Start by marking “GUILTY” as Want to Read:
GUILTY

GUILTY

Guilty. The jury didn't agree.

Now he will be judged by a jury of victims.

Marston High School sits in the small town of Marston in Maryland. Coach Terrence Jackson is a respected football coach and role model within the community, known for his painted on smile and candy apple red sports car. Now he is accused of a rape. The jury's verdict sends the town reeling. His money
Published April 2nd 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about GUILTY, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about GUILTY

J. Schlenker
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I bought this book by accident, but then what do they say? There are no accidents.

I started reading and couldn't put it down. The subject of rape by a teacher/coach would be a hard subject to write about, but the author did it exceedingly well. The opening chapter grabbed you as the setting was a courtroom, and Coach Terrence Jackson was found not guilty of raping Rose, a high school student, and also the girlfriend of his son.

From there we start getting the back story. The plot thickens and th
Aly
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very exciting to read. Rose was a great character in this book. I loved all the twists and turns. This book is about a very horrible topic, rape. But it kept me on the edge of my seat. I felt for Rose in this book and wanted to help catch the person responsible. *This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.*
Dominique Kyle
For the first half of this book I nearly forgot to breathe, and sulked like a teenager when I was forced to stop reading to go and deal with some real life! The first 50% in particular is visceral in dealing in a very real way with the emotional aftermath of the rape of a school girl by the school coach and the subsequent rape trial – both the effects on the victim and on the whole extended family. The emphasis of the second half lies more in the realms of fantasy following the actions of all th ...more
Kayla Krantz
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The preface before the actual story, “My Morning Run” really hooked me in as I waited to see if it was part of the story or simply the author’s experience. Either way, I continued reading and found that Guilty was a fast paced, enjoyable thriller. It starts off in the middle of a trial in which a popular coach is charged of rape by his son’s girlfriend, Rose. The judge rules he is not guilty but he is and unfortunately, Rose is not his first victim.

I really sympathized with and enjoyed Rose’s ch
Gordon Bickerstaff
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full of suspense and clever twists.

This is a crime thriller that holds a great deal of suspense around a not guilty verdict, and the ensuing vengeance or justice for rape victims. Although, it's predictable that in the end the rapist will get what he deserves, the twists that occur along the journey do keep the pages turning. All of the characters are well developed and it's easy to have empathy for the victims, particularly as they have to move forward with strength and determination after vari
Steven Arnett
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent novel: The #MeToo movement come to life!

I got caught up in this story early on and enjoyed all the twists and turns of the plot right to the end. Ms. Moon has a unique voice and style that is all her own—a vigorous staccato prose that is well suited to the mystery/thriller genre. Although written before the #MeToo movement, this novel dramatically and forcefully illustrates this issue in a meaningful way. Readers will find that this novel has a clever plot unlike anything they have
Helen
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story begins in court with Rose, a young girl who has been raped by Coach Jackson. The author has captured the feelings of the traumatised girl at the moment when the not guilty verdict is given, which draws the reader into the story. From Rose's family and friends to the police officers in charge of the case, each character is well-written and, as the story develops, you can feel their pain, hurt and frustration.
This is a well-thought out thriller with a number of twists that leave you wond
Diana Febry
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
(After a jog?) the story opens with a popular and very successful High School coach being acquitted of the rape of a teenage cheerleader. The book then moves between the police officers who were convinced he was guilty, his defence lawyer and wife, the teenager and her family and friends and previous rape victims. I really liked the way the story was structured and suspense was built well by the cutting away to re-join another character.
With so much going on and the quick changes, the story lac
Angela Petch
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a dark thriller and it panned out like a late-night movie in my mind – the type that makes me hide my head in a cushion in the scary parts – but peek out from behind because I want to know what happens next.
An aspect of Brigitta Moon’s writing that I really admire is her ability to have so many threads and characters in her story and be in full control throughout the whole thing. The plot is complicated and the central theme of the rape of innocent young women is harrowing.
It is also “t
Owen Jones
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Guilty by Brigitta Moon is a novel written in the third person, set in a fictitious town in modern-day Maryland, USA.

Miss Moon soon gets down to the story and shortly after meeting the teenage schoolgirl, Rose, the main protagonist, we are told that she had claimed to have been raped by the school coach, and that he had been found innocent. Naturally, the trauma does not end there for Rose or her family who believe her, despite the fact that the school administration and all the pupils support t
Laurel Heidtman
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
The introduction to this book, including the part titled “My Morning Run” grabs the reader immediately. I’m still not sure if this really happened to the author. When I first read the “My Morning Run” part, I assumed it was the start of the novel, but what happened in it was never mentioned again. If the author really saw this on a morning run, my sympathies go out to her.

The basic story of the book is that a popular high school coach has been charged with rape by his son Jonas’s girlfriend, Ros
Kim Walton
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama, young-adult
Guilty is a work of fiction that reads like a newspaper headline or that breaking news story. It’s a story not only about abuse and different forms of abuse. Guilty gives the reader a look at domestic abuse, mental abuse, and physical abuse. Guilty is also a story of survival, faith, and standing up to right wrongs, a story about people coming together to protect, love, and nourish one another in harsh climates and hard times.
The story had a very real feel to it, you feel like going along and pl
Norma Nikutowski
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a fast paced intriguing story with lots of plot twists and turns this book is for you.

I was hooked from the beginning. It was difficult to put the book down once I started reading.
I loved following Rose’s story. Rose is a teenage cheerleader who was raped by a popular High School Coach. The perpetrator is found not guilty at the beginning of the story.

