Start by marking “Finding Her Center” as Want to Read:
Finding Her Center

Finding Her Center

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  331 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Hockey Center Greyson Mathieson is a hockey legacy, growing up with a dad that also played pro. It’s the most important thing in his life next to his Mama, and with a crucial season coming up – he’s got no time for distractions.

Well…none except for Daya.

Greyson met Daya two years ago by chance, when he decided to blow off some steam by chatting with a stranger online. Bu
Published January 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Finding Her Center, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Her Center

Karen's Bookshelf
Daya Kincaid likes to keep things simple with little to no drama. That's why the only long term relationship she's had in the last two years is with someone she's never met, and she would like to keep it that way. Things are going great, until her chat buddy wants to change the rules. Now Daya has to decide if she should take a chance and meet him, or end it before things get complicated.
Greyson "Cole" Mathieson has been enjoying his on again off again long distance relationship with his chat bu
Bookabulary
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I was extra excited to read this book because I was really hooked with the blurb. However my bubble burst because the book started when Greyson/Cole and Daya was well into they texting/phone relationship already...and that was the part I was really looking forward to. It was actually nearing the end.

I don't know if that was because of that development that my head started to go somewhere else when I continued with the book. I expected it to be a fun read and suddenly, it started to really get se
Mspraise50
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an interracial story (BW/WM) with Daya and Greyson. This is my first book by this author and I read it on Kindle Unlimited.

I really enjoyed this story, its a sports romance which starts online. I did want to shake Daya a few times because she was about to throw away someone who was really into her.

I would recommend this book as a good read.
h
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Paula Genereau
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love hockey books. Greyson is so dreamy.
Megan
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
I got about halfway through this book and I just couldn't get into it. I usually read new adult romance books in about a day if they are good. Sometimes I even stay up all night reading it and then have to re-read the good ones again just to swoon over the characters. I did not care for Daya even though I was happy to see a bi-racial romance and even though I originally liked the premise of them having this cyber sex relationship to then something more in real life, it just didn't capture my att ...more
ViolinVixen
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Greyson and Daya have been sexting each other for about 2 years. They’ve never met. Daya isn’t interested in anything other than a long-distance/anonymous arrangement and Greyson isn’t the type to force the issue.

The start of the book is very hot and steamy with their sexting back and forth. Great start to the book and then it cooled off a bit. For me this felt like a solid 3.5/5 star book.

Greyson is a professional hockey player and hockey is his first love. He’s focused, dedicated and extremely
Jenifer
This grabbed me right away because I was loving the back and forth online bravery. Of course it was steamy but the narrative was funny. It pulled you in.

It's so easy to be someone different online than your real world self. You can be a little braver, and maybe even a little more honest with your deep down self (let that freak flag fly -lol-). Not always what you'd like to reveal in real life. So to meet that person you're a bit too...um...open...with online is a scary thought.

This is a smutty
Lynnai
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cyber sex leads to love

***I received this book in exchange for an honest ARC review***
This book was a great debut novel by this author. The story flowed pretty well and the characters were likeable. Full of hot sex scenes.
Greyson is a pro hockey player and Daya is a writer. Greyson is a bit of a sap and Daya is closed off. Greyson and Daya have a fling online for two years. Greyson wants to meet Daya in person and pursue things once he gets back to NY, but Daya likes the anonymity and hiding beh
Alicia Milton
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I've passed this book on amazon for the past mos. now bc it was a hockey romance and could only imagine how cliché the plot and storyline were about to be. Too many IRR are starting to read the same and I'm getting bored but after not finding much else to pick from I gave this one a chance, and I am soon very glad I did. I was so pleasantly surprised. The characters had depth and plenty of personality. They had real life issues that only enhanced the story. I was a little mad with Daya i
Maria
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Grayson and Daya meet virtually and it’s immediate attraction. Since sexting is the only thing they do, Greyson decides to step up and ask Daya to meet personally. Daya panics but what she doesn't know is that Grayson actually is her best friend’s brother and she meets him during his visit in New York. Grayson is bewitched by Daya's charm but she has a lot of personal issues so it will be a long road towards a happy ending. I liked reading this book and I honestly recommend it. Sexy, charming an ...more
Kimberly Lewis
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh!

