing" as a closeted gay man at the behest of his moronic, juvenile, idiotic, jackhole bosses. But the joke's on them because Oren actually is a closeted, gay
Lelyana
This book hit close to home to me. Oren and Noah touched my fragile heart in a way, only Micah from Memories of the heart can do. I think I always have a soft spot for people like Micah, Noah and Oren. Especially Oren, I know how much he love his traditional religious family, that’s why he did all he can to cope with that. But still he can’t stay. But admitting that he’s gay? That’s another story. That’s the problem with the traditional religion like Jewish (Oren is Jewish). Felice talked a lot ...more
Debra
Review originally posted at Sinfully.

Another New York City romance from Felice Stevens and another win for me. This one is a standalone, but the author manages to incorporate some very special people and places that her fans will be familiar with and happy to see. Both Oren and Noah are a little bit lost, a lot closed off and living lonely lives until one phone call changes both their paths.

Oren removed himself from his family’s Orthodox religion and home years ago. Although he is crush
Jaime
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
4 stars--- A moving romance with a HEA
Funzee Shu

description

It was all chaos in my head until I met you, and now nothing makes sense without you. Because not being with you doesn’t work for me anymore...

***

Oren

From an early age, Oren sensed he might be different from the other boys he went to school with but didn’t understand why.

With his Jews Orthodox family and the pressures from his workplace made Oren feels caught in the middle...
And he need to 'breathe'...

Meeting Noah had changed his world. Oren decided right then he could never go back into the
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A TOP PICK FOR 2017
5 Heartwarming stars
One call away by Felice Stevens is perfection. I fell madly in love with Oren & Noah. Their stories tugged at my heart... Both seem to have it all. Striving careers and wonderful families, but deep down they are so lost and lonely. Two people with such pure and gentle hearts. They put everyone else before themselves. They are truly selfless. When they meet it's two souls becoming one. They compliment and complete each other....

What does a nonpracticing
Tammy
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slow going at first but I truly love how this author made everything come together. I started this book because I wanted to learn about Harlen who is in the Man-Up series but I enjoyed this book so much I’ve gone on to listen to the next book. I wanted to read about Noah’s brother Jeremy and his ex boyfriend Blake who had left him. I love how this author manages to intermingle her characters from other series 👍 as I’m reading I get excited because I feel like it’s old friends coming back for a s ...more
Lisa Cullinan
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read
Felice Stevens did it again. What a beautiful story that combines not only finding true love, but the uncertainty and angst of coming out to family members and co-workers.
Oren (love his name) comes from an Orthodox Jewish family where traditions and respect run deep. Although he no longer lives in their world, Oren's biggest fear would be his parents shunning him and no longer accepting him into their home. If that wasn't nerve-wracking enough, his job at a prestious law firm has the potential
Denise GremoryKohta
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of story I read romance for. It has all the feels I look for in a great read. Noah and Oren are such a sweet couple. I think of a bird first learning to fly and falling in love with it. How Oren grows to not only love Noah but himself as well. There were points that brought me to tears both the good and bad kind. The emotion flows so smoothly that I actually felt the tension and nervousness. From that first call, you will find yourself falling in love with Oren and Noah. Plus, I ...more
**Kaycee**
**4.25 stars**

Very good read about overcoming one's own fears, standing up for yourself, and being true to yourself. Work drama, family expectations, and religious beliefs shouldn't stop you from living a fulfilling/happy life.
Noah and Oren find comfort/healing in each other in this sweet HEA.
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a very enjoyable read - in which both leads have to learn how to allow themselves to be happy. It is not an easy journey, as they are both living the life they feel they ought to, rather than the one they want, weighed down by both expectation and an inner voice of guilt. Whilst they are very different, the result is startling in its similarity, and I loved how they champion each other.

It is also an intensely se
Angie
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~
Once again Ms. Stevens gives us a very emotional book that gives you the feels. Once you start this book you just can’t wait to see if they get their HEA. This is a story about conquering hate and putting your trust in love conquers all. Noah and Oren are just so wonderful and you can’t help but fall in love with them and want everything to work. This book is low on angst and high on love.
Characters: well writt
Tracy Perry
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Swoon... What an amazing book! It had a bit of everything in it,sadness, laughter, love,shock & hot sex;). Oren & Noah were both broken men & I'm so happy they found each other. I love them both. Such a very good book & must read. It was great to read about characters from Felice's Through Fire Series in there too. I hope we'll have more of their story & hopefully Jeremy will have his story;)
Annika
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
”I’ve been alone all my life because I thought I’d never have the choice to be who I really was“

When I started reading this book I will admit to having some flash-backs to Sleepless in Seattle. Fortunately the only similarity is connecting to someone over the airways, so I didn’t mind.

