Start by marking “Någon måste stoppa Ivy Pocket” as Want to Read:
Någon måste stoppa Ivy Pocket

Någon måste stoppa Ivy Pocket

(Ivy Pocket #2)

Efter att den vandrande katastrofen Ivy Pocket hindrat Klockdiamanten från att falla i orätta händer anländer hon till London, där hon adopteras av ett kistmakarpar. Ivy är övertygad om att hon är den perfekta dottern, samtidigt som Mor Snagsby tvingar henne att städa begravningsbyrån, som en annan tjänsteflicka.

Alla verkar vilja ha något av Ivy Pocket. En vacker släkting
Published March 2017 by Modernista (first published May 31st 2016)

Sanja_Sanjalica
Ivy is back and clueless as ever! It was a fun read :)
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
This series is absolutely hilarious. One of my favourites.

I wonder who Caleb Krisp is though. Is he a new author or someone who's published under his real name before.
Aria
Jul 14, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Dnf p. 57. I started this not having read the 1st book, & maybe that was a mistake. Enough was explained that I didn't feel lost, but I was bored. Maybe one has to have already bonded or previously related to the characters in order to enjoy this second book in the series. This kid calling everyone, "dear," all the time was just weird though, & not in a creepily endearing way. It was an off thing to be doing, even for a strange & dark kid like Ivy. I loved the illustrations, though. ...more
Yolanda Sfetsos
Last year, thanks to Bloomsbury Australia, I got the chance to read a super fun ARC for the first book in this series. So I couldn't wait to read more.

Ivy Pocket is a very resourceful twelve-year-old orphan who has odd remedies for just about every ailment. She's also the keeper of the Clock Diamond, which means she can see past, present and future visions. Plus she just found out she can also travel into another world. She has a sharp tongue, is very clever but can sometimes be quite clueless a
Karen • The Book Return
Read more about this review and more on my blog.The Book Return Blog Ivy Pocket's luck seems to be turning, in the second installment of the 'Ivy Pocket' series. She has the Clock Diamond and is living with adoptive parents, who she helps with their coffin business. Guilt over her friend Rebecca drives her to attempt to rescue her.
'Somebody stop Ivy Pocket' is another cute buy interesting installment in the series. This one seemed more series and Ivy slightly less insulting. Ivy's quest to save
iHeartFantasy
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comedy
Ivy is such a wonderful character and I absolutely adore her self-centered world view!

Actual rating: 3,5/5.
Tinta
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another smashing good hit from Caleb Krisp! Ivy is at it again, fighting off monsters, saving the world, and keeping ahead of her nemesis, Miss Always. Because she has all the skill of a superhero. I love the charming characters and the wit in which this tale unfolds with. Ivy Pocket is turning out to be of my favorite precocious characters.
Dinnu Reads Books
Ivy is still guileless and easily manipulated...and yet, she's tough and doesn't back down easily. So I like her a lot. Lots of laughs with this book :D
Elizabeth Mathis
Are you ready for Ivy Pocket? The wickedly funny, completely unreliable maid of no importance returns—this time as a coffin maker’s daughter—in this action-packed sequel to Anyone but Ivy Pocket. School Library Journal says, “Fans of . . . Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events will love Ivy Pocket’s zany adventures.” Featuring extensive black-and-white interior art by Barbara Cantini throughout.

Everyone seems to want a piece of Ivy Pocket. Her adoptive parents keep trying to get her to
Sandra Guerfi
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second installment in a trilogy and yes, they do need to be read in order and are worth the wait!

Krisp makes me think of a blend of Lemony Snickett and Edward Gorey. He has a wonderful turn with phrases and his quick paced wit conjure up adventures that would thrill the bravest of hearts. His Ivy is a mad dash mixture of what I imagine Amelia Bedelia would be if she was written for an older audience as a young girl. She is charmingly irreverent, brave, and whimsical and will delight
Just Commonly
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ivy Pocket as a character is just plain hilarious!!! Her overly deluded sense of self-importance and skills, as well as her overactive imagination makes her stories unmistakably fun. We meet Ivy Pocket, a 12 year old maid first in Anyone But Ivy Pocket, and you'll just love her sense of courage and the gift of not seeing the bad in anyone. I guess in modern terms, you can call her naive, since she just doesn't get any of the jabs or sarcasms thrown her way. Even when others have treated her badl ...more
Mandy Kirkendall
This series is my favorite thing I've discovered in 2016. And this was also the year I discovered chocolate chip cookie dough Oreos, which are the greatest food ever created, so... I'm just sayin'. This series is pretty damn amazing.
Vincent Ripley
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another quirky instalment of Ivy Pocket, fantastic read.......
Grace
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ivy Pocket was the levity I needed during the time of year that I read this series. This book and this series is goofy and light hearted and will put you in a good mood. I love the gothic victorian feel of the illustrations. Sweet story with very lovable characters.
Linda K.
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We love Ivy Pocket! - one little crazy, funny and courageous girl. We can't wait now when the 3rd book will be translated and published in Latvian. These books are like fresh air in children's literature.
Morgan
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: age 8 to adult
Recommended to Morgan by: Newspaper
Shelves: funny, childrens
I read 'Anyone but Ivy Pocket' and enjoyed it so I decided to read the next one. I enjoyed a lot. I really like how it has multiple genres, like humour and mystery. I also like Caleb Krisp's writing style. I will definitely read the third one.
Rebekah
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Book 2 of the series keeps you in as much suspense as the first one. I did find one part of the book that affects the rest of the plot confusing at first. It is why I didn't give the book a perfect rating liked I did for the first book. Still enjoyable and I can't wait to read the final book!
Makenzie
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most entertaining, imaginative and surprising series for kids (and adults) that I have ever read. If you like to read to your children, even little ones would enjoy it (maybe age 5 and up). This is the second in the series. Just as fun as the first. Don’t miss this series!!
Diana
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a great book. I love it!
Becky
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I love this series. Can't wait to get the 3rd in the series. Characterization is just flat out brilliant, and I love the narrative voice.
Anna - Boktycke
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
Ivy is so annoying and utterly hilarious. Love the illustrations!

