Start by marking “Her Rogue Russian (Karev Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Rogue Russian (Karev Brothers, #2)

Her Rogue Russian (Karev Brothers #2)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  136 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Former Russian mobster Maxim Karev is a man with something to prove. His father’s been murdered and even his own brother thinks he’s guilty. To clear his name, Maxim has to return to the organization he left behind. He likes to work alone, but this time an FBI agent leaves him little choice—either she goes in undercover with him, or Maxim can rot in jail. One thing’s for s ...more
Published January 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Her Rogue Russian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Rogue Russian

Hollis
"You have a lot of experience holding pencil-thin shafts in your hand, huh? Maybe alone in your bedroom at home?" I'm not enjoying this, she reminded herself, even as she tallied another mark on her side of the mental scoreboard. And if my skin feels hot where he's touching me, it's an allergic reaction to his bullshit. Or the lead in the paint. But probably his bullshit.

Two things about HER ROGUE RUSSIAN surprised me. The first being this is the second in the Karev Brothers series and I had not
Brandi
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Her Rogue Russian is the second book in the Karev Brothers series. I have not read the first book, but I do not think that distracts from the story. In fact, if I didn't know it was book 2, I wouldn't have realized there was a book before this one.

Maxim Karev. Russian mafia. Killer. Number one suspect in his father's death.

Savannah. FBI. Going undercover to flesh out the real killer in Maxim's father's case.

Who knew going undercover could be so hot and steamy?

The chemistry can be felt, the s
Marla Josephs
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 of this series and also my second by Leslie North. It's a short, easy listen, just over 3 hours. I actually enjoyed this one more than the first. The interaction between the characters was fun.

D.C. Cole does a wonderful narration, as always. And, I really enjoyed his Russian accent. He's so good at selling the rocker persona. Who knew he could be a mob boss too? Enjoyable. Looking forward to the next book.
Faith89
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
copy received courtesy of netgalley
quick read
I was looking for more from Maxim's story it was probably too short to do justice to Maxim. Maxim is an ex enforcer for the mob. The story is He got out but he was dragged back into the life. He teams up with FBI agent Savannah to help find the person responsible for his father's murder. Yes, they fall in love, but you have to continue to the next book to find the murderer.
A Klue
Isha Coleman
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
He got out for his sanity. Will he go back to clear his name? Max is a good man. It may be hard to tell but behind the shady mafia background lies a man who wants to be a better man. A murdered father and a target on your back is no way to atone for said sins. In a world where one wrong move can be your last, Max is quickly running out of options. Enter Savannah, a woman with a plan. She needs answers, Max wants to clear his name and this partnership could be their undoing. If they don't end up ...more
Noma
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it

RATING:

In book 2 of the Karev brothers, the search for Sergey’ s murder continues.

Read my review for Her Ruthless: Karev Brothers 1

The Blood Diamond Task Force believes that the people responsible for Sergey’s murder are linked to the smuggling operation they have been tracking. They need an agent who can blend in with them and can operate on their level. Enter Maxim, former mafia member and one of three of Sergey’s sons. A perfect candidate to be the super spy.

Maxim is to go back into his old
Ishabelle
Safety Level: Safe
Cliffhanger: Yes
Ending: HFN

I was very excited for this book because Maxim was painted out to be the black sheep. He's one of Vlad's suspects for their father's death. He's the one who left the "family" and made his own way by working at a motorcycle shop. Unfortunately, I have to honestly say that this book fell short of my expectations.

I was really thinking this was going to be a good redemption story. I was expecting that Maxim was going to uncover significant facts that will
Angela
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Angela by: Netgalley
3.5 Stars

I was excited when I got this book to review since I had just finished the first book in the series. I was expecting Max to be some drunkard considering the couple times he was mentioned in Her Ruthless Russian (Book 1) he was drunk. I think him being a ex-mafia enforcer was a great background, but from everything I've ever understood about the mafia is that there is no leaving the family. But I can get behind that he got out and got a life. Savannah was a little bad ass! I didn't mind
Claire
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book makes the Russian mafia seem like it's crawling in hot men, of course the crime aspect still isn't appealing but...

Loved the character dynamic with control passing back and forth between Maxim and Savannah, and the chemistry... hot enough to light a fire. Great supporting cast of characters too although I disliked the implications that the FBI would make Maxim take the fall for something they don't have proof he did. I like to think they're more honest than that.

I haven't read book one
Patty
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Her Rogue Russian is book 2 of the series, and Maxim is brought front and center. He is the suspect for his father's murder but solicited by the FBI for help to find the real culprit. Going undercover was never so sexy! FBI agent Savannah Casillero goes undercover with Maxim as his girlfriend, wreaking havoc with Maxim in both mind and spirit! These two have infinite chemistry and see all kinds of action and trouble. Leslie North has a way of writing to include action packed suspense with hot ro ...more
Geraldine
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is absolutely not a standalone but the second book in a series of three. If you are after a heavy Mob/Mafia book then this isn't the one for you. This book focuses more on the romance between our main characters with the mystery of who killed Maxim's father bubbling in the background. Our main couple are fantastic, sparking off of one another and the chemistry is off the charts. Not much got resolved in this installment and I am so looking forward to the next and last book to answer the que ...more
Ruby McDemon
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed listening to D. C. Cole read this story. His wonderful raspy voice sounded perfect for this story. I've never read or listened to any other books in this series, but it was fairly easy to pick up what was going on and still enjoy the story. Maxim and Savannah's relationship may be a bit unconventional, but that makes it even better. I love it when women dominate in a male driven world and it's even better when she tames the big bad ex-mafia man. All around this was a great enjoyable re ...more
Sam
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fast paced, addictive and thrilling second instalment of Leslie North's Krav Brothers series!! I love the way Ms. North jam packs so much action and sexy time into her stories! I loved the mystery of who killed Maxim's dad and the palpable chemistry between Maxim and Savannah.

