Start by marking “Complicated” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Complicated

Kristen Ashley

Complicated

Exclusively written for Audible, available only in audio. From the New York Times best-selling author of the Rock Chick series comes a story of love, murder, and second chances....

When small-town Nebraska sheriff Hixon Drake meets Greta Dare, the connection couldn't be stronger, but the timing couldn't be worse.

Dealing with the fallout of a divorce he never wanted and sett
Paperback
Expected publication: November 7th 2017 (first published May 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Complicated, please sign up.

Michelle Kristen explains some about it here: https://blog.audiofilemagazine.com/20...

"...they also approached me about doing an Audible Original. I have to…more
Kristen explains some about it here: https://blog.audiofilemagazine.com/20...

"...they also approached me about doing an Audible Original. I have to say I was hesitant at first. I like to be inclusive of all my readers and so out-of-the-ordinary exclusives are tough to manage. That said, it’s heartening that some readers who’ve never tried audio are on board to give my Audible Original COMPLICATED a shot!"

So, it's not that she's trying to let down her readers or leave anyone out- simply it was an opportunity that was opened to her and she decided to take it. Yeah, having all versions at the same time are awesome, but it's not like it'll never be available in ebook/print (just a bit longer of a wait, and at one time audio/print versions weren't available either), so really it does all works out. :) (less)

Christy
5 Gum Drop stars!

photo 18222551_10103785800936448_3732373952310733967_n_zpsijyhqakn.jpg

Kristen Ashley fans rejoice! If you’re looking for a KA book that will give you the same type of feels as her Burg series, pick up Complicated and give it a listen. KA is one of my favorite authors, and I’m a complete audio whore (I’ve listened to over 30 this year alone) so when I heard she was releasing an audio exclusive, I one clicked that baby on release day. For it being a longish audio, it didn’t take me much time at all to listen to it. I didn’t want to push pause once
Anna's Ramblings ツ
Changed my mind.

I can't concentrate for shit. Audibooks are definitely NOT my thing.

So waiting it is.

Pam Nelson
5 Complicated Stars - ❤ Audible Review HERE

Ok I am going to be totally Honest, I might be a little bias because I love most everything Kristen Ashley writes. Sometimes I have to read a book 1 time and love it sometimes 2 or more.

This was a 1 and done for me. I loved it. I love the relationship Hixon has with his kids, with the community. I just loved Hixon.

Greta has not had an easy life but she never lets it get her down not once. She does what needs to be done and she moves on. But when she
Elizabeth

description

Well HOT DAMN this was good! I will keep this review short and sweet because as much as I LOVE AUDIO READS, it makes it difficult to highlight quotes or document the journey (which we all know how much I LOVE to do!)!

Complicated is exclusively available on Audible and when I stumbled upon this beauty I could not have been more excited to gorge on another delicious KA read!!!! And believe me when I say this read is a perfect blend of all the things we love about a Kristen Ashley read an alpha he
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
"Babe, you agreed to complicate it. You might as well give it all it's worth."

My adoration for Kristen Ashley's audiobooks truly knows no bounds. I own every single one and I listen to them repeatedly. There's nothing that brings more peace and contentment to this reader than revisiting my favorite KA stories as narrators bring them from page to life. With that said, I think an entirely different reading experience is granted through an audiobook, which is why I tend to read the book first and
Jennifer Kyle
3.75 Stars
Ingela
Review written May 6, 2017

4 1/2 Stars - You recognize it all as the usual KA romance stuff but I loved every minute anyway

When this new Kristen Ashley title some months ago was scheduled to be released in May (first as an audiobook) I pre ordered at once.

* 18:15 hours narrated by Lance Greenfield and Erin Mallon

**********************************************

Yay, then it was released!

... With a promising blurb, a bit older main characters (my favorite setting) and some pretty good ea
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“You don’t make a man what he’s not. You find the man you want and stand beside him no matter what.”

