Start by marking “My Zombie Boyfriend (The Undead Canadian, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Zombie Boyfriend (The Undead Canadian, #1)

My Zombie Boyfriend

(The Undead Canadian #1)

Edward Grey is a medical student by day, necromancer by night. He lives alone with the first zombie he ever raised, his childhood cat, Boo. Edward’s life is simple: studying medicine, training his necromantic powers with his mentor, Mariel, and having weekly dinners with his parents. When he finds a very attractive corpse in a park and brings it home to reanimate, he creat ...more
Published January 9th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services (first published April 14th 2015)

☆ Todd
Okay, after a recent string of zombie-related reads, I think I've finally gotten it out of my system.

This book was not your typical zombie tale, in that zombies are generally mindless flesh-eating machines and our undead hero this time around loved shopping WAY more than brains.

The story begins as Edward, an early-20's medical student, is walking by a park across the street from his house and happens upon the lifeless body of an extremely attractive young man. A young man covered in his own blo
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombie

3.5 Stars

I am a zombie girl. Any and all kinds of the walking-moaning dead can make me smile and swoon in horror movie awe. From chills to giggles! My zombies can be gooey, vicious, funny AND adorable. Hey! Zombies can be adorable! :D Kit and Edward are cute as can be together.

We jump right into this tale on a dark, Halloween-ish night as Edward, our awkward medical student/necromancer, stumbles across a body in the park. A dead body! Perfect! He drags the corpse home to his basement and brings
Leigh
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I went in expecting this book to be one thing and it turned out to be completely different. And it was great right from the start.

Edward is walking along and comes across a recently dead young man. His necromancy gives him the itchy palms and he feels the need to bring back the young man as a zombie. Right from the start “Kit” is different. For one thing he can talk and think perfectly well for himself. The only problem is that he has no memory of who he was before he died. But that works out f
Kristen Burns

Full Review:
*I received a free ecopy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

So a college student is walking home one night when he stumbles upon a beautiful dead guy. Since he just so happens to be a necromancer, he reanimates the guy and ultimately ends up living with his very own fashion-obsessed, house-redecorating, charismatic zombie.

As you can probably tell, this isn’t a book to be taken too seriously. But it’s light and fun and great for when you need a
| Maiko-chan |
4.5stars
Kit answered what he could and elegantly shrugged off the questions he couldn't-or wouldn't-answer.
"Do you get erections?" This from my dad.
"Yeah, sometimes. But mostly at really weird moments, not when anything sexy is going on."
Both my parents looked at me, to make sure I had heard that the gorgeous young zombie I had introduced them to could, in fact, get erections. Who could ask for a better boyfriend qualification than that?
Toni FGMAMTC
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombie, comedy, horror, m-m
This story took me totally by surprise. Something about it piqued my interest so I wanted to give it a shot. Of course, I hoped to enjoy it, but I had no idea how much I would love it. My Zombie Boyfriend is so different from most of what I read. It's the perfect mix of muted comedy/horror.

I've read a lot of zombie books, but none have ever given this same spin. The undead character is just as normal as the rest of us weird humans, so identifiable. In most zombie books, these creatures are soul
Lisa
I was given a copy of this book free by the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

I am not normally a zombie lover but judging by the cover I took a guess that this might not be your typical zombie book and I was right.
Edward is out when night when he comes across a dead body. He takes it home and then brings him back to life. Edward calls his new zombie Kit.
What follows is the story of Kit trying to learn to live with being a zombie. There is humor here. Apart from the final 20% or so where
V
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story wasn't the typical Zombies books that I've read in the past. You can't compare it to The Walking Dead that's for sure.
Some parts were funny, the plot was unlike any others, it has a little tiny gore that it wasn't bad.
The awful part of this story was the romance, I never saw a real connection between the 2 MC.....and don't let me start about the sex scenes, those were so lame and passionless one of the worst I've ever read, and trust me, I've read thousands.
The romance part of the sto
Stephen
I'm a sucker for boy meets boy stories and it's even better when one of them is a bit of a nerd. My Zombie Boyfriend has all that and more.

I'm not a big zombie fan and it took me a while to warm up to the idea of a stone cold lover but after a while Kit' s personality warmed me to him. Edward seemed somewhat strange to me but then a necromancer should be a bit strange.

In many ways the story was a lot more domestic than I expected but when the critical moment came, Kit really "got his zombie on.
JoAnn
For now I am going to mark DNF @ 47%.