Review to come.
Pam
Ivy's story continues with more misadventures. Her new family isn't all that welcoming and she manages to create more chaos as she goes.
CJ
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It just keeps getting better!
Cecilia Rodriguez
Having narrowly escaped her last adventure, Ivy Pocket
finds herself in London living with Ezra Snagsby and his wife.
Ivy's personality reminds me of: Wednesday Adams, of the Adams Family.
Katherine
What a hoot to read, Ivy once again shows us all how to get along in life being ever present! She makes me laugh just thinking about her.
I read this a couple of months ago, and don't remember all the details, but do remember there were parts that put me off and I thought about not finishing the read. Perhaps when Ivy was being a little too0 clueless to the evil/bad people around her.
Pop Bop
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
A Delusional, Dense and Snarky Heroine You Have to Love

There is, of course, a grand tradition of naive and oblivious heroines stumbling through adventures. There is a similar line of heroines who are snarky, independent and acerbic. Ivy combines these two traditions and gives us a complex train wreck of a character who has no redeeming qualities, except that sometimes she does.

Maybe the appeal lies in the fact that Ivy is loyal to those who deserve loyalty, friendly to those who need a friend,
Rosemary
Ivy Pocket, the resourceful, sarcastic 12 year-old from Anyone But Ivy Pocket, is back for her second adventure. This time, she's the adopted daughter of two economical coffin makers, and she's still searching for the evil Miss Always, who's still on the loose. She's got the Clock Diamond, a gem with mysterious powers, and she's trying to figure out how to use it to bring her dear friend Rebecca back from... wherever it is Rebecca's gone. Plus, she's found herself in the middle of a mystery, as ...more
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a copy of this title from Bloomsbury Australia for review.

Ten Second Synopsis:
Ivy Pocket is working for a pair of unsightly undertakers, reading poems for the about-to-be-deceased to ease them on their way. When Ivy's necklace shows her images of Rebecca (the supposedly dead), Ivy must try and puzzle out a way into a whole new world and stage a rescue.

I will admit to finding this book considerably more tolerable than the first in the series. I will even admit to letting out a few guff
Diane Close
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
The second entry in the Ivy Pocket series features more plot development and less action. The character of Ivy is fleshed out nicely, and we get to see her interact with a wider variety of people. She's still just as brash and imaginative as in the first book, but there are fewer opportunities here to showcase it. The scenes that do feature her at her most creative are still very funny and very well done. Her stunt with the frog left me chuckling for days.

The book ends on a cliffhanger, as is tr
Alistair
The second book in the Ivy Pocket trilogy does not disappoint. Now ensconced as the "beloved " daughter of economic funeral directors, the awful Snagbys, Ivy still has in her possession the Clock Diamond. Everyone around her seems suspicious with dubious motives, although Miss Carnage, the librarian, goes out of her way to befriend Ivy. (The author has wonderful fun with libraries and librarians). Most of the cast from the first book reappear; the devious Duchess of Trinity, the poisonous Matild ...more

• The Secret Destiny of Pixie Piper (Pixie Piper #1)
  • The Screaming Statue (The Curiosity House, #2)
  • A Box of Gargoyles (Maya and Valko #2)
  • Key to Kashdune (Athenite, #2)
  • Making the Team (Case File 13, #2)
  • The Secret of the Rose
  • Box 1571
  • Poison Pen (Nancy Drew Files, #60)
  • The Devil's Kitchen (Crown Phoenix, #2)
  • Alistair Grim's Odd Aquaticum (Odditorium, #2)
  • The Buttersmiths' Gold (Evertaster, #2)
  • I Kissed a Ghost
  • Lily the Unicorn
  • Darcy Burdock
  • The Color of Bones
  • Keys To The Sun
  • The Templeton Twins Make a Scene (Templeton Twins, #2)
  • The Last Enchanter  (Celestine Chronicles #2)

Ivy Pocket (3 books)
  • Anyone But Ivy Pocket
  • Bring Me the Head of Ivy Pocket (Ivy Pocket, #3)