Start by marking “Write Your Book on the Side: How to Write and Publish Your First Nonfiction Kindle Book While Working a Full-Time Job (Even if You Don’t Have a Lot of Time and Don’t Know Where to Start)” as Want to Read:

***#1 Amazon Best Seller in the Nonfiction, Authorship, and Business Writing categories!***

Don't have the time to write a book? Struggling with what to write about or where to start?

You'll le

Published January 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Write Your Book on the Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Write Your Book on the Side

Start your review of Write Your Book on the Side: How to Write and Publish Your First Nonfiction Kindle Book While Working a Full-Time Job (Even if You Don’t Have a Lot of Time and Don’t Know Where to Start)
Tim Riordan
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Resource for Every Aspiring Writer

Hassan Osman has done every aspiring writer a great service by writing this book. He walks the reader through the various challenges of writing and publishing his first book by offering sound advice and counsel. His advice obviously comes from his experience. I found the book to be very practical and I plan to recommend it to anyone who tells me they want to become a writer.
Grady
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
‘I still cannot find a helpful “one-stop-shop” guide that covers what part-time authors need to know …. So I wrote this one.’

Author/advisor Hassan Osman has published four successful books on offering guidance in coping with this new IT world and how to succeed because of it instead of despite of it! His books to date are DON’T REPLY ALL (helpful hints on writing email), INFLUENCING VIRTUAL TEAMS how to take advantage of and control your ‘remote employees’), SECURING YOUR INFORMATION IN AN INSEC
Nicholas Ball
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Concise and succinct; a good "you can do it" approach to writing a nonfiction book while working a full-time job - the base elements are covered well, but the additional things a book may be supported by (mailing lists, promotions etc) are also covered as optional extras.

Hassan writes well and speaks from his own experiences. There's no needless padding, proving the value of making a worthwhile book rather than attempt to hit a.certaon word limit, etc (one of the points he raises in the book).

An
Píaras Cíonnaoíth
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Save yourself months of research with this book...

This is a short, well-written book that addresses all the challenges facing what part-time authors need to know in a quick and digestible way.

The biggest advantage of this book is that it focuses only on the important stuff you need to know to write and publish your book in the shortest time possible.

It’s a no-fluff guide that gets straight to the point. Recommended.
Rubina Gomes
I have to say, a book on writing couldn't get any simpler than this book. Quick and easy to understand, this book is full of knowledge which, when put to practice, will give immediate results.
If you need a comprehensive guide to writing and publishing your first non-fiction book, look no further. Write Your Book on the Side is THE book for you.
Andres
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Book I wish I'd had before I wrote mine

It took me close to two years to finish my book. I had to research an incredible amount of information, as well as buy a few books on certain aspects of the publication process, just because I didn't want to make any dumb first time mistakes. There was a lot of trial and error involved, and mistakes were still made.

Reading Hassan's book I'm half upset I didn't have it back when I needed it, and half envious of everyone else that has the opportunity. He
Donna
Just finished reading “WRITE YOUR BOOK ON THE SIDE: HOW TO WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR FIRST NON-FICTION KINDLE BOOK WHILE WORKING A FULL-TIME JOB” by HASSAN OSMAN. Write Your Book on the Side will show you how to write your first nonfiction kindle book while you're working a full-time job, even if you've never written a book before.
You'll learn how to come up with a winning topic, how to choose the right title, and how to publish your book in 10 easy steps.
You'll learn:
*     How much money you can m
Venky Iyer
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an Advance Review Copy of this book from the author. It is entirely my fault that I took months to honor his request.

This is a structured book written in a logical sequence of chapters, and the only part of the book long on words is the title. The rest is absolutely readable.

The author starts with Step 1, which is the exhortation to readers interested in writing a book to write a really useful book—useful for the readers, that is. The obvious starting point.

The author continues throug
Ned Barnett
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a remarkably useful title - I read it a week ago (it took me a couple of hours), but in reading it, I got inspired to finally sit down and write a book I'd been thinking about since 2011; within a week, that book is 75% complete. If you are an aspiring author, or even one (like me) who's written several dozen books, under my own name, or as a co-writer or ghost-writer - then any book that can provide so much motivation is well worth reading.

The idea behind this book is that anybody
John Podlaski
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Write your book on the side" is a - ONE STOP SHOP - in the event you are planning to write a non-fiction book. There are so many suggestions and step-by-step instructions between the covers of this book that a potential author might even come away with new ideas for a book they hadn't thought about after completing Hassan Osman's tutorial. I have already published two fiction books over the years and have to admit that I learned some new things that will definitely help me with my next fiction ...more
Brenda Mohammed
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
'Write your book on the side' is an excellent reference guide for someone contemplating writing his/her first book while working a full-time job.
The author's ideas are original and valuable to a writer who is publishing for the first time.
The process he described is easy to follow.
He obviously used those ideas to become a successful author and new and aspiring authors will do well to follow his example.
I particularly liked the section on choosing a title and sub-title.
I highly recommend this bo
Jeramie J Curtice
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rule # 1...Masterfully Accomplished! ☆☆☆☆☆