Wow!!!! Where has this author been hiding!!! I've never heard of her before, but I will be adding her to my list of 'Go to authors.' Really loved this book. You could feel the love these 2 characters had for each other, jumping off the page at you as you read. A lot of writers can't do that, but Aja managed to do that in this book. Thanks Kindle Unlimited for adding a new author to my list!
Hazel Robinson
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it what a sweet story

Deya and Greyson had been sexting for two years. He wants to meet her she doesn't, as fate would have it. Her roommate is Greyson's sister. He stops in to spend a few days with his sister and there is Daya. He recognized her but she didn't recognize him right away. They both had daddy issues. It's always good to work out our issues before we go into a relationship.
MissyLynne
The idea of the story okay, but the writing and character personalities were annoying at times.

I found myself skipping paragraphs and just skimming sentences.

I don't know about other versions, but the KindleUnlimited on had a bunch of spelling and editing errors. And no this has nothing to do with my rating.
Cammyjoe
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good 👍

That was a good read, Grayson is one of a kind ... Tough on the ice, dominant in the bedroom but a teddy bear to his woman , Daya.
Just beautiful!
Takes a lot work and love , but together, they made it!!
And, the baby... Wow!!
Enjoy folks!! 👍👍
Benita Cleaves
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

The plot for this story I found interesting and enjoyed many of the characters. Daya left me annoyed and frustrated with her thought pattern and reactions to certain situations.
Charlisa
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

The twists and turns kept you rooting for them to make it as a couple. Although the relationship began in a sexual manner it didn't become the center of the relationship. Loved the use of a therapist to help Dana overcome her issues
Sher
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good 1st

I loved this. Outside of Daya being annoying with her stubbornness at first, this was good. I get her reasons. Cole was just really sweet. The way it ended was sweet but felt a little incomplete. Overall, I will read more from this aurho6.
Lenissa Davis
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liked it

I enjoy this book a lot, I really didn't expect to like it so much like I do. Daya and Greyson's relationship is so cute and I love that Greyson wasn't your stereotypical alpha male, just a sweet guy.
Latoya
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I fell in love with Grayson. I fell in love with their love sigh. A hot read with plenty romance
Lovie D. Bey
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good.

A sports romance with depth. Greyson was not just hot but was sweet also. Data was complex and likeable. Very enjoyable book.
Dee Nickerson
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Online to real-life drama.
Karina
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. I loved this book. The characters had great chemistry just in their texting back and forth for so long. Once they meet it gets even better. Grayson is the one who wants more. Daya is not ready to go there at the beginning It all works out in the end. This was a good first book for this author.
Tracy Gunnels
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Ahh.. A sports romance

Interracial relationships are not generally my thing, but I did enjoy this one.

I'm sure people do have these really messed up family units, but it seems surreal.

There are some typos that the proofreaders haven't caught yet... That's the reason for a 3 rating.

The sex is very hot
Book Freak
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoy discovering new authors. This was a really good first offering by Aja Cole and I look forward to reading more by this author. I enjoyed the premise of the story about sexting buddies trying to make a go of an actual relationship. At first I thought it would be a lighthearted comedic read after Cole realized who Daya really was but that notion was put aside as I engrossed myself into this story. I appreciated this couple's transparency and their desire to be communicative as that hardly h ...more
Cyndi
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars
Jessica Lamb
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!!

I loved this book so much. There's a hot and sexy side to the story, but also a deep romance. Plus there's hockey in this book, and you can't got wrong with hockey!
Teresa  Christianson
I received a free ARC copy for an honest review.
I thought this was a great book. It was more about having to deal with your past so you can put it behind you so you are able to move forward when the right person comes along. Really makes you think if there is something in your past holding you back from the relationship you are meant to be in.
Rena
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finding each other

I loved this story between Daya and Greyson. Yes, they first connected in an unconventional way, and their chance meeting was unbelievable. However, finding each other was the best thing to happen to them. Grey was exactly what Daya needed to deal with her past, to embrace her presence, and to prepare for the future. They were evenly yolked. My first book by this author, so looking forward to my next book by her. Awesome characters and good story line. Every thing was well writ
KJC
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed every minute

This is the first book I have read by this author. It's not going to be the last. Cole is a sweetheart, who falls for a stubborn , sassy, introvert Daya. Daya worked my nerves but in a good way. I'm not going to say how they first met but it's good! Cole is a sweetheart and very open to a relationship. Daya with good reason not so much. They cry, laugh and fight for their love. I only wish we could see the surprise at the end really come to light!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
In addition to the people in her life that indulge her crazy - Aja Cole loves men that smell phenomenal, food that tastes amazing, and something that college makes it hard to do called sleep. She loves feedback and hearing from readers, as her goal is to become better with every release.
More about Aja Cole

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)