Now Rose has to deal not only with the trauma of being raped but also with facing her attacker at school. Rose is not the
Lucretia
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an emotional tale of real world horror and justice gone wrong. My heart started breaking from the very start. What could have been a very simple revenge story was deepened by some unexpected twists and threads of the story that connected everyone in unique ways.

Rose was a strong character, and so easy to sympathize with. I think that made it all the more powerful to feel what she endured long after the initial victimization and miscarriage of justice. Even when the reasons became clear
Trudie Collins
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the very first page. It is not about the rape of a high school student, or the subsequent trial. Instead it is about what happens next. It is well thought out and has a good storyline. There are no graphic details that some might find disturbing. There are a number of different parts to the story which the author manages to work together well.

I liked the fact that the chapters are short, giving you plenty of opportunity to pause in your reading; not that you will wan
Delinda McCann
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Guilty by Brigitta Moon is a sit and read in one long session book. I had to stop reading for annoying things like feeding my husband and drinking water, but otherwise the book held me spellbound.

This is a story that can happen in any town. The popular football coach rapes seventeen year-old Rose. As these things go, he is found not guilty. His fans celebrate while Rose and her family are left to comfort each other. Along the way they find help in some surprising places-not everybody believes t
Helen Christmas
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book gripped me from the first page. A community is left shattered in the aftermath of a trial, a not-guilty verdict and a traumatised family. The characters in this story felt very real to me, from the fragile innocence of Rose, to the disturbingly popular coach accused of raping her. You instantly get a sense, he has got away with a wicked crime. Yet delving deeper into the story, the mystery takes an unexpected twist when we meet victim support counsellor, Lindsey. There is more to this ...more
L.S.
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great, fast-paced read. The kind of story that you have to keep reading 'one more chapter' just to see what happens. The characters are so well drawn - it's easy to root for Rose and want justice for her, just as it's not hard at all to despise the arrogant showmanship of the Coach.
The story takes a twist after the initial trial, and the Coach resumes his showy lifestyle as though nothing can touch him.
The revelations that unfold are delightfully introduced, adding drama and tension
Loren Lockner
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This proved to be a splendid intro to the Marston Crime dramas by Brigitta Moon. Exceptionally well-written with crisp and realistic dialogue, this book was difficult to put down for me. Though many intriguing characters populate the novel, (my personal favorite was the novice detective, Billy ‘the kid’ whose wide inexperienced eyes pick up clues the more seasoned of his team overlook) I never once felt lost or confused. The premise of the novel is not whether or not the coach is guilty, but wil ...more
Cathy McGough
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally love the cover of this book and the synopsis intrigued me enough to buy it. It was a really good read, one I found it difficult to put down. I thought the note at front by the author about how she was inspired to write the story was really interesting. The story itself was well written and the author did a really good job of building suspense, creating strong characters, and keeping you guessing to keep you turning the pages.
Jk
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This thriller started with a bang. The opening page packed the kind of punch I love to see. It told me the author could write and I had found another gem. Sentence structure packed punch, lashed me to the page and took me for the kind of ride I love.

The subject matter was risky though. Luckily it was in the hands of a talented author that knew how to handled it with a deft touch, employing the correct amounts of tension, horror, revulsion, mystery and redemption. .
Richard Burke
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
When coach Terence Jackson is acquitted of raping Rose Canter, he returns to work at the same school. Rose now has to face her attacker every day and is seen by many as the one at fault. The story explores the lives of Rose and her family and her unlikely friendship with the coach's son as they struggle to survive the aftermath. There are some good plot twists as this story about vengeance develops. An enjoyable read.
M E
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Although found not guilty the Coach has obviously gotten away with his callous act, but how will he be brought to justice. This book had me gripped from page one pondering this question. With the twists within the story you are never truly sure until the end. A very well constructed story line that kept me hooked.
Phillipa Clark
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A difficult subject but handled with great respect and a satisfying conclusion. Lots of twists and turns along the way and at times, my heart was racing along with the action. The characters - particularly Rose and her sister Faith - were well developed and endearing. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys a thrilling story with genuine people and authentic situations.
Clifton Kenny
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was impressed by the character depth, the different points of view of a very sensitive subject, and the quest for justice. Strong female lead, along with many unpredictable twists and turns kept me enthralled. Well done!
C.A. King
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A powerful book about a difficult topic - rape, trial and justice. Obviously with the subject matter, this book isn't going to be for everyone.

This is a thought provoking read - well worth the time.
Greg Alldredge
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read.
This book is well written with a wonderful character arch. I found the prose effective with marvelous descriptions and exposition. Dialogue had individual voices making the conversations flow. I read it in one setting.
Worth your time if you like crime dramas.
Daniel Norrish
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novel is brilliantly balanced to illuminate the desperation that’s caused by many crimes. Although fictional, the narrative resonated as something honest and truthful and I thoroughly enjoyed the varying perspectives. A fantastic thriller.
R.T. Graham
This story is good, but I was distracted by multiple grammar and punctuation errors, which made the read less fluent, and greatly influenced my rating. However, the storytelling is superb. Another edit by the author would make a good story, an awesome read.
Barbara J Maich
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A excellent. Thriller

I like a good thriller with a storyline and this meets both. It was hard to put down and the storyline built in itself making you try to find the unexpected In will continue to read Brigitta'a thrillers . Keep them coming . An excellent read.
GOOD REVIEWS: Kindle Unlimited Book needs reviews- GUILTY 1 11 May 01, 2017 11:35PM
Brigitta Moon is a native Marylander born April 5th. She has been an avid reader of a variety of genres since high school. After high school she went on to a Baltimore community college where she studied nursing. She went on to continue her studies in nursing and business at The College of Notre Dame of Maryland where she obtained her BSN. Working many hours on the night shift presented many oppor ...more