Small town romances are my ultimate weakness. There’s something so irresistible about a powerful love story being set against the backdrop of a quaint little community in which everybody knows everybody, and its many intermingled lives rolling along so close to one another, that we get to know much more than just two of its residents. I love being able to imagine that love story continuing lon
Nadia
Mar 12, 2017 Nadia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Is anyone else pissed that this is only going to be released as an audio for 6 months? I never listen to audios in lieu of reading the actual novel, it just makes the experience way less enjoyable in my opinion. Guess I'll have to wait another 6 months...
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews

I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to think when I found out that Kristen Ashley wrote a book exclusively for Audible. I thought it was a nice marketing strategy – but didn’t plan on buying it. And then I saw that lonely credit on my Audible balance and I thought – ok whatever. CLICK!!!!

Thank You for Shopping at Audible!!!!

Yeah, I bet you liked that!!!

Anyway, I was in the middle of listening to the latest John Sandford novel ‘Golden Prey‘, when I saw an amazing review by my friend Stacey
Angela Bee Bee
Another KA book with an ugly cover you know is gonna have awesome stuff inside. I'm dying because I hate audio, but as always, I'll do anything for her. https://www.amazon.com/Complicated/dp...
Stacie
May 23, 2017 Stacie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 "Complicated" Stars!

This book is very "old school" KA, IMO. It could easily fit into the COLORADO MOUNTAIN series or THE 'BURG series. Hixson is very much so a KA alpha with just a very small touch of the jackass that they are sometimes prone to be. I liked him quite a bit. Greta is very much so a KA quirky loveable female that you like but shemaaay work your nerves just a touch. But overall you still like her and you're happy she gets her man.

There is just a touch of murder/mystery going
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
A ex-esposa do herói ganhou o prêmio de mulher mais estúpida do mundo. Ela rompeu o casamento de quase 20 anos por ser uma vaca mimada.
A estupidez dela encaminhou o nosso herói para os braços da nossa heroína.
História com todos elementos já característicos da autora com heroína com grande cabelo, rosto bonita, bom gosto ao se vestir e sapatos maravilhosos. Herói macho alfa, alto, bonito, olhos bonitos, grande pai e marido.
No início da história eu fiquei apreensiva porque ele ainda estava muito a
Garden Of REden
Apr 24, 2017 Garden Of REden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REVIEWED BY JENN

4.5 STARS

*THIS IS A REVIEW OF THE AUDIO BOOK*

Ashley does it again! Complicated is classic KA! There was so much to like about this story, I’m not even sure where to start. It had all of the elements I love in Ashley’s stories. Broody, but sweet alpha male, and a take-no prisoners’ woman, who doesn’t need a man to be happy and is confident in herself. Throw in some great kids, a bitchy ex-wife, a brother who has suffered an unspeakable tragedy, and a murder in a town that hasn’t s
Jacqueline
In fairness, this was my first proper audiobook and so that might've affected my enjoyment of this.

I listen aloud to books all the time, but that's just the kindle robot voice, not a real person. The thing that creeped me out with this was the guy doing the woman's voice - it made her sound like something between a woman with an eighty a day smoking habit and a man in drag. I'm a visual reader and that really influenced my perception of Greta. Sorry but there it is. I didn't connect with her at
Raine
I really enjoyed this audiobook. It was a little weird not being able to read the book and I had to listen to everything. Very strange for me as I am a visual person. I'm not even sure how to provide how many pages this audiobook would convert to for my challenges.

I did enjoy this book, though the female narrator really made Greta all breathless and breathy like she was an airheaded bimbo or something. And I'm not too thrilled that KA has Greta stumbling through her words saying "Ummm....I..."
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Been a while since I read a book from Kristen Ashley and seeing that this was an exclusive release as an audio book I was eager to see what all the fab reviews were all about.

