Start by marking “Haunted (Michael Bennett #10)” as Want to Read:
Haunted (Michael Bennett #10)

Haunted

(Michael Bennett #10)

You can take Michael Bennett out of New York City, but you can't take the cop out of Michael Bennett.

Detective Michael Bennett is ready for a vacation after a series of crises push him, and his family, to the brink. He settles on an idyllic, small town in the beautiful Maine woods, a recommendation from a former colleague. But just when Bennett thinks he can relax,
Published September 18th 2017 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Haunted, please sign up.
Donna They don't need to be read in order as far as the crimes are concerned. However, the family part of the story progresses in order. For example,…moreThey don't need to be read in order as far as the crimes are concerned. However, the family part of the story progresses in order. For example,
In book one Michael's wife had just died and Mary Catherine was only in the picture as a nanny, not a romantic interest. Their relationship developed nicely over the ten book's story lines.(less)
Donna This is book number 10 in the series. The ending indicates there will be a
book eleven.

Matt
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
James O. Born is again working alongside James Patterson on the popular Michael Bennett series. While Detective Bennett has made a name for himself, both as a cop and the father of a massive brood, he is not immune to personal struggles. When his son, Brian, is arrested for possession and distribution of narcotics, Bennett does all he can to climb the ladder. However, Brian knows all too well that ‘snitches get stitches’ and keeps a low profile. While juggling the legal proceedings and his own h ...more
Scott
This is the sixth James Patterson book that I have read so this year. I don’t know whether that is good or bad, but I get them from the library because I don’t find him good enough to buy and keep in my library. He’s mind candy – simple, fast-paced, detective and mystery oriented adventures that can be read in about two to three days and easily left behind. Nice escapism, but nothing super memorable.

The first thing that I noticed was the new co-author listed on the cover of this new
Brenda
10th in the Michael Bennett series, Haunted by James Patterson is another gripping thriller centred around Bennett and his large family, and the crimes (this time drugs) around New York. When the family decided on a vacation, Maine was where Mike chose. His old partner, Sandy Coles, was in charge of the Linewiler Police Department and she’d organized a big holiday house for Mike and his family. They would have lots of fun in the three weeks they were there.

But it wasn’t long before Sandy ha
Suzanne
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now I am torn between which installment was my favorite, Alert or Haunted. I guess I can break it down like this. Alert was my favorite crime plot installment but Haunted was my favorite Bennett personal life plot. I was so enthralled in this book that I stayed up till 3 am to finish it last night. I cannot wait for the next Michael B. book! I am still upset about the turn Brian took between Bullseye and Haunted. That was drastic to say the least.

My quick and simple overall: FIVE FANTASTIC STAR
Amy
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I love Michael Bennett and Danny Mastrogorgio is an unbelievably talented narrator. Patterson books are always an entreating listen.
Charlotte Smith
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: james-patterson
I actually liked this one from James Patterson. It shows the drug problem that can help any where.
Darinda
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-crime, series
Detective Michael Bennett's son is arrested for dealing drugs. It's a difficult time for the Bennett family. After dealing with his son and a tough case at work, the Bennett family needs a vacation. They travel to Maine, where a former colleague of Detective Bennett works. The small town is not as idyllic as it seems, and has a drug problem of its own.

The 10th book in the Michael Bennett series. As usual for Patterson's books, there are multiple stories. In one story we learn about B
Mandy White
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Michael Bennett!
Rebecca McNutt
I received a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

Haunted is a pretty decent crime thriller. I found it very much like a cross between Stephen King's book Bag of Bones and the TV show Law & Order, but oftentimes the story falls into tropes all too quickly. The "tough New York cop", the "shifty Maine small town where nobody talks", the list goes on. It really doesn't surprise me; I've had copies of Patterson's books since I was a kid and more often than not they're formulaic at best. In all fairness, it's n/>
Ellen Listens 24/7
Finally!!! Patterson and Born bring back a full length installment of my favorite family the Bennett's. Shock starts with the first chapter and continues through the whole book keeping my ears open through the whole night!! Ledwidge brings Mike Bennett's voice back as the only way I can imagine him or Shameus now. I don't think I could change a thing, especially with Mary Catherine and Sadie added to the mix!!
Barbara Senteney
Yes, this is a story about murder, but also so much more. Michael Bennett is a detective who lives with his girlfriend May Katherine, and 10 children, until his son is arrested for selling drugs. Michael is a widower and ends up also moving in his aged grandfather, due to health issues. Big city life is getting to him so he decides to take the whole family on a vacation, to escape the worries of life for a whie

