Start by marking “Liberty At Last (The Liberty Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Liberty At Last (The Liberty Series #2)

Liberty At Last

(The Liberty Series #2)

This is an alternate cover edition for B00IDW1ODE

The edge-of-your-seat conclusion to The Liberty Series...

I left the man I love to go to Mexico and find his missing daughter. I wanted to heal his broken heart. But now I've been captured by a traitor. I've just made everything worse...

But John Carter Quinn is a fighter, and he won't give up on me. Or his daughter. He'll fi
Published January 2017 by CMG (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Liberty At Last, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberty At Last

❀ Crystal ✿ -
Copy provided by Author for Honest Review

When the last book ended I had no idea that it would start the way it did. Liberty not only leaves her love behind but goes without a clue as to her intentions. When we see her again she’s locked in the dark in a cell in the bowels of Mexico after going off to find John’s daughter. The same daughter John has not been able to find in the years he’s searched. Even with all his connections John has never gotten a whiff of anything positive regarding his daug
Shannon Cheatham
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in return for a honest review.

Much better. I enjoyed this book much more than the first. I didn't care so much for Liberty's voice in her head. There seemed to be a lot of that voice in the beginning but it got better.

I understood the characters much more and I related to them so much more. I didn't feel like Liberty was as wishy washy in her feelings in this book. I really enjoyed John being true to his love to Liberty, and unlike the first book I saw John's lov
Bobbi
**I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review**

This book begins with Liberty in Mexico. Captured after asking too many questions. When John comes to save the day, he gets more than he bargained for.

Back at the Rhode Island house, Liberty insists on not leaving John's side. Even when he goes on missions. So now, she has to train just as they do and get herself back to normal and then some. Boy did she rethink that!

On their mission, she starts to think twice. M
April
********Received and ARC of this book via the author in exchange for an honest review*********

Liberty At Last was MUCH better than Liberty Begins. This one was more action packed, more drama, and more dialogue. I was pulled in from the first page. It started off with Liberty being held captive in Mexico trying to find John's daughter Catherine. What she didnt expect was to be captured by Catherine and her peoples. We got to see more of the operation side of John's business and I loved it. I felt
Kristen Cansler
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-review, r2r
Wow, wow, WOW! This book was nothing like what I expected. It took me by surprise and drug me on a wild ride that I never saw coming.

With the first book, I was unsure of Liberty. She was well written, don't get me wrong. But I didn't like her decisions. With the beginning of this book, she continued with those careless decisions. But wow. Once I got into the story, I saw Liberty in a different light. Leigh James did an excellent job at writing her character arc flawlessly. By the time I finish
Steph
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liberty now knows that she is in love with John and wants to be with him but she is convinced in order to do so, she needs to make things right for him like he made things right for her. So, she heads to Mexico to try and find his daughter who went missing years before. But what she finds isn't what she expected and in opening old wounds has she made things worse instead of better?

Unlike the first book which is all about Liberty and John coming together, this book is almost nonstop action with a
Natalie
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. The second book in this series is broken down in to three sections.
Starting off a few weeks later than where the first ended, with Liberty being held captive by Johns daughter. Tortured and nearly starved, she is slowly losing her will to live. Rescued by John and his team, they make their way back over the mexican boarder, with Catherine an unwilling passenger. But with the head of the cartel on their tale, the journey is far from smooh.
The
Patricia
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received a book in exchange for an honest review.

After the first book's cliffhanger, I was excited to start reading this one!
First of all I have to say that I thought Liberty's decision to go to Mexico by herself showed a bit of immaturity and I also think it would be difficult for someone to do that in real life. If John hadn't found his daughter and he had a team helping him, why would she think that she could do it? Seemed a little bit weird to me!

I think the preface i
Jenn
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains adult subject matter and is intended for mature readers.

Liberty has gone on a mission of sorts to find John Quinn's daughter and
reunite them, however Liberty soon realizes that things are not as she
had hoped. Not only does John's daughter want nothing to do with him,
she has also made some rather well known and dangerous friends along the
way. John and his crew manage to find Liberty before she gets in too
far over her head, but then Liberty and John must deal with his
daugh
Jessica
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read2014, to-review
I revive a copy of this book for an honest review.

This book rocked. I am a huge fan of romance and in this book it had it all!!! I really loved the action that was in this one.

I won't guess too much away but this one started 3 weeks from the end of the last one And to say I was thrown for a loop is an understatement! I didn't expect for any of that too happy and well it did. I was so happy then mad and confused. But as the story went on I began to understand. The action In This book was just ama
Nadine Bookaholic
This book picked up right where Liberty Begins left off. Liberty ran away from John and the team in Vegas and went to Mexico...crazy doesn't begin to describe this girl. Anyway, just like the first book this one is filled with action, lots of bad guys that John and the rest of his team of good guys need to go after and take care of. There is of course a lot of sex (even more then the first book) and they were a roller coaster of emotions.

I really enjoyed this book and even though it is suppose
Leigh James
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm so proud of my baby...I can't wait to share it this book with you! It's a wild ride. Add it to your TBR!

