Start by marking “Pleasing The Professor (The Professor's Student Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Pleasing The Professor (The Professor's Student Series #1)

Pleasing The Professor

(The Professor's Student Series #1)

Professor Ramsey Kendall knows he has to have American exchange student, Dora Monroe, from the moment he lays eyes on her. Everything about her sends his primal instincts out of control.
Dora Monroe is running away from humiliation and shame. Studying abroad seems to be her only escape from a grim reality.
The moment her eyes meet those of her Professor, she knows their con
Published March 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Pleasing The Professor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasing The Professor

2OCC Reviews
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica
When I read this description I had a feeling I was in for a forbidden ride! I was pretty excited. It has been a while since I have read a student teacher romance and I had a feeling this would hit the spot.

Dora was the quintessential good girl that had a bad rep from her past which lead her to a new place. I really liked her. She was easy going and has such An amazing heart.

Ramsey was a mystery to me. We got small snipets that left us wondering about his past and I can say that my need to know
Sable
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Good Story with Some Sexy Fun!

I do not typically read a lot of romance, and when I do it tends to be paranormal, not contemporary. But I thought this might be interesting because it's not a vanilla romance, and it's not about millionnaires or super spies or beauty queens. It's about a couple of normal people in an odd power dynamic; she's a student, he's the professor.

I have seen some reviews of this book that are highly critical of the male lead, Ramsey. He's been described as "bipolar." He'
Jen
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Based on everyone else's reviews, I thought that maybe I had read a different book than the others. But despite how hard I want to rate this higher, I simply can't. The book started out pretty good, so I had high hopes that this was going to be a great read.

So what exactly did I like? I liked the taboo student/teacher storyline, even liked Dora and Ramsey initially. Ramsey was a pretty dynamic professor to say the least. I certainly never had a professor who regularly cursed at us or told us of
Sharon Jones
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog
This is the first book I have read from this duo, and I absolutely loved it.
With a somewhat taboo storyline of College Professor and Student, this BWWM/BDSM book is extremely well written with two very different main characters that both fall in lust with one another from their first meeting.
What I enjoyed most about this story is the believable characters. Both are very far from perfect, with painful pasts, but are trying to make the best with t
Tania Fitzgerald
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well this is an interesting story, we have a young American woman Dora, going to Oxford England to finish her studies in English Lit, and walks or rather stumbles into Professor Ramsey Kendall's lecture room. The instant connection between them ignites, but it is a coupling that would be frowned upon, Teachers don't fall for students.

Dora has insecurities, and Ramsey has dark secrets, but the chemistry is there and he will initiate her into a whole new world of Submission and Domination.

I found
Tasha Hooks PA
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hooked from the first page to the last page.
Dora and Ramsey totally captured me into their love story.
A student from the states, transfer student, Dora starts school at Oxford as an English Major. She goes to her first class who is taught by Professor Ramsey, a blue eyed sexy man.
Both have the past that haunts and tarnishes their bond. They are trying to keep and a secret love.. Just that... A secret.
I can't go telling all, but I recommend it and can not wait until Book 2 comes out.
Deliaria Davis
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I could not have asked for a funner person to work with on this book than Janae. It was an interesting adventure living in her head while we wrote this. The dynamic of this story is interesting and unique and not to outlandish. I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it!
Ashley
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a sexy read full of BDSM. I found the characters to be interesting. Dora I like her a lot, but Ramsey on the other hand is just ok. He's very wishy washy in how he feels. Definitely doesn't act like a dom.

The love scenes and overall plot are what saves this. But Ramsey really almost threw me. He just doesn't seem to know what he's doing exactly, and doesn't really treat Dora with respect, which isn't how a dom is supposed to act. He does some questionable things in the story. Obviously
Justine L2r
Aug 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bwwm, did-not-finish
BDSM theme. Couldn't be bothered.
Arien/Sloan
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my oh my! You want a fun hot and steamy story? This is the book to read. Pleasure to the extreme. How far would you go for a sexy as sin professor? Take on this story and find out what type of education these two work on.
C.L. Cannon
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A kinky forbidden romance, with a British professor? Yes, please! Get ready to enter the playroom with Dora as she explores what it means to be a sub and learns what it really means to be hot for teacher.
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
****SOME SPOILERS****

This book is based on a taboo relationship between the hot English Professor Ramsey & sweet American exchange student Dora. The pages are packed with sizzling hot sex scenes throughout the book.