The family travels to Maine where his old partner Sandy arranges for a hou
Gerri
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a very disappointing and difficult read for me. At one time, I was one of the biggest Patterson fans. Little by little over the years I’ve stopped reading everything but the Cross and Bennett series. After this read, I may let this series go by the wayside too. Not sure if it was James O. Born as a new co-author but the first half of this book was beyond boring compared to previous
books in this series. Some chapters were so poorly written and with no excitement and little motivation to
Albieglad
This one was terrible in my opinion. Could've been written by a middle school student. It was a very boring story, and seeing as how it was a Michael Bennett novel, I was even more disappointed in it since this particular series was one that I'd always looked forward to reading. Not anymore.
Etienne
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2,5/5. Full of clichés and stereotypes. The characters have no contrast at all, they go from black to white in two seconds. The story, isn't even an intrigue, just a series of little action scene fit together with a tine string that hold it. I don't get the high review this book has(rated over 4 stars at the moment). This is like a low b-movie but in a book. Yes there is some part you say that was good, but most of the time I was asking myself why I was going through it... which isn't a good thi ...more
Stephanie ((Strazzybooks))
Michael Bennett is my favorite Patterson character. I thought the book started out strong, but once he got to Maine it got a little "meh".
Dorothy Gordon
Sep 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Boring

Very slow build up . Boring story no flow,disjointed, a lot of separate parts,no connections. I could almost tell which was Patterson writing,which was someone else. It read like JP wanted to make a statement about the evil of drugs,and tried to do it in novel form.Failed. Did not like this one AT ALL!!
Wendy
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haunted

This book kind of hit home. This has been a good series since the beginning but it has gotten a lot better as it goes on. I enjoy how it combines real life problems with Detective Bennett's family. It shows that drugs and prison can reach any family even a police officers. Great series.
Melissa
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I have said before James Patterson books are either a hit or a miss and this one was definitely a hit. I really enjoyed seeing the storyline develop and seeing more about Detective Bennett and his family. They are unique and I love how they are not perfect.
Jennie  Veazey
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
I forgot how great the Michael Bennet storyline. I need to go back and catch up. This was an awesome book. Loved it❣ ...more
Darren
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book at a book store. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. I liked the variety of characters in it. I look forward to the next book in this series.
Carol Irvin
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good Michael Bennett read.....
Donna Hines
I've read several books by James Patterson prior so I will offer honest review as it's hit or miss with his work for me even though I respect and admire him for not just his writing but his humanity towards others and his generous gifts to others. With this said, it must be noted that Haunted is co authored with James O'Born. This may or may not be important to readers as his past nine in the Michael Bennett series were authored with Howard Roughan. Perhaps this may explain the slight variation ...more
Suzze Tiernan
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice installment in the Michael Bennett series.
Harold Walters
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has more meat on its bones than the last couple to have rolled off the Patterson assembly line.

I liked it.
Geri
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Geri by: ggnorman@aol.com
This is a new author to me.
It's a James Patterson book and the series is
a Michael Bennett story line but Patterson has been
co-authoring with Michael Ledwidge for this
series from the beginning. I don't know what
changed that he brought in James O. Born.
It didn't have the usual fast pace action.
Shawn
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Marines are an elite military group. Their training is high caliber, and when pushed their skills are lethal. Shelly learns that games of death are played, and chooses to help put an end to them. The perpetrators think this is an easy win. Sometimes you get what you ask for. Looks can be deceiving.
Ashley (bookworm84)
I would have rated this five stars but Patterson and/or his co-author do a lot of body-shaming in this book that I did not appreciate.
William
Jun 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible bloated story. Should have been a short story based on what was told. Incessant explaining in between the gist of the story was insulting to a mature reader (above the age of 12). The narration was unreal and condescending. A real piece of instant publishing crap.
Laura Rash
Not a bad one in this series but they just seem as tho they’re getting very repetitive.
Jessica Robbins
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...

• Deadlock (John Hutchinson, #2)
  • A Wedding in Maine
  • Brought In Dead (Nick Miller #2)
  • Hunt the Dragon (SEAL Team Six, #6)
  • Frenzy (Frank Quinn, #9)
  • The New Enemy (Liam Scott, #3)
  • Wedding Shots
  • Exposed (Rosato & DiNunzio, #5)
  • Nightwalkers (Cam Richter, #4)
  • Ill-Gotten Panes (Stained-Glass, #1)
  • The Dream
  • Dogfight (Special Operations, #1)
  • Cinderella: Junior Novel
  • Windfalls
  • Every Second (Kate Page, #3)
  • Endgame (Agent 21, #6)
  • Crazed (Morris Brick, #2)
  • Walking Shadows (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #25)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cro

Michael Bennett (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Step on a Crack (Michael Bennett, #1)
  • Run for Your Life (Michael Bennett, #2)
  • Worst Case (Michael Bennett, #3)
  • Tick Tock (Michael Bennett, #4)
  • I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, #5)
  • Gone (Michael Bennett, #6)
  • Burn (Michael Bennett, #7)
  • Alert (Michael Bennett, #8)
  • Bullseye (Michael Bennett, #9)
  • Chase (Michael Bennett, #9.5)
“bleachers at a Little League” 1 likes
“I think if you did, you might not be shocked by it. Teachers are expected to do more and more, and much of the parenting authority has been ceded to us by the parents. In the media they call it teacher accountability, but really it’s a lack of parent accountability. There’s no respect anymore. I’m afraid I find the violence in this case shocking but not exactly the murder itself. Does that make sense?” 0 likes