Read the book to find out what Rule #1 is and I'm sure you'll agree that he definitely practices his own advice.
This book has some great key points that all first time authors and even experienced authors should know. Hassan has clearly done his research and saves you the time by combining the stuff that makes sense and leaving out the rest. Read this book if you've ever thought about writing tour own book. Buy it also, don't borrow it. A book worth rea
Alexis Gerst
Apr 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
With so many books promising that you can "Quit your job in 6 months and be a full-time author!"...I found this one to be a breath of fresh air. I really appreciated the author sharing his true numbers of how much he makes from his books, but the actual steps on how-to write a book were pretty straightforward and similar to those found in other books about how to write a book. This read was very encouraging that writing books doesn't have to be a full-time profession, but it can greatly enhance ...more
Desiree Rosa
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t begin to describe how resourceful this book was to me. After reading another book on self-publishing that wasn’t very helpful. My boyfriend recommended this book to me. The tone of the writer is very honest, he explains everything you need to know about self publishing in an organized and detailed manner. He provides several Step-by-Step guide and also provides you with free resources that you can use to start writing your book.

If I could give this book 10 stars I would!
Russell L. Stanley Jr.
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good information

I downloaded this book to get an idea of what it takes to get published today and Hassan delivered more than I expected! "How to write and publish your first non-fiction book" is well written, concise, easy to understand and is a great overview of the entire process start to finish. He has encouraged me to get started writing the 2 or 3 books that are rattling around in my head. I can't wait to see where this project leads. Thanks Hassan!
Michael Mardel
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Write your book on the side by Osman. I have written fiction and non-fiction school age books and I found quite a few extra ideas or validation of others. I also found a helpful hint re teachers spending an inordinate amount of time emailing - how could they improve their communication skills with other teachers.
Rick Yvanovich
Been thinking of writing a book for some years and have not started for lots of reasons like "I'm too busy". It boils down to not having a system to do it and this book helps fill in the what you do not know about writing a book and dumbs it down into a series of steps which I guess covers everything you need.

Seems simple enough, so its time to start!
Iker Enecoiz
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nice quick read to get all the info that's needed.

I am planning on writing a nonfiction book in 2021. I took me about 1hr to read the whole book and fully understand the process that I was about to embark on. I had no previous experience not had I done any research prior to reading this book.
Hector
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A pleasure to read

Hassan is such a good writer. I was actually disappointed when I finished the book, as I enjoyed reading it so much. Reading his books are like going to a coffee shop with him and enjoying a great conversation. The book was extremely useful.
Andy Hunt
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating and I feel absolutely inspired to write my book after reading this. Simple language, not at all patronising, written with the advice of gives in mind all the time.
Steven Anderson
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great explanation of how to write a successful e-book

Hassan has a very clear and readable style that easily describes the steps you need to take to write and launch your own e-book and become successful.
Mir Rizwan Ali
A lot to think about, but gave a practical step by step guide
Salvatore Rotella
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Good information and a lot of it. Easy to read and we'll organized. Did not want to put the book down.
Colin Parfitt
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very clear and concise guide to getting your first non-fiction book published (on Kindle).
Frank Mandrell
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Short, sweet and to the point. Maps the process out in a simple, easy to follow way for those getting started.
Jean MacLeod
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: information
Great book which covers all the details. Best in the field.
Brigitte Adofo
The masterpiece I needed to write and publish my book. The journey so far has been helpful and impacting. It is a must read.

Grab your copy
Faisal Abdul Latif
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Concise, practical, and surprisingly inspiring!

This book made me believe in myself that I can actually do it, and in very clearly written, precise manner. Love it!
Rahul Nath
May 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Write Your Book on the Side is a free and great step-by-step guide from beginning to end on self-publishing a book. Though some of the chapters are very specific to selling on Amazon, it has many tips and suggestions to help publish a book in general. Recommend this quick read if you are already writing and planning to publish a book but finding it too overwhelming (like me).

If you are interested in a short book summary head over here.
Caroline
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the third one that I've read from this author. He's extremely concise, but he manages to be informative in just a few words. The clear layout of the information is very appealing. You can't go wrong by picking up this book if you want to write a book on the side.

He walks you through a LOT of information that is necessary for a self-published author. He discusses really complex topics in appealingly simple terms, so I really enjoyed that. He had this wonderfully clear and logical rea

• Get 1000 readers for your self-published book: One simple key to marketing success without heavy promotion
  • The Author Startup: A Radical Approach To Rapidly Writing and Self-Publishing Your Book On Amazon
  • Kindle Bestseller Publishing: Write a Bestseller in 30 Days!
  • How to Be Confident and Destroy Low Self-Esteem: The Ultimate Guide for Turning Your Life Around (Positive Thinking, Mind-Body Connection, Goal Setting, Visualization, Facing Fears)
  • The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
  • Love without a story
  • Believe in Yourself
  • The Girl I Love
  • The Blue Umbrella
  • Catch Me? No You Can't!
  • If a glass of wine could fill life up...: A collection of poems
  • Motivational Stories: Inspirational Stories of Determination, Perseverance and Success
  • The Nameless Relationship
  • Purple Riot
  • Love A Little Stronger
  • The Coin
  • Inside the Heart of Hope
  • Art in sorrow: A collection of poems

News & Interviews

When it comes to whiling away the dog days of summer, nothing is better than a good book. Or two. Or three. Let’s say ten! We’re getting...
“Writing a nonfiction book should primarily be about establishing credibility and authority in a specific domain.” 0 likes