So at the start of this I really thought it was going to be something twisted, funny and all around special. At first Edward kind of reminded of Joe from Caroline Kepnes’ “You”, kind of morbidly twisted and adorable. We meet Edward, a necromancer, in the beginning finding a dead body in park. This body evidently calls to him in a way that makes him want to claim it as his own, he then goes on this short and twisted adventure of trial and error trying to get
Veronica of V's Reads
My original review was written for Joyfully Jay reviews and can be accessed here.

Edward Grey is a Canadian medical student who is also a necromancer. He has known his ability to reanimate the dead for most of his life, since he raised his cat Boo. Over the years, he has learned a lot about caring for zombies and is mentored by a vudou woman, Mariel, who also can raise the dead.

Walking through the park one evening, Edward encounters a recently killed young man. It seems the man was a victim of
M.A.
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, first off, I haven’t read a lot of zombie books, but I hosted this Pride Promotions tour because the cover and the blurb caught my attention. It’s not that I don’t like zombies, lol, it’s just most of them are not exactly what I’d call romantic.

Well, this book is different. There *is* a romance, there *is* humor, and there *is* an interesting plot line. And how many times do you feel sorry for the zombie? Usually you’re too grossed out by them to feel anything but just… grossness, lol.

Bu
Joyfully Jay
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I liked this story, but it was a little long on Edward mooning. The pace was slower than I generally prefer, occasionally dragging and with a lot of angst on Edward’s part. He’s afraid of Kit, afraid Kit will turn on him, afraid Kit will leave him, and afraid Kit will lose control and go “Zombie eat brains!!!” But, most of all, Edward is afraid to confess his attraction and have suave, stylish, zombie Kit reject him.

The last third of the book introduces the vengeanc
Trix
Oct 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My God! Why did I waste 3 days torturing myself to finish this?

There was nothing in the book. Words put together and that's it.

(view spoiler)
Arch Bala
I absolutely adore this quirky romance between a fashionista zombie and a medical student necromancer! I initially thought I was going to get some sort of variations of “Warm Bodies” but I was rather surprise of its cliché but very much endearing storytelling!

I just loved Edward (the necromancer) and his adorable necromancer ways! I was glad that his character isn’t over the top. I loved it even more that despite his quirks, he’s still very much normal in comparison to similar characters in othe
Kristin Dutt
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bought from another vendor......Have to say I have a new love of rubber duckies! This was an absolute great funny M/M that I have ever read. Props to how original it is!

If you looking for some lovey sap story this sure isn't it lol.

The characters are just simply awesome. Edward the oddball, Kit the poor zombie looking for the perfect cut to the zombie cat Boo. Just freaking awesome and the other sub characters were just as unique to make this a great fun light read.

Have to say the cover is just
Ng
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-2018-uc
3.5 star.

Really unusual zombie story.

It is cute, humorous story for most part. The last bit is serious and the resolution is great.
Stacey Jo
I was given a free copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

Edward Grey is a medical student and necromancer. He lives with his cat Boo, who is a zombie he brought back from the dead. When he comes across a gorgeous blond guy in the park, rather than call the police, he brings him home and brings him back to life, naming him Kit. This zombie is unusual though (view spoiler). There is qu
Gay Media Review
Blog Post: http://gaymediareviews.weebly.com/blo...

Edward Grey is a medical student and lives with the first zombie he has ever raised, his cat Boo. Edwards life is simple, well to him its simple, studying medicine, working on his necromantic powers and the weekly dinners with his family. Edward stumbles across a hot but dead corpse in the park and he is so taken with his beauty that he has to do something for the poor guy.

Kit was murdered and left to die in a park and then Edward comes across
Osale
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A free copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I read the blurb from this book and was intrigued, then I saw the cover and just had to read it. As you may guess this is not a "serious" zombie story, there's not a zombie apocalipse going on and Kit is not a mindless, rotting corpse walking the streets loking for brains. No, he's a gorgeous undead guy who loves to go shopping, baking, has an unusual diet and no idea of who he was before he died.

The story is mainly told fro
Inked Reads
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
FiveStars
I've been a fan of T. Strange since the first story I picked up, so I was thrilled to see this novel. This gem of a book definitely lives up to its promise of humor, light romance, and a bit of creepy fun. I was hooked from page one.
I'm a sucker for quirky characters, and Edward, the narrator, is definitely an oddball. Each of the people we meet are equal parts weird and loveable. I alternated between creeped out, frustrated, and madly in love with all of them by the end of the story.

Si
A.M. Leibowitz

I’ve been a fan of T. Strange since the first story I picked up, so I was thrilled to see this novel. This gem of a book definitely lives up to its promise of humor, light romance, and a bit of creepy fun. I was hooked from page one.