DC Cole delivers a STELLAR performance in this book! He is amazing with his range of voices and accents! I can't wait for the next book in this series!
Signi Siemens
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recieved an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Playing catch up with these absolutely awesome series that Leslie North writes!! Book 2-Her Rogue Russian was a really great read! I love how Savannah takes a chance/stance in publicly showing that she's in a relationship with Maxim, & Maxim confesses that he loves her!! An awesome HEA despite the odds!!
Atinuke
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book as an ARC from Netgalley and the author for my honest review. This installment of this series was slightly more interesting than the first. There were times the writing was brilliant and other times it felt rushed and cliched.
Leeann Pule
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finding the truth

This second book was better than the first. Maxim and Savannah have such an intense chemistry. The overall storyline is taking a slow confusing path but I am enjoying the series more now.
Deborah
This is the first of the series I've read. I liked this book and don't feel the need to go back and listen to the first. I feel comfortable continuing the series from this point.
Mar
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it

good start. messy middle. not bad but too rush ending.
Lylian Aguiar
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing hot story, full of chemistry! Max and Samantha are a blend of alpha male - alpha female. Loved it
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm glad I read book 1 first because it give you more back story on the Karev brothers. Yes, you can read this book as a standalone but I think it will make more sense if you read them in order.
Dawn
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Funny how Maxim never spent time behind bars when he did commit a crime and now is behind bar when he didn't. Even funnier is the fact the he is going to have to go under cover with an FBI agent to go back into the mob family he left. But. When Savannah comes to get him from jail that's exactly what he's going to do to try to find the killer of his father. The fact that the both believe that they will be the one leading this is another lesson they will share.

When it becomes very clear that each
ReneeB
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is book 2 of the Karev brothers. Maxim Karev is trying to find out who killed his father. No longer part of the Russian mob, he's willing to be pulled back in to find his father's killer.

Savannah Casillero is an FBI agent who's also trying to catch Maxim's father's killer. She's also trying to see who's smuggling jewels into the country illegally.

Can these two work together and fight their attraction?

I enjoyed this second book in the series. It was a quick read and I'm looking forward to t
Adriana
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Maxim Karev is screwed. Even though he managed to leave his past as a Russian mobster behind, the FBI is setting him up. He can either go back to being a mobster and take the beautiful agent Savannah Casillero with him, or he can rot in jail for whatever the agency can come up with. Savannah is on a mission to find Sergey Karev's killer. She knows Max didn’t do it. She even knows he wants to find the killer just as bad as she does. But she will lock him up if he is willing to help her accomplish ...more
Michelle
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Maxim Karvez has cut ties to his mafia life or at least he thinks so until he is dragged back into it by FBI agent Savannah Casillero to help solve the murder of Sergey Karev, Maxim's father. He wants to clear his name and get back to his life but everything isn't so clean and cut when dealing with the Russian mob.

This box was so much fun, flirty, sexy as hell and I absolutely love Max and Savannah. Their sexual tension steams up the room! There is also suspense and the ending is action packed.
Louise
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
‘Her Rogue Russian’ by Leslie North is the second in her Karev Brothers series and although it can be read as a standalone I do feel I maybe missed something by not having read the first book. This is 3.5 stars.

It is a very quick read and a great introduction into mafia books if you haven’t read many but it had a major downside in that it although it has an ending there is a thread that runs through the three boos in this series and if you want to find out who the murderer is then you need to re
Mudpie
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I like Maxim and Savannah very much, as well as Rebecca and Travis. However Maxim and Savannah don't seem to spend too much time together at all and this book rushed through very much.

The end came very abruptly and how Maxim confessed his feelings really came from out of nowhere. Maybe it's because the FBI were coming for him and he had no idea if he's getting out of jail that prompted him to declare his love?

We are no closer to solving Sergey's murder but we definitely know the mafia is defini
Speed
*****ARC provided thru Netgalley by City Owl Press in exchange for an honest review*****
I read this book without reading the first in this series Her Ruthless Russian. The story can be read as a stand-alone, though it does involve the Karev brothers and solving the murder of their father, Sergey. In this story, we have Maxim, who is a suspect in his father's death, especially after they had a heated argument and then he later dies. FBI agent Savannah Casillero is on the case to find out who mur
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
4 Star Read:
Among some of my favorites. Outstanding literary work. The characters are well developed, interesting. The liked characters are likable and the hated are unlikable. The writing is captivating enough to keep you interested until the end and leave you wanting more. It has a fairly original or uniquely well-developed plot. The pretense and romance were well balanced and done with properly distributed amounts of hints, behaviors, and chemistry. Not so much predictable if at all. Overall
Courtney
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A former head of Security for the Russian mob, that is his family, and an FBI agent are some very unlikely romance partners in the latest from Leslie North. Maxim Karev walked away from his family and the Russian mob and never had any plans on going back, but with the murder of his father and people pointing the finger at him for the murder when he gets the unlikely chance to help the FBI. Savannah is an FBI agent who is tasked with working with Maxim to get back into the mob and help find out w ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New reader? My readers suggest starting with 'The CEO's Pregnant Lover' (http://amzn.to/19hLOL6)

Or spend a wonderful weekend with SIX full-length, highly rated Leslie North novellas for FREE! Sign up for free books here: http://leslienorthbooks.com/sign-up-f...

Leslie North is the pen name for a critically-acclaimed author of women's contemporary romance and fiction. The anonymity gives her the per
More about Leslie North

Karev Brothers (3 books)
  • Her Ruthless Russian (Karev Brothers, #1)
  • Her Relentless Russian (Karev Brothers, #3)