Start by marking “The Ghost of Robert Brown” as Want to Read:
The Ghost of Robert Brown

The Ghost of Robert Brown

A Math teacher's body is found floating in a lake at St. Anne's, a prestigious boarding school in Kent. His death bears an eerie resemblance to the death of Robert Brown, a student who drowned in the lake, on the same day, five years ago. Jane, a Biology teacher and ex-detective begins to unravel the mystery, encountering secrets she hadn't expected to find.
Paperback, 1, 360 pages
Published January 26th 2017 by Amazon.com

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost of Robert Brown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost of Robert Brown

Start your review of The Ghost of Robert Brown
Linda Strong
If you're expecting Casper the Friendly Ghost or some drooling, snarling, ghost floating down the stairs ... STOP right there. This is not a ghost story, as such.

Five years ago Robert Brown committed suicide (maybe) by drowning himself in the lake that sits next to a boarding school.

Exactly 5 years to the day another body is found floating in the same lake. Jane Grey, a former homicide detective and now a biology teacher, is among the first to find the body. He is a math teacher employed by the
P Dreadful
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Received a free copy from StoryCartel in exchange for an unbiased review

The Ghost of Robert Brown is a mystery novel set in Tenterden, a small town in the district of Kent. The plot was well-constructed, although I did figure out who it was before the final revelation. A few more suspects with plausible motives for murder would have made the plot better. Secondly, the prose was too skeletal. There were hardly any descriptions. It didn't feel even remotely English, which is surprising since
Sarah Rife
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this free ebook from Netgalley with the promise of a review once i was done.

First of all, I hate to be a broken record because i feel like everyone else has already mentioned this in all the reviews I read for this book, the errors in this book leave you VERY VERY confused in some parts. The wrong spelling in a lot of places is distracting, or wrong words and saying names in parts before they even reveal who the person is end up very confusing.
Take all that out of the way I don't
Merle
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
A new mystery series introducing Jane Grey, a retired detective, who now as a school teacher continues to help her old partner, Gary Myers solve murder cases. Trying to escape memories of the past year. Jane has left her dream job as a police detective and taken a position as a biology professor at the St. Anne's boarding school. As she reports for work, she is confronted by the murder of a school teacher. Wandering across the field looking for the administration building Jane is first on the ...more
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this because it had an interesting premise but it gets lost in areas that seemed to be filled with fluff to pad the page count so you begin to lose interest; not to mention Wish’s incessant need to ensure you know the time constantly of when things occurred. “At 7:00p.m. Jane stepped, At 10:00 a.m. Jane stood, At 9:30 a.m. Jane was in the vicinity” and so forth. This is not an episode of 24, you don’t need to know what time every action is happening in real time.

If the time
Bette Lentz
Good premise

The story is gripping and has the right twists. The characters are ones that could be found in a private school in the US too. The editing on this book is very sloppy. Proofreading would have been a good start. So many mistakes are so distracting for the reader. The killer's name is revealed two pages before the detective accuses him. Thus three stars.
Joyce
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
2 stars

Jane, a former detective, is now teaching biology at St. Anne’s boarding school. She is on her way to the first day of work when she gets slightly lost and comes across a dead body. Although how anyone can get lost on their way to work is beyond me, especially when she was a former detective. The detective responding to the call turns up and it happens to be her ex, Gary Myers.

To get sufficient background for Jane, the book goes back and forth between the past and the present – at least
Tes
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn’t enjoy this book at all and it took me a while to complete reading it. I obtained a free copy from StoryCartel, with a promise to write an honest review, so I forced myself to follow trough.

The writing style is unvaried and the comlete story is written in a staccato style: Jane does this, Jane does that, Jane walks, Jane talks. Jane seldomly walks and talks at the same time.

Factual mistakes and inconsistencies are a plague throughout the book, the irritation it calls forth is matched by
Gayle Noble
*I received a free copy of the book from Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review* Kindle Version.

NO SPOILERS.

This book has the promise of a decent plot but it is buried beneath stilted dialogue. It really needs another edit to correct a few instances of grammatical and spelling errors and use of incorrect words. There were also several places where contradicting information was given:

i) character closes book and pushes it away. A couple of sentences later they close the book again. When
Logan
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I really don’t know what to make of The Ghost of Robert Brown. It tries to be a good mystery, but the story drags in parts.
Let me back up, I received the book as a free book on Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review.
This is the blurb for the book: “A Math teacher's body is found floating in a lake at St. Anne's, a prestigious boarding school in Kent. His death bears an eerie resemblance to the death of Robert Brown, a student who drowned in the lake, on the same day, five years ago.
Jinting Toh
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
The plot is ok, with an unexpected ending. Made me want to read tilll the end to find out who is the killer.
Karina
Mar 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There is so much wrong with this book that I hardly know where to start.....It is full of inconsistencies,not to say mistakes(a grand chandelier,sparkling like diamonds,all that from the glow of 1 bulb,marvelous....;green eyes that mysteriously change into blue eyes and fifty pages further ,lo behold,they are chocolate brown;characters who seem to forget what they said,or asked,4 sentences earlier and so many more unbelievable errors (and I mean many more!))
As for the writing,their is virtually
Renee Robles
Feb 08, 2017
Sue Fernandez
Mar 23, 2017
Hardeepkrai
The book was ok. I think it has a lot of scope to become more mysterious and thrilling. Somewhere the story gets overpowered by Jane's grief and her memories of her son. Everytime you think the plot is going to become thrillng, the author intersperses Jane's grief with it thereby killing any suspense or interest the reader may have felt. It's said 'Too much of something is bad'. In this case, the big let down is too much of reliving of Jane's grief and guilt which pulls down the mood of the ...more
Geneva Ray
Patricia Ann
William Bitner Jr.
Patricia Mccammon
Jan 23, 2017
Creative Reviews: Looking for Reviewers for Mystery Novel 1 8 Feb 09, 2017 09:59PM