Start by marking “Rise of Memphis Volume One” as Want to Read:
Rise of Memphis Volume One

Rise of Memphis Volume One

(Stilettos and Secrets #1)

Meet Jane Nichols - smart, savvy and single.

Her management job in a beach side hotel leaves her no time for love, let alone romance. So one crazy New Year's Eve she takes matters into her own hands by slipping on a sexy disguise and naming herself Memphis. Life suddenly becomes interesting.

Not everything goes to plan though, and her secret adventures in her sexy costume
Published (first published March 6th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Rise of Memphis Volume One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise of Memphis Volume One

Start your review of Rise of Memphis Volume One
Michaelene
All of us know how to put on a fake smile; its the genuine ones thatre hard to come by.

Kitty Kendall's Rise of Memphis Touch Me are the sexy chronicles of one Miss Jane Nichols, night manager at the Hot Horizon Hotel in Australia. When an old crush walks into her hotel on New Years, Jane gets an idea. She wants to let go and have a passionate encounter, something worth putting in her new journal. It leads Jane to letting out her alter ego of sorts, Memphis, a take-charge woman who goes after the
Coco.V
Mar 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/6/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Dress in a sexy disguise. Tick.

Meet smoking hot guys. Tick.

Dont get caught. Oh crap!

Now that Ive moved a thousand miles away from my cheating bastard ex-fiancé, I can finally focus on the important things in my life. . . my stunning stiletto collection, fun times with my best friend, and dressing in a sexy disguise so I can meet guys.

Ummm, what? Yep thats me. Crazy woman! You see, it was a dare. And it started because of my fear of dating. But the
J Ross
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for a review."This is the perfect "self help" book for women everywhere. If you ever wanted to take a quick road trip to your wild side, this book will totally take you there. From the wall flower that is in most of us to the naughty girl that we want bring out in us, this is the ultimate in step by steamy erotic step to how it's done. Can't wait to read the rest. Kudos to K.Kendall for writing for the every day woman. 10/2/2016
Angela
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Rise of Memphis is a sexy, fun read that chronicles the adventures of Jane (aka- Memphis). This original, witty, and funny series by Kitty Kendall has been so much fun to explore- again. I had originally read the series a couple of years ago, and was looking through my books for something quick and easy to read between heavier novels, and these books caught my eye- I knew right away that they would be the perfect palate cleanser.
The series has so much going on, in a good way. Ms. Kendall
Michaelene
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Joyce Black
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quirky Unique Fun Story

This was a pleasurable book to read. I found that through the main female character expanding her horizons and opening herself up to new experiences, she kept learning more about people and the more she learned, the more she matured. It is too bad that in order to open herself up more, she camouflaged her regular self. It will be interesting to see if she can integrate these two sides of herself. Interesting times.
Linda
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
🌴Wow! The night manager delivers room service they won't easily forget!🔥🔥
June 16, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition
🔥🔥Very steamy odyssey of a woman done wrong who executes a plan to take back her power and sexual mojo through anonymous adventures with men she meets courtesy of her night manager job in a beachside hotel on Australia's Gold Coast. Her escapades vary a bit with each man but, I must admit, there's a lot of repetition. I found her social life with bestie Lola just as interesting. But make
Linda
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
🌴Wow! The night manager delivers room service they won't easily forget!🔥🔥
June 16, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition
Babel
I couldn't imagine how good this was going to be!

The premise is bold and it pays off because it also tells a good story with a fleshed-out and relatable main character.

It deals with the awakening, both physical and mental, of a woman who's been deprived of inner freedom for too long. As a night manager at a beach hotel, Jane feels plain, lonely and invisible. Yet one night, she dares to take her needs into a reality and bend fate to her will. I couldn't believe my eyes when she dressed up and
Sue
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author has graciously bundled the first three books in this serial in a package! This is a story of Jane/Memphis. No, they are not two separate people. Jane is a hotel night manager who has been unlucky with love. She lacks confidence AND a sex life. She takes a chance one night and uses her key card to proposition a childhood friend while in disguise. She'll find her pleasure while he watches. The experience is so satisfying, she continues the routine with different hotel guests. Each month ...more
Jenny Dauksa Schaber
Jane is stuck in a rut, doesn't have time to date and hasn't been with a man in @3 years. On a whim, she decides to create an alter ego, Memphis, to do things that she never thought herself willing to do. As Memphis, she's bold and sneaks into men's hotel rooms for her own personal enjoyment. When she admits her clandestine actions to Lolly, her BFF, she suggests to Jane that she should do it for a year. As the months progress, Jane learns more about herself and is slowly becoming a stronger and ...more
Magali
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great arousing story of Jane, a night manager in a hotel. She feels invisible, and then, she discovers her sexuality from masturbating (at first) in front of customers of the hotel she works in, in their bedroom (she changes her name from Jane to Memphis when she meets them). They have to not be married, and to have a great smile. Encounter after encounter, she more and more confident, and she starts to forget how men used her before, how useless ex boyfriends were.
I loved the way Jane changes
Magali
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the way Jane changes
Dutch_Girl
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Years ago, because of her cheating fiance, Jane left her hometown and ended up as a night manager at a hotel on the Gold Coast.

After 3 years of quiet life, Jane puts on her naughty shoes at the beginning of the new year (literally dressed as the sensual Memphis) and experiences a sexual experience with one of her hotel guests leading to a year full of discoveries .

