Start by marking “Champion (Galactic Gladiators, #5)” as Want to Read:
Champion (Galactic Gladiators, #5)

Champion

(Galactic Gladiators #5)

Fighting for love, honor, and freedom on the galaxy’s lawless outer rim…

Space marine Blaine Strong enjoyed being a composed, controlled member of space station security…until he was abducted by alien slavers. Forced into underground fight rings and pumped full of drugs, he’s now seething with anger and out for revenge.

Rescued by gladiators and fellow humans on the desert w
Published March 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Champion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Champion

Marta Cox
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another dose of this authors Galactic Gladiators and this time it's the turn of female fighter Saff to make some hard choices. From the very start of this series she's been tough, focussed and fond of teasing her brothers in arms as the humans they meet steal their hearts. Now though there's a new man in the House of Galen and it's the very human space marine Blaine. He's escaped the underground fighting ring but he's damaged after all the drugs pumped into him . Still when Saff looks at him she ...more
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
3.5 stars.

Much to my surprise, I'm really enjoying Anna Hackett's Galactic Gladiators series. See, I never understood the "hot alien" thing. I grew up with The X-Files, and aliens were anything but hot. In fact, they so terrified me that when I woke up with a stomache one night, I burst into my parents' room convinced that aliens had abducted and impregnated me (yes, my crazy non-menstruating nine-year-old ass thought that I was pregnant). It was no wonder that my father declared, "No more X-Fil
namericanwordcat
Happy to see a human male get matched with an alien female. The fact that they are both amazing warriors is great as well.

I like the romance between them as the hero heals from his emotionial wounds from being a captive.

The action is fast paced but it sometimes out balanced the love story and wasn't as interesting as it repeated some events in the earlier books.

However, new characters that I am interested in do get introduced. I will keep reading.
Ira
Our Alien girl got her Earth Man!
She is the only female gladiator of House of Galen, a kick ass girl but an Empath too:)
Awesome 😁
Dísir
There are many Anna Hackett books that are probably scored permanently in my memory, and I'm beyond happy to say that 'Champion' will number as one of them.

I've been somewhat on the fence with the Galactic Gladiator series but Blaine/Saff's story is one that I truly liked and could get into without difficulty. It's the sense of true equality that I got between the both of them - physically, emotionally, with similar spirits of determination, loyalty and courage - which I thought made this story
 Rosebud
Revenge.

Blaine Strong was abducted from an Earth space station by Thraxian slavers, drugged, and made to fight or die in an illegal underground fighting ring. Though rescued and now freely fighting for the House of Galen on Kor Magna, his burning drive is to locate the Thraxian & Srinars responsible and deliver some good old fashioned payback, Earth style.

The House of Galen has been attacked and three of their females abducted. There are laws governing the planet and the Thraxians have vio
Marlene
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

There was a bit more sand than usual in this entry in Hackett’s sand, swords, and spaceships saga of gladiators on an intergalactic pleasure planet far, far, far from Earth’s corner of the Milky Way galaxy. If you like your science fiction romance with a lot of strong, sexy heroes, very evil bad guys and more than a bit of “can’t go home again” angst, this series is a winner. But you really need to at least read the first book in the series, Gladiator, to s
Paraphrodite
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
4 stars.

The only male Earth abductee that we know of, Blaine was drugged and put into illegal fight rings. Together with 3 other Earth women, he was rescued by the House of Galen. However, their enemies infiltrated the House and managed to re-capture the women. So, with Saff, the only high-level female Gladiator from the House, they went in search of the women who were rumored to have been sent to a mythical desert fight Arena.

I quite enjoyed this, especially as the author has expanded this alie
Amyiw
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Scifi fluff romance.
This is really good until the middle where they don't kill the a-hole. And surprise surprise, he comes back to haunt them and cause great injury. Really? I literally was yelling out loud, while driving and listening to this through headsets and my daughter was like, 'what?'. "Kill him! argh!", "kill him already! argh!". 'what Mom?' daughter respondes. She knows I am listening to a book but is really wondering. Usually I'm laughing or sighing but not talking out loud. So here
Kristiej
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
And now here we are at book five. This is a reversal of roles book. In this one Saff, our heroine is the lone female member of the House of Galen. She's fierce and she's a warrior and she can keep up with any of her male team members in the ring.