Dora's left all her family behind in the USA to escape vile rumours that were being spread about her. Dora's first day at uni she literally falls into her English Lit lesson, takes one look at the Professor and it's not too long before she's falling into his arms and into his bed
Roxs Reads
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I was excited to start this book from the blurb alone. I love a forbidden romance and this had that written all over it. Obviously, student-professor relationships are off limits so I was going to love all the promised sexual tension this type of forbidden romance would give.

I was right, there were many scenes full of innuendos and tension before Dora and her professor, Ramsey, gave in to their desires. The build up for their relationship was intense and I really enjoyed these two as a couple. T
Kathleen R.
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title:Pleasing the Professor
Author:Janae Keyes & Deliaria Davis

4 unexpected stars

I've added teacher/student genre novels into my guilty pleasure list and the author duo behind Pleasing The Professor absolutely held nothing back from their readers. Being the first time I've read a novel from either Janae Keyes or Deliaria Davis, I loved to see how they told the story of Professor Ramsay and exchange student Dora on the run of painful past where studying abroad seems like the only option fo
Katherine
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Warning this book has a cliffhanger, I think that that needs to be said first so please if you hate cliffhangers you have been warned.

The story is a roller-coaster of emotions for both our hero and heroine., but it's a beautifully weaved tale that leaves you begging for book 2 (honestly I've already started the begging process). A forbidden love is never easy but when just a look sends your body into over drive you can't really ignore it.

And Simon, I mean, I want more Simon
Cheryl Johnson
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love it

Great first book. I like the pace, the back stories of both. I can't wait for book 2. I like the Oxford setting. The descriptions of the weather and his house were very vivid.
First time reading this author
Natasha Hooks
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best book ever!!! I can not wait for the next in the series. Totally capturing!!!!
Vanessa
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Pleasing the Professor is not your typical taboo romance about a student and professor. In this book you get a whole range of emotions in one book. You get lust, love, heartache and anger. Dora and Ramsey’s relationship is unlike any other. You feel the love between the characters. You feel as if you are right there with them struggling with their relationship. This book will take you on a roller coaster and spit you out at the end. As much as I would love to say how much I loved this book. Ther ...more
Busy Bees
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Star Rating - ***

Dora is an American student who has transferred to Oxford to complete her final year at Uni with her main subject being English Lit. She certainly gets more than she bargained for when she locks eyes with Ramsey her hot young professor. Ramsey has worked his way up from T. A. To professor and can't wait to get stuck into teaching this year. Until a student literally falls into his classroom who has him questioning his morals as a teacher as he cannot stop thinking about Dora.

The
Michelle
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 5-star-read, arc
This is the story about a forbidden love between a professor and his student. Professor Ramsey Kendall was living a secluded life until he met Dora Monroe. Dora Monroe is an American Exchange student who fled the United States to get away from rumors about her. Even though they know they shouldn't be together they can't seem to stay away from each other. Love and lust have a way of changing things. Can Dora and Ramsey get passed all the obstacles in their way and get their HEA? This book contain ...more
Candice
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
was given this book as a beta reader, it was a great read. a different take on bdsm...Ramsey isn't your typical dominant male lead.. he has his moments where he really makes you mad.. Dora also, but the way janae writes and sets the story up you still enjoy the it. I'm ready for the second copy. definitely add this book to your library and enjoy.
Rebecca Johns
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by these two wonderful authors. The passion and intensity between Dora and her professor are so real. They both know that there relationship is wrong and the consequences, but they are too in love to stop it. With everything going on, they have some real tough decisions to make. I can't wait for the next book in the series to find out what happens. Absolutely a wonderfully written book. I voluntarily read an advanced review copy of this book.
Quill & Ink Book Tours
Jan 18, 2017 marked it as to-read
BLOGGERS

Join the Cover Reveal of Pleasing The Professor here! https://goo.gl/forms/pU81O5XlbAp9DEw12

Sign up to the Quill & Ink Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/2FqtKtccENRTLXFv1

Join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quill...
Pat
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well written storyline with well defined characters made this book a very enjoyable read! First book that I have read from Janae Keyes and I look forward to read more from this author.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Paula  Phillips
Janel
Aug 20, 2017
BethAnn Redd
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So wrong... yet so right... guilty pleasure? yes let me just say yes. Dora and Ramsey were perfectly sexy together. another A+ for Keyes and Davis
Janae was born and raised in the California Bay Area. She grew up a very creative only child and has been writing for as long as she can remember.
Janae accidentally met her now husband online, and a whirlwind romance began because of their mutual love of Harry Potter. After dating long distance, Janae picked up her life in California and moved halfway around the world to Belgium to be with him, a