I’m a sucker for quirky characters, and Edward, the narrator, is definitely an oddball. Each of the people we meet are equal parts weird and loveable. I alternated between creeped out, frustrated, and madly in love with all of them by the end of the story.

Since I’m a
Amanda
3.5 Stars

This is an entertaining and outrageous story. I have a few issues with it, but it kept me engaged and even laughing out loud at a few points.

The characters are fun and well developed, for the most part. But through the first half of the book Edward displayed some character flaws that I never totally got over. Also, even though this is set in a world where necromancers and zombies are real, there were a few mundane things that struck me as unbelievable and lessened my enjoyment somewhat
Molly Lolly
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four and a half stars!
This story is so fun. I truly enjoyed seeing how Kit and Edward interacted with each other when Kit first woke up. Then how hey danced around each other and fell into a relationship without really talking about it. My heart broke for Kit when he finally remembered everything. No one should have to go through all of that, but for it to basically hit him like it did. Wow. I loved how Mariel was a little bit intriguing, a lot crazy, and the right
Jordan
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***I was fortunate enough to beta read this book :)

My Zombie Boyfriend is an unexpected love story. It’s hard to imagine zombies as sexy or compassionate but T. Strange takes zombies and makes them so full of life you forget they’re undead ;)

Daniel Mitton
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
(Originally reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews.)

I wasn’t sure what to expect from this one. I’m not usually a zombie story reader, but I was drawn in by the line, ‘sassy, free-willed zombie who believes Edward murdered him’. I liked the story.

In the book we’re introduced to Edward Grey, a fairly odd young man who has the ability to raise the dead. His longest living dead experiment is his cat Boo, who he raised from the dead when he was younger. His parents seem to be totally cool with his being a
Ana
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a very entertaining book, I had a good time reading it. I did expect to it to be a little funnier than it actually was but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I liked both main characters, they were fun to read, both very likable. I wouldn’t expect this, since I’m not really a cat person, but one of the things I loved the most about it were the cute cats, they were so sweet. I liked the most the vulnerable moments Kit had, it seemed really frustrating being on his situation.

The plot was nice. I ha
Lindsay
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Weird but fun

This story hits the ground running.
Edward is on the way home and finds a beaten dead body of an attractive man, he brings him home and seeing as he's also a necromancer decides to bring this man back to life. He names his new zombie Kit.
Kit isn't an ordinary lurching zombie he's retained all his personality and he shows it, Edward introduces us to Mariel another necromancer and also his ex Bones who's not quite human.
Edward is a kind and caring man who helps Kit as much as he can to
Mary Mary
"I am cool. Kit's cool. You're Edward"
AMAZING

This book was different than anything I have ever read, it was funny, scary and totally COOL!
I have to admit that at first I was close to marking it as "not for me" because seriously, who finds a dead boy and takes him home? It was a little bit too much for me. After 10% I was happy that I started reading it through.

This story is kind of weird - relationship between a zombie and a young guy? - but it is a good kind of weird. There's everything I
OkayKim
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Guess I'm not into zombies.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Cover Change Request 3 19 Jan 11, 2017 12:10PM
Goodreads Librari...: Book Information Update 3 18 Jan 11, 2017 12:09PM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Changes to Series 5 25 Sep 18, 2015 12:21PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please Add a Series to My Book! 5 24 Sep 13, 2015 09:27PM
  • Half a Million Dead Cannibals
  • Change of Address
  • Dead Man and the Restless Spirits (Dead Man, #1)
  • I Fell in Love with a Zombie
  • Fallen Angel
  • The Poodle Apocalypse
  • Winter Winds
  • Rocky Mountain Refuge
  • Evolution (Evolution, #1)
  • Redemption of the Beast (Outside the City, #3)
  • Stung (Zombie Gentlemen)
  • Adel's Purr (Elements of Love, #1)
  • Dragon's Hoard
  • Would I Lie to You? (The Game Players, #1)
  • The Sky Is Dead
  • Blind Desire
  • Desmond and Garrick Book 1
  • Wild Passions
T. Strange didn't want to learn how to read, but literacy prevailed and she hasn't stopped reading—or writing—since. She's been published since 2013, and she writes M/M romance in multiple genres, including paranormal and BDSM. T.'s other interests include cross stitching, gardening, watching terrible horror movies, playing video games, and finding injured pigeons to rescue. Originally from White ...more

The Undead Canadian (3 books)
  • My Zombie Fiancé (The Undead Canadian, #2)
  • My Zombie Wedding (The Undead Canadian, #3)