Blaine was an ex-marine, now working as security on the space station before it was attacked. When it was, he had been sold to an underground fighting ring and kept drugged to keep him more aggressive and fighting harder.

Saff is drawn to Blaine as he is
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Blaine Strong has been the iffiest of the humans captured and sold into slavery. He has been drugged and made to fight to the death before being rescued. Now he has to try to come to terms with what and who he is now and for that he needs help. Saff Essikani is the one to provide it but not without a lot of danger, tension and new problems for the Galactic Gladiators. The world building and back story was done in the previous novellas but there is some tucked into the story line if you missed th ...more
Lee
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sfr
This Galactic Gladiators book to breaks the formula of the first few, and it’s the more enjoyable (for me) for it.
Blaine Strong has plenty of demons and trauma to deal with. He’s a tortured hero who thankfully doesn’t take it out on anyone…except maybe himself. Saff Essikani, however, takes no guff from Blaine, and calls him on his self-destructive impulses. Both characters are strong and likable, competent and wounded. Saff has some ugly things of her own to overcome, and she and Blaine have to
Gail Koger
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Loved it. Lots of action, hot sex and great characters. If you're looking for an interesting plot, this the book for you
Meleeta Morris
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Taken from his world forced to fight

Blaine overcomes being forced to kill, being made an addict against his will and having his freedom stolen. He finds love in the most unlikely place with a unusual warrior woman.
Kylie Griffin
My favourite of the Galactic Gladiators series.
Katharine
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!

Another amazing sizzlin Hot, action packed, Paranormal Romance read by Anna Hackett! Loved this couple as much as all in previous reads in this awesome series! A must read:)
Cc
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2019, ku
Saff and Blaine

Finding it hard to adjust to being free Blaine is impatient with himself returning to normal. Saff spars with him in practice and finds they have hot mad chemistry.

Throw in a kidnapping of several women and you have a great action packed story
Space Cowgirl
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
💘Love's for Anyone But Me

Blaine Strong💪, human marine and once a drug addicted gladiator🔪, was freed from the slavers by Galen and fights for him now. He has beaten the addiction with the help of an alien woman gladiator🔪, Saff. She is also an Empath. They have fought at each other's side in the arena for the slavers and now for the House of Galen on the desert planet🌍 of Carthago.
When Galen's gladiator🔪 compound is raided, three of the human women are taken by the despicable slave master, a Sri
Angarad
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC as part of the AWESOME Advance Reading team.

2 scarred warriors who fight to overcome their past, recent and not. Two head strings fighters who realized that they fit together better than they ever expected, looking after each other, protecting the other's back, and meeting in a storm of passion and love.
I really loved Staff who was the only female gladiator before Harper arrived. She is strong, proud and not afraid to let her opinion known. She is also fiercely loyal and prote
Melanie S
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Anna Hackett's Galactic Gladiator series is one of the best Sci-fi-fi alien romance series I've ever read. Champion, her fifth and latest GG novel is a worthy companion to the rest. This is gladiator Saff Essikani's turn in the spotlight, and the human-turned-gladiator, Blaine Strong, is her love interest. As is her custom, Hackett gives us a good back-story for both her leads, making the relationship believable and keeping the reader involved in their story. The ongoing saga of the House of Gal ...more
Karen
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-ten-author
The perfect combination of imagination and execution, this is a great sci-fi romantic adventure and KU library read. Blaine Strong, the human space marine security specialist freed from the Srinar underground fighting cages in book four, is still struggling with the aftereffects of his forced fighting and drug usage. He's gone through withdrawal and treatment, but is nothing like the man he was before.

Saff Essani is the net champion of the arena, a House of Galen gladiator and an empath. She fo
Kelly
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This time around we have a human male (the only one the gladiators have come across, come to think of it) and a female gladiator. Blaine has been drugged and tortured and forced to fight in the pits below the Kor Magna Arena and he's a bit of a mess when we first met him. He's come a long way since then, but he's still struggling to find himself.

