Start by marking “Eternal Darkness” as Want to Read:
Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness

SOMEONE HAS MOVED INTO THE OLD BREWSTER PLACE

Ben Harris and his best friends Richie and Jack knew the stories about Old Man Brewster, what happened to his wife . . . and the flies. They had no idea why anybody would want to live there, but then they met Greg Lupescu, the new kid who had moved in. He looked strange, his father was never around, and he had this creepy butle
Published January 23rd 2017 by Bloodshot Books

To ask other readers questions about Eternal Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal Darkness

Reeda Booke
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Picked this one up after really enjoying the author's book, "Haven". I liked this one even better.
Another coming of age story, but this time with vampires. The ending left room for a sequel, which I hope will follow.
4.5 stars rounded up to 5.
Randy
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh so good!

Tom Deady has managed to take me back to the days when I discovered, Stephen King, Richard Laymon, and Peter Straub. I have looked forward to reading this book due to the comments and praise for his work from authors I respect and admire. I was exceptionally pleased and impressed with Eternal Darkness more than any new author in recent times. Just simply superb, and I'm anxious to read more from Mr Deady! I'm a fan for sure!
William Bitner Jr.
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, vampire
Genre - Vampire Horror
Pages - 344
Publication Date - Bloodshot Books January 23, 2017
Format - Kindle
Stars - 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I’d like to start by giving a shout out to Pete Kahle owner/publisher of Bloodshot Books and an author in his own right for gifting me a digital copy of this book.

In “Eternal Darkness” by Tom Deady, we are transported back to a place in time when we did not have at our disposal smart phones or electronic devices to help us out of a situation. When danger came we had to search out the n
Kya Aliana
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the very first chapter of Tom Deady’s Eternal Darkness, you know what you’re in for…an epic, chilling, and scary tale about REAL vampires. Not since Stephen King’s ‘Salem’s Lot has a vampire story given me such vivid and haunting nightmares - and yes, that is a compliment.

Deady’s writing is masterful, vivid, and reminiscent of the paperback horror books that sucked me into the genre at a very young age.

Tom Deady’s vampires are creepy, well-crafted, and fit perfectly within his plot and set
Crystal
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, vampire
4.5 Stars!

I loved this book! It was a fun and horrifying read. Mr. Deady definitely had me shocked by some of the events that took place and I loved every minute of it. A great take on vampire lore. It leaves us with a hope for a sequel, and I do indeed hope that we'll get one!

Beware the flies (and Revere).
Julia O'Connell
May 02, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF

I was sent a copy of this book for an honest review, but wound up deciding not to finish it.

The beginning had a bit of a Stranger Things vibe, and there were a couple different plot lines going on with characters of different ages. My initial impression was that this seemed like it might be a book for younger readers, but then there were SUDDEN UNEXPECTED DEPICTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT.

The first instance was a minorly graphic memory/flashback that took me totally unaware and felt rather jarri
Linda Watkins
Tom Deady’s “Eternal Darkness” is reminiscent of one of my favorite Stephen King novels, “Salem’s Lot.” The book follows the paths of four fourteen-year-old boys in the small New England town of Bristol, Mass.

Ben, Richie, and Jack have been best friends forever and, as summer winds down, are looking forward with eager anticipation to starting high school in the fall. Greg is new to town. His father and man-servant, Karl, have moved into the old Brewster place, one of the homes on Ben’s paper rou
Danielle
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This book left me feeling meh. I found myself surprised that this was not Deady's 1st book and Haven his 2nd. I liked Haven a lot more - the writing, the characters, the storyline itself. The story is about a boy Ben and his friends who welcome a new boy Grigore into their town, and then must uncover and battle the evil that has come into town along with Grigore and his family. The beginning felt very much like the beginning of Salem's Lot, with overtones of IT and Summer of Night popping up thr ...more
Cindy Middleton
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually leave reviews, cause I'm not good at it. But, this book was surprisingly good. I didn't want it to end. I really stay away from vampire stories' cause they're all the same. But, this one was different. I really got into the characters. It was great. I highly recommend.

Lisa Pike
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Maybe I would have enjoyed this more if I hadn't read Stephen King - in particular Salem's Lot and IT. Also, the vampire trope is somewhat tired to me as well.

It was well-written, that was not my issue, and the characters were likeable too for the most part, although they felt a little 2 dimensional. The dialogue was pretty stilted in parts as well, and I couldn't help but feel an inevitability about the plot - no alarms and no surprises so to speak.

Having said that, if you haven't read your fil
Tina
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was initially taken aback by the cheesy cover and sometimes-goofy dialogue early in the book. But suddenly I was swept up in the story, anxious to see what was coming next. And that's the mark of a good horror story, isn't it? It creeps up on you stealthily, until you're turning pages like mad, reaching for the end. The end of this particular tale clearly lies in the future; there is obviously a sequel coming. I can't wait. Four and a half stars.
Marci
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good, yes, it was a little like the preface ....be sure to read that.

Definitely worth a four. Good old fashioned type horror, which is my favorite. Please future authors... Don't fall into that overused storyline about paranormal investigators. This is a great original story...like they used to be!
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting take on a vampire story.

Nice mix of old vampire lore with a contemporary twist. Enough steady action and suspense to keep my attention. Overall a fun read! I hope there will be a sequel with Ben, Greg and the gang!
Iain MacCallum
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
First class storytelling

This a story of kids and vampires and it is hard not to think of early Stephen King books. Nothing wrong with that however and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is well written with an ending that maybe hints of a sequel. I hope so anyway!!
Donna King
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rate the book!

I really enjoyed this story. It was scary, nerve racking, but very good. I hope there will be a sequel to it.
Stephen
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I was not blown away by this book. Definitely not as good as 'Haven'.
Eddie Generous
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Unnerving Magazine Review
Immediately, this thing rolls out a familiar sense, something akin to Salem’s Lot meets Summer of Night, in sense of story and characters anyway. Things shift and bend away from either of comparable storylines, but a vibe lingers. Small town America rich in its outward wholesomeness and deep in its under layers of grime...
There’s a new family in town at the old Brewster place and they’re shady, they’re loners, they’re downright weird. There’s no real mystery to the monst
Emily
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
So this was my second tom deady novel after reading the highly accaimed Haven. I didn't really know what to expect because i try to read the book based on the book and not really on the synopsis or reviews (but hope this review helps). This is a coming of age story...but with vampires. Like WHAT?!
I don't even like vampires. Twilight RUINED that whole genre for me but reading this, by the end i was stunned that i freaking loved it! It might even get me to read more vampire books.
The ending was
Nov 08, 2017
Jenny
Nov 25, 2017
Nicole
rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Demons
  • Peel Back the Skin
  • The Lovecraft Squad: All Hallows Horror
  • No Dominion (Joe Pitt, #2)
  • Beware the Night
  • Man with No Name
  • House of Windows
  • Dark Cities
  • The Late Night Horror Show
Tom Deady is the author of several short stories, as well as a non-fiction book on the Red Sox historic 2004 season.

Tom's debut novel, Haven, is available now from Cemetery Dance on Amazon in ebook and paperback (https://www.amazon.com/Haven-Tom-Dead...).
Haven is the 2016 Bram Stoker Winner of Superior Achievement in a First Novel.

Tom's second novel, Eternal Darkness, is available now from Blood