Hix Drake is the recently divorced town sheriff. He is a dedicated father to his three children and fiercely protective of the people in his Nebraskan town. The thing about living in a small town is that everybody knows everyones business and that can be both a blessing and a curse at times. His divorce and the reasons for
Bev
This is definitely more old style KA thankfully, which could've slotted easily right in to the Burg or CM series. A small town romance that meandered through the book full of family, friends and a tiny bit of suspense thrown in. I like that the story, once Hix got his head out of his arse, was focussed on them and the building of their relationship.
*~*Susie
This was not my first audiobook, so I already knew I wasn't a fan. I find the narrators voices distracting, especially when switching from female to male and vice versa. The breathy female narrator in this case really put me off.
As far as the story goes, I liked it, but didn't love it. Too much focus on Hix and Hope's relationship, not enough on Hix and Greta. The crime/mystery element added nothing to the overall story in my opinion. There were all the classic KA parts here, which maybe after
Cristina
May 03, 2017 Cristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Complicated is the story of - "Hixon Drake, the sheriff of a small town in Nebraska, a man who just endured a divorce he didn’t want, is trying to rebuild his life, make a new home for his children and find his footing in a place he’s been for years but it never felt right. So when he meets Greta Dare, a woman who could be the woman of his dreams, the timing couldn’t be worse. If that isn’t enough, suddenly he has to find the man who committed the first murder in his county in fifty-two years."

I
Camille
DNF at 83%

How does a woman write a misogynistic book that features female characters who would do anything for a man, including deeming themselves wrong for demanding respect and treatment in accordance with them having some (temporary) dignity.

Okay, really, even with an exclusive audiobook and much improved editing, this remains a KA title. Her characters are still rubbish.
Alana
Jan 12, 2017 Alana marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
omg please don't be the same monotone narrator that reads the colorado mountain series.. please.
Jenneal
I love KA. Like, 'have all her books and relisten over and over again' love her. But I'm not an automatic 5 star fan. There are a few (just a few) books of hers that just didn't work for me. This one was middle of the road.
I'll explain, but this review will definitely contain a few !!!SPOILERS!!! so scroll on by if this isn't your thing.
I'm not sure I read/listened to the same Hero as everyone else did. He was NOT alpha. He was my biggest obstacle when it came to loving this story. But first,
Em__Jay
May 03, 2017 Em__Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
2.5 stars - It was OK/I liked it

Complicated is an audio only release for the first six months. My review is based on the audio version I listened to.

AUDIO
I am a regular audio book listener and I relisten regularly to other Kristen Ashley books that I enjoy. With the odd exception, I typically first read the written version of a book before listening to the audio version. Having to swap my usual methodology meant I listened more actively than I usually would. It wasn't difficult. If anything, I
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.75 stars. Note: I will be reading this book again and re-reviewing it in 6 months when it comes out on ebook. So this is not a full review, just some thoughts for now...

I liked this book, but I have a few thoughts on it being an audiobook exclusive:

This was my first audiobook so it was kind of an experiment. I liked the book itself, but I found I couldn't connect with it the way I could with a book I was actually reading. I connected with it in the way I connect with tv shows and movies, but I
Rebecca
This was classic KA. All the things I enjoy about her books were in this one; sassy heroine, good guy/alpha male, predictable mystery, and adorable supporting cast. I want Shaw's book so bad I can taste it.

Audio notes: Loved the female narrator. The male was okay, but he reminded me of someone imitating BatMan's voice. I seldom listen to adult romance; just can't listen to sexy scenes. This one pushed my threshold, and if I had it to do over again, I'd stick to reading this one.
Michal Inbar
Audio is not my thing. waiting for the paperback. Releasing in 7.11.17
Mandy
LOVED this book so much!!! I wasn't sure what to expect with this only being released on audio at first but it was fantastic! The narration was perfect and the story captivating and sexy! Greta and Hix were perfection together! This is one of my favorite KA books ever and I can't wait to buy this in print when it comes out. Highly recommend!
Aarann
I've resisted and resisted and resisted the new KA releases for a couple of years. She has (had?) a great formula back in the day, the trouble is she stuck with it too hard and almost all her stories feel the same to me now. So I'm not sure why this was the exception to my No More Money On the Same Characters rule, but whatever.

Other than a few boring spots that thankfully didn't last long, this was pretty good. Vintage Ashley. But again, I'm not sure why it was necessary to plunk down money (or
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a
More about Kristen Ashley...