This book often had me smile, I loved it! An ideal book for a holiday or a cozy evening on the couch with a glass of wine. The erotic
Carrie K-Ski
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exquisite adventure...the Memphis Chronicles are a must read for every woman who's feels as Jane did...Invisible.

A journey of a woman deciding to change her mundane life at the start of a new year...finding herself through stepping out of her comfort zone; even if it's in disguise, giving her the boost she needs, giving herself permission to enjoy a new sexual experience each week and gaining the satisfaction she craves. In a word. Extraordinary!

Touch Me is January through March...where
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
What a great read! I am new to this author and I am so so glad I was introduced to her. Who knew the wintery months could be so hot and so much fun!

With great characters, an excellent pace and a wonderful story overall, these books are not to be missed, if you are looking for something a little romantic and steamy.

I highly recommend grabbing a copy for yourself, as a wee treat, and really diving in and enjoying yourself and the wonderful characters Kendall has created.

**I received this book for
Lynda
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, erotic
Rise of Memphis Touch Me was a three book set, each containing five chapters and set in Australia. Twenty-eight-year-old Jane Nichols fulfilled her sexual fantasies in her disguise as Memphis. With each selective encounter, her confidence, imagination and power increased. I liked the alter ego premise of the book, promoting the ability to explore ones inner self with a shielding persona. An erotic afternoon read with interesting revelations.

My review was based on the free kindle download.
Carol Hall
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Escapades on the Australian Gold Coast

I found this author/book after the serial was finished. First, I love the concept, the writing, characters. As an American reader, there is some jargon difference to learn and writing a serial is a little different than a series. There is some repetition to remind the reader of the story/characters, but that being said (I don't repeat blurbs), the sexual exploits of Jane's alter ego, Memphis, are HOT, well thought out, and just plain fun. I've already read
Janica Gómez Verea
I thought it a fantastic read and couldn't put the book down. I read it in around maybe three hours...
Never thought I'd find a book so erotically entertaining as this one. To see the changes in her when she starts out with Memphis, down to March...Wow, that was a great change in her starting with her personality, she could barely see people in the eyes...Her change is so great....I wonder why I never considered adopting a change like that, it's a huge turn on!!
Rosemary Hughes
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book will NOT appeal to anyone who is sexually inhabited, as it has an alter ego acting out sexual fantasies, where the young woman concerned is sexually depressing in her normal identity.
Set in Surfer's Paradise, it gives an Aussie slant on the story background.
This book shows how woman who don't experiment with different sexual partners, don't realize that there are a zillion ways of enjoying a sexual contact, without the act being consummated.
Jasmaine
Ehh these 3 books were ok. I didn't like how she always went back and mentioned her 3 previous lovers after she had an encounter with someone new. I just wanted to scream, "We get it they were sh*t in bed, you don't have to keep telling us! " besides that I guess the story line was meh. Probably won't be reading the next books. But hey someone else may feel differently about this series. So don't go off my review on if you want to read this series. Take the chance you may like it.
Sherry Westendorf
A woman who does not know herself or what to do with herself. She wants sex and also to discover herself and to do that has to enter into another character so she can live with herself while discovering. It takes us down her adventure with her to see how and why? I recommend it. I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Kim
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this in exchange for my honest review. I loved this collection so much and can't wait to get the April Chronicles to further read about Memphis and see what are her next adventures to life. Kitty Kendall has done some really great work with this Volume. What will plain Jane go through now?
Briseis
Meh. Somewhat monotonous and creepy. Parts are good, but I just can't get into a protagonist that abuses her position and breaks the law by using her master key to enter random strangers hotel rooms.

If the protagonist was male, and doing the same to women, he'd be arrested and considered a stalker.
mrs sarah frost
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arc reader

Plain Jane's journey starts when she becomes her alter ego Memphis! Working nights at the reception of a hotel she carefully selects a man for Memphis to visit and wow does she visit! After each visit she makes a diary entry. She has a great confidant in Lolita who it's funny but honest with her!
Melanie S
Memphis and her men rise to a challenge:

Just Plain Jane lives a life mundane.
But when she morphs into Memphis,
She's sexy and bold; and the men, young and old
Have a rockin' hot time with this temptress!
John
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply a fantastically sexy read. Enjoyed Kitty's writing style. So enjoyable and easy to read. First book that covers three months, can't e to read the other 9 months and 36 weekly sexual encounters of Memphis. This is a voluntary review of an Advanced Readers Copy of this book.
Karen
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found Rise of Memphis to be an outstanding serial novel. With steamy sex, humour and well written story I found it to have a little dash of everything. Very engaging and I look forward to the next instalments. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest revi
Ronda Thayer
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kitty Kendall has sexy down to a science!
Hot with some dirty on the side. Jane has a very naughty side to her. As you get into this series you'll see Jane start to come into her own sexuality. I really recommend this series and this author!
Beverly Kee
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! A funny, hot, and exciting storyline!

This one is funny as well as full of hot action, loved the entire storyline! Got to read the next one just to find out if she makes it a whole year!

• Taking It Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #2)
Kitty Kendall is a bucket list achieving, junk jewelry collecting, hopeless romantic who loves great wine and a good adrenaline rush from time to time. She also collects classy shoes and expensive perfume. However, her greatest thrill in life is writing romance and the steamier the better. Bring It On!

Kitty writes under two pen names and has won numerous awards. Several of her books are Amazon

Stilettos and Secrets (4 books)
  • Tempt Me (Stilettos and Secrets, #2)
  • Tease Me (Stilettos and Secrets, #3)
  • Tame Me (Stilettos and Secrets, #4)

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...