This is a beautiful, slow-burn book where the romance isn’t the focal point of the plot. It is always there in the background, but even more importantly; this book is all about trust, self-discovery and g
Amy
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
***3.5 stars***
⚣Michaelle⚣
5 Stars

This book was everything to me. More review when I'm home and not updating on a crap connection.
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about Noah and Oren. Felice can sure tell a story about opposites attract . I was drawn into the story from the very first paragraph . Noah was a model who found out the hard way that the life wasn't meant for him. Noah chose to move on with his life and become a psychologist . His new goal in life was to help gay men find their way. He starts a radio program where people can call to ask his advice. The program is called One Call Away. We learn that Noah gives advice but will not ...more
Kim
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has been a journey for Ms. Stevens. A year we have heard little bits here and there about these two men and when you read this and trust me, you will want to read it, you will see why.
Noah, a once up & coming model - attacked and scarred both physically & emotionally, coming to terms with his new life but still missing that piece that will complete him. During one of his radio show spots, a mysterious man call and sounds so lost and confused, Noah wants to help but after he han
Ash
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up.

One Call Away is the story of Noah and Oren, two men from different backgrounds, each with their own baggage and struggles, and how they overcome all the obstacles life throws at them. Neither is really looking for a relationship, each has their own reasons for being alone. Noah is still reeling from a bad breakup and isn't sure he can trust again. Oren is struggling with reconciling his homosexuality with his strict Orthodox Jewish upbringing. But they discover that facing
Angela DeMarco
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One Call Away by Felice Stevens is a beautiful, touching story. A story about finding one's true love and the pain and agony of coming out to your family members. Oren and Noah are two men who made me fall in love with them from the very first page. Felice did a beautiful job writing their story and the ending was just perfect. Oren and Noah's journey was emotional and beautiful to see how they both overcame their struggles.

Oren is from a Orthodox Jewish family, where family, traditions, respec
Lynn
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In “One Call Away” we meet up with two broken souls, hiding behind a façade. To the rest of the world they are successful and have everything but behind it all they are both running from themselves.

Oren is running from who he is until one fateful night when he calls into Noah’s radio talk show. They both immediately feel a pull towards each other. Oren’s religion causes him to question not only who he is but the impact his coming out will have on his family.

Noah helps Oren navigate these questio
Cassie
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DTM
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is just that good!! It’s no secret Ms. Stevens is an auto buy for me, and this book is just another example of why. I love romance, broken boys, gut feels (a few tears), schmexy times and HEA’s. One Call Away ticks all of my boxes and then some. Noah and Oren are not outwardly broken boys, but inwardly they are both struggling. Through circumstances, they find their way to each other and from there, the story blossoms. The writing is superb, and you may even be surprised to learn a few ...more
Lisa
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Oren is pressured into making a joke phone call to a gay relationship radio show.
He connects with Dr Noah. Noah is recovering from a relationship a year ago and Oren is not out.
I liked seeing Oren coming to grips with his life. His work and coming out to his parents. His was an Orthodox Jewish family. I learned a lot from this book. Things that I never thought about.
Noah too wasn't without his demons. In the end though they managed to get it together. A nice book with l
Jacci Bella
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: felice-stevens
Felice Stevens writes another amazing book....she's brilliant....

I was trapped from the first chapter. This book brings everything sadness,warmth,acceptance and most of all love it sends a message if you love yourself you will have the courage to do anything you want.

Oren struggles of who is because of his religion and beliefs it was so beautiful to watch this man grow from a shy sad man to the beautiful and confident man he became.

Noah knows who is but he was hurt in such a way he became lonely
Katie Townsend
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved on call away its was such a beautifully emotional story

I fell head over heels in love with Oren and Noah they captured and stolen my heart

Oren and Noah's journey was intense and beautiful I was hooked from the beginning to the end

Watching and being with Oren and noah dealing with there problems and there struggles together was so amazing

My heart broke at times but also got put together again

I felt like I really connected with Noah and Oren on a personal level

There was a bonus too w
kathleen
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful, amazing love story Felice has given us with One Call Away. She has the ability to write characters that are complex, interesting and vulnerable. Readers will fall in love with Noah and Oren, it is impossible not to!

Noah is a former model who survived a brutal attack. He's now a psychologist with a call in radio show giving advice and support to gay men.
Oren is from a very religious family where he doesn't feel he fits in. He loves his family but can't admit to being gay.

One Cal
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Teaching Professor Grayson
  • Blood & Milk
  • Memories Follow (Memories with The Breakfast Club)
  • fawn
  • Rival Within
  • The Bells of Times Square
  • MAXWELL 3: Love's Conviction (Phoenix Club, #15)
  • Alaska (2013 Advent Calendar - Heartwarming)
  • The Half Wolf
  • Being True
  • Violated
  • The Brick Yard (The Brick Yard, #1)
  • The Senator's Secret
  • Last Call (Heartsville #1)
  • The Story of Us
  • Safe in His Heart (Safe, #2)
  • Found at the Bookstore (Found #2)
  • Wildflowers
Felice Stevens has always been a romantic at heart. She believes that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending just around the corner. Her characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love.

She lives in New York City with her husband and two children. Her day begins with a lot of caffeine and ends with a glass (or two) of red wine. She’s

Soulmates (3 books)
  • The Arrangement (Soulmates, #1)
  • Perfect (Soulmates, #3)