Hello JOHN CARTER QUINN!!!

daniel craig photo: n1329584756_30068721_9359.jpg

Hello Matthew!!!

channing tatum gif photo: channing tatum GIF 744873.gif
Beth
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review. So in book one I thought Liberty and John's relationship was a little rushed... book two completely fixed that! I felt like looking back they had a strong attraction in book one and in two they actually fell in love! I really enjoyed this book. It kept me interested, and the characters really developed for me. At the end I was getting upset that it was over! I did wish that Catherine had ended up in love. I'm hoping there will be another book ...more
Pamela Gilmore
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put the book down until I finished it

read both liberty books and loved them both. am going to recommend them to all my reading friends. lmgraff3 try them
Nikki
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book! Wonderful local author! Keep 'em coming, Leigh!
Amypwarren
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this Liberty series! Liberty is a strong character and the way her relationship evolves with John is endearing. More importantly, the way her own character matures is impressionable.
Elisabeth
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect book for vacation! Loved getting to see Liberty through it. Great series.
Stephanie
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this series it was very different from some of the books I read. I really wish there would have been more of a ending though. I didn't feel closure but I love Liberty and John there love was beautiful. I want to here more about the crew and Ian and his daughter. There has to be another book or series maybe please. Anyways I will be looking forward to reading more from this author I loved her eriting style.
Suzanne King-Genton
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!

This story and part one is great. The characters mesh, the adventure is exciting and the love is wonderful. The humor fits in when needed and gives the story a quick zap here and there. The spiders...oh the spiders...I feel the same as the characters do. ICK. I highly recommend this.series aka. It's sweet, exciting and fun.
Phyllis  Versetto
I loved this and Liberty begins. The author did a great job of ending the first book and starting the second. These book's really hold your interest I did not want to put it down you get so in gross in the chapters that you can hardly wait to see what comes next. These books were awesome I can not wait until she writes more books.
Jana
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So steamy but filled with action

So steamy but filled with action

From being kidnapped by a drug cartel leader to the end of the book Liberty and John keep you on the edge of your seat. Great read and fun characters. Will definitely be sharing the name of this book with friends
Patricia Piercy
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and sweaty,sexy and riveting.

Hot and sweaty,sexy and riveting.

Just proves no matter your background, age, when the time is right for you to find true love, nothing else matters to you but that special someone who is made just for you.
Patricia L. Milheim
Awsome

Awsome

I Read both books and really enjoyed. Liberty and John were bond at first site. But, Mathew was a wonder. Won't mind reading more about all three.
The writer kept the storyline going through both books.
Cheryl Buchanan
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series. Full of suspense, mystery and lots of wonderful passion. Could not or better yet would not put this book down. Read the last few pages very slowly as I did mot want it to end.

Hoping to read any and all books published by Miss James.
J.E.
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was disppointed in book 2 of this series. It lacked action and I found myself flipping through the pages quickly. The heroine's actions seemed less than plausible to me. I haven't decided whether to move on to book 3 of the series.
Alicia
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Sequel

I liked the plot twists & the ending that left room for another sequel, but tied up all loose endings!
Brittany Holland
What a conclusion! I just spent all day reading this, and I loved it.
Danette
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adventure

When one wants to live they do It for the one they love and for the family they have missed for 6 years. Adventure, drama and death will only get you to the next page or will it! Will it end with happiness or will you be left to fight Another Day! . I say if you read it you will be hooked.. Don't forget the first book or you will be forever gone......... And the story continues!
Ely
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Really not well done. I kept wanting it to end. It was so predictable and full of cliches. The main character is so damn good and can't do wrong, and her love interest is so darn bad. Oh, and he just so happens to be hot as sin, with no flaws except he is a hired hand. Then she's worthless at everything, but accomplishes what military personnel couldn't do? I'm all for women in power, but can we at least make it realistic? There is no way a seasoned military man is gonna take some useless woman ...more
Kristi Simonsen
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liberty, Liberty, Liberty! She gets herself into a big mess in this book and you just want to beat her over the head! While her heart is in the right place and it all works out, you can't help but shake your head. But John comes to the rescue and makes you love him even more. By the end though, your heart will be breaking for him.

• A Beautiful Star (Beautiful, #5)
  • Show Stopper (Rock & Release, Act #3)
  • The Waiting Game (American Gypsy, #2)
  • Possess (Shamed, #2)
  • Branded
  • This One Moment (Pushing Limits, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (Serendipity, #2)
  • Through The Veil (#1)
  • Down to Business (Business, #1)
  • Speaking Greek (Foreign Exchange, #1)
  • Cherished (Adam & Ella #3)
  • Crushed (Rushed #2)
  • Vision of Destiny (Infinity, #2)
  • Holding onto Hope: The Complete Hope Trilogy (Hope Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Full Steam Ahead (Sea Swept, #1)
  • No One's Hero (Chadwell Hearts, #2)
  • Bulletproof Weeks (When You're Gone, #2)
  • Covert (Chicago Angels, #1)
Leigh James is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance. She's always been a writer. She started young (at six or seven), with a mystery about a socialite who drowned in a pool. (She'd probably been watching too much General Hospital with her Grammy!)

List of Leigh's Books:
Silicon Valley Billionaires Series:
Silicon Valley Billionaires: LAUREN
Silicon Valley Billionaires: GABE
Silicon

The Liberty Series (3 books)
  • Liberty Begins (The Liberty Series #1)
  • Liberty...And Justice For All (The Liberty Series #3)
“I'm too sexy for a grocery store. John Carter Quinn” 0 likes