While Blaine is the seething mass of rage and emotion, Saff is the cool, competent gladiator who knows what she wants and goes after it. While Blaine is
JML
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hero's all

Once again I truly enjoyed going back to the Kor Magna to visit my favorite gladiators. Blaine's story was terrific and I loved learning more about Saff the fierce female warrior. Watching Blaine come to terms with who he is now was painful. This was a man used to having complete control and he was forced to become a violent animal like warrior. But together he an Saff found away to accept and embrace w/o they are now and love each other deeply in the process. I can't wait to read Nero
Jannie Cv
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"You are freedom" - don't we all want that?
Blaine is recovering from his time in the underground fight clubs. He's training with Saff when an attack occurs and some people are stolen away. What an adventure this turns out to be! They are far beyond Kor Magna; new dangers, new enemies and old, and the challenge of finding the missing ones in all that sand!
I love learning what makes Saff tick, and watching Blaine come to grips with his 'new' self. When they get together, whether to fight the enem
Linda
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Champion is the next in the Gladiator Series and it begins with space Marine turned into a gladiator to fight at The House of Galen and he's trying to overcome the drugs that his abductors forced him to take that made him a savage. I loved that Saff Essikani took pity on the Earth man and taught him to control his anger. The House of Galen was attacked and some of the Earth women were taken to who knows where, but The House of Galen were determined to get them back! I hope there is a book 6 ...more
J.R. Thomas
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series worth every penny!!!

I don't know how but I fell in love with each and every couple normally I like a Long series about the same person but I'm hooked on this series and never want it to end I want to read more about every couple after the proclamation's of love I want to know everything they are felling throughout all the story lines more please I really want my own alien gladiator!!!!
Betty
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY RIVETING STORY BY ANNA HACKETT

As this fantastic series continues with plenty of action packed into the storyline and it's characters,you'll be able to enjoy their struggles and triumphs in love but also in fighting for freedom from the horrible Tharaxians that are despicable slavers. SOOOO RECOMMENDING THAT YOU HAVE THIS WHOLE SERIES AND ENJOY IT WITH ME!! 🔟🔟🔟🔟👏👏👏👏🍵📖😬😲😭😱😫😞😜😂😄😘😍💟💘💑💞💝😍
Megan M.
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's always nice to have someone be your champion

I have read so many sci-fi romances where the human men are all weak and puny. But not so for Blair. He held his own against alien species that were always said to be much bigger than humans. It's a good thing that he had Saff to guide him and be his champion as he came to terms with the changes the drugs forced on him. I borrowed this book through the Kindle Unlimited program.
Kara Prem
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blake, the only man (that we know of) who was kidnapped from the station orbiting Jupiter has been rescued but faces a rough recovery as his captors gave him drugs to make him a more vicious warrior. With the help of gladiator Saff, he sets out on a mission to rescue the three earth women who were on a transport ship when the slavers arrived. Another easy read.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company, #2)
  • Tales From The SFR Brigade
  • Edge of Temptation (The Edge, #2)
  • Aydan (The Azziarin, #6)
  • Ghost of a Machine (Cyborg Sizzle #7)
  • Cautious Surrender (Unearthly World, #4)
  • Wulf and the Bounty Hunter (Coletti Warlords, #6)
  • Something New Under the Sun (Falling Sky #2)
  • Sinner (Space Gypsy Chronicles, #2)
  • Dark Planet Falling (Dark Planet Warriors, #2)
  • The Last True Hero (Burned Lands, #2)
  • First Awakenings (Project Gliese 581g, #2)
  • Trapped (The Condemned Series, #1)
I’m Anna and I’m a USA Today bestselling author who’s passionate about action romance. I love stories that combine the thrill of falling in love with the excitement of action, danger and adventure. I write about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it’s possible for all of us to do the same.

My parents are to blame for my insatiable need to m

Galactic Gladiators (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Gladiator (Galactic Gladiators, #1)
  • Warrior (Galactic Gladiators, #2)
  • Hero (Galactic Gladiators, #3)
  • Protector (Galactic Gladiators, #4)
  • Barbarian (Galactic Gladiators, #6)
  • Beast (Galactic Gladiators, #7)
  • Rogue: Information Rogue / Desert Rogue (Galactic Gladiators, #8)
  • Guardian (Galactic Gladiators, #9)
  • Cyborg (Galactic Gladiators, #10)
  • Imperator  (Galactic Gladiators #11)